• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Best home defense is no suppressor? / zero distance

So you want to put your two cents in on a political stance AND THEN tell someone to take it somewhere else. Nice.

Nah, I'll call anti-military zealots out in stride to let military personnel on this site know who their haters are
It was more of a suggestion for both of us. That’s what “Let’s” means (Let us). The “start a thread “ part was if you actually want to follow through and hear a perspective that doesn’t blindly adhere to propaganda. That’s all. Up to you my man.

Personally, if I have time to put on ears, I have time to get the family out, including myself.

It takes less than 3 seconds to put on ear muffs that are lying next to the weapon

You can get your family out of the house in less than 5 seconds?

LOL

Anyway, I'm not surrendering my home to anyone

Last edited:
It takes less than 3 seconds to put on ear muffs that are lying next to the weapon

You can get your family out of the house in less than 5 seconds?

LOL

Anyway, I'm not surrendering my home to anyone
I said, “I” you faggot illiterate fuck. How many post have I made on this thread where I expressively mention that I don’t sleep with a rifle or ear pro like a POG that never had to you stupid fucking idiot.

Reactions: wade2big
So you want to put your two cents in on a political stance AND THEN tell someone to take it somewhere else. Nice.

Nah, I'll call anti-military zealots out in stride to let military personnel on this site know who their haters are

Do you understand the words you’re using?

I’m a anti military zealot? What are you going on about?

I’m not anti military at all, I’m obviously against pointless wars, as are most Americans, and I don’t see any honor in fighting in occupations that lacked honor in their inception.

It’s like this, I can be both pro gun and anti armed robbery, I can fully support someone defending their home with a gun, or doing sport shooting with a gun, while at the same time be fully against someone raping someone at gun point or a armed car jacking

And just the same I am fully supportive of our military protecting us from china, or god willing one day the guard actually fending off the illegal hoards invading from our south, WHILE being fully against our military fucking with the Middle East under our name and with my tax dollars.

It does take a 8th grade level of comprehension I know, but read what I wrote a few times, sound out the larger words and let me know if you need help

I think you’ve derailed this topic enough

What are you using for amplified hearing protection? While the sounds may be amplified to “scared deer” levels, one thing that has always been missing from the amplified muffs that I have used is directionality. Sure, I can hear the sound, but I’ve lost the ability to detect where the sound is coming from.

I’d be interested in his opinions on this as well

…He thinks our servicemen and service women are bootlickers to an illegitimate government. His words.
Quote for me where I used the words “illegitimate government”

I’ll wait

I also don’t think I used the word boot lickers, however they do have to obey their chain of command, what I have said that ruffles some panties is that over all the entrance requirements for the mil are not very high, and the danger factor for most of the mil is not that high ether when compared to many jobs stateside, this doesn’t not go over well with the hero worship crowd

Last edited:
I've shot coyotes from a second floor window of my house with an unsupressed AR with no ear pro. Not for the faint of heart. Just saying

• Haha
Reactions: wade2big
Nope. I want to keep my overall package small so 11.5" is going to be much easier to clear space with than 16+". Less telegraphing when going through doorways and easier to pie the room.

In a L&D situation, ears and concussion are irrelevant. You aren't on a SWAT/Hit Team. You don't have someone as your #2,3,4.

Most of the arguements and reasons stipulate for or against are just plain retarded. Use common sense.

Kind of surprised to hear so many people having more than a pistol next to their bed. Only time I ever had a rifle next to me at night was during the blm terrorist riots in a city that was having them. That was suppressed, not for my hearing but to try and leave my wife with enough to take direction if I needed to give it to her and for flash.

Other than that it's a pistol with rds and tlr7. Only goal is to get the wife and kid and fuck up anyone in the way of that. Everything else can be replaced.
Pistols are shitty weapons. They are a portable self defense weapon. For a static position like a home where you do not have limitations or practicality of carrying a long gun, Its incredibly stupid to not have a rifle as a go to choice.

What will the people invading your home be using? Pistols, Shotguns, Axes, Carbines,ect. Will they be wearing armor? How many of them are there?

Having 30 rounds of 5.56 and a few extra mags incase is going to atleast make the playing field a bit more fair if not give you an advantage if you need to put some fuckers down. Pistols are shitty man stoppers and thats assuming you can actually make good hits under stress while someone is trying to kill you, which has been proven, most cannot.

There is a reason that anyone expecting to get into a gunfight, is bringing a Rifle/Carbine. No idiot expects to get into a gunfight and brings only a pistol. Well unless they plan to be a victim.

This thread gets dumber and dumber with every post I believe.

It could still get worse. Several months ago, one of the more abrasive participants in this very thread claimed that I don't care about my family (which includes two young boys) because I keep my HD guns secured. That's the level of intellect you're witnessing on a daily basis.

I use a shotgun for HD, and don’t have one of the shotgun suppressors for it.

but when I lived in the country and didn’t have to worry about perforating neighbors with an errant shot, I used an AR and did use a SigSauer 762QD can.

I’ve been losing my hearing since I enlisted and currently wear hearing aid, also got the freedom ”eeeeeeee” in both ears. So yeah I’d use the can if you have one.

I was a cop until I had a stroke and I’ve touched off a round indoors.(P226 in 357SIG) It’s extremely loud. So If I thought I had a second to put on a pair of electronic muffs before I went to investigate a bump in the night, and I owned a pair of them, I’d put those on. I’d put them right on top of the nightstand. Hope this helps.

Reactions: TurboTrout
What are you using for amplified hearing protection? While the sounds may be amplified to “scared deer” levels, one thing that has always been missing from the amplified muffs that I have used is directionality. Sure, I can hear the sound, but I’ve lost the ability to detect where the sound is coming from.
Pro ears gold do a good job with directional hearing. Or peltor comtacs

I do believe the proper tactic here is firstly, always sleep with your full combat load out. Cleanses the palette.

Then, for the next course, may I suggest burying a claymore in all walls every five feet throughout? Wire them to concealed slide-out control panels.

For dessert, release a bevy those tiny .22LR equipped assassination drones for recon/cleanup. With silencers attached, of course.

We’re not savages, here, sir.

And may I suggest, do play a lot of Siege.

Rainbow Six, that is.

You’re still here, kind sir? Well then. Many diners prefer to retire to the smoking lounge. Do help yourself a similar thread as the one you are reading now…it may help you pass the time.

I’ve helpfully already searched for the word “dildos” in that Chantilly lace of a thread, expressly for your early evening pleasure.

Last edited:
liu7m8vzjuu41.jpg

Who needs flash bangs when you have the Loudencer?

On a serious note, I bought a KAK industry flash can to make a short AR 15 more bearable and it really helps the shooter. I can only imagine it would makes things seriously disconcerting for a person 10 or 20 feet or so down range. The thought has some merit (methinks) and is worth a discussion.

Reactions: lash
Reminds me of a home breakin an associate had happen to him recently. Associate comes up to me asks if I can teach him how to shoot his pistol then I get this gem of a story.
Middle of day, some girl lied to her boyfriend( let’s call him B)about money spent on something when she spent on dope. Anyways H (homeowner) has knock at door, he opens door and has no clue what doped up boyfriend is talking about. He tells him to fuck off and closes door. H goes to bedroom thinking dude left his house when he hears the door busted open. H grabs shotgun and points at Bs head, who is now inside Hs home. H decides he doesn’t want to fuck up his house and throws shotgun down while quickly grabbing ball bat and breaks it over the side of Bs head. H said B smiled right after he threw shotgun down. B waddles out the door and jumps in car and leaves. PD shows up H says no problem and if B shows back up he’ll take care of it. Anyways B and drugged out girlfriend show back up. This time B has a tire iron. H grabs pistol( who has no training with a pistol whatsoever). Somehow both parties move outdoors. H fires three rounds at advancing B with tire iron. Third round makes contact with Bs shoulder. B jumps in air and flounders around with limp noodle for arm that dropped tire iron. B and drugged girlfriend jump back in car and leave. So I say to H not sure if you need much help with the pistol. H says I was aiming at his head every time. Moral of the story, eh there isn’t one figured I’d share one of the craziest things I have heard in a long time.

Reminds me of a home breakin an associate had happen to him recently. Associate comes up to me asks if I can teach him how to shoot his pistol then I get this gem of a story.
Middle of day, some girl lied to her boyfriend( let’s call him B)about money spent on something when she spent on dope. Anyways H (homeowner) has knock at door, he opens door and has no clue what doped up boyfriend is talking about. He tells him to fuck off and closes door. H goes to bedroom thinking dude left his house when he hears the door busted open. H grabs shotgun and points at Bs head, who is now inside Hs home. H decides he doesn’t want to fuck up his house and throws shotgun down while quickly grabbing ball bat and breaks it over the side of Bs head. H said B smiled right after he threw shotgun down. B waddles out the door and jumps in car and leaves. PD shows up H says no problem and if B shows back up he’ll take care of it. Anyways B and drugged out girlfriend show back up. This time B has a tire iron. H grabs pistol( who has no training with a pistol whatsoever). Somehow both parties move outdoors. H fires three rounds at advancing B with tire iron. Third round makes contact with Bs shoulder. B jumps in air and flounders around with limp noodle for arm that dropped tire iron. B and drugged girlfriend jump back in car and leave. So I say to H not sure if you need much help with the pistol. H says I was aiming at his head every time. Moral of the story, eh there isn’t one figured I’d share one of the craziest things I have heard in a long time.
This is why the term center mass exists

I use a shotgun for HD, and don’t have one of the shotgun suppressors for it.

but when I lived in the country and didn’t have to worry about perforating neighbors with an errant shot, I used an AR and did use a SigSauer 762QD can.

I’ve been losing my hearing since I enlisted and currently wear hearing aid, also got the freedom ”eeeeeeee” in both ears. So yeah I’d use the can if you have one.

I was a cop until I had a stroke and I’ve touched off a round indoors.(P226 in 357SIG) It’s extremely loud. So If I thought I had a second to put on a pair of electronic muffs before I went to investigate a bump in the night, and I owned a pair of them, I’d put those on. I’d put them right on top of the nightstand. Hope this helps.
This shows how ignorant most people are about the things they claim to know about.

A shotgun shooting either Slugs or Buckshot will penetrate common building materials more than a 9mm JHP or a 5.56 55/62 gr bullet. The pistol round will deform and penetrate less and the 5.56 round within about 180 yards will fragment.

Shotgun is probably the worst option for self defense, unless you are planning on getting attacked by a grizzly bear.

Carbine/Rifle > Pistol > Shotgun. There is a reason the shotgun is all but eliminated(ballistic breaching being the exception) from units who plan to get into gunfights.

I do find it pretty hilarious how so many people talk about home defense as if it will be a protracted Gun fight and not the actual reality of a breaking and entering, followed by a few discharges from just about any type of firearm. This usually is accompanied by the attempted getaway of the transgressors immediately following. To show up later dead in the yard or injured in the emergency ward of the local hospital.

Does everyone here live in downtown Chicago and deal drugs on the side in order to attract coordinated attacks on their domicile?

It’s mostly just mental masturbation and swinging dicks, to be honest.

Now carry on with your discussions of CQB and coordinated response to organized invasion of your personal fortress.

I do find it pretty hilarious how so many people talk about home defense as if it will be a protracted Gun fight and not the actual reality of a breaking and entering, followed by a few discharges from just about any type of firearm. This usually is accompanied by the attempted getaway of the transgressors immediately following. To show up later dead in the yard or injured in the emergency ward of the local hospital.

Does everyone here live in downtown Chicago and deal drugs on the side in order to attract coordinated attacks on their domicile?

