• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Finally got to shoot my SAS Reaper *VIDEO*

RyeDaddy

Dickhole
Minuteman
Jan 19, 2009
Hellbound in Fort Worth, TX
Form 3 went out April 10, the can made it the dealer this week. The wife and I drove over to test fire and fill out the form 4. This is our first suppressor purchase, we tried it on a 10" Noveske 300 BLK Rogue Hunter (my wife's rifle). I had brought along my POF P-308 to try also, but as luck would have it the TOMB I bought for that rifle had bad threads on the outside so we were unable to get the can mounted on the 308. My dealer is going to exchange it with Mile High Shooting and we'll try again.

Other cans were not tested side by side with it, although I have heard this rifle with the Arbiter and a 762SDN-6 together at a different time. We used Remington 220 SMK factory subs and Remington UMC 115 FMJ supersonic. Both were quite satisfactory and hearing safe, although I remember the Arbiter being a little quieter(not surprising), and the Remington subs I don't believe were subsonic, they sound almost the same as the 115's. Dealer made a couple of handloaded rounds that were actually subsonic and they were quieter.

My father in law has a TOMB Arbiter inbound to same dealer which should arrive in about 3 weeks, I'll update then with side by side impressions. Not to bash anything else out there, and this just from memory, but the Reaper I think was quieter than the SDN-6, although the AAC is a tougher built unit with it's all inconel baffle stack.

The Reaper is extremely light, even on a lightweight rifle like the Noveske it wasn't really noticeably different handling wise and at 7" long it doesn't add a ton of length. I'm very happy with this purchase. I was torn between this and the Arbiter, but for the length tradeoff I'd rather have the Reaper. Didn't get to test POI shift as we weren't at a range, but I'm happy to have gotten to hear the thing at least. This waiting on things in the gun-world sucks. Hopefully the bad mount will get replaced in the next two weeks and I'll get back to try it on the 308.

Now I'm trying to figure out if my Kimber Montana in 260 has enough steel at the muzzle to have it threaded 1/2-28 for a TOMB so I can use the can on there. I'm skeptical as the muzzle diameter is only 0.560", but we'll see.

Here's the video, no we didn't shoot our feet!
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W186QnnwUDY&feature=player_detailpage"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W186QnnwUDY&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Re: Finally got to shoot my SAS Reaper

Got around to running the questionable Remington subsonic over a Chrony, 1100 FPS. Oh well, there's only 1 box left, then I'll be handloading.

Care to update once you've got them both side by side? I've got an Arbiter waiting on ATF approval and am thinking about getting a Reaper for a 6.8 SPC so that my DPMS LR-308 can have a dedicated can and my 6.8 can have its own can rather than having to share.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LocoGringo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Care to update once you've got them both side by side? I've got an Arbiter waiting on ATF approval and am thinking about getting a Reaper for a 6.8 SPC so that my DPMS LR-308 can have a dedicated can and my 6.8 can have its own can rather than having to share. </div></div>

I will, STILL waiting on the form 3 for the Arbiter.