• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official Accuracy International AT First Look

I will be running a direct thread can....that's what I'm trying to determine the best length/ or if I should shorten it and keep the flats. I'm going 5/8 x 24 so I'm thinking cutting it down an inch or so and that would leave enough shoulder in front of the barrel flat. Hope I'm making sense to someone....I know I can get a longer barrel and just cut the flats off but I've already ordered the 20 and want to keep em....

Ordered the end of April/early May; pale brown side folder with 24" bbl (plain) and a separate 6.5CM bbl, 24" threaded.

Thanks, I have a Od Green folder 20"plain on order and a 24" 6.5 Creedmoor barrel also plain. I want to say I'm patiently waiting, but I can wait for it to get here.

I was able to get the last black folder Euro Optics had with a 20" unthreaded barrel. It was delivered to Moon at Crescent Customs a week ago. Moon will thread the 20" plus build me a 25" 6.5 CM off a Bartlein blank.

As far as the all black look is concerned, Shapeshifter Finishing will be using their skill set after the rifle arrives here to make the appearance more interesting.

Talked w MH yesterday and my PB 20 inch folder is still on order. They told me the low rail may be after the first of the year. Still wanting to shorten the barrel when they thread it. Maybe have an inch or so cut so it can be threaded past the flats...any input? Also,a friend just got his and I was surprised at the weight and feel. I have a custom rem in aics and it is much heavier. The AT felt great and the weight was not bad. It was outfitted with a bipod and NF scope.....

Personally after spending quite a bit of time behind my AT with both the 20" 308 barrel and the 24" 260 Barrel, both with the can on. The 308 seems to feel just right at 20" though it's definitely not a light right no matter how you look at it. If you're trying to get rid of the flats, you're going to have to take of quite a bit more than an inch. And if you're trying to have it hacked so the threads end at the flats that may not be the best for the can shouldering up on your can properly.

yeah I was thinking of leaving 1/4 inch or so in front of the flats and then threading...Ill see what the machinist at MH says..I may be thinking about this too much.
I know its not a light rifle but don't think its bad. After holding it I don't think I would have an issue carrying it hunting or shooting off hand. But Ive been carrying a custom build in a chassis and an HS precision for years. Bout to head to the range and shoot my buddies AT.
Thanks again for the info...

Set my AT,with the 6 Creed barrel on, up in a 2nd story window on a simple saddle type rest atop a Manfrotto 055 in the house last week to brush up on the quick tripod position. Being in the house, it left me 97 yards exactly from my target stand. this was a 10 shot string using only a tripod, sand sock and a stool from the Boys old Drum set.

AT with the barrel pulled and one of the groups it shot at 100Y. This thing is a hammer!!

ATnobbl.jpg

ATfoldednobbl.jpg

AT3roundgroup.jpg

That clearly throws out the wisdom that one has to have the scope as close as possible to the barrel to have a repeatable POI when the rifle is canted. Or something like that.

Who, if anybody besides AI, is currently carrying OD green skins?

Set my AT,with the 6 Creed barrel on, up in a 2nd story window on a simple saddle type rest atop a Manfrotto 055 in the house last week to brush up on the quick tripod position. Being in the house, it left me 97 yards exactly from my target stand. this was a 10 shot string using only a tripod, sand sock and a stool from the Boys old Drum set.

Sweet setup! What barrel contour and brake did you use?

Has anybody found any stock packs that will work on the pistol grip skins yet? Looking to hold dope chart and some ammo if possible.

I do not know of any stock packs. But TAB makes a dope chart that attaches to your sling.

I searched this and other threads to no avail... I just ordered my AT from the fine gentlemen at Eurooptic and I was just wondering what you all would recommend for barrel break-in procedure. This is my first AI and I've confirmed it will be a LW barrel (.308/20"). I've broken in factory remington barrels a few times, but I know the quality is quite different with a LW barrel! LOL

Input is greatly appreciated!

I searched this and other threads to no avail... I just ordered my AT from the fine gentlemen at Eurooptic and I was just wondering what you all would recommend for barrel break-in procedure. This is my first AI and I've confirmed it will be a LW barrel (.308/20"). I've broken in factory remington barrels a few times, but I know the quality is quite different with a LW barrel! LOL

Input is greatly appreciated!

Honestly, I'd run a dry patch through the bore and make sure there's some grease on the backsides of the lugs. Other than that I wouldn't bother with anything, just go out and shoot it. Don't bother cleaning it until your groups start to up, no special break in needed.

Anyone running hornady 168 gr tap amax? I shot an AT last week and it shot about 1/2 to 3/4 5 rds groups with it. It is brand new and we were getting used to the trigger and all. My buddy later switched to fed gmm 168 and sent me pics of several one hole groups 1/4 or better. I know the hornady is accurate. Shoot it thru most of my rifles and it has been as accurate or better than the fed. I have both but pretty much have access to all the hornady I care to shoot.
I am ready to get mine...very impressed with the AT so far
Thanks for any feedback

Honestly, I'd run a dry patch through the bore and make sure there's some grease on the backsides of the lugs. Other than that I wouldn't bother with anything, just go out and shoot it. Don't bother cleaning it until your groups start to up, no special break in needed.

Thanks ZM... I've seen other guys greasing their AX lugs before. What grease do you recommend?

I used the John McQuay method on mine.

Hahahahahahahahaha that's awesome... I guess I'm just gonna shoot the shit out of mine when I get it!

Thanks ZM... I've seen other guys greasing their AX lugs before. What grease do you recommend?

If you've got one you already use and like then no need to go run out and buy something special. I use the Montana X-treme gun grease that comes in the sealable syringe as it's convenient.

