• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Criterion customer service

Average guy

Low IQ truth teller
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 25, 2018
    At the end of February I contacted Criterion about some accuracy issues I was having with one of their 6xc Remage barrels. Their rep who contacted me was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He led the conversation with he wanted the barrel back and I would get a barrel that worked at no additional cost. I sent it in and it was determined that there was a defect in the barrel. An official order was placed and I figured it would be 6-12 months judging by the backlogs industry wide. I received a new barrel in 3 months. I was impressed with that. I installed the barrel yesterday and broke it in today. All groups have been 1/2” or less so far, shooting left over loads from the previous barrel. Very satisfied with my experience with a company that takes care of their customers.
    592C7945-E21C-448C-B64A-4CCC52C38E60.png

Previously we had 3 criterion barrels that were all great shooters. I really think the bad barrel just slipped through the cracks. I can’t emphasize enough that Criterion was all about getting my problem resolved at no cost.

My second 6xc from them was a turd too but the first 6xc and the next dasher were great.
    Should have called about it myself. 1200 rounds (but not all development) and maybe one group under 3/4”. It could hit the 12” plate at 500 alright so I limped it along until I had enough.

Reactions: Average guy
    My second 6xc from them was a turd too but the first 6xc and the next dasher were great.
    Should have called about it myself. 1200 rounds (but not all development) and maybe one group under 3/4”. It could hit the 12” plate at 500 alright so I limped it along until I had enough.
    I tried everything I could to make that barrel shoot. Nothing worked. Glad I contacted them because this barrel looks to be a hammer

I am on my 7th CBI barrel. 3 are Remage configuration and 4 are Savage small shank configurations. Chambered in a mix of 6.5CM, .308 and 300WM. All are sub MOA Shooters and I can't shoot up to the quality of the last 6.5CM or .308 without a sled. 😀

I am on my 7th CBI barrel. 3 are Remage configuration and 4 are Savage small shank configurations. Chambered in a mix of 6.5CM, .308 and 300WM. All are sub MOA Shooters and I can't shoot up to the quality of the last 6.5CM or .308 without a sled. 😀
    This barrel looks like it’s going to be a shooter. I have no idea on where I’m at on seating depth or anything else. These loads were midrange loads in my last barrel and I figured I’d just shoot them up. Was I surprised with the results

My Criterion in 6xc is working great. Got it shouldered and fitted to a tikka by Tim, at Solid Accuracy, and it shoots about the same as your picture. Tim did say he's had a few 6.5 barrels come back that weren't shooting too great. I wonder if their 6.5 tooling is getting worn out from the 6.5 Creedmoor popularity explosion. He says the 6mms are shooting fantastic though.

My 8twist 6mm creedmoor CBI is a solid sub .5 barrel w/ Berger 108bt.
    My Brother in law 6.5 creedmoor CBI barrel easily sub .4 barrel w/ Berger 135classic
    I have a 6.5 creedmoor CBI barrel but have not put it on rifle yet.

I got a service rifle barrel from them that just would not shoot. They took it back in and "rebuilt" the upper and it still wouldn't shoot. Now they have the barrel back for a replacement. It's my first CBI and while the jury is out on the barrels, I'm thoroughly impressed with their service. I'm hoping the barrel gets turned around fast because I just got back in the states and summer is SR season.