• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

batman belt

Marduk - real answer for you - the contents of the belt, pretty much like all kit is highly personal. It plays to your strengths, compensates for your weaknesses, and above all else is practical given your most likely scenario. In other words, if you don't ultimately 'know' what is going to be handy based on what you think may happen, whom you will be traveling with, where you will be going, how you will be getting there, and what you'll be doing once you arrive, then YOU need to do the work.

Single data point VJJ gave you a big spoon feed - say you need to circumvent an intersection. Binos are definitely an advantage, so is a map, but what kind of map? Does the map you have show you drainage ditch lines that run parallel to the arterials that form the intersection? Does the map show you the culvert that goes under the one of the arterials to allow to get to the other side and actually skirt the intersection? Have you walked it in advance to confirm the map? Determined if the culvert has a locked grate that would prevent you from accessing it? If so, and such a scenario were both reasonable and practical to plan for, what tool(s) do you need? How loud is that effort going to be? Can you pick a lock? See? That is just one thing. There are all kinds of things that are unique to you and your situation. It is on you to figure it out.

Marduk - real answer for you - the contents of the belt, pretty much like all kit is highly personal. It plays to your strengths, compensates for your weaknesses, and above all else is practical given your most likely scenario. In other words, if you don't ultimately 'know' what is going to be handy based on what you think may happen, whom you will be traveling with, where you will be going, how you will be getting there, and what you'll be doing once you arrive, then YOU need to do the work.

Single data point VJJ gave you a big spoon feed - say you need to circumvent an intersection. Binos are definitely an advantage, so is a map, but what kind of map? Does the map you have show you drainage ditch lines that run parallel to the arterials that form the intersection? Does the map show you the culvert that goes under the one of the arterials to allow to get to the other side and actually skirt the intersection? Have you walked it in advance to confirm the map? Determined if the culvert has a locked grate that would prevent you from accessing it? If so, and such a scenario were both reasonable and practical to plan for, what tool(s) do you need? How loud is that effort going to be? Can you pick a lock? See? That is just one thing. There are all kinds of things that are unique to you and your situation. It is on you to figure it out.

thanks mike...i may consider adding a bino to my glove box and ruck. far as maps i know the areas im concerned with locally, like the back of my proverbial hand, so only map i carry is a highway map in my truck and a star chart in the ruck. i really think the direction i had in mind with this thread was more along the lines of what type and brands of kit are fast and durable, and whether people spread out/ stagger their loads to access mags from either hand when wounded, etc. i will probably be better served going to a few comps to see what fellas run these days. im sure it isnt the leather flap holstered 1911, canvas snap pistol pouch, canvas 3 rifle mag alice pouch all fitted on alice spenders hung web belt like i was learned on by a grumpy ole gunny before most of these posters i assume were born. one idea i was toyin with for instance, and is very fast for me, but a tad heavy, is running a saw pouch weakside to hold carbine mags instead of smaller spaced out pouches. apreciate your response.

Last edited:
A good friend of mine once said: "I don't need to be a prepper. I just need the other guy to be a prepper. Then, when the time comes, I can take his stuff and move-in with his wife."

Technically correct, unless you live next to me and I LOVE naive people.

OP; get what you NEED as far as gear. Weight vs NEED is key. Don't overthink it, don't overdo it.

Three weeks ago I watched a few minutes of a training class that was put on locally. Half of the class (including the instructor cadre) were 300#ers, they were shooting behind cover but were all standing (exposing from the waist up). As I stood there I thought - this is what is going to come down to? A bunch of fat retards that have Gucci gear, 10 mags worth of ammo, no long term food, no water, no skills, no plan, and don't even understand how we got here. Awesome.

What I am constantly surprised by is how few people think about carrying water around in their bags or vehicles... sure it is heavy as anything but when it's summer in Texas and it's been 2 months + of 100 degrees days in a row & it hasn't rained in months... well you'll need water way before you probably need a gun.
Add to that, all the half joking comments (which I think actually betray what a lot of idiots think) about people stocking up on weapons and ammo and assuming they will just go take whatever else they need with violence.

Here's some actual advice on configuring your load:

Drop-legs are cool until you try to hump shitty terrain with them or try to draw while seated (as in your car). They have their place to allow access with some plate carriers, but I still favored moving the pistol to my plate carrier since it wasn't my primary weapon at that point anyway.

Pistol mags mounted on the holster are worthless, think about it: if you have your pistol in your hand for a speed reload how are you possibly going to access the mags with your off-hand? If you want to "store" some spare mags there to move into your primary pouches when you're able to, then go for it, but that's not where you want your primary supply of ammo. Everyone finds a config they like, but for me it was pistol mags either vertically at the front on my support side or horizontally at the front on my strong side where I could at least reach them with either hand if I abso had to. If it's a comp belt then most guys tend to mount them vertically across their front.

