• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm Sherman Short Mag

I figured with the shoulder getting pushed back on the s.s. it wouldn’t chamber to be able to fireform the ADG brass? Maybe I’m misunderstanding ya is all.

In my talks with Rich, they are making his brass on the same run as the SAUM but they are pushing the shoulders back so that it can chamber in the SS. It will look identical to brass you would otherwise resize in a shortened SAUM die and you won't have to turn the neck to remove the doughnut. Basically, buy it, shoot it to fireform and you have SS headstamped brass.

Reactions: jafo96 and 5RWill
You might want to call Chad on this. I got a email back from him, maybe I misunderstood his email, saying he does not do rented reamers, yet he has done a few 6.5ss in the past.
I got a guy doing a 7ss, guess I’ll wait for reamers to become avail or find a place to do a prefit for my target savage action. Maybe I’ll try diamond t rifles from the post above and get a gauge to install it from rich for the 6.5ss
Idk then. I just saw one from LRI in that thread. I think I’m going to go local this time with David Gray at Deep South Tactical. I’ve already talked to him and he said he do it. Buddy of mine uses him and swears by him. I know the guns he has from him are hammers. And he’s chambered plenty of proof barrels before. They built a rifle for Timney at SHOT this year.

Reactions: Tjfarmer
In my talks with Rich, they are making his brass on the same run as the SAUM but they are pushing the shoulders back so that it can chamber in the SS. It will look identical to brass you would otherwise resize in a shortened SAUM die and you won't have to turn the neck to remove the doughnut. Basically, buy it, shoot it to fireform and you have SS headstamped brass.
Ok, now that’s what he told me, just didn’t sound right.

Hi guys, rich sherman here I don't know how often I can get on here but will try to check in occasionally. Things have gotten crazy with the Sherman Cats and I only have so much social media time. The head stamped brass becoming available has kind of opened the floodgates! Anyway; I thought I might clear up a few questions.
The long action SHERMAN design is based on the 270W case and is chambered in 6.5, 270, 280, 300, 338, and a guy is getting ready to put a 35 together. Ballistics in each is very comparable to the factory versions of the WM.
THE SS line is chambered in 6.5 thru 338 and are the ballistic equivalent of the long action Shermans with 4 grains less capacity and all under 3" coal.
The SST is basically a SS with a 30 degree shoulder and shorter throat (Sherman Short Tactical). It was designed for PRS and I run the 147 ELDM @ 3107 with a 2.770" coal.
There will soon be a 6mm version that should push the 115 DTAC or Berger near 3500!
I am currently prepping Norma Saum brass for the ss and sst which is ready to fire form with bullets. The sst can run full loads and the SS should be reduced 7 or 8 percent because the shoulder needs blown out along with body taper. We are getting double digit loading. ADG head stamped brass will be available this summer for the ss and sst in 6.5 and 7 mm. They can be easily necked up or down to other bore sizes as all the bodies are the same. I will be taking pre orders soon when I get the website up. Probably @ shermanwildcatcartridges.com. I have to order a years run of brass, so it would be wise to pre order if you are interested!
You can also catch me on long range hunting online magazine forum or face book @ Rich Sherman/ wildcat cartridge page.

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_144313610.jpg
    IMG_20180205_144313610.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_20180205_124916210.jpg
    IMG_20180205_124916210.jpg
    301.9 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG_20180205_115008918.jpg
    IMG_20180205_115008918.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_20180205_140607269.jpg
    IMG_20180205_140607269.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_20180205_145133483.jpg
    IMG_20180205_145133483.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_20180205_162737039_LL.jpg
    IMG_20180205_162737039_LL.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 251
Hi guys, rich sherman here I don't know how often I can get on here but will try to check in occasionally. Things have gotten crazy with the Sherman Cats and I only have so much social media time. The head stamped brass becoming available has kind of opened the floodgates! Anyway; I thought I might clear up a few questions.
The long action SHERMAN design is based on the 270W case and is chambered in 6.5, 270, 280, 300, 338, and a guy is getting ready to put a 35 together. Ballistics in each is very comparable to the factory versions of the WM.
THE SS line is chambered in 6.5 thru 338 and are the ballistic equivalent of the long action Shermans with 4 grains less capacity and all under 3" coal.
The SST is basically a SS with a 30 degree shoulder and shorter throat (Sherman Short Tactical). It was designed for PRS and I run the 147 ELDM @ 3107 with a 2.770" coal.
There will soon be a 6mm version that should push the 115 DTAC or Berger near 3500!
I am currently prepping Norma Saum brass for the ss and sst which is ready to fire form with bullets. The sst can run full loads and the SS should be reduced 7 or 8 percent because the shoulder needs blown out along with body taper. We are getting double digit loading. ADG head stamped brass will be available this summer for the ss and sst in 6.5 and 7 mm. They can be easily necked up or down to other bore sizes as all the bodies are the same. I will be taking pre orders soon when I get the website up. Probably @ shermanwildcatcartridges.com. I have to order a years run of brass, so it would be wise to pre order if you are interested!
You can also catch me on long range hunting online magazine forum or face book @ Rich Sherman/ wildcat cartridge page.
Thanks for the official update

Proof came in today! May can't get here fast enough. Looking forward to the site.

