• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Your farthest hits ever?

Re: Your farthest hits ever?

im pretty sure every shot ive ever fired hit something and probably alot hit something pretty far away from me, so....

well, not really far but an amazingly lucky shot. a friend and my self were driving around our lease/ range and spotting a rather large grackle on a big power line pole at a ranged 187 yds(we ranged it after the shot). so he's like, "imma shoot it" I'm thinking yeah right with a 35+ year old .22lr with about a $20 4x scope on it wtfe. so he rest his rifle on the window seal and shoots. lo and behold the birds starts fluttering to the ground stone dead. we're both flippin out cuz I mean come on, almost 200yds witha crappy .22 and DRT????? well, we just HAD to go and inspect and I SWEAR to fraeakin Moses, shot directly through the dome of the grackle, had to be the most ridiculous thing Ive ever seen(well, maybe not but it was pretty cool) and there is no flippin way I would have believed him if I wasn't there but, it happened

1. Steel gong 12" @ 1000 yards (TBA) M40A1 LC 118 LR.

2. Coke can @ 700 yards (TBA) 308 hand loads 175 SMK....first try, shooting bud couldn't believe it, prolly couldn't do it again on demand on first try, it's fun to watch the cans explode when hit.

3. Live Critter....piglet @ 586 yards from a tower blind 300WSM hand load 180 gr accubond.

Pretty consistant on 900yd 18" steel gong when wind isn't too bad.

Revision after todays practice session... Not so consistant hits at 900 yards. Wind played havoc across the valleys we shot over.

XP100 14" bbl pistol
2.5 - 8 Leupold pistol scope
7/08 140 sierra SPBT 2400fps
sandbagged off bench

Topstrap

My longest shots so far were 700M with a t3 lite and bushnell 3200 5-15x40mm using .308 168gr gmm ammo. I have improved alot since then, equipment too so I am itching to stretch my legs.

2 dudes at 2570m with binos and radio back to the 81mm team. Kunar Prov, A'Stan. LoL... didnt even have to clean my weapon.

1185yds , first round hit on steel torso during a timed match,

Best part = DPMS 260, IOR 4.5x14x50, holding 10 mils from offhand kneeling position

2 officials and 1 spotting partner watched me do it

I shot out to 1000y with a remington 308 5r. I was shooting store bought fed 180. They were sub sonic by the time they hit the target but I was still able to hit 6x with them. Learned my lesson to get better ammo before my next outing.

11/04/2009: 1000m e-type target with the M107.
Shooting from the standing unsupported. First shot, target down. unbelievably lucky.

In AF, we collected good data out to 2000m.

On game:
raccoon in an open field, perfect conditions, 430 yards with 243
ground hog in a 35mph half value wind at 220 yards with 243, and

Some targets: shooting 525 yards (farthest I can get out for now) with a 3 inch group, out of my 308 running 168 handloads. Nothing Fancy here.

I was mule deer hunting in CO. this weekend and there happened to be a dead cow in a alfalfa field next to hour bunk house that the coyotes just couldn't resist.

Knocked 3 coyotes off at 507yards, 533 yards, and one between 600 to 640 yards with my 300jarrett with a 155 berger vld.

Elk 442yards with 300WM with 180 nos. partition

Prairie dogs many around 1000yards with 6.5-284win with 142 smk.

Steel, only had the opportunity on 600 yard target at the Whittington NRA center in Raton, NM.

shot a grouse out of the air with a .22 at night from 75-100m...just as I yelled...ITS COMING RIGHT FOR US! I had to fire, I felt my life and the lives of those around me were in jeopardy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: X3M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ohhh, almost forgot, shot a 1" X 1" square of ground at 1.5 miles with a 22LR, if you don't believe me, look on the box, it will go that far!!!!

-X3M </div></div>

Not bad, I've done that myself, only my target was .224", cold bore baby! lmao.

Branden

1350yds on a undersize steel IDPA target with a .308.

-X

in my opinion, my most impressive furthest hits were earlier this week on a 21" diameter plate at 1500 yards with a 18.5" barrel 308. i also hit the target with my 284 but that wasn't quite as impressive.

It has been a while, but I don't expect to repeat this anytime soon. 2 shots touching at 1 mile with bushmaster AR-50. I'm picture challenged on intergoogle, but they can be found on page 71 of the October 2007 issue of Guns Magazine.

I like this thread because discussions are very live, interesting and educational. I'm glad that i have joined this site.

--------------
baby sleep bag

Steel: 12x12" plate @ 500 with Tikka 595 in .308 Win. Can't remember load...150g hand-load of some sort probably.

Game: 5 prairie dogs w/ 20 shots @ 235-245 yards with Savage .22 LR.

Yeah, I know...I'm working on it.