Rifle mags should be positioned on both sides of the belt since your shooting position determines which hand you're able to use to access the mags, also the use of a sling (for support) determines which hand you'll be reloading with.

If you're not using a weapons-mounted light, then a surefire in one of their "tactical" (god I hate that fucking word) holders mounted near the front is also a good idea. Their "tactical" holders keep the flashlight held in position head-down so you can reach down and quickly grab the light in a proper grip conducive to shooting (take your pick between Syringe, Ayoob, Teacup, FBI or whatever flashlight technique you like. But fucking PRACTICE using the flashlight. If you have a surefire that isn't built to be a shooting light, you can put an appropriately-sized rubber O-ring on the barrel of the light to aid with the syringe method.

Picture your belt as your workspace: you want the most immediately-necessary items where you can get to them the fastest with the best possible ergonomics. This means messing around a bit until you figure out which direction to position your mags to avoid unnecessary motion and manipulation. You shouldn't have to twist and turn and fumble with mags; they should come out of their pouches in a proper grip and properly oriented to go into a mag well without dicking around with them.

Once you get the belt set up the way you think you like it, train with it and have someone run you through some courses of fire and make note of where you wish you'd had something positioned then tweak it. After you've tweaked it, then don't fuck with it ever again and train like mad with it. The goal, nay the NECESSITY of the belt for your intended purpose is for your hands to INSTANTLY index any critical item with zero conscious thought. The pistol should be exactly where your hand is going for it and your hand should be able to instantly hit the pistol in a proper grip. Same with your mags. In the pitch black under stress your subconscious has to instinctively know where it's going for the necessary kit.

A heavily loaded belt is the most miserable, spine-wrecking method of carry you can choose, so consider the suspenders if you're going to spend any time in the belt.

Sorry to derail the thread into an actual answer, now back to your regularly scheduled program:

You need THIS on your belt as well:

Fleshlight Pouch | Special Operations Equipment

A good friend of mine once said: "I don't need to be a prepper. I just need the other guy to be a prepper. Then, when the time comes, I can take his stuff and move-in with his wife."

Some of the people at work are telling me that they are prepping. They think I am being friendly when I ask them where they live.

They then ask me what I am doing encase of SHTF and I tell them I am coming to their house.

This place can hook you up..
GearQueerBelts.com

You'll need an ID pouch for you're KKK identification card.

A large pouch for your noose.

A larger pouch for a tent type closet, including polls.

A holster for a large black dildo, for when you decide to finally come out of the closet.

A small pouch for tiny condoms, so that you will never breed!!!

A hook to attach your night vision equipped speargun. Because let's face it, what Gear queer belt would be complete without a speargun?

A cell phone carrier so you can cry home to mommy after you run into somebody from Illinois.

And most importantly, a smaller holster for a two shot Derringer. Normally I would say you only need one shot, but I'm afraid that you would miss the first time.

All men are created equal Asshole, it's what we do and choose to become that makes us lesser or greater men.
You chose poorly! If I wasn't so pissed off right now after reading your earlier statements, i'd probably just feel sorry for you.
Oh, and if you're still looking for that "special sauce",
Never mind, that might be going to far.

This place can hook you up..
GearQueerBelts.com

You'll need an ID pouch for you're KKK identification card.

A large pouch for your noose.

A larger pouch for a tent type closet, including polls.

A holster for a large black dildo, for when you decide to finally come out of the closet.

A small pouch for tiny condoms, so that you will never breed!!!

A hook to attach your night vision equipped speargun. Because let's face it, what Gear queer belt would be complete without a speargun?

A cell phone carrier so you can cry home to mommy after you run into somebody from Illinois.

And most importantly, a smaller holster for a two shot Derringer. Normally I would say you only need one shot, but I'm afraid that you would miss the first time.

All men are created equal Asshole, it's what we do and choose to become that makes us lesser or greater men.
You chose poorly! If I wasn't so pissed off right now after reading your earlier statements, i'd probably just feel sorry for you.
Oh, and if you're still looking for that "special sauce",
Never mind, that might be going to far.

thats some funny stuff there r2d2, but what eggs zachary did i state earlier that got your panties in such a twist? none of it was directed at you sir i can assure you...wait, are you obama?

thats some funny stuff there r2d2, but what eggs zachary did i state earlier that got your panties in such a twist? none of it was directed at you sir i can assure you...wait, are you obama?

Hey fucknut faggit freak,
Have you any clue as to how many black vets have served and died so that retards like you can play video games and hide in a bunker?!?
GET A FUCKING LIFE LOOSER!!!

I've heard of black ops, but are black vets any different from white ones??

No, you're right..
Maybe the civil war black vets, but then both colors died for all men's freedoms. It's character and not color that makes the man. Men of both colors that are better men than me.
Thanks GRAHM, I mean that.