I wouldn't mind setting my saum barrel back and rechambering it if the adg brass is worth a shit.

Hi guys! I've been out of touch for a bit so I will try to get up to speed. If I miss any info that you need, just sing out.
The ADG brass is now being offered for pre order for $250/100. Everything that I have heard is it is excellent quality. It will all come properly head spaced and stamped in 6.5 sst, 6.5 SS, and 7ss. All will come with a 7mm neck. The sst can be fired with full loads as only a little taper is being blown out. The ss should be reduced about 8-10 percent as the 40 degree shoulder is being formed. Other calibers can be easily formed from the above.
Reamers are now available for purchase or rental. Dies and prepped Norma brass are in stock. I also can order hydro form dies if wanted.
July is the production target from ADG but I should have brass to test in June.
I would recommend pre order to be absolutely sure you will have brass available because I have to guess on what a years supply is??

Reactions: 5RWill and jafo96
I went went ahead and ordered 50pcs. So the 7 SS will need to be fireformed?

Also rich do you think you’ll have a yearly run of brass from ADG if it turns out and offer prepped Norma or is the goal eventually to have ADG be the sole supplier

Also rich do you think you’ll have a yearly run of brass from ADG if it turns out and offer prepped Norma or is the goal eventually to have ADG be the sole supplier

My understanding from Rich is that he plans to discontinue the prepped Norma brass when the ADG headstamped comes available.

:cool:

Yes, the shoulder needs to be formed. I do plan on a yearly supply but will have some prepped Norma, at least for a while.
My understanding from Rich is that he plans to discontinue the prepped Norma brass when the ADG headstamped comes available.
For the most part, that's true but I may do some special orders?

Reactions: 5RWill
I saw that, Ill order the brass, dies, and reamer from you soon. Need to run down a barrel and get the bolt head and extractor for my rifle also.

Reactions: ShermanR
I saw that, Ill order the brass, dies, and reamer from you soon. Need to run down a barrel and get the bolt head and extractor for my rifle also.
Contact Josh at PVA. I believe he will be offering SS barrels soon

Their Chamber Reamer Inventory must not be up to date, but I know they have a 7 Sherman Short Mag. There is a post on their facebook page with one they chambered.

36338149_1735420323219385_4852780575909478400_n.jpg

Reactions: 5RWill and jafo96
Reamer was customer supplied when I talked to him the day after your post. But show interest of getting one at least

Their Chamber Reamer Inventory must not be up to date, but I know they have a 7 Sherman Short Mag. There is a post on their facebook page with one they chambered.

36338149_1735420323219385_4852780575909478400_n.jpg

Do they have a reamer inventory list posted somewhere?

I found the reamer list on his website. I haven't called or emailed to confirm they had one. I'm waiting until the brass is actually available, I'm not thrilled with paying full upfront for something that is not available and has not been produced.

I found the reamer list on his website. I haven't called or emailed to confirm they had one. I'm waiting until the brass is actually available, I'm not thrilled with paying full upfront for something that is not available and has not been produced.
The brass is being shipped this week and will be posted again on the site shortly

Just got my sendero lite exchanged for a sendero. Got the magnum bolt face in for the impact just gotta get it back from PVA and I’ll be getting the action and barrel to David at DST to chamber it.

Reactions: ShermanR
Got my 7 SS put together and just got the dies in. A buddy gave me some of his fireformed norma till the ADG preordered brass comes in but it’s been very impressive during the barrel brake in. Bought a bunch of the 175 and 195 Berger’s to shoot with it.

Just waiting on the proof barrel for my 300 Sherman mag. You can’t be afraid to form brass but these are incredibly well thought out cartridges and Rich has been great to talk with and answered all of my questions. Already thinking about a 6.5 SST

It’s the top rifle in the picture below

Attachments

• BFBFFE1B-5974-4FC6-B954-E5E148928892.jpeg
    BFBFFE1B-5974-4FC6-B954-E5E148928892.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 83
Reactions: jafo96
Mine is kinda slower than expected but its accurate

What kind of speed are you getting Bjay?

