• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes 50% off a Minox scope with purchase of a M18 rifle at EO

If we are just going based on sound, mine sound closer to your older one. However, the amount of play in my turrets is extremely minimal if any, so it compares more to your newer one in that aspect.

As far as tension between adjustments, well I just don't know as there is no way for me to tell just off a vid...
The "play" or wiggle is probably the most scrutinized, the tension or the sound of the clicks is not quite as important to most I have found. Sound, tension, etc. comes down mostly to personal preference, but the play is definitely the major detractor, it sounds like newer scopes are definitely doing better in this area.

The "play" or wiggle is probably the most scrutinized, the tension of the sound of the clicks is not quite as important to most I have found. Sound, tension, etc. comes down mostly to personal preference, but the play is definitely the major detractor, it sounds like newer scopes are definitely doing better in this area.

I agree. And to be fair to my copy, it may just be as loud if not louder than your newer one, volume is also difficult to judge via video. However, it is the tone of my copy that I think compared more to your older one. All in all, this does not bother me one bit.

Okay, let me know if this works, I tried to do a video of both the old (purchased Sept. 2016) and the brand new (Nov. 2019) ZP5 and compare the turrets between the two. I always thought my turrets on the old ZP5 were decent and even though they had some play they always landed on their mark, but the new ones remind me of the Kahles scopes I've had which have very distinct clicks and very little play.

The only ZP5 I’ve ever had the pleasure of playing with was like your most recent scope. I have the Kahles K525i and the turrets are very similar in sound and feel, glass is a small step above though. I was so impressed by the ZP5 that I sold my M7Xi to my buddy and Just placed and order with Blaser USA.
Thanks again for pointing out the deal on the other thread last week, I was actually looking at one at Optics Planet for $2,400 shipped.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Are there any aftermarket stocks for the M18?
For that reason, I went with a Mauser M12 300 Wn Mag instead - 899 at EuroOptic instead of the listed 1899 price.
I just got the rifle yesterday, the M12 has a beautiful stock, great action. For an additional 400 over the M18, you get the upgraded and higher quality Mauser M12 action, on a beautiful wood stock, instead of the M18 synthetic stock.

Paid more than what I would have for an M18, but the M12 is worth the additional money, IMHO.
I would do it again.

If anyone knows of someone with an extra coupon they're not going to use, please send them my way. I want another 3-15 for a hunting rifle.

Thanks

This deal just happened to be perfect for me, I planned on picking up another ZP5 next year so my 6.5 and 300 would have the same optic, for this amount of money you can't touch what the ZP5 offers so it was a no brainer. Got mine in last week and couldn't be happier, although I need taller rings now.

I even managed to sell the m18 for 100 more than I paid. Win win all around

They got 25 MR4s in last night so a lot of guys will be getting their scopes soon.
3 are coming this way ?
Nice, I want more, but am okay with 2 for now, hoping something at SHOT might really catch my eye... something usually does :D

I guess I'm the oddball here. I'm going between two 5-25's with MR4 or one 5-25 and one 3-15 (makes me wish I'd bought another M18....lol). Wondering about FOV benefits on an 800-900 yard gasser in 308. I know what I'm doing with the 5-25. So I guess FOV versus commonality. Not overly thrilled with the 3-15 reticle being 0.5 mil. Though it's definitely less cluttered. But for fast follow up, MR4 seems to be where it is.

I know...you guys will say 3-15 so you can get another 5-25, right ? :) :)

Called Blaser, was told 3-15 is no more. Discontinued.
Too bad, I really like the 5-25 and was gonna put the 3-15 on a smaller setup.

That would probable explain why the turrets on my new 3-15 feel the same as my old 5-25. No reason to update something you aren't going to produce anymore.

I may be fucked then lol...

If they can't repair my 3-15 after hunting season when I send it in, i guess they won't have anything to replace it with hahaha...

Oh boy!!! Let's just hope luck is on my side when I get to that!

???

