• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

CMMG 45 guard feed problems

rady

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2020
This pistol seems to have a bad feed problem. Extraction, eject seems to work ok, but feed of random rounds jam. I can see that the rn or hp bullets are showing a small groove in the bullets jacket. Also seeing small scratches on the brass caused by the bcg lugs.

Anyone have any insights as to how to diagnosis and fix? I've tried ytube, but not a lot of luck.

I have a cmmg mkg pistol (Glock mags) they sell a buffer weight kit to tune the cycling ,also try buffer springs and try different mags . SGM 24 rd mags loaded to 20 work well for me.

Reactions: rady
I have a cmmg mkg pistol (Glock mags) they sell a buffer weight kit to tune the cycling ,also try buffer springs and try different mags . SGM 24 rd mags loaded to 20 work well for me.
Thank you Joe. I've tried the different mags. Now I'm waiting for cmmg to respond..........It's been a slow go

I know this may sound trivial, but I initially xp bad feeding issues with my 9mm pistol/sbr build way back. The rounds would nose dive up and all kinds of strange things. Ended up leaving the mags (metalform) loaded overnight to season the springs so to speak and never had an issue again. Suggested this to another member over on arf.com and ailed his woes as well.

Worth a shot all I'm saying.

Thanks, I'll show my ignorance here, but do you fellows have a buffer weight/spring combo that you could guide me to?

I know this may sound trivial, but I initially xp bad feeding issues with my 9mm pistol/sbr build way back. The rounds would nose dive up and all kinds of strange things. Ended up leaving the mags (metalform) loaded overnight to season the springs so to speak and never had an issue again. Suggested this to another member over on arf.com and ailed his woes as well.

Worth a shot all I'm saying.
Hi Shifty..................I tried that with the smk and glock oem. Still got the problem.

goto cmmg and gun Broker it’s a kit . I run a franklin armory BFS bianary with the black spring and a heavy buffer (h 1) . Try other parts you may have in your other ar s , if not find a kit on gunbroker .