Now carry on with your discussions of CQB and coordinated response to organized invasion of your personal fortress.

Who said anything about a long gun battle?

IMO the reason to have something more than a pistol is accuracy, lights, good sight, etc

Figure when shit hits the fan hour IQ is going to take a temp reduction as you go a little into lizard brain mode, having a weapon that’s easy to shoot, and easy to shoot well helps, as I pointed out I can put a water jug out and take a new shooter, they’ll have a little trouble hitting it at range with a pistol, especially if it’s got lights and sights and everything else hanging off of it, now hand them a rifle and even with all sorts of mloked stuff hanging off of it they normally be able to easily hit jugs at 25+yrds as a newbie

Could I probably hit a bad guy in my place with my pistol, sure, probably also could hit them with my PRS bolt action, or my compound bow, if I got the distance right could probably at least fuck their day up throwing one of the small axes I have in my somewhere in my garage at them, But it’s my home, all of my shit, included guns are all here, why not just pick the best tool for the job and let it live in the bedroom vs the safe with all my other stuff? Ain’t like I have to conceal it or anything

Well that wasn’t really directed at you specifically. Only an observation from someone that I’m sure will be relegated to ‘dumb Fudd’ by all of the operators around here.

I just am sticking around until the 9mm vs .45 vs 10mm discussion gets started.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
.45 WinMag > 10mm (full power) > .45 > 9mm

but I choose .22LR because I'm recoil sensitive and know I have a better chance of hitting my target over a heavy recoiling .45
😁

Last edited:
  • Haha

The glaring fact is, you do not get to choose the situation. It could be one drunk hobo trying to get a ham sandwich from your fridge or it could be a 4 man pro crew of stick up boys all armed with AR pistols or anything in between.

There are tools that are much more versatile and better to deal with all threats.

If you don't think this shit happens everyday, head over to youtube and start watching ring videos of burglaries and home invasions.

Its shitty attitudes like yours that whitewash these types of discussions because you are either to scared or ignorant to face reality.

• Haha

Can you do us all a favor and stop living in the real world?

The glaring fact is, you do not get to choose the situation. It could be one drunk hobo trying to get a ham sandwich from your fridge or it could be a 4 man pro crew of stick up boys all armed with AR pistols or anything in between.

There are tools that are much more versatile and better to deal with all threats.

If you don't think this shit happens everyday, head over to youtube and start watching ring videos of burglaries and home invasions.

Its shitty attitudes like yours that whitewash these types of discussions because you are either to scared or ignorant to face reality.
Anything can happen.

Get yourself a decent rifle, good training and practice. What else is there to it? Don't get a suppressor if you can't afford to buy practice ammo. Don't waste one second to put on ear pro if your children's rooms are closer to whoever is breaking in than you are.

But it’s my home, all of my shit, included guns are all here, why not just pick the best tool for the job and let it live in the bedroom vs the safe with all my other stuff? Ain’t like I have to conceal it or anything
I can give you several reasons.

Well for one, if you ever wonder how little fuck trophy’s get guns to shoot up their school, it’s because they know where your shit is in your room.

If you wonder how stolen guns end up stolen and on the streets…it’s because they broke in a stole a gun when looking for whatever it is thieves look for during a break in.

Because there’s like a .1% that you’ll be “defending” anything from your bedroom.

Because it gets annoying…maybe not now, maybe not in a year, but if you’re not prepared to do this until the day you die, then it’s not a sustainable plan. Like most guys, they want to dabble in shit that makes them “feel” a certain way.

If people want to commit to “home defense,”like, if it’s ThAT big of a issue that gear and guns need to be all laying by the bed every night, then I would really like to see some frag-o’s written. I want phaselines, machine gun positions, sandbags, the works. You fuckers need to start punching holes in the dry wall and start making murder holes. Rewire a breaker subpanel w/ shut off in the room so you have nightvision advantage.

Your back yard and your front yard need tannerite dug into a kill box and be put on clackers. Run the wires into the house. Just go full retard. I’m a statist, remember? Your wife and your dogs should fear me?

