• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official First Look at the Accuracy International, AX308MC

Yes that is correct. Dave Tooley cuts these barrels to AI specs. AI uses several brakes that all are threaded 18x1.5mm regardless of caliber.

I have never seen an AX come with a UK barrel but I have heard of an AT come with an AINA bartlein...

Yes that is correct. Dave Tooley cuts these barrels to AI specs. AI uses several brakes that all are threaded 18x1.5mm regardless of caliber.

I have never seen an AX come with a UK barrel but I have heard of an AT come with an AINA bartlein...

Ok, that explains it. I couldn't understand why Dave would be cutting metric threads on his barrels. I have the AI brake and I guess they are cut accordingly for these.

How are you shooting .308 in the long action MC?
the whole reason for the AXMC is for one rifle to be able to shoot multiple calibers, to go from 338 Lapua to 308 it’s just a matter of changing the bolt body and barrel and installing the mag well adapter and 308 mag the whole process just takes a few minutes

when I first got my rifle it had a different break on it, single chamber break made to install a suppressor and I did not care for it much, it was not as efficient as the break that I had on my AWSM and you had to clock it with shims so I called Scott up at AINA and he swapped it out for me for the conventional two chamber break like the one I had on my AWSM which clocks by getting it where you want it and then tighten the retention screw and the suppressor I have screws on the end of the barrel anyway so removing this break is also much easier than the other one

I'm asking how you got the 308 conversion. Been hearing they aren't available.

Its a PSR bro. The AXMC seem to have the pistol grip half black half pale brown as the PSR comes with just full pale brown, mine came like that. Especially since he said it came with the single chamber brake (AAC Titan Brake) which comes with all PSR barrels in the kit. And I am pretty damn sure they don't have the conversion kits unless he's special lol. I may be wrong though.

Here is mine, the rifle shoots awesome I have three barrels for it so far 308,338 Lapua mag and 338 Norma mag I have the Nightforce ATACR for a scope and here is a 5 shot group with the 308 barrel at 200 yrds

Very nice. What load are you using? I'm assuming the group was shot using the same ammo you would use on a call out? I think we actually met once over in Palmetto a few years ago. If this is the case you had an AI/AE at the time along with an AAC can (Cyclone?) and there was an issue with vertical stringing you were trying to solve. I shoot USPSA with Braxton, and sometimes share a lane with Landrum over at Bob's. I have been trying to convince Braxton to get a Class 3 license to handle my transfers. If you see him put a bug in his ear!

I have gone into great discussions over this with the guys at AI. Sorry to say they adamantly oppose doing this. You can make it yourself if you can contract someone to do it....

And AI made an AE in 7 WSM several years ago for SHOT but no one knows if it was ever fired.

It's currently my heaviest rifle. :p

So, when is AI getting into lightweight/hunting? :D

Attachments

• IMG_5532.jpg
    IMG_5532.jpg
    871 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5528.JPG
    IMG_5528.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 29
Great day at the range! Zeroed the 260 & 308 barrels at 100 yards. Shift from 308 to 260 conversion is 1.2 mils up and 0.6 mils left. Both barrels easily 1/2 MOA, when I do my part! Looking forward to many years of great shooting with this rifle.
20141005_115857_resized_2_zpsf6b0fcf6.jpg

20141005_115926_resized_zpsc0a366a3.jpg

Hope you all have a great week!

PS-260 140 gr. Berger VLDs top & 308 168 gr. SMK.

Last edited: