• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I happen to shoot a 338 Lapua thank you, I was not arguing just stating facts, I have a $250 Muller scope on a Rem 300 ultra mag , For at least 10 years, and I reload and shoot alot so the awnsers I get about cheap scopes are not all True, No problems with that scope, so I ask you I have Herd BUY A SWFA, NIGHTFORCE, VORTEX, THEN I HERD GUYS BASHING VORTEX PST, AND NIGHTFORCE, AND ALSO LEUPOLD? NOW YOU SAY SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR A BETTER CLASS THAN ME LOL, i HAVE BEEN SHOOTING A LONG TIME FELLOW, SO DONT PULL THAT MOST OF US ARE BETTER SHIT, CAUSE YOUR NOT.
Better. No.

smarter? Well.....

Just skip the Monstrun and get yourself a Quigley Ford and be done. What kind of 338 do you own and how does it shoot?

also, how many deer have you killed with your bow?

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
IM not a sucker thank you. but like I said I have a Muller scope in a rem 300 ultra running at least 10 years no problems, paid like $230 for it. I dont understand why all the shit I just ask a simple Question ,
Um, yeah, if you are naive enough to believe some salesman on the phone saying that POS scope is manufactured in some previously unknown secret US based scope factory, then yes you are the definition of a sucker.
For the record: I’m not giving you shit for asking a question, I am giving you “the shit” for continuing to say that scope is made in the US.

Think about what you are buying into...omen is usually bad, but what do we all know? Remember, you came here for advice.
20200628_145230.jpg

Not sure what u mean, I was not bashing lesser calibers, just my experience with them, But alot of guys here think ya gotta drop $$$$$$$$$$on a scope I beg to Differ? As I have said I have cheaper glass on guns that kick more than my lapua, and they have held up just fine, I dont have $$$$$$ coming out my ass. I guess I cant fit into your elite club? anyway no one awnsered my Question about the Monstrum scope all I got was Bashing. only a few understood my posititon. I like big guns, Sorry. I will find a scope that will work. and in the future I will install a Nightforce on it but right now no. Everyone keeps saying Cheap china scopes Monstrum is made in USA.

You mentioned that you don’t have a brake on your 300. Well maybe that’s the reason your scope has held up.

Here we go again I just asked about it , in the future nicer glass but noght right now.
if you keep buying cheap scopes youll never make it to the razor. just wait it out and buy a nice optic. But there have been a handful of great alternatives and you've glazed them over. we are trying to help you out man and its not sticking....

check out the bushnell forge and nitro lines, the SWFA is proven as well. if this is you trying to do research then count it as conclusive.

If this goes on much longer you'll go down as another buddly, that's not always a bad thing... for the hide.

I said I cant afford one right now. That is why I am looking at cheaper options. for now .
i have a free vortex crossfire ii i bought back when I was a poor that I’ll send you if you cover shipping. 6-18x and tbh I can’t tell the difference in glass quality or turrets compared to my ZCO or S&B. It’ll forsure hold up to a 338LM or NM or whatever. If it doesn’t, send it back to vortex and get another one until you realize cheap optics don’t belong on heavy ass magnum calibers.

C0992A9C-3ED3-4468-80C8-38EFDB2D228A.jpeg

Hi anyone here have a Monstrum FFP scope 8x32x56 ? if so do you like it? Thanks. I just had a Millitte 6x24x56 lrs 1 go south on me. not happy it was on a 338 lapua with a brake, and not shooting hot loads just middle charge weights, Berger 300 gr, so recoil was not bad. Power zoom ring locked up then chips of junk all through inside of the scope, It is at Bushnell for repair or replace but havent heard from them outher than sending my shipping charge back. 338 l no scope on top ,I am Pissed.
I would second buying an SWFA SS as they are a great value and track super well. You can buy a shim kit from a member here for about $25 to give it a zero stop function as well.

