• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

It’s called Texas! It’s next to Mexico and that’s where a lot of fraud comes from. My bank blocks all transactions with my debit card in Texas and New Jersey!

I hope they can figure it out and I didnt loose the code. Does anyone happen to know what days and hours someone at MO usa would likely answer a phone? Since several past emails have gotten no reply phone seems to be my only chance.

My bank generally dosnt shut down transactions because they know I travel international and all over the country for work.

I hope they can figure it out and I didnt loose the code. Does anyone happen to know what days and hours someone at MO usa would likely answer a phone? Since several past emails have gotten no reply phone seems to be my only chance.

My bank generally dosnt shut down transactions because they know I travel international and all over the country for work.

Call on the phone and talk to Yim, she’ll get you squared away.

Reactions: Glassaholic
I get nothing then it says my call was answered by some answering service that's not available. I'm using the # listed under their contact us page

Spoke to Yim this AM. She said she wasn't supposed to be answering the phone since they were doing inventory. She said they will be “back on the phones” Thursday.

I get nothing then it says my call was answered by some answering service that's not available. I'm using the # listed under their contact us page

I used 210-377-2527

Yim did say she had a bunch of emails she was responding back to today on 50% off certs. So I'm sure they will be getting to them shortly.

Yim is one awesome lady. She’s been super helpful to me even when I forgot to give the suite number to ship. She’s an enthusiastic individual and a huge asset to Blaser for sure. She’s highly motivated so she’ll address the problem.

Huge shout out to Yim.

Got some of mine today.
D7A55084-4E53-4022-8F6C-CF95EA71145F.jpeg
D7A55084-4E53-4022-8F6C-CF95EA71145F.jpegYim has been a pleasure to deal with.
Now just waiting on my 3-15

Wow!!!! I almost wish I'd bought another rifle. Mine come tomorrow. Opted not to do the 3-15, but was darn close as I was to a ZP8.

By the way, it appears the 3-15 has not been discontinued, I have a good source who's said they will be coming out with a new reticle for the 3-15 next year, something between the MR4 and MR5.

Thanks for the warning @wjm308. I guess I better start saving. That's the one thing that held me back not splitting my purchase. I am afraid I may be becoming a glass snob, even before I have my glass :). LOL. Maybe a 224V will work well with this.

@wjm308 All 3 of the new ones feel exactly the same, turrets, parallax, power etc.
and those 3 feel like my last two. Other than the SN I can’t tell them apart.
two dark when I got them to check out the glass outside but I’ll do that tomorrow

Awesome. Looks like they are starting to run a tighter ship.

Glad they arent dropping the line. Will have to buy another 3-15 with the new reticle later 2020. Hopefully we see a slight drop in MSRP but I won't hold my breath.

I've been really fortunate with all the ZP5s I've had that the turrets have been all fantastic. From the single digit Serial numbers with ones into the 1000s. Haven't been disappointed yet.

By the way, it appears the 3-15 has not been discontinued, I have a good source who's said they will be coming out with a new reticle for the 3-15 next year, something between the MR4 and MR5.

Well somebody ought to tell Blaser this because it directly contradicts what I was told.

I was told there are a few MR2's left, that's it. I did not inquire about the future. Don't know if that helps.

Well somebody ought to tell Blaser this because it directly contradicts what I was told.

I talked to Minox this morning and asked very specifically about the 3-15 being discontinued. I was told no. They said specifically that the MR5 is going to be no longer for the 3-15. Moving forward the two reticles that will be available are the German #4 reticle and a new reticle being released 2020 specifically for the 3-15. I asked again if the 3-15 is going away and was told no, again. And the new skews in their system for the new optics were not yet available and to be released in the feature.

The MR2 has been discontinued for a while.
No argument there; I guess that wasn't a big seller when you throw the 5-25 in the mix. I understood just a handful available last Friday. Granted, I was so excited over the 5-25's I could have dreamed the whole thing.

I got mine last week. The turrets are a bit stiff, but they feel great. Now I see what everyone was making all the fuzz about when going to the second revolution, definitely not an issue for me.
although I haven’t been shooting with it yet but I was checking the glass out from my upstairs bedroom window and I have to say it’s amazing.

By the way, is anyone planning to thread the barrel on the M18?
If so,what thread pitch?
My gunsmith said he could thread it 1/2x28 and then install a 5/8x24 adapter to fit my saker muzzle brake.

i have been staring at the M18's trigger blade - it is plastic/composite, correct? If so, any option to change it to metal, just like the Mauser M12's?

On the same note, I shot my Mauser M12 300 Win Mag this weekend, unbraked. Sent 38 rounds downrange, barrel break-in procedure. It's a tack driver, but my shoulder is feeling it.

Got my two 5-25's today. The first one had the turret not on zero and was quite stiff to get started. However, I can report that both turrets feel the same and have a wonderful tactile feel. Mine sound like the video Bill did with a nice audible click and no overshoot for each click - very distinct per 0.1 mil adjustment. The only thing disappointing is that I'm now a glass snob!!! Just looking across the interior of the house I was absolutely blown away with the clarity.

Now do I do rings or a QD? On gasser which mean spic-and-span cleaning is always a PITA which leads me more to a QD - but I'm very open to opinions here. What are you folks doing for mounts?

