• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

My AIAT has been stupid accurate as well... I've got 2 other custom builds and I don't see the point. I'll just get the needed barrels and run this AI into the ground.

Good point. I was looking at a used AE but should probably just spend the extra coin on the AT for a single rifle quiver.

Mine is extremely accurate as well... three five shot groups immediately after cleaning for the first time. The cold clean bore is also in the group, so I'd say this is a winner and that I've found a solid load for the 155.5's. I have a 185 load in the works as well that I just need to go and verify, but it's also shooting just as good as this. At any rate - the rifle is more accurate than I am as a shooter. Even my worst load work up shot under 1MOA.

at-groups.jpg

Edit: I should mention that this is a UK 24" barrel.

Last edited:
Yes, 49 is the spec. I've been running 45 on mine as that's what's easily available with the Borka torque driver I keep in the case. Not sure if anyone else has deviated from that number.

According to the manual that came with my AT is states 5NM for the barrel lock screw. According to the conversion calculator its 44.25 in lbs. Unless the calculator is off, that's quite a bit of difference from 49 inch lbs.

Is AI the maker of this barrel?
I saw where some AT's had other mfg.'s.
Going out of town so can't take to the range until next weekend...uggg
I called AI and was told hi rings but seems high. Not a problem as I fall right into perfect focus even at 40x.
barrel.jpg

I called AI and was told hi rings but seems high. Not a problem as I fall right into perfect focus even at 40x.
View attachment 44146

All AT's coming from the UK have .308 Win Lothar Walther 1 in 12 twist bbl.'s. Once they reach stateside AINA have Bartlein bbls in 1 in 10 twist chambered by Dave Tooley that can replace the LW bbls. My AT has the LW bbl and I don't have the luxury of replacing it to a Bartlein as I live in Canada and our only Cdn distributor for AI (Wolverine Supplies) can't or won't bring in the AINA bbls. Wolverine brings in tons of stuff from the US so I don't know why bbls would be an issue. Maybe Mr. Irwin can offer some insight. If this was available, AI would sell a lot more rifles in Canada. Same as any of the other calibers offered by AINA, 260, 6.5 CM, 243 etc, us Canadians are shit out of luck.

View attachment 44146
It's a lothar walther barrel made for AI. I am not 100% sure if AI or they chamber them.

What would get for a mount or rings? AI told me additional 18moa mount but nobody had in stock.
Shooting F-TR class after I get at that level. I will take the break off for rules or can you shoot .260 in F-TR?
Scope is 34mm.
Thanks

What would get for a mount or rings? AI told me additional 18moa mount but nobody had in stock.
Shooting F-TR class after I get at that level. I will take the break off for rules or can you shoot .260 in F-TR?
Scope is 34mm.
Thanks

.260 puts you into F-open.

F-T/R is 308 or 223 only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as rings. I have low think it's .92 height 34mm seekins with a hensoldt. I had to take the small butt spacer out to get a good eye relief because the front bell , objective can not come reward anymore. The bolt shroud just touches my check when the bolt is in its rearward position.

Last edited:
200 yards, 2 shot groups (except the left upper, that is a 3 shot group, just for fun). Federal GM308M2 175 GR. 22 inch Bartlein 5R from GAP. 1:10 twist. If I do my part, the rifle will do the rest. And of course; then there is the occasional one where I do not do my part, but I am still learning...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 5.13.29 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-07-25 at 5.13.29 PM.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 29
According to the manual that came with my AT is states 5NM for the barrel lock screw. According to the conversion calculator its 44.25 in lbs. Unless the calculator is off, that's quite a bit of difference from 49 inch lbs.

Not too far off. 5 inch pounds won't hurt anything. I will probably back it down to 44 or 45 in lbs later.

