• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official First Look at the Accuracy International, AX308MC

I'm curious also , it looks like you might not have to do any new load development for it with 175's
. It's nice to hit the mark on a load when you weren't even loading for that rifle.

AX rifles being sold in the US will be shipped with AINA Bartlein barrels in 1-10 chambered by Dave Tooley as far as I know.

Negative for now. I asked Tom Irwin this same question and they decided to scrap that bipod, but are in the works on a possible new design.

Great, i might actually try out that LRA bipod on AXMC, and see how I like it. I really like the TRG bipod and I'm thinking it looks very close to the design.

There are a bunch here at Mile High, I stopped in and they had about 10 of them

Thanks for the update. Just called Dave at milehigh, they do have some in, only problem is they haven't got the pale brown. According to them AI is getting them cerakoted. So I guess I'm just going to have to wait.

That would mean the rifles are still getting coated in the UK and haven't left yet. That would mean they are a ways out.

Finally picked up my AX 308MC along with a 26" .260 barrel, 100 pieces of Lapua 260 brass, 500 140gr Bergers, 8lb of IMR 4350, 3 extra mags, and a custom cut Pelican case. Mile High is AMAZING! Just waiting on the Mil-R BEAST, hopefully not for too long. Going to be loading ammo in the meantime.

Does anyone have any information regarding the arrival of the pale brown AXs? Maybe Tom can chime in?

Thanks

I am not sure of the exact situation with AX Pale Brown and it is the holiday weekend. I know we shipped all AX308, AMXC and AT without a Harris bipod adaptor from the UK and it had to be fitted in AINA. I also know that we did not have any Harris bipod adaptors in pale brown. I think we sent them down to Dave Tooley to be cerakoted and when they come back it is just a matter of fitting them and shipping out pale brown AX.
FYI, the pale brown rifles from the UK are not finished with cerakote, it is the same company who paints our magazines and therefor the same process. We will be switching to cerakote before the end of the year and are in the process of setting up 2 new suppliers, one in the US and one in the UK to cerakote components and barrels.
One other thing, AT's all come with Lowther Walther barrels, not Bartlien. If there is a Bartlein on an AT then there is a story behind it and that would be something to do with our distributors.
We are ramping up production of AT, AX308 and AXMC so in the coming months there will be plenty available. We are also working on AX AICS with the new back end.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Thanks [MENTION=1436]tomirwin[/MENTION]... any word on the transit suit case for the 20" barreled AXMC? Are these available?

Guess its another month or so on the pale brown AX's?

pupdawg,
Not sure what you mean by the transit suit case; can you be more specific. If I am right on the Harris bipod adaptors and we already have AX pale brown in AINA then it will be in the next couple of weeks max.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Tom,
Are you able to give an update on what improvements are being made to the AT bipod, and an ETA?
Thanks.

pupdawg,
Not sure what you mean by the transit suit case; can you be more specific. If I am right on the Harris bipod adaptors and we already have AX pale brown in AINA then it will be in the next couple of weeks max.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Thank you for the reply I appreciate it.

Was wanting to get this for my 20" barreled AX308 (2014):

http://www.hyperdouraku.com/shotshow2014/images/ai/04.jpg

Mile High Shooting is showing it as part# 26434 (AI Transit Suitcase AX338 short barrel)

Last edited:
For those that have already spent some time behind the AXMC....With the rear sling attachments tucked under the cheek piece, how is rifle manipulation with a sling attached? Does the sling or QD attachments pull at the cheek piece? It looks like an awkward spot for an attachment point.

The pale browns are coming! Just got word mine is shipping from MH as well!!

remington patriot,
I am not sure how your AT came with a Bartlein barrel but it did not leave AINA with one and if you did get a Bartlein then there had to be some special reason. ALl AT's come with Lowthar Walthar.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Just got an Email Friday from Dave at MH that my Tan AI AXMC 308 should be in the end of next week. Sent my TBAC muzzle breaks for him to install them on my 260 & 308 barrels. Hopefully, the gun will be in my hands after 3-4 weeks! I'll let you know how she shoots.