Would also explain why cstactical has the MR2 3-15 for 2k. Which, really is a good deal even if only the center is illuminated. Thanks again though. That saved me some time, and time is of the essence.

Has anybody found a rail that would mount to the top of the M18's? Not that I'd put this bad boy on it, but wouldn't mind having a cheaper optic on the M18.

Would also explain why cstactical has the MR2 3-15 for 2k. Which, really is a good deal even if only the center is illuminated. Thanks again though. That saved me some time, and time is of the essence.

Has anybody found a rail that would mount to the top of the M18's? Not that I'd put this bad boy on it, but wouldn't mind having a cheaper optic on the M18.
I believe any long action 700 rail will work.

Hopefully this means a 3-20 or 4-20 is coming out. The 3-15 really is my favorite optic across the board and was just about to buy a rifle to get the cert to get another. Sold one to get the ZCO 4-20, and another for a 3-20US. Wishing I kept the ZP5s.

Reactions: duramaxed
Either of those would be a nice option. I'd bet 4-20 of the two

Hopefully this means a 3-20 or 4-20 is coming out. The 3-15 really is my favorite optic across the board and was just about to buy a rifle to get the cert to get another. Sold one to get the ZCO 4-20, and another for a 3-20US. Wishing I kept the ZP5s.

Do you really find yourself preferring the ZP5 3-15x50 over the ZCO 4-20???

That's the scope on my dream list haha. I remember when I first saw the ZP5 on the interwebs and thought there was no way ever I would one day get to the point of getting up to that level. Now that I have one, I know that eventually I'll want more and more and slowly trade up to it or save up for better.

Maybe ill see a smoking deal on the ZCO and may want and up getting it. But curious on your thoughts about it...

Do you really find yourself preferring the ZP5 3-15x50 over the ZCO 4-20???

That's the scope on my dream list haha. I remember when I first saw the ZP5 on the interwebs and thought there was no way ever I would one day get to the point of getting up to that level. Now that I have one, I know that eventually I'll want more and more and slowly trade up to it or save up for better.

Maybe ill see a smoking deal on the ZCO and may want and up getting it. But curious on your thoughts about it...
Read the review I did with Jwknutson17 in my signature link on alpha class ultra shorts. The ZP5 3-15 hung in there with the Schmidt, Kahles and ZCO. If I had to choose and money was not an issue I would pick the ZCO, but if you don’t really need over 15x then is the ZCO worth $1500 more than the ZP5?

Reactions: stello1001
Are you sure they meant the entire 3-15 line or just the 3-15 with MR2 reticle? I would be shocked if they cancelled the whole line unless they have a 4-20 up their sleeve... even better would be an FFP version of the Blaser Infinity 4-20x58 or 2.8-20x50!!!

Would also explain why cstactical has the MR2 3-15 for 2k.
I contacted them last month but they were all sold out, did they get more in?

I haven't called anybody at cstactical to see if the MR2 is in stock. It's just listed. I guess I could call Blaser today and see if they are totally out of stock or just the MR2.

Are you sure they meant the entire 3-15 line or just the 3-15 with MR2 reticle? I would be shocked if they cancelled the whole line unless they have a 4-20 up their sleeve... even better would be an FFP version of the Blaser Infinity 4-20x58 or 2.8-20x50!!!

Was told the 3-15s. The 5-25s outsell them by a wide margin so they're dropping the line.

Was told the 3-15s. The 5-25s outsell them by a wide margin so they're dropping the line.
Certainly if the general populous is like The Hide that’s the case ?. I was looking at the 3-15 for practical shooting and not paper punching but the FOV of the 5-25 is about spot on to the old USO SN3 that a buddy of mine used last I shot 1000 yds.

Okay, let me know if this works, I tried to do a video of both the old (purchased Sept. 2016) and the brand new (Nov. 2019) ZP5 and compare the turrets between the two. I always thought my turrets on the old ZP5 were decent and even though they had some play they always landed on their mark, but the new ones remind me of the Kahles scopes I've had which have very distinct clicks and very little play.