Ok, I was done, but my girlfriend just read this and wanted me to add, "Don't you ever get tired of always being fucking right GRAHM?"

She meant that in a sincere way.

Have you any clue as to how many black vets have served and died so that retards like you can play video games and hide in a bunker?!?

These threads usually turn out to be the best. I think, however, you might be a little of kilter, man. Way too much rage. Joe, you don't sound good to go no mo'. Grab a brew and chiiiilllll, man.

you-need-to-relax-small.gif

batman belt

No, you're right..
Maybe the civil war black vets, but then both colors died for all men's freedoms. It's character and not color that makes the man. Men of both colors that are better men than me.
Thanks GRAHM, I mean that.

Ok, I was done, but my girlfriend just read this and wanted me to add, "Don't you ever get tired of always being fucking right GRAHM?"

She meant that in a sincere way.

Who is this right you speak of and why does grahm always get to fuck him/her? Not fair!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy fucking AR15.com up in here.

What happened, did they ban a lot of people last week and they're now all here? :D

These threads usually turn out to be the best. I think, however, you might be a little of kilter, man. Way too much rage. Joe, you don't sound good to go no mo'. Grab a brew and chiiiilllll, man.

you-need-to-relax-small.gif

Yep, thanks man.
I'm done, no beer though, girlfriend is mixing rum & pineapple juice. Lighting the barbecue now.
Chili peppers for background noise, hope everybody has a great weekend.
I am so done with this thread and this fucking idiot. I'm good, thank you.

Some of the people at work are telling me that they are prepping. They think I am being friendly when I ask them where they live.

They then ask me what I am doing encase of SHTF and I tell them I am coming to their house.

Glad I read this before I typed, as my response would have just been a reiteration.

Train with what you have, and plan to procure what you don't.

wasnt aware blacks had their own special vets, but guess that would go along with their own channel own language, own kwanza(is that really a thing?)and own college funds, and own congress club and own churches,own tea and skittles, etc. but wait...what does this all have to do with my battle belt???with some people its always about them. anyways didnt intend to offend an entire race or an entire state of the union for that matter with my dislike of a certain historical figure from a stellar state that produces such fine statesmen, but these threads do often go awry. seriously cant believe this innocent question about gear got so off track because i slander an ancient tyrant.

Here's some actual advice on configuring your load:

Drop-legs are cool until you try to hump shitty terrain with them or try to draw while seated (as in your car). They have their place to allow access with some plate carriers, but I still favored moving the pistol to my plate carrier since it wasn't my primary weapon at that point anyway.

being extremely ambidextrous, i would normally be very tempted to try a left hand dropleg so i could draw if my primary arm taken out of the fight, the problem tho, comes with losing that real estate for carbine mags when i try to integrate both carbine and pistol onto one belt, since i mostly do carbine mag changes from left side and im really trying to not rely on plate carrier for any equipment other than plates and a knife, in order to make the carrier an optional addon to the normal kit.

Pistol mags mounted on the holster are worthless, think about it: if you have your pistol in your hand for a speed reload how are you possibly going to access the mags with your off-hand? If you want to "store" some spare mags there to move into your primary pouches when you're able to, then go for it, but that's not where you want your primary supply of ammo. Everyone finds a config they like, but for me it was pistol mags either vertically at the front on my support side or horizontally at the front on my strong side where I could at least reach them with either hand if I abso had to. If it's a comp belt then most guys tend to mount them vertically across their front.

i agree that holster mounted pistol mags arent ideal but the way i understood their function was as the last mags you use or in case the weak hand you typically feed with is hit/wounded. in which case one would fire to slidelock, holster, draw and insert mag from holster pouch into holstered pistol then draw pistol, drop slide and go again?

Rifle mags should be positioned on both sides of the belt since your shooting position determines which hand you're able to use to access the mags, also the use of a sling (for support) determines which hand you'll be reloading with.

this seems a good idea since i switch left handed for right corners i would need at least one load from my right side but keeping it close to centerline so it can work for a left hand reach as well.

If you're not using a weapons-mounted light, then a surefire in one of their "tactical" (god I hate that fucking word) holders mounted near the front is also a good idea. Their "tactical" holders keep the flashlight held in position head-down so you can reach down and quickly grab the light in a proper grip conducive to shooting (take your pick between Syringe, Ayoob, Teacup, FBI or whatever flashlight technique you like. But fucking PRACTICE using the flashlight. If you have a surefire that isn't built to be a shooting light, you can put an appropriately-sized rubber O-ring on the barrel of the light to aid with the syringe method.

this is probably a weakness in my normal gear, i rarely find lights useful in town settings even late at night with low lume. im sure this may be different if suddenly it was a blackout no power scenario, so i will need to adress lights.

