• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New tech and advancements are here. Whats the new best AR15 cartridge?

If cost and availability were not an issue, what would you keep stocked thats not 223/5.56??

• 6mm Arc

• 300 Ham'r

• 224 Valkyrie

• 6.5 Grendel

• 6.8 SPC

• 350 Legend

• 300 BLK

• 22 Nosler

• Russians hasn't upgraded, why should we good ol 223

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hard to beat the .223 for the above reasons.

I've tried the 6.5g and 6.8, still using a 12.5" ARP 6.8 for deer and haven't seen anything in the ar15 platform that could replace it.
Where do you find good ammo for the 6.8spc? Ammo is scarce and costly

If cost and availability were not an issue, what do you think should be the next cartridge standardized for the masses?

And now you see the problem with ammo that's isn't 223/5.56
You can never eliminate availability and cost.

Hornady seems to make runs, I’m sure the other brands do the same. Just have to time it right when it comes in stock. All ammo is expensive now vs what it was, can’t help you there.

I’m still shooting out of cases bought years ago. I will start reloading again if needed.

Reading this, I guess I never actually replied to the premise of the thread, so I'll wade in with a controversial opinion:

.300blk in subsonic and supersonic

reasoning: if I'm shooting something farther away than 600m I'll just use a bolt gun, while inside that range the 300blk in supersonic is quite accurate and effective. up really close you can just use subsonics with a suppressor.

9" barrel platforms (MCX or custom AR) in .300blk with correctly tuned gas systems to allow the use of subsonic and supersonic with nothing but a simple magazine change have essentially killed the submachine gun concept. Or depending on your perspective have become the perfect fusion of the subgun and the carbine.

if I could only have one rifle and it had to be an AR caliber, it'd be a hard choice between .300blk or 6mm ARC