• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official First Look at the Accuracy International, AX308MC

Might as well throw the camera away after that shot.

I see a black barrel with brake, longer than your 20". Caliber?

And you've gotten your new S&B.

And is some of that wood black locust? If so, how did you split it - hydraulic splitter?!?

That was actually taken with a iPhone 5S surprisingly. Barrel is a 26" AINA Bartlein 243. Not sure on wood types but it was split with a hydraulic splitter.

No, don't throw your phone away! Sorry I suggested that.

I have a similar pale brown AXMC308 inbound Monday with 24" barrel. My plan is to have Moon at Crescent Custom build a 26" .243 for me, as well, on a Bartlein blank, for it, and thread it for my TB 30P-1.

The .243 with the 115 DTAC bullet is amazing, but hard on barrels over a certain velocity. I just don't know what that velocity is. All I know is I have yet to be under it. Changing out the barrel every 1000 rounds will now be easier!

This is very nice...

SH tactical pillow for size comparison. 20" AX308, scope is a SnB 3-20x50 in a Near Manuf. Alpha Mount, SF socom brake.

Attachments

• 2014-08-15 23.56.39.jpg
    2014-08-15 23.56.39.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
  • 2014-08-15 23.58.48.jpg
    2014-08-15 23.58.48.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • 2014-08-15 23.57.13.jpg
    2014-08-15 23.57.13.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22
  • 2014-08-16 02.47.07.jpg
    2014-08-16 02.47.07.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
^^^^ I second that. My Tan one arrived today at my FFL, but the woman who handles the transfers won't be in until Monday. I'll pick her up then and get her set up and out to the range to try out the 24" 260 and 22" 308. Should have a range report that evening!

This is very nice...

SH tactical pillow for size comparison. 20" AX308, scope is a SnB 3-20x50 in a Near Manuf. Alpha Mount, SF socom brake.

Pupdawg, that setup IS very nice!
Was this package shipped as is from a dealer or did you piece it out?

ETA: I just read the entire thread and realized the answer was on this very page. Found your post/link from MH. I'm a DA..

Last edited:
Pupdawg, that setup IS very nice!
Was this package shipped as is from a dealer or did you piece it out?

ETA: I just read the entire thread and realized the answer was on this very page. Found your post/link from MH. I'm a DA..

Yes sir. Mile High Shooting hooked me up. Everything except the scope, mount, bipod, brake (which I already had). I first saw the transit suit case with a 20" barreled 338 PSR in it and I knew I had to have it. It is a kick ass case.. and rifle of course! haha

On a side note a big thank you to Melissa and Mile High Shooting. The wait was WELL worth it.

little much for a short action dont you think? haha. way too tactical for my wants or needs. plus i've never liked the grips on those chassis.

little much for a short action dont you think? haha. way too tactical for my wants or needs. plus i've never liked the grips on those chassis.

Appreciate your opinion, but it isn't your rifle so you don't need to worry about it. Move along... ;)

Ever heard the saying "if I wanted your opinion I'd beat it out of you". Sounds like another cheap bastard making excuses for themselves.

How's that black and white working for you? Don't need no fancy flat screen HDTV!

Last edited:
I think Parker joined for the sole-purpose of spewing douchebaggery on our forum. No need to dump on people's posts, especially with 8 days as a member.

im actually reading your retarded post on a 120hz 180p 50 inch monitor you stupid ass. but he probably didnt say that because he isnt a little dipshit like yourself so how about you go fuk off on that little bmx of yours kid.

Vagisil bro, clean the sand out of that thing before you make a pearl. Some effort on punctuation wouldn't hurt you either.

im actually reading your retarded post on a 120hz 180p 50 inch monitor you stupid ass. but he probably didnt say that because he isnt a little dipshit like yourself so how about you go fuk off on that little bmx of yours kid.

Who left the door open again!!!

Go sell crazy somewhere else. We are all full up here.

You really felt the need to comment on a rifle belonging to someone else? We know the AI is too much rifle for you and your skill level. No one cares what you think about the grips on the AI chassis. The best piece of advice I could offer when commenting on a rifle, especially an AI is STFU!! Go back down to your mom's basement to your internet girlfriend and games on your putter.

Two five shot groups completely removing and reinstalling the AINA 243 barrel on my AXMC each shot. Group on the left was done with a snap on torque wrench to the 48inlbs spec and the group on the right was using the supplied allen wrench. Accuracy settles down and returns to perfect POI after 2-3 shots. Will post pic of that shortly.

Last edited:
I just picked up an AXMC 308 and AXMC 338 today. These rifles are simply amazing.

The PSR you only get one rifle and 3 calibers for just over $17K. This way I get two complete rifles and still save $4K over the PSR. ;)

All joking aside. I am an FFL and purchased them for inventory at my shop. Though after looking them over, I am a little worried that one my find it's way into my personal collection.