Reactions: Bender
I was attacked with pure bullshit I am not stupid,

Oh yeah you're a victum alright but not of us.

The images below highlight what a piece of crap a Monstrum scope is. The parallax adjustment changes point of aim significantly and the entire windage assembly unscrews when the windage turret is adjusted. A scope with laughable mechanical adjustments is worthless to me especially on a large caliber where if the scope has me chasing my ass to figure out what's going wrong it doesn't take many pulls of the trigger to add up to the price of said junk scope in the first place. Just spend the money and buy a tool that's actually capable of doing what you need done. There's a sucker born every minute.

98bf79b3885b4fe6a91985d06dbede9e.gif

74aa484c1b504ef78416f79d03b1ce95.gif

So should I buy the scope he is putting his faith in or not? My Barrett 99 needs new glass. My weaver V16 didn’t hold up to it.

Well shit. If anyone on this thread had hinted they weren’t any good, I wouldn’t have ordered one. Oh well, will see how it works out.

Hi anyone here have a Monstrum FFP scope 8x32x56 ? if so do you like it? Thanks. I just had a Millitte 6x24x56 lrs 1 go south on me. not happy it was on a 338 lapua with a brake, and not shooting hot loads just middle charge weights, Berger 300 gr, so recoil was not bad. Power zoom ring locked up then chips of junk all through inside of the scope, It is at Bushnell for repair or replace but havent heard from them outher than sending my shipping charge back. 338 l no scope on top ,I am Pissed.

For my money, IOR Valdata, amazing!

Since money is tight, you might want to consider Athlon Optics Neos 6-18 X 44 SFP Scope with 1" tube and splurge on the mount, maybe Badger Ordnance, Leupold, or Vortex. .338 LM recoil is stout, and the etched reticle along with the tighter tolerances of your quality mount would go far in handling these stresses. This scope has parallax adjustment so will aid in your longer distances.

I've got a factory RPR 338 Lapua Mag with the big brake on it, and it does NOT kick bad at all. Just got it recently. My groups are bizarre so far. Starting my own reloads, which always suit me better, and looking to put a much better mount on it, see if those things help. It's shooting about 1.5-2 MOA at 500 and I, too, am pissed. My RPR 6.5CN is a dream, I was hoping the bigger gun would be as well. Shux and then some.

Man. I feel for you to some degree because I don’t think you have a clue what you walked into. I don’t think you know anything about this site. Im not one to post and in fact I used this site for years before I even became a member. It took me all of 1 minute to realize to never ask something like you just did (not that I would). I just hope you can take a deep breath and re-approach how you’re coming at this. Looking at this site for 5 min shows you no one here uses this scope. You failed to do any research not only on the scope itself but on this website as well.

I think that’s where you failed to recognize why it’s irritating to so many to constantly tell you what to do and have you argue with them when you’re the one with the problem and not them. They don’t struggle with these issues regardless of budget as they’ve provided you with great solutions to that problem. Everyone understands budget builds, but the individuals responding to you also know trash. If you think otherwise then I don’t know what you think you will accomplish on this site and I question why you asked this to begin with. It may sound harsh the way you heard it, but essentially in a nicer way, to answer your question, no one has that scope. It would be the recommendation that you chalk that one up to an L. If you want to go down the rabbits hole and chase the never ending issues that you will face with that scope then it’s on you and I advice not to ask any questions regarding it here or you will continue to receive similar responses. However, if you would like to own the mistake of buying a scope that you now realize is trash and would like to take advice moving forward on how to stay on budget and accomplish those same long range goals with your 338 then listen to their responses. They will happily guide you, but don’t think you know more then everyone on this site. I wish you the best and hope you find resolution to your scope issue.

Reactions: OldSalty
Hi,

OP has already moved past this thread guys.....

Sincerely,
Theis
I have several and they work great. However, they are mounted on 25-06, .308 , .257 Robert's and 6.5 cm. Not sure how they will hold up with the heavier calibers.