Picture your belt as your workspace: you want the most immediately-necessary items where you can get to them the fastest with the best possible ergonomics. This means messing around a bit until you figure out which direction to position your mags to avoid unnecessary motion and manipulation. You shouldn't have to twist and turn and fumble with mags; they should come out of their pouches in a proper grip and properly oriented to go into a mag well without dicking around with them.

this seems intuitive

Once you get the belt set up the way you think you like it, train with it and have someone run you through some courses of fire and make note of where you wish you'd had something positioned then tweak it. After you've tweaked it, then don't fuck with it ever again and train like mad with it. The goal, nay the NECESSITY of the belt for your intended purpose is for your hands to INSTANTLY index any critical item with zero conscious thought. The pistol should be exactly where your hand is going for it and your hand should be able to instantly hit the pistol in a proper grip. Same with your mags. In the pitch black under stress your subconscious has to instinctively know where it's going for the necessary kit.

A heavily loaded belt is the most miserable, spine-wrecking method of carry you can choose, so consider the suspenders if you're going to spend any time in the belt.

i figure i will keep suspenders handy maybe in a etool or canteen pouch on the belt for when it is needed.

Sorry to derail the thread into an actual answer, now back to your regularly scheduled program:

You need THIS on your belt as well:

Fleshlight Pouch | Special Operations Equipment

awesome answer, i added a few thoughts amid your prose, thank you for your input.

Last edited:
so, basically curious what other real deal O.A.F. ninjas are putting on their first line gunfight rigs, where, and why?

im currently moving away from a chest rig and instead outfitting a tactical tailor battle belt. my needs are for a light range use fight belt that can give me the same feel in practice as it would have if armageddon required it combined with a plate carrier and any additional mission specifics, so the baseline rig should in my estimation have a lot of real estate left open when in normal use and be light as possible while still being modular enuf to go heavy when needed.

right now its looking like i have 1 oclock quick release type single rifle mag, 3 oclock safariland drop leg with 2 extra mags on shingle, 7 oclock double mag quick release type sidearm pouch, 9-10 oclock 2 double rifle mag pouches, 11 oclock 2 single sidearm mag pouches. so far this rig has no knife(although my plate carrier has a glock knife on it and my EDC micro rig does too), no canteen, no IFAK. i can add suspenders if i load it heavy but so far it is fairly easy to wear without that, at least for short spells.

i should state that my uses are basically in case of societal breakdown. if the small urban locale in which i abide turned freefire zone one day. so id like to hear any recommendations from folks who have been professional gunfighters as to their take on what is useful or worthless.

Speaking with combat experience, you need scalable gear. The easiest mistake people make is trying to fit something on every square inch of real estate with the good intention of 'this can be useful!' and in return find out that it feels like they are weighed down, being poked when they move around, can't move around quickly and end up getting a pistol mag, knife sheath and their car keys in their balls when they go prone.

I am speaking of scalable in a sense of being able to complement each other yet able to wear/use the equipment independent of itself as well.

A simple example of this would be my 'go to' gear that I use not only for training, shooting during the day, classes, hunting and (insert anything here).

I have a pretty simple modular belt made by VTAC with a simple nylon belt and a COBRA buckle (not to be cool, but because its a bitch trying to open/close your belt if you have to put the nylon belt on each time like a regular belt rather than just snapping the buckle).

On the modular belt, from my left to right (I'm right handed):

1 First Spear Pistol Mag Pocket (because I sometimes use a 9mm double stack or a 45 single; this works well with both)
2 EMDOM IAP pouches for AR magazines next to each other (these are open top with slight bungee and some sort of moleskin for retention; they are very fast)
1 EGL Loopy dump pouch (unlike most dump pouches that can hold a sink in them, this one is very small and can hold a few mags or misc shit; it stays out of the way even when its down and swinging around)
1 Esstac DST IFAK with tourniquet (this can be removed easily via the velcro connection it has to save on weight if not needed; only put items in your IFAK that you UNDERSTAND HOW TO USE. If you don't know how to/when to use a NT needle or a nose hose, don't fuck around with it. Go to your local collage and take the EMT courses.
1 Tactical Tailor E&E Pouch (has a bag of extra batteries for all of my battery run gear (a 150% must if you run NV gear), power bar, tiny vial of gun oil, small 22cal Dewey cord rolled up, 22 and 30 cal jags, few small patches, chemlights, leatherman micro, aspirin, bug juice, compass, sharpie) - this all weighs maybe a pound or so.
1 GCode Duty mount with Safariland 6280 holster

That's it. That's what I'd have on for pretty much whatever. This setup can be used in complete conjunction with anything I'd need my shorter carbine length AR for, and would work without a hitch for my Mk12Mod1; same magazine profile. The only difference is I'd have to supplement my range finder and data book somehow in a BDU pocket or dump pouch, etc.

This can easily be scaled up with the addition of my Crye JPC with 1 pistol mag and 3 internal AR mags and/or just a Source hydration bladder or a smaller Tactical Tailor Operator ruck. All depends on what you NEED, how much it WEIGHS, what you're trained to do and knowledgeable about. Don't worry about being ready for everything and having 20lbs of 550 cord hanging off of you or dragging a shovel around. Go with what you're going to NEED and what you know how to use. Also don't be the typical AR15.com couch ninja and play their favorite round of, 'how many magazines can I carry at one time'. Fully scaled, you need probably no more than 6 rifle mags. Why? You're not fighting the Russians here, if you are somewhere that you need more than 6 primary mags, you're in the wrong place and you're also going to be one slow ass target.

As for a thigh holster - put it on, get it where you need it to be, get it tight and set. Now go run 1/4 of a mile. You'll hate it before you make it that far.

As for a knife on your belt/bag; get a cheaper CRKT folding knife and stick it in your pocket. You're not going to need to be Rambo with a giant knife nor are you going around in the dark knifing people. A knife is a utility item; get something you won't cry over if you lose or break it yet won't come apart the first time you need to use it. You also don't need suspenders for your belt. This is a huge misconception for people; your hips have phenomenal load bearing capability, get your belt set p correctly to go over and rest at the top of your hips and you'll be way better off than trying to use suspenders and having the load shift and bounce around putting strain on your shoulders and back.

Kbar, two mag pouches for the AR, 45 with 1 extra mag, watch some youtubes on RWOL, best to get to know your neighbors, real well, identify who is a veteran , combat arms preferably, cops are okay too (sometimes), get to know them well.If there is a calamity, groups will survive better than the lone wolf.

oh wait, maybe he was off work jerkin his meat drinkin obizzle jizz on Kasmir Polaski day when he wrote that?

whats funny is all the newer dipshits that dont know Duk's style in writing questions on a decent topic. Who here thinks a utilitarian belt is homo, who thinks a sorta do all setup in a belt for hunting, shooting, competing, hiking, real world is off the wall? I'm guessing almost none, if so tell all the huge names in shooting sports that at a match when you see their "super gay prepper belts".

The thing to remember in setting mine up, which is still in the works and being modified, is not to want to over ladden it. I set it up with the mentality to augment, not replace a vest/body armor. So, I have some ammo pouches, a dump pouch, an ifak, a admin general purpose pouch(binos, LRF, note taking stuff, kestrel, deer tags, map, all depends on the day and what im doing), a pistol holster and spot for a decent knife. Now with this I can pick it up and go shoot a match, or pick it up and go hunting, or checking deer blinds, or throw it on when i hear asstons of shooting goin on outside. Its to me the first tier of a couple tier deep gear system. If im a prepper then go fuck yourself

whats funny is all the newer dipshits that dont know Duk's style in writing questions on a decent topic. Who here thinks a utilitarian belt is homo, who thinks a sorta do all setup in a belt for hunting, shooting, competing, hiking, real world is off the wall? I'm guessing almost none, if so tell all the huge names in shooting sports that at a match when you see their "super gay prepper belts".

The thing to remember in setting mine up, which is still in the works and being modified, is not to want to over ladden it. I set it up with the mentality to augment, not replace a vest/body armor. So, I have some ammo pouches, a dump pouch, an ifak, a admin general purpose pouch(binos, LRF, note taking stuff, kestrel, deer tags, map, all depends on the day and what im doing), a pistol holster and spot for a decent knife. Now with this I can pick it up and go shoot a match, or pick it up and go hunting, or checking deer blinds, or throw it on when i hear asstons of shooting goin on outside. Its to me the first tier of a couple tier deep gear system. If im a prepper then go fuck yourself

Fuck you prepper, and y'all's BBQ...

I admit, when this thread started I thought it was an Andy Kauffman act. Now I sense that it isn't and it actually has me thinking "Why the fuck don't I have a belt like this?" Some responses have helped me start making my own list of things for a do-all belt, so your point is well taken.

This thread is hilarious, its got it all, someone even threw the race card!

Carry on gents

They must be hiding someone other than the infantry and combat arms.....................

Sorry couldn't resist.

AS to the belt... Honestly this is not the place to ask. If you want advice on Carbines or Pistols..............this is not the place either. This is a LR site, and thats about all its good for.

There are DOZENS of threads on Ar15, M4c, Lightfighter, ect that have various setups with pictures and feedback. It would be wise to go research and talk to people THERE, then waste your time here.

Whatever you get, just make sure it works for you. Don't try to be cute or all tactitard. Buy a High quality Padded belt with a good internal belt like Blue Force with a Cobra Buckle.

Don't load it down with a bunch of shit that makes it heavy and unweildy. Drop leggs are for fags and queers. I am a big fan of Safariland 6377 Holsters. They are VERY good quality, have a great retention system that is minimilist, and they are CHEAP. Add a 1.5-2" drop addapter so your holster sits low enough to clear your Armor/Carrier. If you are running Armor/Carrier, you may want to think about a chest mounted holster. MUCH better for vechicle opps.

Throw 2 AR Mags, a couple pistol Mags, a handheld flashlight, Small fixed blade (ESEE 3 or 4 is perfect) and a small pouch for misc shit like a headlamp/toriquet/chemlights.

If money is no object, this is the best belt money can buy. It also comes in an armored version if you want that capability as well.

X-Belt? QRPS

or with armor

X-Belt? QRPS-A

They must be hiding someone other than the infantry and combat arms.....................

Sorry couldn't resist.

AS to the belt... Honestly this is not the place to ask. If you want advice on Carbines or Pistols..............this is not the place either. This is a LR site, and thats about all its good for.

There are DOZENS of threads on Ar15, M4c, Lightfighter, ect that have various setups with pictures and feedback. It would be wise to go research and talk to people THERE, then waste your time here.

Whatever you get, just make sure it works for you. Don't try to be cute or all tactitard. Buy a High quality Padded belt with a good internal belt like Blue Force with a Cobra Buckle.

Don't load it down with a bunch of shit that makes it heavy and unweildy. Drop leggs are for fags and queers. I am a big fan of Safariland 6377 Holsters. They are VERY good quality, have a great retention system that is minimilist, and they are CHEAP. Add a 1.5-2" drop addapter so your holster sits low enough to clear your Armor/Carrier. If you are running Armor/Carrier, you may want to think about a chest mounted holster. MUCH better for vechicle opps.

Throw 2 AR Mags, a couple pistol Mags, a handheld flashlight, Small fixed blade (ESEE 3 or 4 is perfect) and a small pouch for misc shit like a headlamp/toriquet/chemlights.

If money is no object, this is the best belt money can buy. It also comes in an armored version if you want that capability as well.

X-Belt? QRPS

or with armor

X-Belt? QRPS-A

thanks for the tips, i would have started this thread on ar15.com but they have banned me indefinitely for some reason. trying to post a pic of what i have come up with so far but cant figure out how to get it from my computer to post here. last time i think i had to start some sort of 3rd party account online to transfer the pic onto here. lame sauce

okay fellers this is what i got so far. (starting right to left)

1) a double blackhawk pistol mag pouch
2) 2 streamlight pouches that can hold additional pistol mags, or more likely a small light and multitool
3) double carbine mag pouch
4) smith and wesson homeland security fixed blade
5) open space
6) fullon blowout kit/IFAK
7) open space except for vjj's recommended D-ring (that i wasnt real clear on the homo erotic purpose of?)
8) safariland drop leg rig riding up as high as possible to lessen its floppy dangly gayness, and complete with 2 more pistol mag pouches
9) 2 grenade pouches for random crap like keys or cellphone, maybe extra combat gauze if nothing else.

these are whats currently riding to my next range outing...i have a e-tool pouch with a nice binocular and another 2 carbine mag pouch which could go on but those will probably just stay in my rangebag, as is likely to happen with the IFAK. the biggo knife is probably gonna come off to be stowed with "extras" as well.

conceptually this belt fits into the equipment tier progression as second tier for me and will assume that it is being used in tandem with at least my EDC micro chest rig mag carrier holding 4 carbine mags,a tourniquet, a jew bandage and quicklot gauze.

that same micro rig can also be slapped onto the front of my plate carrier if im really getting danger will robinson impending doom ESPN....or some gun totin douche is shootin spree the kids school and im going to "pick them up" batman style.

as always any input or derogatory hate is welcome, and i apologize for the crappy pic quality. by the way, yes those are my other everyday belts, lol.

oh and a side note...i also obtained a single carbine mag pouch labeled specialty defense m16/m4 speed reload pouch that for some reason is so tight its hard to get a GI mag in there and then is like some heroic herculean effort to pull it free. any ideas why this thing is like that or if its just a breakin period required?

Last edited:
Cobra, what kind of holster is that? What way is it attached?

Its a safariland ALS, hes got the inner belt of the molle battle belt threaded through the holster loop inside the molle battle belt. Most have an opening on the bottom for just this reason.

I like the tactical zebra inner belt!

these are whats currently riding to my next range outing...i have a e-tool pouch with a nice binocular and another 2 carbine mag pouch which could go on but those will probably just stay in my rangebag, as is likely to happen with the IFAK. the biggo knife is probably gonna come off to be stowed with "extras" as well.

conceptually this belt fits into the equipment tier progression as second tier for me and will assume that it is being used in tandem with at least my EDC micro chest rig mag carrier holding 4 carbine mags,a tourniquet, a jew bandage and quicklot gauze.

that same micro rig can also be slapped onto the front of my plate carrier if im really getting danger will robinson impending doom ESPN....or some gun totin douche is shootin spree the kids school and im going to "pick them up" batman style.

as always any input or derogatory hate is welcome, and i apologize for the crappy pic quality. by the way, yes those are my other everyday belts, lol.

oh and a side note...i also obtained a single carbine mag pouch labeled specialty defense m16/m4 speed reload pouch that for some reason is so tight its hard to get a GI mag in there and then is like some heroic herculean effort to pull it free. any ideas why this thing is like that or if its just a breakin period required?

