• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Where to find decent barrles in 308/7.62

dwkuska

Private
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2014
Graham, WA
While I begin my quest to reach further and further down range I am learning my stock barrel is just not going to cut it. I have been trying to do searches for custom barrels but not finding much more then websites that dont offer in 7.62x51 or just sell replacement stock barrels. The barrel is for a remington 700 although I am not sure that matters as long as the threading isnt different.

Also whats a good ballpark on what I can expect to spend on a new barrel? I know its about $300 for my AR and the barrel only lasts about 6k rounds. before I start to see a few flyers here and there.

Any of the companies are good. Shilen, Kreiger, Bartlein, Rock your choice. All will be blanks so you need a gunsmith to chamber it for you. Expect to pay around $325-350 for the barrel and $150-200 to chamber.

any suggestions on twist? I was thinking of maintaining the 1:10 twist but if I shoot heavier pills... maybe 1:12+ might be an option

Pm sent

Threading and chamber install will run more around 200-300 and depending on who you use 4months +- lead time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk 2

any suggestions on twist? I was thinking of maintaining the 1:10 twist but if I shoot heavier pills... maybe 1:12+ might be an option

You have it backwards. 1:10 is for heavier bullets