Please, PLEASE argue how it’s not THAT serious…right?

I can give you several reasons.

Well for one, if you ever wonder how little fuck trophy’s get guns to shoot up their school, it’s because they know where your shit is in your room.

If you wonder how stolen guns end up stolen and on the streets…it’s because they broke in a stole a gun when looking for whatever it is thieves look for during a break in.

Because there’s like a .1% that you’ll be “defending” anything from your bedroom.

Because it gets annoying…maybe not now, maybe not in a year, but if you’re not prepared to do this until the day you die, then it’s not a sustainable plan. Like most guys, they want to dabble in shit that makes them “feel” a certain way.

If people want to commit to “home defense,”like, if it’s ThAT big of a issue that gear and guns need to be all laying by the bed every night, then I would really like to see some frag-o’s written. I want phaselines, machine gun positions, sandbags, the works. You fuckers need to start punching holes in the dry wall and start making murder holes. Rewire a breaker subpanel w/ shut off in the room so you have nightvision advantage.

Your back yard and your front yard need tannerite dug into a kill box and be put on clackers. Run the wires into the house. Just go full retard. I’m a statist, remember? Your wife and your dogs should fear me?

Please, PLEASE argue how it’s not THAT serious…right?

Having a weapon for the task in a closet that’s 4’ from my bed seems pretty practical, is there a risk someone might break in a steal it, sure, but that outcome is far less damaging to me compared to some fuckery at my house while I’m in bed (which based on tons of clear video is when lots of this shit goes down) and have to go to safe in another room, fuck that

Also if some fuck sticks break into my house while I’m away, they’re going to take the whole fucking safe, if the crack head thinks no one knows they are there and won’t be there for a while, the fuckers will take damn copper pipes, thinking they won’t roll the dice at taking hours to take a safe they obviously has something worth taking into it, or using some stolen power tools to get in, yeahhh If they get in and there isn’t a immediate response, ALL of your shit is gone

Being ready? Uhhh, I’m not going to need to write a fucking sonnet and meditate on it, also the time I was actually in this situation, but with a pistol near my bed, it worked out well, didn’t even have to fire

Having a weapon for the task in a closet that’s 4’ from my bed seems pretty practical, is there a risk someone might break in a steal it, sure, but that outcome is far less damaging to me compared to some fuckery at my house while I’m in bed (which based on tons of clear video is when lots of this shit goes down) and have to go to safe in another room, fuck that

Also if some fuck sticks break into my house while I’m away, they’re going to take the whole fucking safe, if the crack head thinks no one knows they are there and won’t be there for a while, the fuckers will take damn copper pipes, thinking they won’t roll the dice at taking hours to take a safe they obviously has something worth taking into it, or using some stolen power tools to get in, yeahhh If they get in and there isn’t a immediate response, ALL of your shit is gone

Being ready? Uhhh, I’m not going to need to write a fucking sonnet and meditate on it, also the time I was actually in this situation, but with a pistol near my bed, it worked out well, didn’t even have to fire
So this has happened before, and your solution is…a PCC in the closet by the bed and ear pro? …and in addition, the times in which it happens, in regards to the millions and millions of Americans, is based on shit you see on the internet?

No a security alarm? Maybe a better fence (not sure about you life situation? ) a ring? Security door? Better windows? Some shit? Apparently it sounds like you need to bolt your safe to the foundation like it’s suppose to be?

I’ve never seen a crackhead break in with oxy/acetylene torch, or a plasma cutter….and I don’t know about you but i don’t have a little bitch safe either that can be pried standing up. I’ve never seen a crackhead break into a house, that someone lives in, and steal copper pipe. I’ve seen that on new work construction, sure, or even vandalized foreclosed houses sitting in the market.

I mean, it would have to be a perfect shit show. They would need to be walking by all nonchalant with a angle grinder, some pry bars and a (few) cut off wheels. Like they knew you had a safe. Even then…no safe alarm?
Assuming they didn’t catch the house on fire first.