Had a complete luck hit while messing around with the 9.5" 44mag revolver.

400yd IPSC Torso, steel plate.

12.5gr Unique under 240gr RN Hard cast ~ 1350fps MV

Hit on the first round, witnessed by 2 other shooters that were just as dumbstruck as myself. I was smart enough to quit while I was ahead and not try again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sapper524</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does calling in a JDAM count? ... </div></div>

Not if you didn't hit the switch to release it
smile.gif

338LM at 1950 yards
50 BMG (750 AMAX) at 2100 yards.
40 SW 180 grains out of a HK USP compact at 300 yards.

longest (confirmed) shot was a 16" IPSC target at 800 yards with my custom AR-15 .223 Rem. using 77grain SMK's @ the shreveport sniper match sept.11 (2 hits out of 4 shots)

Longest unconfirmed hit was same gun and load same day but at 1000 yards.

DSCN2671.jpg

DSCN2692.jpg

LaRue 11" x 16" knock down target at 1800 yds with a 300 RUM shooting 190 SMK's.
DSCN1580web.gif

AD1.gif

AD2.gif

Longest confirmed hit: 1900 yds. 300WM, 208 Amax @ 2870 fps. Plate is invisible on the horizon.

IMG_5123.jpg

Longest confirmed near miss
grin.gif
: 4 round sub-MOA group at 2296 yds. same rifle, 208 Amax @ 2900 fps. Target was 1/4 mil rock. Missed low by about 1/2 mil.

DSC02542enh.jpg

John

Not my best shot or farthest shot by any means, but once I shot a good size field mouse at 150 yards with my .308 SPS tac. I was just target shooting from a prone posistion when i saw him walkin in front of the white steel target. The only thing left that i could find was a patch of fur and there was blood spatter on my target. =D

As the old sayin goes,"if I tell you I would probably have to kill you."

All kidding aside, ASM1 got me on steel at a touch over 1000yd. It was awesome for me. It has been the furthest so far. Thanks Frankie!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: okrebel92</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not my best shot or farthest shot by any means, but once I shot a good size field mouse at 150 yards with my .308 SPS tac. I was just target shooting from a prone posistion when i saw him walkin in front of the white steel target. The only thing left that i could find was a patch of fur and there was blood spatter on my target. =D </div></div>

Poor little bugger didnt know what was coming to him! lol

904yds on a ground hog first shot cold bore 7mag
851yds antelope doe 7mag
1250yds steel gong 6br.

frown.gif
500 yards. It's the furthest place I've found to shoot so far. I can't wait to get out and shoot further!

Not sure of the group size, but that was 5 shots. w/ 23mph wind.

168g .308 Federal GMM SMKs Factory ammo
IMAG0089.jpg

IMAG0081.jpg

2000 yards with a 50bmg 2 weeks ago.

1 mile with a 6.5creedmoor.

65creedmoor1mile.jpg

Hits from a 6.5creedmoor @1 mile.

I was out with a few friends at 1760 with their 50bmgs and decided to take a few shots with the creedmoor for the hell of it. It took 92moa to get a 140 amax there but was surprised that there was still some resemblance of accuracy at that range.

Its not very impressive, but I was able to make consistent hits on two width plastic silhouette targets at 1200 yards with an M-240B (7.62mm) using iron sights and about a 3-5 round burst.

1200 yards, steel target
Hope to get to a mile soon...

That's it I need to find a place to shoot further. I took my wife out, she's only shot a bolt action ONCE in her life. It was my 700 when I first got it and I let her take one shot w/ it. ONE TIME.

Today I'm shooting at steel at 400. That's as far as I have at my shooting lease. I have my wife and mother w/ me today. My wife asks if she can give it a shot, I said SURE. She plops right down and dings the hell out of it first shot... I need to at least have double on her right?

Today
My podnuh made the shot. I was in the pit to spot but he didn't need a sighter; he hit this cap first shot at 600 with a 168 AMAX .308 Win. AI/AEMk1, 20X optics. Farthest? Well its the farthest he ever shot a Gatorade cap in a full value wind and mirage that made the cap appear a little orange glowy shimmer, except the other day too, but, he wanted a witness because we razzed em.

Watch out guys. He's up and coming; 20 years young, 6'4", learned to shoot in Utah, knows it all, has an Ar15, a custom CZ/Kreiger 300wm, and this AI. He's gonna be winning some nice stuff.
p.s. Notice the .50 cal Amax in the berm above my dirty finger.

2q0vno7.jpg

I shot a shack apart at about 1000 yards a few miles north of Ramadi Iraq... with a Mk19. Supposedly there were triggermen inside waiting to set off an IED, don't know if anyone was actually inside, and I honestly don't care to know. We did find the IED a little ways up the road.

Does this count??