• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Badger M2008 Builds.....Where are they?? Pics...

Re: Badger M2008 Builds.....Where are they?? Pics

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a CG Jackson two-stage.

</div></div>
How do you like this trigger? I'm looking for a trigger for my surgeon action and some thing close to Sako TRG trigger.

I was not a huge fan at first (mainly because I was used to shooting a single stage trigger), but the more I shoot it the more I like it.

I have no experience with the TRG, so I can not speak to the similarities. The Jackson is a very smooth, quality two stage trigger.

I don't recall the exact weight, but the second stage is just over a pound.

You need to lock that trigger shoe on tight because they can work loose. IMHO, the Jackson is not a field trigger. If you're going to drop the coin on a 2-stage for a hard-use rifle, get a Huber.

Thanks for the heads up, it has been fine.

I have heard things about the Huber trigger that makes me not want one. I'll stick with the Jackson.

I run Hubers. They are all running perfectly

That's great.

Have you run the Jackson for comparison?

Not quite done yet, it needs to be parkerized and KG'ed, but we're getting close...

Badger003.jpg

RADcustom and Priest thanks for your input ! After reading about triggers on this forum , i've decided to buy Jewell HVR ( i know it's not a 2 stage trigger, but i give it a try...)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's great.

Have you run the Jackson for comparison? </div></div>

Haven't bought a Jackson yet. Haven't had the need to because of the hubers

RAD, ive had my eye on a CG Jackson tactical for some time now.

Got any advice for me or should I just pull the trigger on buying one?

If it's a 1 piece trigger shoe, you should be GTG.

Don't buy the Jackson match trigger with the adj. shoe for serious field work.

Re: Badger M2008 Builds.....Where are they?? Pics...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot976</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is mine...
Built by Dave at American Precision Arms (AKA Patriot Arms)
Specs;
Badger Ordnance Short Action
Schnieder USMC Spec Barrel finished @ 24"
ACIS 2.0 stock with AW mags
Jewel trigger
S&B 4-16x50 P4F
Badger 34mm USMC rings

DSC_0007.jpg

5 shots of 168grn Federal Gold Medal @ 100yards...
DSC_0004.jpg

5 shots with 168grn SMK over 42.9grns of IMR 4064 & Fed 210m @ 100 yards
DSC_0006-1.jpg

5 shots with my old .308 standby load... 168grn SMK over 41.4grns of IMR 4064 & Fed 210m @ 100 yards
DSC_0003-1.jpg

Oneshot

</div></div>Have you tired the 175smk's through it?

I've got almost the exact same APA build as oneshot's except my barrel is 18". The 175SMKs shoot lights out. The rifle also loves 155 Scenars. I've had it out to 600 yards and have been thrilled with the accuracy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RAD, ive had my eye on a CG Jackson tactical for some time now.

Got any advice for me or should I just pull the trigger on buying one? </div></div>

Sorry for the delayed response.
If you want a two stage, I say go for it.

It's a very nice trigger.

Ok I'm thinking about doing a M2008 on my next build.
If I'm wanting to use a 2008 short action, I order a short action AICS or Long action AICS?

I've heard order a Long action AICS because the action is longer and I heard to order the short action and the gunsmith will make it fit...

Any help would be good

No, you still want the shorter mags.

Short action. And yes, your smith will have to mill the piss outta the AICS anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 30caluser</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anymore builds out there? </div></div>

Mines currently with Mark @ SAC. Wont see it till I get home in April.

Yeap ,

Having a 300WM version built up as we speak , its listed under a thread " New 300WM rifle build " I think .

Mine just about done. Waiting on a Atlas and to bed the Badger EFR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
5342149806_ab6dea5969_b.jpg

Mine just about done. Waiting on a Atlas and to bed the Badger EFR. </div></div>

Damn, that looks pretty familiar. 308 I presume?

Got this on Monday:

-Badger M2008 GENII
-Bartlein 26" BBL, fluted in 6.5x47 Lapua
-McMillan A5 in GAP marble cammo with KWW loggerhead system
-Jewell trigger set @ 2.5
-Badger Ordnance trigger guard/magazine well
-Badger Ordnance EFR (front mount)
-Surefire Comp/suppressor adapter (SF762)
-Harris 6-9 bipod with KMW pod loc
-TAB sling

Thanks to the GA Precision crew!