I never said to go wander to a different room. I said, “I” “personally” choose to keep a handgun, that if need be, will get me to my rifle, which is in another room. What I said in suggestion, was to take you and yours and leave. Call someone who get paid to deal with it and leave if possible.

So this has happened before, and your solution is…a PCC in the closet by the bed and ear pro? …and in addition, the times in which it happens, in regards to the millions and millions of Americans, is based on shit you see on the internet?

No a security alarm? Maybe a better fence (not sure about you life situation? ) a ring? Security door? Better windows? Some shit? Apparently it sounds like you need to bolt your safe to the foundation like it’s suppose to be?

I’ve never seen a crackhead break in with oxy/acetylene torch, or a plasma cutter….and I don’t know about you but i don’t have a little bitch safe either that can be pried standing up. I’ve never seen a crackhead break into a house, that someone lives in, and steal copper pipe. I’ve seen that on new work construction, sure, or even vandalized foreclosed houses sitting in the market.

I mean, it would have to be a perfect shit show. They would need to be walking by all nonchalant with a angle grinder, some pry bars and a (few) cut off wheels. Like they knew you had a safe. Even then…no safe alarm?
Assuming they didn’t catch the house on fire first.

I never said to go wander to a different room. I said, “I” “personally” choose to keep a handgun, that if need be, will get me to my rifle, which is in another room. What I said in suggestion, was to take you and yours and leave. Call someone who get paid to deal with it and leave if possible.

It happened like a decade ago, but I learn, things I did right, things I could have done better, I only grabbed my pistol, one with no lights and no night sights no less, because it was all I had handy

And yes, based on CCTV footage I saw on the internet, would it be more valid if I spend 6 figures to fly to each place and watched the SAME CCTV footage on the monitor connected to their hard drive? I don’t get the point on the internet comment, are you saying the bandwidth of the internet changes the same CCTV footage?

So far, I think a 9-10” 9mm with a light and RDS with ear pro might be the best bet, a 223 would be better on target and if my place was brick or out on a ranch I would go with a 14ish 223 or even a 300bo or 458s, there is also a factor that it might be my woman who needs it, and the 9mm is a pussycat to shoot.

Again, just looking for options, though I do find the argument from authority amusing, the factual quantifiable info on the subject is what I really am in the market for

As for leaving my home, that’s a hard no brah

It happened like a decade ago, but I learn, things I did right, things I could have done better, I only grabbed my pistol, one with no lights and no night sights no less, because it was all I had handy

And yes, based on CCTV footage I saw on the internet, would it be more valid if I spend 6 figures to fly to each place and watched the SAME CCTV footage on the monitor connected to their hard drive? I don’t get the point on the internet comment, are you saying the bandwidth of the internet changes the same CCTV footage?

So far, I think a 9-10” 9mm with a light and RDS with ear pro might be the best bet, a 223 would be better on target and if my place was brick or out on a ranch I would go with a 14ish 223 or even a 300bo or 458s, there is also a factor that it might be my woman who needs it, and the 9mm is a pussycat to shoot.

Again, just looking for options, though I do find the argument from authority amusing, the factual quantifiable info on the subject is what I really am in the market for

As for leaving my home, that’s a hard no brah
I find this shit amusing. Where we are sleeping with out rifles and kitting up. Like as if you know what the fuck you’re doing in any case. All after taking to internet to listen to amusing statist that you hate so much. Just to turn around and do whatever it was that you were going to do anyways. *yawn. No shit.

Apparently just a pistol works. Apparently you didn’t learn shit. You’re looking for factual quantifiable information that you WANT to hear.

It would be more valid if you took the cctv information for what it is. A fraction of a small percent of big picture. Like the internet has never steered you wrong before “brah. “

I find this shit amusing. Where we are sleeping with out rifles and kitting up. Like as if you know what the fuck you’re doing in any case. All after taking to internet to listen to amusing statist that you hate so much. Just to turn around and do whatever it was that you were going to do anyways. *yawn. No shit.