Rather than an e-tool pouch, if it were me, I'd go old-school and hunt up one of the older canvas butt-packs. I have a surplus one from the Korean era and back before all the chest rigs and other cool shit these days, the butt-pack was a great piece of gear on a war belt/782 gear. The advantage is that you can put a good bit of gear in it or on it and it carries well. You can easily add or subtract it based on your intended use that day and it's about the only piece of gear I've ever carried in the center of my back so it's not eating up valuable real estate. It also serves to balance out a front-heavy load and is a comfy bit of padding when you're grabbing some ass-time.
Hell, I'm sure nowadays someone is making one that's all MOLLED out and gucci. The canvas ones used to be the only ones worth a shit since the "new" nylon ones sucked.

so, basically curious what other real deal O.A.F. ninjas are putting on their first line gunfight rigs, where, and why?

im currently moving away from a chest rig and instead outfitting a tactical tailor battle belt. my needs are for a light range use fight belt that can give me the same feel in practice as it would have if armageddon required it combined with a plate carrier and any additional mission specifics, so the baseline rig should in my estimation have a lot of real estate left open when in normal use and be light as possible while still being modular enuf to go heavy when needed.

right now its looking like i have 1 oclock quick release type single rifle mag, 3 oclock safariland drop leg with 2 extra mags on shingle, 7 oclock double mag quick release type sidearm pouch, 9-10 oclock 2 double rifle mag pouches, 11 oclock 2 single sidearm mag pouches. so far this rig has no knife(although my plate carrier has a glock knife on it and my EDC micro rig does too), no canteen, no IFAK. i can add suspenders if i load it heavy but so far it is fairly easy to wear without that, at least for short spells.

i should state that my uses are basically in case of societal breakdown. if the small urban locale in which i abide turned freefire zone one day. so id like to hear any recommendations from folks who have been professional gunfighters as to their take on what is useful or worthless.

I'm going to give you a real answer here:

Say pure anarchy insued, people are raiding houses desperate for supplies, criminals run rampant and all that book of eli type of shit is going down: Do you have a family and do you value your life? If you answered yes to either question, your main concern in "societal breakdown" shouldn't be joining in the comings an goings of others, it should be how to get the fuck out of dodge.

Spend some more time learning about emergency preparedness and go camping so you can learn about how not to die outdoors.

6377 I think. I have a bunch of the belt and paddle holsters.

The one showed is really high quality. it was around $40 bucks from Optics Plannet about 5 years ago. Has a felt linning and the ALS release is at the natural draw point for your thumb. Much quicker and easier than the hood, and still has solid rentention.

The newer 6378 Paddle holsters I have (suposed to be same body, just with paddle attachments on back instead of belt loops) are noticably less quality than the older ones. I don't know if they changed the design, changed the vendor or if they use a differen't quality of materials. Its still a good quality holster, but the older 6377 feels more solid(thicker kydex/plastic) and seems like better quality. There is much less flex in the material.

Like the dude above said, most of the battle belts are open on the bottom. The good thing is, you can secure your holster directly to the inner belt. The bad thing, is the way they bunch up. If you overload the belt its going to do all kindsa weird shit, and with an open bottom, the inner belt will shift around.

Whatever battle/outer belt you buy, spend your money on a high quality inner belt with a cobra buckle. It is soo much easier and faster to don and take off the belt. It's metal unlike cheap pastic buckles and has a much greater load bearing. The VTAC cobra even comes with a hook in/rappel ring as you can see on the far left of my belt.

Most of the pouches are condor, good quality and cheap. I wear this thing a few times a year and train with it a few times a year. The combo rifle/pistol mags are awsome and save a ton of room on the belt.

Changes I am going to make when I get around to it are move the toroquet to right behind the rifle mags, replace the ESEE 5 with a ESEE 4 and add some batteries/chemlights/ect to the pouch. I have a pretty stacked IFAK I built but its too heavy to put on the belt. The other issue is actualy getting to the kit when you need it, and having to take the belt off and root through it.

Whole ppoint of the belt is to keep some essentials on you at all times and save space/room on your carrier/vest. Keep it light and simple.

batman belt

Thanks for the info, Cobra. Your holster looks good and low profile. Right now I have a kydex pancake holster that I modified to work with malice clips, but it is going to eventually wear out the MOLLE. My first belt was very saggy if mounted on the belt itself, but now I have an HSGI padded belt and inner belt with cobra buckle that velcros in place. I'm thinking a holster like yours may be what I need, especially if I can find one that works with an X400. I've been looking at the G-Codd RTO, which would be great for switching from Glock to Sig to 1911 all on one belt, but it sticks out too far for my tastes.