The PSR you only get one rifle and 3 calibers for just over $17K. This way I get two complete rifles and still save $4K over the PSR. ;)

All joking aside. I am an FFL and purchased them for inventory at my shop. Though after looking them over, I am a little worried that one my find it's way into my personal collection.

You can always talk it down to be lower than 17k :cool:. I really dig the all black version instead of the pale brown on my PSR. You would still have to buy 2 scopes/mounts. I'd figured it was for inventory. I would def keep one for myself though!

You can always talk it down to be lower than 17k :cool:. I really dig the all black version instead of the pale brown on my PSR. You would still have to buy 2 scopes/mounts. I'd figured it was for inventory. I would def keep one for myself though!

The PSR is a nice piece of kit. You're right, you can get the PSR for lower than $17K, and you can also get the AXMC for less than retail too ;) I also dig all black, though the pale brown color is really growing on me.

I have been shooting a DTA for the last few years and had some success with that platform. I was very excited to hear about the new AI rifles at SHOT, especially the ability they now have to change calibers easily.

Rob Wilkinson: King of Powder Keg | Com-Link

After handling the AX rifles today, I came away extremely impressed. These rifles are built to take some serious abuse, yet have all the features you would want in a custom gun and then some (smooth action, fantastic trigger, stock adjustability, folding stock, threaded barrel, caliber interchangeability, double stack mags (if only DTA would make some), extra strong bolt stop (I can't tell you how many times I have seen people snap off their bolt stop), easy take down bolt, on board wrench, uniform 4mm allen bolts, etc.)

I need to move these quick, before one follows me home.

The PSR is a nice piece of kit. You're right, you can get the PSR for lower than $17K, and you can also get the AXMC for less than retail too ;) I also dig all black, though the pale brown color is really growing on me.

I have been shooting a DTA for the last few years and had some success with that platform. I was very excited to hear about the new AI rifles at SHOT, especially the ability they now have to change calibers easily.

Rob Wilkinson: King of Powder Keg | Com-Link

After handling the AX rifles today, I came away extremely impressed. These rifles are built to take some serious abuse, yet have all the features you would want in a custom gun and then some (smooth action, fantastic trigger, stock adjustability, folding stock, threaded barrel, caliber interchangeability, double stack mags (if only DTA would make some), extra strong bolt stop (I can't tell you how many times I have seen people snap off their bolt stop), easy take down bolt, on board wrench, uniform 4mm allen bolts, etc.)

I need to move these quick, before one follows me home.

You both were meant to be together, just let it happen!! Hahaha. Great article as well

Is the top handguard rail on the AXMC removable? I believe the top rails on the old AX chassis were, and it would allow me to use my current scope mount until I got a new one. Also, what would you guys recommend for a mount/rings for a 56 mm objective on an AXMC? I love the look of the Spuhrs, but dang they're pricey (yes, it's for a $7,000 gun, but still...).

Can't wait for mine to come in!

Is the top handguard rail on the AXMC removable? I believe the top rails on the old AX chassis were, and it would allow me to use my current scope mount until I got a new one. Also, what would you guys recommend for a mount/rings for a 56 mm objective on an AXMC? I love the look of the Spuhrs, but dang they're pricey (yes, it's for a $7,000 gun, but still...).

Yes the top rail is removable just like the others. For a 56mm I would recommend a 1.5" high 0moa spuhr in the correct tube size. Spuhr mounts are pricey but they're worth it, I won't use anything else. When you consider what other quality mounts cost plus a good level you're pretty much at the same price anyway, get the spuhr and be done with it.

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis, they're a bargain, compared to these....;)

P-ROM L-Model? (Rifle Optic Mount for telescopic sights) 0MOA - Products

Yes the top rail is removable just like the others. For a 56mm I would recommend a 1.5" high 0moa spuhr in the correct tube size. Spuhr mounts are pricey but they're worth it, I won't use anything else.
Thanks for the advice! I was also looking at the AADMOUNTS... they have what I'd call similar features (but not the nifty scope leveling device, which has to be the coolest thing in the world, I'd say).

edit: I suppose you guys are right... might as well get the right tool for the job. 34 mm Spuhr 1.5" mount it is... now just to find a good deal on one.

Last edited:
edit: I suppose you guys are right... might as well get the right tool for the job. 34 mm Spuhr 1.5" mount it is... now just to find a good deal on one.

You will be glad you spent the money. There's not better mount out there and the level location andnvisibilitynis perfect, I got mine from mile high, not sure who else carries them. They offer a snipershide discount as well.

Without rereading this whole thing, can someone please tell me for sure. Can you replace the skins on these with thembhole skins like the older version had?

On another note bmxer...that's locust in your wood stack. Makes good heat.