• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

This thread being at the top and seeing all these approvals after my cash date makes it hard not to want to call every day!
From what we have been seeing low end 4-5 moths high end 6-7 right now which is much better then in the past but still way to long. Some gun stores drag there feet and only send them off a few times a year which is crazy.

From what we have been seeing low end 4-5 moths high end 6-7 right now which is much better then in the past but still way to long. Some gun stores drag there feet and only send them off a few times a year which is crazy.
yeah mine held it for 4 months because they were changing their FFL address, opening a new location, and were waiting to submit it under the new FFL/sot or whatever.... and forgot to tell me. I'm sitting at 6 months cashed but I bought it back in April 2020. Can't wait to pick it up and be done.

Nomad 30
09/12/2020 Form 4 and check accepted
still pending...
NFA Trust

Getting ready to drop a form 4 in the mail for a Dominus on my trust with 3 RP on it. Will see how long it takes to cash the check.

Got bored at work and called the NFA today. Good news!
Deadair Mask
Form 4 Individual
Purchased - 09/18/2020
Pending - 10/05/2020
Approved - 02/03/2021
EDIT: Stamp in hand 02/23/2021 (I'd guess it would have been here a week sooner if it wasn't for Snowmageddon :LOL: )
122 days. Beats the pants off the last one at 256 days!

Last edited:
This is my first can...

Thunder Beast Ultra 9
Traditional Trust
Check Cashed 8/17/2020
Approved 1/27/2021
Picked up 2/14/2021
Same exact purchase/submission date as you. Still waiting on two cans, Form 4 Trust w/my name alone.

Same exact purchase/submission date as you. Still waiting on two cans, Form 4 Trust w/my name alone.
I have a total of 3 names on my trust, so hopefully you hear something soon.

I have another can about 40 days behind this one, and another can 100 days beyond that one.

I've been following this thread for awhile. I finally have something to add!

DA Mask
Trust
Check cashed - 9/1/20
Approved - 1/26/21
Stamp arrived - 2/11/21

DA Nomad
Trust
Check cashed - 9/1/20
Approved - 1/30/21 (I broke down and called)
No call on stamp yet dammit!

Both on Form 4 INDV. trusts

Switchback
Check cashed 06.24
Approved 02.15
No stamp yet

Omega 36M
Check cashed 06.12
Approved 02.12
No stamp yet

Good luck to you all out there.

How long is the wait time on a form 4 to date? Post how long you have been waiting or how long you recently waited before it was completed and sighned.

JAY
I purchased 3 cans about 2 weeks apart in June 2020. 1 came back after 5 months, 1 in 7 months, and the latest came yesterday which would be about 8 months. Hope this helps.

Reactions: bunny too
no part of the process takes very long. they just lazy. and refuse to hire more people. they could process each persons shit and be done with it in the matter of hours.
Latest figures show they had over 500,000 NFA forms to deal with. Don't think they are sleeping at their desk. Longest part is getting the FBI clearance back.

Latest figures show they had over 500,000 NFA forms to deal with. Don't think they are sleeping at their desk. Longest part is getting the FBI clearance back.
isnt it the same fbi clearance that forms 1s require? and form 1s are only taking 30 days. so they have alot of form 4s to go thru, hire more people. this long wait isnt anything new. this is a problem that has easy solutions, they just refuse to address what they dont see as a problem.

Reactions: darkfader
It seems like it would be the exact same BGC as the form 1, but my form 1 has been in “SUBMITTED/PROCESSING” for 107 days. My BGC is spotless.

It seems like it would be the exact same BGC as the form 1, but my form 1 has been in “SUBMITTED/PROCESSING” for 107 days. My BGC is spotless.
that sucks man. Nfa tracker has it at 32 days last I checked if you do efile with a trust. I had one take over 18 months a number of years ago. Sometimes the government .govs you. hurry up and wait. for no damned reason.

Yep. Mine was efile as individual, but it was submitted status immediately and cover letter and prints were submitted immediately as well. Ive already spoken to an ATF representative, and was told it’s in the FBI’s hands. I happen to have a good friend who works here at the NICS office in WV, and he said they are just overwhelmed with BGC’s with all the millions of firearm transfers plus NFA stuff. I’m just hurrying up and waiting, however annoying it is. I’ve got a form 4 submitted as well. I’m taking bets on which one comes back first.

