• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

5000 meters+ Supersonic (*Updated with pics*)

Re: 5000 meters+ Supersonic

Muzzle energy is 38-40,000 ft lbs. at the muzzle.,,

So, what's the muzzle energy at 1000 yds?

LOL

Update soon. Working on some issues with a particular component.....

Got the solution for you right here.

ball_peen_hammer.jpg

I can't seem to post pics, just got a pic of the muzzle brake that I will pickup at SHOT can someone post it if I email them?

Looks great cant wait to see more pics of this rifle and to see a finished product.

wow this thing better be the most bad ass rifle even ! good luck

I have a pic of the barrel. Can someone post it for me if I send it to them?

20mm Vulcan next to the barrel for comparison. Thanks to Boots Obermyer for all his work!

can't wait to see it all together.

oh wow very nice cant wait to see how amazing it will be when you finish it.

That 20mm looks mighty small
blush.gif

Holy shit that is sweeeet. I can't wait til you get this thing together, so you can tell all the haters to go sucka biggin!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmpeter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are the dimensions on that thing, or is that top secret confidential information? </div></div>

The last guy that asked that is not here anymore.
smirk.gif

Barrel is HUGE right now just because its a test platform. 48" around 70 lbs!

I hear ya! and here I thought my 9 3/4lb barrel was a meatball! (I finally got to lay my hands on my build..... well parts anyway, this past weekend)

I won't troll with the rest about your estimated accuracy claims but I can say for damn certain that whatever that hits (man, tree, house, boat, hell -houseboat) is gonna have one big-ass hole in it at ANY range. To hell with how accurate it ends up being (that's a project for another day), the bragging rights you'll own for the rest of your life will be without measure. Bet the smile on your face the first time you shoot it will be worth ever minute. So yeah, after 4 hours of reading this entire thread (no shit I read every painful word) I want to see it finished so YOU, my brother, get to sit back in your chair, look around to the shocked faces around you, and think to yourself... <span style="font-weight: bold">YES MOTHERFUCKERS, I AM THE MAN!! </span> I hope somebody has a camera not pointed at the gun but your face for the next 30 seconds after it goes off.
cool.gif

oh dang right i would be smiling for a long time after shooting this one thats for sure

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Savager</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I won't troll with the rest about your estimated accuracy claims but I can say for damn certain that whatever that hits (man, tree, house, boat, hell -houseboat) is gonna have one big-ass hole in it at ANY range. To hell with how accurate it ends up being (that's a project for another day), the bragging rights you'll own for the rest of your life will be without measure. Bet the smile on your face the first time you shoot it will be worth ever minute. So yeah, after 4 hours of reading this entire thread (no shit I read every painful word) I want to see it finished so YOU, my brother, get to sit back in your chair, look around to the shocked faces around you, and think to yourself... <span style="font-weight: bold">YES MOTHERFUCKERS, I AM THE MAN!! </span> I hope somebody has a camera not pointed at the gun but your face for the next 30 seconds after it goes off.
cool.gif
</div></div>

+1,000,000

Absolutely right on! Screwed the nay sayers. Anyone and all of the guys in history got laughed at when they when they attempted or stated the impossible (Columbus, Edison, Einstein) , but they definately had the last laugh! More power to you brother. I wish you success.

Totally agree with the last posts. I wish all the best and good luck on further development!

Thanks guys...I'm at SHOT right now, but when I get back things should start MoVING! Picked up the brake today from Elite Iron. Wait until you see the suppresor 22" long 3" diamter!

who made the can for you?! That will make it much more bearable to let the hammer down on that beast!

Dale @ Elite Iron is making the can! Same guy who made the muzzle brake. Time for another day @ SHOT!