[img:left]
5ysyl2.jpg
[/img] [img:left]
oh3cr6.jpg
[/img] [img:left]
2rm87eh.jpg
[/img]

Here's mine I just received.

(click for full res)

TT350z,

What types of scope rings are those? Haven't seen them before.

Heres mine, less than a couple months old from GAP!

DSC_0498.jpg

What is everyone using to coat their bolts/actions? I have read that the tolerances are so tight that you have to be careful with what you use. I am getting ready for a m2008 build and don't want a grabby bolt but need corrosion resistance in my wet environment.

beautiful rifles Jeff and dagger!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is everyone using to coat their bolts/actions? I have read that the tolerances are so tight that you have to be careful with what you use. I am getting ready for a m2008 build and don't want a grabby bolt but need corrosion resistance in my wet environment. </div></div>

I had my bolt Ionbonded

Heres mine

M2008 Gen II
.260, .308 & 6.5x47 Imp.- All Lawton 6 Groove at 26"...profiled for the same brake.
SureFire .338 Brake
Manners T4A - Mini Chassis
S&B 5-25x56 Gen II XR
45 MOA Base
Jewell Trigger
IonBonded Everything
The rest you can see for yourself.

PA020004.jpg

PA020003.jpg

I love this thread. There's something just awesome looking about these actions, especially in an AICS. Keep 'em coming.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 308JEFF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres mine, less than a couple months old from GAP!

DSC_0498.jpg
</div></div>

Exact gun I want in .338 Lapua! Please post some more pictures for us

KRG Chassis pic. Beanland built and one rifle I'll probably never sell...

Unfortunately mine is laying on my workbench waiting on me to get this party started. I'll post pictures when it is finished

MN, what are the details on the coating in your signature? Thanks for the birthday wishes also buddy, much appreciated!

Stock is factory finish. Bolt is NP-3 coated by Robar. Barreled action is Cerakote in a new color called "burnt bronze". I wanted something different than the standard camo or black, etc. It's a bit darker than in that picture, I'll post more today. I am working on a full review of the KRG chassis with professional photos right now so keep an eye out.

So much inspiration for an M2008 build in this thread.

Badger M2008 Gen 2, Bartlein Med. Palma chambered in .260 Rem by Spartan Precision Rifles. AICS with ViperSkins. Premier 5X25 Gen II XR.

337827_10150440589715945_654750944_8676910_1821514998_o.jpg

P1030867.jpg

This one is mine. Got it back from GAP last week. Yes it's a lefty! McMillan stock, first barrel with the Surefire brake attachment that is on the gun is a .308, 5R, 1-11.25 twist Bartlein of course. Made a second barrel for it in 6.5mm/.260 Rem. (not pictured). US Optics scope, Badger Left hand action, detachable 10 round mag.

shot it on Saturday. Needed two rounds to get it into the center of the target and pictured is the very first 5 round group. Measured .382.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Frank Green</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
P1030867.jpg

This one is mine. Got it back from GAP last week. Yes it's a lefty! McMillan stock, first barrel with the Surefire brake attachment that is on the gun is a .308, 5R, 1-11.25 twist Bartlein of course. Made a second barrel for it in 6.5mm/.260 Rem. (not pictured). US Optics scope, Badger Left hand action, detachable 10 round mag.

shot it on Saturday. Needed two rounds to get it into the center of the target and pictured is the very first 5 round group. Measured .382.

Later, Frank
Bartlein Barrels </div></div>

I'm reviving this thread - saw the lefty and couldn't resist! Very nice set up.

Thanks! Just got the .260 Barrel back from Melonite treatment. Gotta get it back on the gun and see how it works. Later!

Frank
Bartlein Barrels

Here is my M2008 build I am working on. Badger short action will be in 7mm-08, Obermeyer AMU profile blank 1:8.25 twist, Mcmillan A5. Hope to have it finished in the next few months.

2012-07-21_13-39-40_848.jpg