Yep. Mine was efile as individual, but it was submitted status immediately and cover letter and prints were submitted immediately as well. Ive already spoken to an ATF representative, and was told it’s in the FBI’s hands. I happen to have a good friend who works here at the NICS office in WV, and he said they are just overwhelmed with BGC’s with all the millions of firearm transfers plus NFA stuff. I’m just hurrying up and waiting, however annoying it is. I’ve got a form 4 submitted as well. I’m taking bets on which one comes back first.
they dont even have Efile as an individual as an option at nfa tracker. tho theyve got filing as an individual thru paper instead of efile and according to the lastest submissions to their website thats taking 227 days opposed to efile with a trust taking 32 days. wonder if the fact that you filed as an individual instead of trust has anything to do with it.
if you havent seen the nfa tracker website.

I just got a Form 1 and Form 4 approved on February 1st. Form 1 took 5 months and the Form 4 was 8 months. It’s more about sitting on the forms than it is going through the background. It’s a red tape exercise. They want to deter folks away from NFA items

I won’t be deterred, but I will be annoyed. LOL. I have one more can I want and as soon as it gets back in stock, I’ll be starting that process.

I won’t be deterred, but I will be annoyed. LOL. I have one more can I want and as soon as it gets back in stock, I’ll be starting that process.
Ive got two at 4 and 5 months now. It never gets easier. Don’t let them crush your spirit man.

I know they added people under Trump to cut down the wait time. I can see some of these people being re-assigned to more pressing issues under sleepy joe. The current wait right now is the same reason you can't buy ammo or primers or powder. Panic buying. They are overloaded same as when big ears was in office and it took 18 months to get approved.

Well i tried twice to call the ATF and both times i was on hold for over 5 minutes and just gave up. How do ya'll get through to a person? By the way, email is a no go, which is stupid AF!

Form 4 Trust
Check cashed 09/12/2020
FFL just got word some kickbacks needed to be fixed. So they are reviewing it. Should be approved shortly.

When you call to ask where you are in the process, do the people who approve the forms answer the phones also? If they do, don’t all the phone calls serve only to take time away from approving forms?

Just got mine few days ago. Was almost a week exactly short of 7 months. My dealer said that is the current running average for anything he submits.

Form 4 individual.

Reactions: IWillNotComply
Does silencer shop have the ability to tell one on their account when the atf check has been cashed?

Obsidian 45 Purchased 9/15 Individual
Check Cashed 9/28/20
Approved 2/22/21

Still waiting for my call from my Dealer that the stamp arrived, but happy it got approved so quickly. Hopefully Next Week i will get that phone call

Last edited:
Form 4

Single Shot Trust

TBAC Dominus

Purchased from Mile High on ??/??/??

Tax stamp cashed: 9/28/2020
Approved: 02/20/2021
Stamp mailed: within 4-5 days is what i was told (no exact date)
Dealer received stamp: not yet
Suppressor in my hands: not yet

Last edited:
Form 4 Individual

TBAC Dominus-CB

Purchased from Mile High: 8/13/2020
Pending: 9/15/2020
Approved: 1/25/2021
Stamp Received: 2/25/2021

163 days pending to stamp arrival

Last edited:
Reactions: NateSavannah
Form 4 Single Shot Trust

Dead Air Nomad-L

Purchased from Silencer Shop: 5/4/2020
Pending: 6/1/2020
Approved: 2/6/2021
Stamp Received: 3/1/2021

273 days pending to stamp arrival

I'm calling BS. I asked the dude at the shop, he says he still has cans coming back that been waiting over a year.
The average wait time according to NFA tracker is less I thought. Maybe not

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210305-115329_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210305-115329_Chrome.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 73
Local shop finally processed my can after it showed up last Friday morning. Just need to swing by and drop off photos, money order, and get my prints done. One thing I didn't know that was an unpleasant surprise was that they're charging me a $100 transfer fee. I noticed while I was there Tuesday buying some ammo that their regular transfer fees just went from $25 to $50. What's the most you've paid for a transfer fee for a can? I've been going to this shop for years.