• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ordered first one today, a Sandman S from Silencer Shop... Did the prints at one of their Kiosks. Insanely easy thus far. Now the wait begins, but I'm glad I finally quit putting it off.

Reactions: bunny too
Ordered first one today, a Sandman S from Silencer Shop... Did the prints at one of their Kiosks. Insanely easy thus far. Now the wait begins, but I'm glad I finally quit putting it off.
Wait until you do your 5th or 6th... you'll just get a call one day and you'll be like "oh shit! that's right... awesome!"

As long as your dont select your own model numbers, its 30days or less. I did 4 Form1's in the last 5 months, I was 26, 27,29 and 29 days. If you select your own model, 90-120days is the norm.

I'm curious about this also. I'm about to submit a form1, but thought you had to pick your own model number since you are the builder.

You don't have to pick a model number, but you have to engrave one. You can select N/A from the drop down. Head over to the Form1builders forums. Create an account there. They have a sticky with solid info there. I made the mistake recently. Canceled it and started over.

Reactions: NoDopes
I was planning on having a gunsmith give it a quick check. Those make master rods look so affordable it might be just as easy to order one of those.
Worth the peace of mind. I bought 7.62, 5.62, and 9mm rods from Geiselle. The 5.56 rod saved me from trouble after a gunsmith screwed up the install of a flash hider on a Tavor.

"got lucky" for my 50th birthday!! ( and wife wasn't even involved) :D
found the silencer of my dreams, TBAC gen2 ultra 7

they seem to be on backorder everywhere, but my local shop had one in stock !!
bought it close to closing time Wednesday, going in to do nfa paperwork today, to start the actual waiting game.

questions:
1) would pursuing a form 1, simultaneously with a form 4, delay the form 4?
2) if above is "no", do silencer shop kiosks ever help with form 1's?

"got lucky" for my 50th birthday!! ( and wife wasn't even involved) :D
found the silencer of my dreams, TBAC gen2 ultra 7

they seem to be on backorder everywhere, but my local shop had one in stock !!
bought it close to closing time Wednesday, going in to do nfa paperwork today, to start the actual waiting game.

questions:
1) would pursuing a form 1, simultaneously with a form 4, delay the form 4?
2) if above is "no", do silencer shop kiosks ever help with form 1's?
once you put your fingerprints in the silencershop kiosk they have them on file and can sell you completed fingerprint cards back to you for $15 per set. they also have NFA Gun Trust services for $130 I believe. Thats all I got. Im probably filing my form 1 monday. But reading this thread has me even more confused with the whole naming thing. name it the wrong thing and it takes 4 times as long.

TBAC Ultra 7
Entity: Trust(1RP)
Check cashed: 08/15/2020
Approved: 01/21/2021
Stamp arrived: 2/12/2021

and about to do it all again!

Reactions: dirtytough
Dead Air Mask
Single shot trust
Check cashed 7-6-20
Approved 1-26-21
In hand: TBD

YHM R9
Single shot trust
Check cashed 9-11-20
Approved 2-1-21
In hand: TBD

My Sandman S came in Wednesday and I stopped by the shop to do the paperwork today. Prints and photos done. I asked the guys if they wanted to start a pool on how long it’ll take. I’m currently at 92 days on a form1. What can I do but keep on waiting. Hopefully I’m suppressed by the fall.

Just started the process...hoping by Christmas, perhaps​

Dead Air Nomad LT naked​

Single shot trust through SS 02-10-21
Check cashed —-
Approved ——
In hand: ——

Obsidian 45

Ordered: 07/22/2020
Check Cashed: 8/17/2020
Approved: 01/26/2021
In hand: 02/12/2021

XzDaIbE.jpg

pmTRxkH.jpg

Mine was an individual. I am sure that each additional person in a trust would add time. I am going to move my two over to a trust but it will be just me on the trust when filed for that reason.

SS kiosk form 4 individual
Bought 4/28
Check cashed 5/12
Approved 1/12/21
Stamp in hand: 2/11

Couldn’t edit my post before but just got the chimera out this weekend. Almost made me forget about that 10 month after I shot it. Very happy with it

Picked up my Nomad 30 today. Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust.

