• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Motivational speech to Iraqi police

Re: Motivational speech to Iraqi police

Wow....

Can anyone tell if the terp is translating it exactly or if he is sugar coating it?

If I remember correctly, this guy (the speaker) was someone's old CO from a Cav unit.

While this sounds funny to us, and in many ways is true, he went about this the entirely wrong way assuming he didn't have walk them on a patrol himself following his Red Forman impression.

The flaw is easily seen when the IP guy asked why US Patrols weren't walking on patrol in the area versus driving in armored gun trucks and the guy responded along the lines of "don't worry about US Patrols". Sorry, Sir, it don't work like that with the Iraqis.

He should have known better. This is exactly why regular units should not be acting as ad hoc MiTT/SPiTT teams.

He ruined any chance he had to reach them effectively when he started calling into question their manhood. He didn't help anything and might have pushed fence sitters OVER to the J.A.M..

The Mahdi Army and other militia leadership appeals to them as glorious fighters, whether they are or not. They are self-styled warriors in their head, and not on the level we view that definition.

Yes, it's funny. Yes, this would have had a good "fuck you I'll prove it!" effect on a non-Arab male. No, this was not a good idea.

Stupid is as stupid does. I wonder how many Americans were harmed in the long run because of this moron.

He's not only a retard, but needs reeled back in.

Last I had heard he was hammered for being a retard!!!

I lived with the Iraqi army, ate with, fought with and they took extremely good care of me!
Two tours as a MITT worked out well for me.

This guy in the link is an idiot and probably did get people hurt because of his actions!!! I'm sure this worked great for malitia recruiting films.

I was in the Unit 1st ID, 1st BDE, who trained the Mitt teams at Ft. Riley, I remember when this video reached our chain of command. Im sure he had a good reason to talk like that. When I was in Iraq 06-07, almost every time we passed an IP check point "BOOM" another god damn IED. They were crooked as hell. I laugh when I watch this.