• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Shooting with ruptured eardrum. No worries or not so much?

Surffshr

Beach Bum
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2009
SoTX
Seems like the right place to ask this question. I'm dang near certain what the doc will say, but I thought I'd ask the members. Going on 2 weeks plus with a ruptured eardrum, and right now I'd say I'm only hearing at <10% of the level pre rupture in that ear. I really would like to go shooting soon, and I'm thinking this may be a while to heal. I was figuring to use both plugs and muffs for protection. I started wondering if taking out plugs would actually hinder healing due to the seal created with them. Anyhow, I'd like to hear...errrr...read what folks think. I'm sure there has been a few busted ear drums here. Thank you.

I'm not a doctor, so I would say do what the man with a decade of specialty schooling tells you to do. Dry fire and load more ammo until you're cleared hot.

Sounds like about the dumbest thing you could do.

I would be waiting until it's completely healed, then waiting another month or two, then using plugs and muffs when I did start shooting again.

Please do not shoot yet,, I've been suffering from ringing in my right ear mainly, do to not protecting my ears properly when being around loud machines and perhaps even hunting without ear protection. Thankfully my condition is improving by protecting my hearing at work around hammering impact guns etc.

Regards,
Dan