• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report just got my brand new TDS Recon with Nightforce...

Pinco Palla

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2002
Italy
...ballistic program loaded .

The hardware in itself is 30% bigger and about 400% more heavier ( 522,00 gr ) than one IPhone 3G ( 122,00 gr ) , the colour is OD green , life battery is about 15-16 hours depending on which program/device ( bluetooth , GPS .... ) is activated, the machine seems to be very rock solid and rugged , exactly what I was looking for.

Actually the battery'll stay under charge for 12 hours , I'll give you my first impression about the software when I'' switch it on tomorrow afternoom .

Good shooting ,
PP out

Re: just got my brand new TDS Recon with Nightforce...

Enjoy... Ive used mine for the last few years and its great.

Re: just got my brand new TDS Recon with Nightforce...

Ive been using one for about a year with atrg2 on a sd chip. The really cool thing about it is you can put the 1 meter resolution aeriel photos on a cf chip and operate them both at the same time. I was able to get the whole state of Okla. on a 32 gig chip with room to spare. When loaded with Arc-pad the gps will overlay on the aeriels. Sometimes when the laser range finder wont reach you can see the land features well enough to get a measurment using the map. If you can identify a precise feature at you location and one at the targets location a very accurate measurement can be made. Navigation is a snap with one of these. I run bad guys with hounds offlead and get in some hellaciuos predictiments at night. I have been tangled up in thickets so bad I could barely wiggle and pull the Nomad out to discover there is a road or an opening a short distance away. I also have gps collars on the dogs and can take the gps location I recieve from their collars and put it in the Nomad, a littile black dot will appear on the map and I can tell what tree they are standing under in some cases. Outstanding piece of equipment, it has made my job much easier.