I guess I'll be saving up for this "improved 3-15" that may or may not be coming out. Holy cow, I'm stunned with the glass quality!! :):)

Got my two 5-25's today. The first one had the turret not on zero and was quite stiff to get started. However, I can report that both turrets feel the same and have a wonderful tactile feel. Mine sound like the video Bill did with a nice audible click and no overshoot for each click - very distinct per 0.1 mil adjustment. The only thing disappointing is that I'm now a glass snob!!! Just looking across the interior of the house I was absolutely blown away with the clarity.

Now do I do rings or a QD? On gasser which mean spic-and-span cleaning is always a PITA which leads me more to a QD - but I'm very open to opinions here. What are you folks doing for mounts?

I guess I'll be saving up for this "improved 3-15" that may or may not be coming out. Holy cow, I'm stunned with the glass quality!! :):)
My experience is very similar, the scope came in a couple weeks ago and it’s a knockout. I posted a mini-review in my “Best ~$2k scope” thread. It looks like the QC is consistent and Minox has hit it out of the park with the ZP5s. The 50% off deal is unbelievable; I wish I could justify doing it a couple more times. Could really use another 5-25, couple 3-15s, MD 80ZR...

My experience is very similar, the scope came in a couple weeks ago and it’s a knockout. I posted a mini-review in my “Best ~$2k scope” thread. It looks like the QC is consistent and Minox has hit it out of the park with the ZP5s. The 50% off deal is unbelievable; I wish I could justify doing it a couple more times. Could really use another 5-25, couple 3-15s, MD 80ZR...
I was just commenting to a buddy that I am tempted to buy another rifle, but when I look at the outlay of cash I need to take a breather. I'd love to have the spotting scope, a 3-15 and the ZP8 (love the concept of the dual focal plane).

Reactions: Tac Beard
Dang, this is legit, thanks for sharing jwk. I've been curious about 6.5 PRC, this is a crazy good deal from Minox, their MSRP on the ZP5 5-25x56 is $3430 and you have to purchase from Minox USA, but even still at $1715 for a ZP5 5-25, that's just unbeatable... Here's a link to Mauser's discount code/form - http://mauser-usa.com/minox-discount-code/

Anybody know who makes a decent picatinny rail to fit the Mauser M18 action? Can that barrel be threaded for 5/8-24 for a suppressor, looks kind of thin...

Edit: I just found out the M18 uses Remington 700 scope base, so I'm assuming any Remington 700 pic rail should work, can anyone verify this?
I have the M18 in 6.5 PRC, with a Remington 700 long action 20 moa Warne mountain tech picatinny rail. The M18 will accept 700 long action bases.

Attachments

• IMG_20191218_133735.jpg
    IMG_20191218_133735.jpg
    384.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20191218_133802.jpg
    IMG_20191218_133802.jpg
    527.2 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: Glassaholic
I said screw it and did the deal, rifle has been at the store for a week. I went there today and never even looked at it the owner bought the rifle from me so no transfer paperwork and fees. I had the optic held at UPS and also picked it up today but since I have been running around for a few days with little sleep I decided to forgo the in depth inspection and wait untill my body and brain go back to normal, if there is such a thing.

Question for folks with ZP5 experience: Is your windage turret click/rotation stiffer than the elevation turret? Or are they identical to each other?

Last edited:
Question for folks with ZP5 experience: Is your windage turret click/rotation stiffer than the elevation turret? Or are they identical to each other?

The windage is stiffer for sure, both on the newer ZP5's with the tactile turrets and the older models with the less tactile turrets.

The windage is stiffer for sure, both on the newer ZP5's with the tactile turrets and the older models with the less tactile turrets.
Thanks. I thought it made sense to have the windage stiffer than the elevation, but I I read somewhere that the elevation/windage turrets felt identical.

For the one I have, the clicks were similar, but windage turrets were definitely stiffer.

I think there may just be a miscommunication with scope vs. reticle being discontinued.

For anyone else wondering, the turrets on all the new scopes are legit. Can’t wait to see everyone positing these up for sale at $2500 in 2 months once this deal is over, LOL.

Reactions: 260284 and MOUNTIC
This thing is NICE!

Throw lever: check

Parallax wheel: check

Both fit precisely into the grooves and features on their respective attachment locations.
The latest ZP5's seem to have matured very well, especially with turrets, now with a perfect fit of your gear... just makes it all the sweeter. Show us some pics if you get a chance.

Reactions: Terp00
Got my second installed tonight. Diopter lock ring I can’t get right enough to lock the diopter. Otherwise it’s identical to my first in every way. I got it tight enough it isn’t easy to turn but I might call Blaser and see what’s up.

Can anybody suggest a mount or rings for an AR-10 platform that would work well with the 5-25? I've toyed with purchasing a Bobro QD or just rings. Since it's an AR platform I like the QD concept, but open to suggestions. Thanks and sorry if this question has been asked in this thread. Searched thread but not much on mounts.

Got my second installed tonight. Diopter lock ring I can’t get right enough to lock the diopter. Otherwise it’s identical to my first in every way. I got it tight enough it isn’t easy to turn but I might call Blaser and see what’s up.
hmmm, i remember reading in the manual that mentioned even if the diopter ring is locked, the diopter ring can still rotate if turned hard enough. Could that be the issue?