Ordered: 08/01/2020
Check Cashed: 08/25/2020
Approved: 01/24/2021
In hand: 02/05/2021

E195aS1.jpg
Did you purchase the Nomad Kit? I bought mine and was surprised that the end cap tool is not included? I was confused why they would include the e-brake with no tool to install it in the kit.

Did you purchase the Nomad Kit? I bought mine and was surprised that the end cap tool is not included? I was confused why they would include the e-brake with no tool to install it in the kit.
I bought the Nomad alone then ordered the e-brake. The e-brake came with the tool. Maybe give Dead Air a call and see if they will send you one.

Come on! where are all my Nov checked cash people getting their suppressors? I'd settle for some Oct. people.
Wouldn't hold your breathe. My checks cashed back at the beginning of Oct for my 2 cans and are still pending. You will see guys get them back around 4 months all the way out to like 8-11 months. Its just a roll of the dice.

Wouldn't hold your breathe. My checks cashed back at the beginning of Oct for my 2 cans and are still pending. You will see guys get them back around 4 months all the way out to like 8-11 months. Its just a roll of the dice.
Did you do a trust? what state are you in? CCW? I'm hoping being all ready in the FBI system speeds mine up. Plus I did indiviual.

Did you do a trust? what state are you in? CCW? I'm hoping being all ready in the FBI system speeds mine up. Plus I did indiviual.
I did Silencershop Single Shot Trust, in Michigan. I dont think CCW or any type of clearance speeds things up (i could be wrong). The past month I was very anxiously waiting, but decided it will happen when it does.

• Haha
Reactions: NateSavannah
KAC MK11 Can Filed as a Trust
Check cashed June 1 2019
Approved February 1 2020
Stamp in hand February 16 2020

Never heard a CCW make a difference. If that mattered, you would think a prior approval of a suppressor and granting of tax stamp would mean near instantaneous approval of a new can. No such thing unfortunately

Reactions: nikonNUT
Never heard a CCW make a difference. If that mattered, you would think a prior approval of a suppressor and granting of tax stamp would mean near instantaneous approval of a new can. No such thing unfortunately
Me either but someone referenced it a couple posts before mine.

Dead Air Sandman-L
Form 4 Trust (2 RP)
Purchased: 8/3/2020
Check Cashed: 9/11/2020
Approved: 2/2/2021
Stamp In Hand: 2/17/2021
Standardized Wait: 145 Days
Total Wait: 198 Days
State: WA

Last edited:
Reactions: Shootnwrench
Rugged Radiant
Silencer Shop Single Shot Trust
Check cashed 9/15/2020
Approved 2/4/2021
Waiting on stamp

I did Silencershop Single Shot Trust, in Michigan. I dont think CCW or any type of clearance speeds things up (i could be wrong). The past month I was very anxiously waiting, but decided it will happen when it does.
the many stages of waiting on your suppressor. denials next. chill. itll be ok. itll show up. until it doesnt.

the many stages of waiting on your suppressor. denials next. chill. itll be ok. itll show up. until it doesnt.
Luckily I bought these 2 cans from my buddies shop/range (who also has a 700yd range) so I can use them whenever I shoot there, while I am waiting. So it's not too painful. I do want my nav22 can though for my 50yd range at home.

Luckily I bought these 2 cans from my buddies shop/range (who also has a 700yd range) so I can use them whenever I shoot there, while I am waiting. So it's not too painful. I do want my nav22 can though for my 50yd range at home.
you are a lucky man my friend. I wish there was a 700yd range attached to the jail my suppressors are sitting in.....

YHM Resonator K
Form 4 Individual

2/11 - ATF Received Paperwork
2/18 - Check Cashed

This wait is going to kill me. Might pick up my next one to pass the time.
This is the best advice anyone can give you.. Wait 3 months after your first purchase, and buy another, and then 3 months after that (so 6 months after the first purchase), buy another, and it keeps the ball rolling, so once they start coming in, your have some to play with as you wait... Or do what I did, and 1 month after your F4, start doing Form 1s, and be amazed at how quick and easy they are....

Reactions: IowaGeologist
This thread being at the top and seeing all these approvals after my cash date makes it hard not to want to call every day!

Griffin Armament optimus 9
Sent paper work 9/21/20
ATF took money 10/1/20
Received stamp 2/19/21

142 days is much better then it use to be. My last one took 11 months. Still way longer the we should have to wait but i'm not getting started on that.