Jon, you have to send me some pics of the shot show when you get home! and def. pics of that can!! I have never even heard of one that large, and I will not ever ask how much you have wrapped in any component let alone the whole deal but how much are you going to charge for "admission" to check it out when it's done?? LOL

Just tried putting the brake on the barrel. Looks like it's about a 1/4" off as far as diameter. My muzzle threads are 1.5"x14 1.5" long. Brake is 1.25. So.....back to Montana it goes! 17-4ph steel is going to be tough to machine, but Dale says it's no problem. More soon. Still recovering from Vegas...

Looking forward to see the suppressor for this thing, let alone the entire build!

Good work saojao, I love seeing builds such as this!

Doubled that thing is no where near what Jon is doing. The ballistics on that fat heavy jdj at their velocities makes it a small cannon, no doubt. But the exterior ballistics just aren't there. Jon's 14.5 ops is going to be something to truly admire if the accuracy is there. I shutter to think what the terminal effects would be on anything, even at an insane range.

yup, I'm burning 690gr.-758gr. of powder, and using a ignition system inside my case.(1,690gr projo or 1,020gr.projo) I think JD is based on a 50 cal case. Need to clear some things up though...the actual bore diameter on my rifle is .577 groove diameter is .587. So in reality my cartridge is a 14.9mm! Not really a big deal, but I thought I should clear that up. I have switched to calling it a 14.9mm because a lot of the people making components for the rifle were geting confused. So from now on, its a 14.9mm lol!
A little on the cartridge...COAL is 6.5-7.25" depending on projo. Velocity for the NEW case design is speculated (General Dynamics) around 3,350fps-3,600 fps. Keep in mind these are not written in stone! I have a 1020 projo which should hit 4,000 fps + Keep in mind these are guesses from General Dynamics. Gas pressure @ the muzzle will be in the ball park of 16,000 - 22,000 PSI. Muzzle energy is 42,000 - 45,000 ft lbs. Recoil is 218 ft lbs of free recoil, Recoil velocity estimate 21 fps.
I literally have just about every powder made, and some that people don't know were made! I should be headed up to PA. In the next few weeks as soon as Dale gets the muzzle brake back to me. I will get this thing put together, and load testing will start! Bowstryder, I'm sure you will be able to hear me from Grottoes! Everyone PLEASE remember these are all guesses based on General Dynamics speculations, based on info from my last case design! PS...I'm horrible @ designing rifles, I like to stick with internal Ballistics and case design, so don't expect a bad ass test rifle lol! Thanks for all the help! -Jon

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: saojao</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yup, I'm burning 690gr.-758gr. of powder, and using a ignition system inside my case.(1,690gr projo or 1,020gr.projo) I think JD is based on a 50 cal case. Need to clear some things up though...the actual bore diameter on my rifle is .577 groove diameter is .587. So in reality my cartridge is a 14.9mm! Not really a big deal, but I thought I should clear that up. I have switched to calling it a 14.9mm because a lot of the people making components for the rifle were geting confused. So from now on, its a 14.9mm lol!
A little on the cartridge...COAL is 6.5-7.25" depending on projo. Velocity for the NEW case design is speculated (General Dynamics) around 3,350fps-3,600 fps. Keep in mind these are not written in stone! I have a 1020 projo which should hit 4,000 fps + Keep in mind these are guesses from General Dynamics. Gas pressure @ the muzzle will be in the ball park of 16,000 - 22,000 PSI. Muzzle energy is 42,000 - 45,000 ft lbs. Recoil is 218 ft lbs of free recoil, Recoil velocity estimate 21 fps.
I literally have just about every powder made, and some that people don't know were made! I should be headed up to PA. In the next few weeks as soon as Dale gets the muzzle brake back to me. I will get this thing put together, and load testing will start! Bowstryder, I'm sure you will be able to hear me from Grottoes! Everyone PLEASE remember these are all guesses based on General Dynamics speculations, based on info from my last case design! PS...I'm horrible @ designing rifles, I like to stick with internal Ballistics and case design, so don't expect a bad ass test rifle lol! Thanks for all the help! -Jon
</div></div>

I will be headed to Ordinance Research in Ehprata PA