• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up nc and sc range

Re: nc and sc range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Red_SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">doc is estimating he's 11 lbs 5 oz. </div></div>

Damn Red_SC that is a big one! LOL I hope everything goes well.

Kahlendrrari what is stopping you? You are not that far.

deploying soon and all the BS we have to go through. but when i get back and i can finally finish my rifle, it's on, oh yeah bye the way my wife just broke her leg so i won't be doing anything for a while
frown.gif

Bryan, I Finally Got the USO. I shot it out to 960 last weekend. I love it. Anyway, I can't come out this weekend as i am in kansas on pre deployment leave. Also you know where I can get varget?
Later,
Adam

Guys,

Sorry I can't meet some of the new guys and dazzle you with my amazing skills, but I'm not going to be able to make it this Saturday. The baby ended up being 10 lbs 4 oz, and there were some signs of distress so it was done via C section. Everything looked good initially, but he started going downhill quickly, so they transported him to McLeod Hospital thinking he had a heart defect. There they found it was a lung problem called Pulmonary Hypertension, and they flew him to MUSC in Charleston. So, I'm here with my wife in one hospital and he's down there in another one. He's doing fine for now, but the next 2-3 days will be critical.

Jamie,
My wife and I know what your going thru. Our twins were 2 lbs when they were born and in the NICU for 5 weeks. Our prayers are with you and your family. Positive thoughts go along way.

Steve

Thanks y'all, mom and baby are doing pretty well right now considering. It turns out that, for some reason, the baby had been losing blood into Mom's bloodstream for some time, and was down over 16 oz when he was born- quite a lot for a newborn. He's had two transfusions and is being weaned off of the gasses that are keeping the blood vessels in his lungs open. Mom should be getting discharged tomorrow, and we'll be heading down to Charleston.

For those of you who thought about coming & didn't, well it was your loss. Good weather & nice folks. Definitely a good time. Now them boys can shoot!

Red SC
I took just a few shots of that day. I'll post them soon.
And yes it did happen, no lies.

OK, I'll make it simple. Now everybody listen up! They can't shoot................anything but little groups. The dirty little secret is that they really wish we would all under estimate them. I think they took it easy on us new guys. I'm sure next visit we'll really get a trimmin'. Don & I are going to have to practice often to keep up. Hell, I was happy just to be able to get up off the ground repeatedly.

yea i hear ya 95ltz. then why is it ya'll are the ones that showed up with the fancy hardware.

anyway the weekend was a blast we didn't have a huge croud but but we had a good time don and ltz ya'll are welcome back anytime. (next time we will have to call it a swapmeet since i think we had more fishing stories and horsetrading then we had shooting. ya'll dont forget the trailer next time.

I see ya can't let a good thread die so I'll jump in. I had a great time, met a bunch of great guys and gals and will be back if the mule don't die and the creek don't rise.

Oh, don't bet against the turtle. You might as well give it to me 'cause it'ed be gone.

Brian, Steve and the others drop me and Jim aline before the next meet if you need something we have on this side of the state.

Donald

Turtle Sniper & crew, another Hide member from around here has suggested that we meet up at Gunsite Hills to shoot out to 700 yards. Maybe we could organize a gathering there. No specific date yet just a thought.
http://www.gunsitehills.com/
Semper Fi

I believe the range fee is $20.00 per day. I just put it out there to see if anybody was interested.

I'd be down for that.

I'm also planning on going to one of the Hardrock matches this year, they say the train-up the day before is one of the best one-day training classes you can get.

I have shot both Hard Rock and Gunsite Hills, yes the fee is $20 I believe for both. Chief puts on some really fun tactical matches as well at Gunsite. Movers and crawlers etc. The train up day at Hard rock ir primarily for getting dopes at 600, 800, 900 and 1000 yards. It is a really tricky range with unusual wind conditions.

Turtle,
Are you guys going shooting this weekend(2 May)? If so I would like to get the details so I can try to figure out a way to make it.

Thanks,
Shane

Don & I were supposed to have a table at the Atlanta Gun Show the end of April. I'm not sure how it happened but the Show date was moved to May 2nd & 3rd. So to make a short story even longer.... we will not be in attendance this weekend. We were looking forward to getting more shooting lessons. Sooner or later we'll get this thing into a regular activity.
Jim

I should be there tomorrow, I have a lot going on this weekend so I'm going to be there a little earlier than normal. I'll have some .260 ammo.

Sorry if I missed some of y'all, I came early and had to leave early. Turtle and Nut shot the .260 and didn't spit on it when they were done, so it must have been OK. A couple of y'all had asked about shooting it, hopefully we can do better next month.

Don, Bill & I are coming. Don & I are coming down Friday. Bill is going to bring his new Tubb gun to get some rounds down the tube. Don will bring his .308 GAP & a Garand or two. I'm not sure what I'll bring. But we will be there.

I have had a change of plans, I will be at the range on June 6th to send some down range with you guys.

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to skip this time again. I was supposed to travel next week for work, but ended up having to go on Friday instead so we can work over the weekend. I'll be thinking about y'all while I'm sitting at work in Phoenix, though!

Well, another successful shoot in Aynor, SC. Had a good time with good folks & learned alot. The best part was a new discovery. In that portion of South Carolina they have this stuff called cinammon pickles. I left with a little jar of heaven. Turtle Sniper's wife is the one responsible for the little jars of goodness. Good food, good friends & shootin' what could be better. For those who stayed away because of the rain, well we didn't get a single drop. Lookin' forward to doin' it again. Thanks for all the work that you & yours put in so that we could have a good time.
Semper Fi

My hats off to Turtle Sniper and Nut for the great day of shooting, and more important, a special thanks to Mrs. Turtle Sniper for the great lunch, that girl can cook. Hope to see you next month.

has the range been opened up to 1200 yet? i am interested in coming out and shooting with you guys. im a rookie though so i dont want to get in you guys way.

Not to step on Turtle Snipers's toes, but from what he said, he is still planning to push the range back. He is just waiting for the ground to dry up in the woods, so he can start removing trees. Great fun can still be had shooting to 450 yds. It is a great feeling to shoot a golf ball on a string at 400yds.

no doubt. i definatly want to go. i am in savannah so it shouldnt be too far of a drive. i just want everyone to know that i will likely need help and have a lot of questions.