Just received an Email yesterday from Dave at Mile High that my Tan AI AXMC 308 should be arriving the end of next week. I have the 260 & 308 barrels ordered with 4 magazines and an AI 20 MOA scope mount. He wanted me to send him my 2 TBAC 30BA muzzle breaks, so he could get them mounted and timed on the barrels in preparation for the rifle arrival. I suspect I should have the rifle in my hands in another 2-3 weeks and should soon be able to shoot the same tight groups you guys have been getting. Can't wait as this will be my first AI rifle! Just slap on my S&B PM II 5-25X with MSR reticle. Done.

FYI
All AT's are shipped from the UK with Lowthar Walthar barrels, which perform very well. They are then received into AINA and forwarded to our distributors with the same Lowthar Walthar barrel. We do not fit any Bartein barrels to AT's at AINA.
The torque on the AT quick change action is 49 inch lbs and 45 is for the AX magnums.
It will be possible to order aftermarket USA barrels through AINA by the end of 2014 which are not Lowthar Walthar. Stay tuned!!
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

[MENTION=94861]bol[/MENTION]

care to share the load specifics for the 155.5 bergers?

45.9 grains of Varget
Lapua cases (trim to 2.005)
CCI BR2 primer
2.960 OAL which will put you at around 0.017 off of the lands (at least in my rifle) and will still feed from a AW mag.
The load is safe in my rifle, as always start low and work up and your COAL may vary from mine.
This is a perfect OBT node for a 24" barrel and will get you about 2860 FPS. On a hot day I have seen 2920 FPS.

IMG_1216.JPG

Managed to get the AT in the winners circle at the Bangsteel Team challenge. We ran the 308 class but ended up taking Both 308 and open class with the 20" 308 and a 22" JP taking High score.
I find that My 308 barrel is a true hammer with 155 lapuas at 2700!

What rear bag is everyone using with their AT's. I have a FTW bag but it's a little too small for shooting off of a bench. Thinking about getting a Red Tac Pillow (6"x6") until the new "fillable" TAB bags come out, but until then I need to find a bag that fits better than the FTW.

I have an ax which is the same back end. I use a tab squeeze bag or a Weibad depending on the position.

I use an old green army sock filled with poly beads from a craft store. Very similar to the one Rob01 showed a picture of in a previous post somewhere. Still have it from my Army days years ago. I tried all the premade ones and to be honest I find the one I made more versatile but that's just me. Whatever works for you. If there wasn't options out there life would be pretty boring.

The wiebad bag works great with the new style butthook.

Any word yet on if and when a lower railed version may be available?

When it is I'm sure Tom Irwin will post here. Until then anything would just be a guess. If you can't wait for that, buy one now and buy a lower rail once they're available. It's already been said they will sell the rails separately as well and I don't see one costing more than $125 or so. Seeing as once it's available the rifles will be standard with them I'm sure you'd have no problem selling your high one to somebody who wants to run the NV bridge.

It's an AI barrel off of a AXMC if I read another post correctly.

This is correct, it's the pale brown 308 barrel that came on my AXMC. I can't disclose what manufacturer AI uses for their coatings. There's a lot of cerakote colors though so I'm sure you can get close with that.

Woohoo! Just got the call! :) Now the shipping and California 10 day wait...

Really stoked right now...

Any news on the lower height action rail , for people who will never mount forward night vision attachments ?

Cheers Chris

Just got the call from Mile High. Now waiting on service work to thread the barrel. Did not ask about the rail height.

Talked w MH yesterday and my PB 20 inch folder is still on order. They told me the low rail may be after the first of the year. Still wanting to shorten the barrel when they thread it. Maybe have an inch or so cut so it can be threaded past the flats...any input? Also,a friend just got his and I was surprised at the weight and feel. I have a custom rem in aics and it is much heavier. The AT felt great and the weight was not bad. It was outfitted with a bipod and NF scope.....

There is plenty of room in front of the flats to thread and even profile for a clamp on style brake like the AI or a badger FTE. To get to the rear of the flats you're going to chop about 2.25-2.75" off the barrel depending on how you do it.

Ordered the end of April/early May; pale brown side folder with 24" bbl (plain) and a separate 6.5CM bbl, 24" threaded.