Apparently just a pistol works. Apparently you didn’t learn shit. You’re looking for factual quantifiable information that you WANT to hear.

It would be more valid if you took the cctv information for what it is. A fraction of a small percent of big picture. Like the internet has never steered you wrong before “brah. “

I don’t sleep in the closet, and I’m sorry if that’s your situation in life
The gun is in the closet close to my bed, align with other closet type shit

Yeah the pistol worked, but I could do better, and I have the equipment, so 🤷‍♂️

Yeah one CCTV is worthless, but in this age of digital video and the internet, lots and lots of these videos out there

So if I’m going to have a firearm close to my bed, I have lots to choose from, why not have the one best suited to the environment In that spot? I don’t have to conceal it, so why have a secondary class weapon?

I don’t sleep in the closet, and I’m sorry if that’s your situation in life
The gun is in the closet close to my bed, align with other closet type shit

Yeah the pistol worked, but I could do better, and I have the equipment, so 🤷‍♂️

Yeah one CCTV is worthless, but in this age of digital video and the internet, lots and lots of these videos out there

So if I’m going to have a firearm close to my bed, I have lots to choose from, why not have the one best suited to the environment In that spot? I don’t have to conceal it, so why have a secondary class weapon?
Because as a person who has experience this already, you should kind of know how not common and not serious these nuisance points are. If your situation was so serious, you would have shot that dude in the face, and sometimes that’s what has to happen, but it’s funny because defense is not a war. Just grab whatever you think you need and roll with it. You’re going to do whatever you’re going to do anyways.

I don’t care if you keep a purple dildo concealed and use that for defense. You like to go around what I’m saying. If you dun watched 1000 videos of home invasion videos, that would still be a fraction of a fraction of near/ccw incidents across the country. Imagine how many videos exist of dudes robbing and raping at the front door, or parking lots etc blah blah….

…there’s a lot of videos of dudes sucking dicks…does that mean YOU suck dicks? Your logic is linear in a way that it sounds like you’re saying because a lot of videos exist at bedtime, that that is when something bad will happen.

My serious points were made in my fist few post. It IS different per person. For sure. I don’t care if John Lovell lights up his house, and I don’t recommend a pistol for Hd and moving around the house. You’re not me. I’m not him. It’s all good.

Obviously the “best (weapon) one” is subjective to a degree. About the only thing people agree on is shooting indoors sucks. Which can be congruent as a fact. Someone mentioned that earlier. Some of the more intelligent conversationalist may agree that pistols, and thus pistol calibers suck at killing things. Relative to a rifle. Drywall ballistics between pistol and rifle is negligible at best, but you’re free to do your own research. I know not to use drywall as cover, and I’ve mastered the 5th safety rule.

-From a legal standpoint, shooting people is risky these days, god forbid said crackhead is black, or gay, or whatever the kids are into these days, and it goes high profile
- From a risk management standpoint, not leaving your house if applicable, means if you lose the fight, it exposes your family. I don’t see it as pussying out, I see it as securing what matters.
-killing people is expensive. Find out. It’s going to be up to those corrupt cops and district attorney’s that you’re tax money pays for.

Now to the point of PCCs, there’s a reason why SMG’s have fallen out of favor over the years. What does a pcc do that something mk18 can’t? Besides be maybe insignificantly lighter.

Why not soft tips in .223?
Seriously…why not a security system? Early detection is important either way…. Or is this not factual enough?
Why not a locker in the closet. Open it back up when you get home? Maybe a hidden door or some shit.

If a random crackhead breaks into your house, who was walking by randomly….who also happen to be carrying a grinder with a cut off wheel, some pry bars, and is able to steal your shit, please let me see a redacted police. I’d love to say you’re right. You would be the unluckiest person alive.

