• Get 30% off the first 3 months with code HIDE30

Offer valid until 9/23! If you have an annual subscription on Sniper's Hide, subscribe below and you'll be refunded the difference.

Subscribe
  • Having trouble using the site?

Contact support

Suppressors Form 4 wait time

I just got my Q Thunder Chicken out of jail. From date of check cashed to picking it up at my dealer approved was 7 months on the dot.
Went through Silencer Shop with there electronic kiosk.

Reactions: WoobieJ
Be prepared to be surprised of how quiet this can is.

I’ve had it against several different suppressors and haven’t had one beat yet.

I've heard a Monolith but never a Megalith. I actually won a Monolith off the prize table at the Bushnell Brawl a couple years ago but I know they were in the process of making the Megalith and PSD gave me a free upgrade to a Megalith. I just had to wait until they were done testing them. I can't wait !

Ha, no '18. The last couple 4s I'd gotten back had taken 4 months from the end of '17 to early '18 and I didn't anticipate wait times to go back up.

I thought pre tax return months like march there wouldnt be many suppressors to process, but apparently its more like "dang I wish I had a suppressor for this deer or varmint hunt, etc" and people buy many around late feb, march so theyll have them for next year. Maybe thats why?

I think there was just a lull from when people thought that the HPA was going to pass. After people realized it wasn't going to happen any time soon then a new wave of cans got in line. Hopefully they can get the new people hired and get the wait times down. Reality is that without a requirement to have them done in a given time, there really isn't much of a stimulus to get more paperwork with stamps on it mailed out.

I feel your pain, 12/5/17 here with no word. I called the other day and they are waiting on the "background check" to go through. It appears there is still no rhyme or reason as to why some take so much longer than others.

I'm still waiting on one from 4/17. Had my dealer call 6+ months ago and there was no issues.

I miss eforms and 120 day approvals although I did see a guy on another forum with a form 1 approval (recent) at 4 months.

Form 4 individual
Omega 300
Check cashed 7/17 lol
Silencershop kiosk

Form 1 trust -1RP
Check cashed 8/4/18

Silencerco Octane 9
Free with Omega 300 purchase who knows

Two Form 4 Individuals from New York City.
SBR
Daniel Defense MK18
Credit Card Charged on 01/24/18
Received Tax Stamp on 08/11/18
Incorrect serial number on form 4 delayed the stamp for two weeks.

Suppressor
Surefire SOCOM556
Credit Card Charged on 03/01/18
Pending approval

I'm sitting at about 7 months right now since my check was cashed. Just found out my FFL is going to be gone for the next 3-4 months! He's trying to find someone who can 'cover' him and finish the paperwork when it comes through. Is there anything that can be done on my end to make sure I can actually get my can even if he's out of town? Is it possible for him to transfer it to another FFL?

I'm sitting at about 7 months right now since my check was cashed. Just found out my FFL is going to be gone for the next 3-4 months! He's trying to find someone who can 'cover' him and finish the paperwork when it comes through. Is there anything that can be done on my end to make sure I can actually get my can even if he's out of town? Is it possible for him to transfer it to another FFL?

Hopefully he can get someone to finish you up, 4473 is the last step that needs to be done. As you can Not transfer to another SOT w/o starting all over again!