ETA:

Check out HSGI Taco mag pouches. Expensive but fast, great retention, and you can have rifle/pistol stacked.

I don't have it for this particular scenario, but I have a high speed gear molle belt I use, I've taken a carbine class with it, and run it in one 3 gun match. it suits me. it's pretty comfortable.

Thanks for the info, Cobra. Your holster looks good and low profile. Right now I have a kydex pancake holster that I modified to work with malice clips, but it is going to eventually wear out the MOLLE. My first belt was very saggy if mounted on the belt itself, but now I have an HSGI padded belt and inner belt with cobra buckle that velcros in place. I'm thinking a holster like yours may be what I need, especially if I can find one that works with an X400. I've been looking at the G-Codd RTO, which would be great for switching from Glock to Sig to 1911 all on one belt, but it sticks out too far for my tastes.

ETA:

Check out HSGI Taco mag pouches. Expensive but fast, great retention, and you can have rifle/pistol stacked.

Yea make sure you get the 1.5-2" drop adapter. That is why the holster sits lower and is in a more natural draw possition. It also allows you to draw much easier if you are wearing armor.

Safariland makes some kind of adapter I think, but not sure how it would work, if it would. I have also gone back and force trying to decide if I want to carry my glocks, HK's, 92FS or 1911's. Decided to get a G19 Holster that works with G17/22/19/23.

You always want your holster to be on the inner belt. Think about this for a sec. The inner belt is going to be the tightest and it will be cinced to your body. Therefore it will be locked in tighter and less floppy. It also elimates the chance of a Molle tab or clip being ripped of, and your holster being useless. The chance of the belt loop or adapter breaking is VERY small to almost impossible.

I have used the Taco's before. They are ok, but I like the closed nature of the condor's better. The tacos do not have mag rention, which is needed if you plan to actualy train with them. They have good stitching, good velcro, good bungie rentension and are cheap. They are mag pouches, so its not like they need to be quadrupple stitched and made of kevlar infused 1000 Denier Cordura.

I am a big fan of Condor gear. Their shit works well for non critial/life componets and they are at a good price. NTOA Approved on most of their gear too.

$42 http://www.skdtac.com/HSGI-Double-Decker-TACO-Magazine-Pouch-p/hsg.312.htm

vs

$9.95 (or $19 for MC) http://www.gmstactical.com/cooumakamagp.html

Last edited:
Yep I agree, should be attached to the belt, this has been a stop-gap measure for me while transitioning from pancake on a belt to using the full on padded belt.

What got me using tacos is it will take AK, AR, or AI magazines.

I'll keep an eye out for one of their drop adapters and look toward a holster. Looks like you have to get in line.

We've been doing pretty hard training the last year and a half and I'm still looking for the best set-up for my gear. The way it sits now is pretty much satisfactory except the holster. It's too high and doesn't work well when wearing chest rig/FLAK.

Yep I agree, should be attached to the belt, this has been a stop-gap measure for me while transitioning from pancake on a belt to using the full on padded belt.

What got me using tacos is it will take AK, AR, or AI magazines.

I'll keep an eye out for one of their drop adapters and look toward a holster. Looks like you have to get in line.

We've been doing pretty hard training the last year and a half and I'm still looking for the best set-up for my gear. The way it sits now is pretty much satisfactory except the holster. It's too high and doesn't work well when wearing chest rig/FLAK.

I just checked mine and im 99% sure this is the adapter:

Safariland Mid-Ride Belt Loop Adapter - UBL Style Belt Loop Only 6070UBL-2-2. Safariland Holster Accessories.

Might be able to do a model number search and find it cheaper on the net.

Marduk185...I just have to say thank you. This thread has me laughing so hard my cheeks are starting to hurt from the non-stop smirk on my face.

When I got to your last post, I just needed more. So glad I can so easily go back and read all your other posts. I know from your previous posts that you've been banned from almost every other Internet forum, thankfully the moderators here have enough sense of humor to allow you to continue because, hey, we all need a good laugh sometimes.

You mean Buds didn't teach how to outfit your Batman belt...for the mall.

I'm pretty sure I came across an article someone wrote about you with a highlight of your best posts. Sure wish I would have bookmarked it. Were you the one asking a while back about doubling up on plates in case someone at the mall was waiting for you with a 338 Lapua?

You should really watch these videos.
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...277-everything-you-need-know.html#post2779434

Anyways, keep up the good work...of making us laugh that is.

Welcome to last week guy. Thanks for your amazing contribution to this subject matter of this thread.

Whats the saying about letting sleeping dogs lie?