Yep, the turrets are MUCH improved. The one I saw at SHOT in January was perfect in every way. I think we will see a lot more ZP5's in matches next year.

Reactions: Glassaholic
Yep, the turrets are MUCH improved. The one I saw at SHOT in January was perfect in every way. I think we will see a lot more ZP5's in matches next year.
Especially after the 50% deal, I would be curious how many more scopes Minox has sold with this deal than they did beforehand.

Still seems odd they would drop the line instead of just ramping down production. If they made a ZP5 3-15 LT like the TT315M I think that would sell a lot more, but even more than that I'd love to see a new design like the Infinity line that GSO designed for Blaser, ILya has mentioned those scopes are very impressive but their reticles and turrets are a bit lacking, so would love to see a new ZP5 and if they announce or show one at SHOT next month I'd be elated.

Reactions: MOUNTIC
I'm beginning to wonder how long it's going to take them to email me the coupon so I can purchase. Doesn't appear to be in my junk mail.

I'm beginning to wonder how long it's going to take them to email me the coupon so I can purchase. Doesn't appear to be in my junk mail.
Worth a call to them. I had the same problem, called and talked to Yim, and she resolved it on the spot.

Worth a call to them. I had the same problem, called and talked to Yim, and she resolved it on the spot.

Same for me. I gave it two business days and then called. Some submissions must not go through. I then emailed Yim directly with the required documentation and she got me squared away.

I spoke with Yim and she said there's a backlog on the coupons because each discount code has to originate from Germany . With end of year and Christmas coming up, lots of folks in Germany are out and things are slow. Will probably get worse.

I just submitted another one this morning, will probably take a few days for the code to come back.

For those of you still on the fence about this deal, here's my quick review/take on it. I got a Mauser M12 wood stock 300 Win Mag from EuroOptic, then got a Mauser M18 Synthetic 243 Win from them as well.

Mauser M12 300 Win Mag:
Picked it up for 899 (MSRP 1899). Beautiful rifle. The stock is immaculate. The action is solid, smooth and cycles perfectly. Compared to my Curtis Custom Axiom action, I say the Mauser M12 action tolerance is a little tight, so if greased, feels draggy. it prefers to run oiled thinly. The trigger is crisp and breaks perfect. The M12 deserves to be hung on a wall as it is beautiful like an African safari rifle.

Mauser M18 243 Win:
Picked it up for 399. Talk about the synthetic stock feeling hollow is over-hyped. The stock is solid and feels good as a working rifle. The action and trigger is obviously not as good as the M12's, but is still smooth by any measure., although it does make a"zipping" sound when cycled fast. It also prefers to run oiled thinly. Trigger is crisp, but trigger blade is plastic. It is obviously a step down from the M12, but is well built nonetheless.

For the price and the 50% Minox code, these deals are hard to beat. I picked up the M18 243 Win for my 9 year old son as a trainer rifle using low recoil ammo. I picked up the M12 300 Win Mag for myself. We will probably shoot the hell out of the M18, while the M12 will be used for hunting and will be handed down.

Maybe someone here will have some insite or experience with this issue.

I just tried using my second discount code to pick up a md60zr spotting scope. Added the spotter to cart applied the code filled everything out correctly all fine and dandy (I did take a screen shot of my cart with the code entered and the discount total applied incase something like this did happen) Went to check out and got a screen where I had to do a secondary verification due to the price with my bank so minox usa website directed me to a screen where they sent me a verification # to use to authorize the purchase with my card due to the amount. I made 100% sure the code was entered as it was sent to me clicked submit and got a declined transaction page on minox USAs website.

So I tried again re added the scope to my cart tried the code again now its saying my code isn't valid. Has anyone else here had this issue? I hope I didnt just loose my discount. I've tried emailing minox 4 times before for other reasons and have never receive anything back from them. Really hoping their customer service will straighten this out and get my code to work.

It’s called Texas! It’s next to Mexico and that’s where a lot of fraud comes from. My bank blocks all transactions with my debit card in Texas and New Jersey!