• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Would You Sell to Strangers?

G

Victim turns the tables on would-be Craigslist robbers - NBC12 - Richmond, VA News

This has me pissed off!
The guy trying to sell a rifle to these morons is a threat to my gun rights.
Why the fuck would he agree to meet total strangers for a cash for firearms transaction like this?

He put himself and the public in danger by not doing some due diligence and making sure that the buyers were qualified.
Local sale, I'm either going to know you personally, have you vouched for by someone I know, or we're going the FFL route!

We have to do a better job of policing ourselves if we want to keep the few liberties we have.
Imagine selling to someone like this and then reading about a 6 year old got killed in a drive-by with YOUR rifle.

WILMINGTON, NC (WECT) -
Wilmington Police arrested three men in connection to an attempted armed robbery in the 200 block of Lullwater Drive around 12:48 p.m. Wednesday.

According to the WPD, the victim was attempting to sell a rifle to three potential buyers he had met through Craigslist.

As the victim handed over rifle, one suspect took the gun and pointed it back at him. The victim then pulled out a pistol and told the suspect to drop the gun because it was not loaded.

The victim then made all three suspects lay on the ground as he ran away from the scene and called 911.

Officers responded and were able to apprehend the three suspects: Edvis Miquem Galloway, 24, Savon Khalif Hardaway, 18, and Kalmeaice Kawanna Williams, 38.

Officers charged Galloway, Hardaway and Williams with attempted robbery with a dangerous weapon and conspiracy robbery with a dangerous weapon. They were placed in the New Hanover County Jail under a $500,000 secured bond.

Galloway and Hardaway were among several suspects arrested in August on multiple drug and gun charges after police pulled their vehicle over for not having a tag or working brake lights.

Police searched the car and found a 357 revolver, 25 bags of marijuana each weighing 134 grams, and 2 red bandanas.

Galloway was also involved in a stabbing incident in April of this year. According to eyewitnesses, Galloway was approached by several men and stabbed while walking to Freedom House Mini Market on Chestnut Street.

Police arrested three brothers, Adrian, William, and Antonio Point, in connection to Galloway's stabbing.

I'm happy it worked out for him, but he was still a moron for setting up the deal.

The internet is making people more and more stupid everyday. Glad everything worked out in the end. Things could have been a lot worse!

I've sold to strangers over the internet a few times, but it's not something I'm very comfortable with as there is always a risk that the buyers aren't what they seem. I'm not too keen on putting my contact details on an ad for firearms either.

I've sold to strangers over the internet a few times, but it's not something I'm very comfortable with as there is always a risk that the buyers aren't what they seem. I'm not too keen on putting my contact details on an ad for firearms either.

Did you ship to them or to a FFL?

Nope, I've had the buyers pick them up from my home so I could verify that they had the relevant paperwork in order.

Here, in many states, no paperwork is required. Sadly, many sellers are so hungry to make a profit that they will sell to whoever shows up with cash. They don't even confirm ID or do a bill of sale.
It's extremely easy for criminals to get guns this way.

Here is a partial list of goods, services, and content prohibited on craigslist:

• weapons; firearms/guns and components; BB/pellet, stun, and spear guns; etc
  • ammunition, clips, cartridges, reloading materials, gunpowder, fireworks, explosives
  • US military items not demilitarized in accord with Defense Department policy

So if this guy was selling a gun on Craigslist he was in violation of what he agreed to when he signed up for the sight. Doubt he much cared about the harm that the gun could have done so long as he got his cash.

I ask "are you a felon" if they say "no" I then ask for DL/CCW to verify age. I get their full name beforehand and run it through the FLDE website which is free and will tell me if they have warrants or if the gun I'm buying has been reported as stolen.

Here's the link for the FL members if they didn't already have it.

FDLE Public Access System | Stolen Guns Search

The internet is making people more and more stupid everyday. Glad everything worked out in the end. Things could have been a lot worse!

^^^ This

Here is a partial list of goods, services, and content prohibited on craigslist:

• weapons; firearms/guns and components; BB/pellet, stun, and spear guns; etc
  • ammunition, clips, cartridges, reloading materials, gunpowder, fireworks, explosives
  • US military items not demilitarized in accord with Defense Department policy

So if this guy was selling a gun on Craigslist he was in violation of what he agreed to when he signed up for the sight. Doubt he much cared about the harm that the gun could have done so long as he got his cash.

Craigslist and Egay are repugnant to the Constitutional rights of any individaul

As to selling to strangers, any day, any time, as long as they are amicable to sending USPS/Other LEGAL MO or Bank Certified Check UP front, shoot, I'll even cover shipping and transfer for an FFL to FFL purchase if I like the negotiations

I've bought from, and sold to strangers. Some I found out were members here after the transaction.

No problems so far. Always pick a very public place to do business though. Sometimes in the parking lot of a police station.

NV parking lot sales are common, ive bought a few guns in parking lots of stores from people only met on forums for the sale. The ffls here wont let you in the store to complete a transaction.

On internet: FFL
At gun-show, valid ID and bill of sale.
Close friends, no papers.

Man, I saw a Remington 7600 pump in 35 Whelen a few years back on Alaska's List. I had been looking for that particular rifle forever. guy was selling it with a weaver scope for five hundred bucks.

I offered to meet the dude at the local gun shop and run a 4473, he said "Nah dude, that's fine"

I'm a big bearded, sorta scary looking dude. when we met outside of Wasilla in the Parking Lot of the Denali Steakhouse, it was clear that we were both nervous as a virgin on prom night. I had my CCW, he had his, and it felt like a Mexican standoff.

Really nice guy, but by damn I will never buy or sell like that again. the hell with that.

Before CO's new Universal BGC BS law, I just carried my CCW and required either a look at their CCW permit, Military ID, or DL w/bill of sale signed by both parties.

Now, with the new law, it's actually fairly easy, we meet at an FFL that's willing to do private transfers, and we get it done. No pass, no gun. I hate that the law is there now but honestly it's kinda nice for internet based sales, there's no BS. But the fees suck $10 to CBI plus whatever the FFL wants for it.

It it has nothing to do with the net, most people are like domesticated animals - trusting and dumb. They are conditioned to please others. 98% of the world will allow someone asking for the time to break their personal space, 99.9% if the one making the request is clean, presentable, and from a preferred demographic.

99% of this shit can be solved by having common sense

1. Dealing with people who have good feeback/ known on the gunboard/shooting community
2. Meet in a well lit, nuetral spot that both parties feel safe.
3. ALWAYS go armed, OC preferably.
4. Pay attention to surroundings, Don't put yourself in a blind spot where someone can sneak up on you, and be ready to draw and fire if shit goes sideways fast.
5. Take an armed friend with you, but if you follow 1-3, you dont really need to.

Bought and sold tons of shit over the years. Never had anything but a pleasant/good deal that both parties walked away from happy. Don't missrepresent what you are looking to sell and be honest. Hell half the people I have met are LE/FEDLE and had no idea untill they showed up in their uniforms.

Anyone who buys/sells gun shit on craigslist/backpage desrerves whatever stupid prize they are trying to win.

The flip side is the morons out there who Want to do a Bill of Sale or meet at an FFL to run a background check.

The whole point of doing FTF, is to avoid the papertrail. Half these dickheads listen to other dickheads that tell them the need a bill of sale. Know the laws of your state.

Otherwise I will walk into a gunstore and buy it for CHEAPER and not deal with the risk that the other guy is not on the level.

As to the OP: maybe the "victim" was actually a hunter. Look at the first names of the 3 scum-bags. Maybe there wasn't even a firing pin in the rifle. Think outside of the box.

charles-bronson.jpg