Nvm just saw the other post. That is rather slow. I'm shooting for 2900-3000 with 180gr ELD-Ms with the 24" proof. I have a feeling i'll have to push. Ended up switching the 1in8 sendero lite for a 1in8.4 sendero, i was looking to move up. I'll be pretty much using RL26 exclusively.

Reactions: bjay
What kind of speed are you getting Bjay?

Nvm just saw the other post. That is rather slow. I'm shooting for 2900-3000 with 180gr ELD-Ms with the 24" proof. I have a feeling i'll have to push. Ended up switching the 1in8 sendero lite for a 1in8.4 sendero, i was looking to move up. I'll be pretty much using RL26 exclusively.

Is yours a repeater? How does it feed? On the surface I’m a bit worried about the lack of taper and 40 degree shoulder being a rough feeding round, and backing down to a 30degree sst seems fruitless compared to just seating a regular saum slightly deep.

This is a cartridge I’ve been trying to convince myself on for a while I just keep dipping my toe in and then not committing

Is yours a repeater? How does it feed? On the surface I’m a bit worried about the lack of taper and 40 degree shoulder being a rough feeding round, and backing down to a 30degree sst seems fruitless compared to just seating a regular saum slightly deep.

This is a cartridge I’ve been trying to convince myself on for a while I just keep dipping my toe in and then not committing
It is a repeater. Though it isn't finished yet. I had to send the impact with the PVA barrel back to PVA to let them fit it for headspacing since it closed on a no go. Just hoping the turn around is quick because i want to get the impact with the magnum bolt to Deep South so David can go ahead and grab a reamer from Rich and chamber this thing. All i'm missing is powder really. I'll be running alpha and accurate mags, truthfully not expecting any feeding issues but we'll have to see.

Reactions: DangerRanger
It is a repeater. Though it isn't finished yet. I had to send the impact with the PVA barrel back to PVA to let them fit it for headspacing since it closed on a no go. Just hoping the turn around is quick because i want to get the impact with the magnum bolt to Deep South so David can go ahead and grab a reamer from Rich and chamber this thing. All i'm missing is powder really. I'll be running alpha and accurate mags, truthfully not expecting any feeding issues but we'll have to see.
Mine is single shot :) i spoke with rich and he said my 7ss can be reamed with the 7mm max..hmmm i might?

Mine is single shot :) i spoke with rich and he said my 7ss can be reamed with the 7mm max..hmmm i might?

I would since your single feeding anyway. Would get you a bump for sure. Though if you don't feel like doing any of that i might just try RL26 before that.

I would since your single feeding anyway. Would get you a bump for sure. Though if you don't feel like doing any of that i might just try RL26 before that.
My island paradise of hawaii cant find a way to bring them unicorn..those new ALLIANT powder and vhita are hard to find

My island paradise of hawaii cant find a way to bring them unicorn..those new ALLIANT powder and vhita are hard to find

Damn i mean to your point i haven't found any in 6 months. I need to find an 8Lb jug or i'm gonna be stuck with h1000.

Damn i mean to your point i haven't found any in 6 months. I need to find an 8Lb jug or i'm gonna be stuck with h1000.
Me and rich sherman not getting higher fps using h1000 vs retumbo on 7ss..the RL26 is the ticket..you people in the state buying it all lol

Reactions: 5RWill
I’m getting Berger 180 Hybrids to 2,980 FPS with H1000 out of a 28-in barrel with my TL3/7SS. I haven’t tried RL26 yet but I’m getting SDs in the 4-5 range so I probably won’t bother. Haven’t tried EOL 195s yet either.

Feeds great from AccurateMag WSM magazines (10 rounds with Area419 base pads). Haven’t stretched it out past 1,250 yards yet, but I’m getting there with only 9.6 mils. 7SS is legit and tons of fun.

I’m getting Berger 180 Hybrids to 2,980 FPS with H1000 out of a 28-in barrel with my TL3/7SS. I haven’t tried RL26 yet but I’m getting SDs in the 4-5 range so I probably won’t bother. Haven’t tried EOL 195s yet either.

Feeds great from AccurateMag WSM magazines (10 rounds with Area419 base pads). Haven’t stretched it out past 1,250 yards yet, but I’m getting there with only 9.6 mils. 7SS is legit and tons of fun.
Whats your charge using h1000

62.0 grains is my charge with H1000 & Berger 180s.15 thousandths jump but can’t remember the exact length. A bit under 2.92. I tried up to 63 but got occasional spikey hot rounds so I backed off.

Reactions: jafo96