• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

1000 yd group?

Big Bo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2005
Cal West
Don`t know the gun. Co-worker says his boss shot in a 1000 yd compition and put 19 of 20 shots in the 6" circle. I told him (co-worker) I would like to see the pics.

Is smoke being blown?

Re: 1000 yd group?

Not too hard to belive, if the shooter and rifle are up to it.

Considering the NBRSA world record for 10 shots is 5.1908" it probably is a little fanciful. Not saying it didn't happen. Just saying it is unlikely. Maybe 6 MOA? Hahaha!

Josh

It could be done but it's tough to keep 10 shots under 6". The rifle may be accurate enough but is the shooter that good and will conditions allow a shot string that long without changing. A 10 shot group under 6" gets everyones attention at our 1K matches. 10 shots under 5" and people start shaking your hand. 5 shots under 5" are much more common. 5 shots under 4" aren't that rare. I hold the NBRSA Heavy Gun record, 10 shots in 4.322" That's held up since September of '06 I would have thought that would have been broken by now. That group was shot with 187 gr. 30 cal flat base bullets. BC isn't everything.