I will be starting a prototype lower Scope rail 0 and 20 MOA, should have pictures up in the next week or so. My target price will be 110.00 shipped if anybody is interested it shouldn't be an issue to run a few extra.

I will be starting a prototype lower Scope rail 0 and 20 MOA, should have pictures up in the next week or so. My target price will be 110.00 shipped if anybody is interested it shouldn't be an issue to run a few extra.

Yep interested :)

Interested... Please post pics as soon as available. How low will the 0 MOA version be?

interested...just got the call from MH. mine should be here soon.

Im not sure yet Id like to make it pretty close to the factory rail on a AI AE. We pretty much have the design figured out, we will use the same dowel pin/ key setup that AI uses and maybe the same bolts depending how low we make them. Also if we get enough people together I could take them to the plating shop and get them black anodized hard coat.

Interested... Please post pics as soon as available. How low will the 0 MOA version be?

Anyone running hornady 168 gr tap amax? I shot an AT last week and it shot about 1/2 to 3/4 5 rds groups with it. It is brand new and we were getting used to the trigger and all. My buddy later switched to fed gmm 168 and sent me pics of several one hole groups 1/4 or better. I know the hornady is accurate. Shoot it thru most of my rifles and it has been as accurate or better than the fed. I have both but pretty much have access to all the hornady I care to shoot.
I am ready to get mine...very impressed with the AT so far
Thanks for any feedback

I shot Federal GMM 168g through mine and it liked it. I have a 1:10 Bartlein and it liked the GMM

I shot Federal GMM 168g through mine and it liked it. I have a 1:10 Bartlein and it liked the GMM

Thanks. I guess I'll find out what mine likes in a week or so. Mine will be cut down and threaded just past the threads so maybe 18 3/4. Factory LW 1:12.
Then I'll be ordering a 6.5 barrel. Prob 24 inch threaded.

Anyone dumping AT skins? Need a set for a dip. any color would work.

I just received my pale brown AT today. Not so sure I'm sold on the pistol grip skins. If I decide to go the thumbhole route I certainly won't be keeping the factory skins. Give me a couple hundred rounds...

Thanks to this thread and all of the great feedback on the AT's I just ordered my first AI rifle today. I ended up going with an AI AT 308 with 26" factory threaded barrel and muzzle brake in a Pale Brown folding stock. I would have gone with a 24" threaded barrel but they didn't have one in stock, only a 24" plain barrel. At some point I'll probably get a 260 or 6.5 CM barrel to go with it but that's a ways down the line. For now I'm just looking forward to getting it in hand to put some break-in rounds through it! I also have a Rem 700 308 in an AICS 1.5 chassis with pistol grip Viper Skins and it's what also helped sell me on the AI rifle...I really like the AI chassis as it's really solid and I dig the changeable skins too.

This rifle will be used for target shooting from 200-600 yards and occasionally out to 1000. Anything longer than that and I'll go to the 300 Win Mag. Can't wait!

My AI AXMC308 arrived at my FFL this morning, but can't pick it up until Monday, because the woman who handles the transfers needs to record it. Went by a looked at it and it was perfect!!! Has Spuhr 0 MOA mount for my S&B 5-25X with MSR.I should get to the range on Tuesday and will post a report.

My AI AXMC308 arrived at my FFL this morning, but can't pick it up until Monday, because the woman who handles the transfers needs to record it. Went by a looked at it and it was perfect!!! Has Spuhr 0 MOA mount for my S&B 5-25X with MSR.I should get to the range on Tuesday and will post a report.

Very nice. Glad to hear if finally came in. Curious how that stock is compared to the one on my AT, I may go with the AXMC 338 once I decide to add a larger caliber to the collection.

Very nice. Glad to hear if finally came in. Curious how that stock is compared to the one on my AT, I may go with the AXMC 338 once I decide to add a larger caliber to the collection.
The AXMC 338 will have a short action conversion later this year, but the 308 cannot be converted into along action! it's about as heavy as my prior MRAD, but much nicer quality and detail.

The AXMC 338 will have a short action conversion later this year, but the 308 cannot be converted into along action! it's about as heavy as my prior MRAD, but much nicer quality and detail.
Next time I meet you guys at the range, I'll bring the AI and you can try the buttstock. I'll also bring my DTA 338LM conversion with TBAC suppressor and let you shoot some rounds. I really think you'd happier with Gen II DTA with 338LM conversion. These come up frequently For Sale here on the Hide. I think it would be a cheaper and more practical choice. Just saying.

What he said ^^^^

Just looked at mine (AT) on Friday (had to start the paper work/waiting period here), and it was already attached to the foreend.

securedownload-4.jpg
Back from the range today. First time shooting new AT.
I'm a newbe with allot to learn so I'm sure in the right hands this group would be allot tighter.
After 4 shots to at 50 yds moved to 100 yds took 3 more to adjust scope then fired 15 rounds of factory match ammo in just over a 1" group off a phoenix tripod. I'm so excited and proud to own such a rifle.
Thank you Accuarcy International for making such a fine weapon.
securedownload-4.jpg

I had a look at mine today for the first time. I have to wait a few weeks for the paperwork :(

Any one find the pistol grip a little short?

My pinky is only just on and that's without gloves; bigger than average hands I guess! Would the Victor Company skins have a larger/longer pistol grip?

There supposed to work on larger grips for these soon.
I had a look at mine today for the first time. I have to wait a few weeks for the paperwork :(

Any one find the pistol grip a little short?

My pinky is only just on and that's without gloves; bigger than average hands I guess! Would the Victor Company skins have a larger/longer pistol grip?