Because as a person who has experience this already, you should kind of know how not common and not serious these nuisance points are. If your situation was so serious, you would have shot that dude in the face, and sometimes that’s what has to happen, but it’s funny because defense is not a war. Just grab whatever you think you need and roll with it. You’re going to do whatever you’re going to do anyways.

I don’t care if you keep a purple dildo concealed and use that for defense. You like to go around what I’m saying. If you dun watched 1000 videos of home invasion videos, that would still be a fraction of a fraction of near/ccw incidents across the country. Imagine how many videos exist of dudes robbing and raping at the front door, or parking lots etc blah blah….

…there’s a lot of videos of dudes sucking dicks…does that mean YOU suck dicks? Your logic is linear in a way that it sounds like you’re saying because a lot of videos exist at bedtime, that that is when something bad will happen.

My serious points were made in my fist few post. It IS different per person. For sure. I don’t care if John Lovell lights up his house, and I don’t recommend a pistol for Hd and moving around the house. You’re not me. I’m not him. It’s all good.

Obviously the “best (weapon) one” is subjective to a degree. About the only thing people agree on is shooting indoors sucks. Which can be congruent as a fact. Someone mentioned that earlier. Some of the more intelligent conversationalist may agree that pistols, and thus pistol calibers suck at killing things. Relative to a rifle. Drywall ballistics between pistol and rifle is negligible at best, but you’re free to do your own research. I know not to use drywall as cover, and I’ve mastered the 5th safety rule.

-From a legal standpoint, shooting people is risky these days, god forbid said crackhead is black, or gay, or whatever the kids are into these days, and it goes high profile
- From a risk management standpoint, not leaving your house if applicable, means if you lose the fight, it exposes your family. I don’t see it as pussying out, I see it as securing what matters.
-killing people is expensive. Find out. It’s going to be up to those corrupt cops and district attorney’s that you’re tax money pays for.

Now to the point of PCCs, there’s a reason why SMG’s have fallen out of favor over the years. What does a pcc do that something mk18 can’t? Besides be maybe insignificantly lighter.

Why not soft tips in .223?
Seriously…why not a security system? Early detection is important either way…. Or is this not factual enough?
Why not a locker in the closet. Open it back up when you get home? Maybe a hidden door or some shit.

If a random crackhead breaks into your house, who was walking by randomly….who also happen to be carrying a grinder with a cut off wheel, some pry bars, and is able to steal your shit, please let me see a redacted police. I’d love to say you’re right. You would be the unluckiest person alive.

I don’t pay for a security system because the police don’t give a fuck, and all the crooks know it, and they always break

Also when is a pistol a better choice?

when is a pistol a better choice?
1. disability, one hand only (born with one hand, injury, etc)
2. elderly or physically too weak to hold up a centerfire long gun
3. it's all you have
4. only firearm you have training/experience with
5. other hand is required for X task and a rifle is too heavy or unweildy for one hand for an extended period
6. You're Rob Leatham
7. Don't have a means of securing a long gun

it's just one of many options

Reactions: long range sponge
I was thinking, in an home defense/indoor shoot situation, why use a suppressor?

Theory

I can don and activate my electric pro in no time flat, it sits right next to the weapon, can be default set to boost my normal hearing to like scared deer hearing levels

Now the average intruder is 99% not going to be wearing ear pro, thus in a shoot situation wouldn’t the balance of advantageousness be in my advantage with the sound coming out of a 9.5” 9mm with a brake when I have quality ear pro on and they are sans protection? Kinda like a flash bang type effect??!

Second question, what is the best zero distance for a braced 9.5” barrel 9mm with a RDS, spilt use between steel plates at the range and defense

Thanks
Thanks for the idea about having the ears by the bed. When I start expecting my armed IRS visit, I'll start keeping it handy. If I can get it over my c-pap!

I don’t pay for a security system because the police don’t give a fuck, and all the crooks know it, and they always break

Early detection. You don’t have to use adt or whatever linked to 911.

Pistol if not a backup, gets me to the rifle as I’ve said. In my situation.

Last edited:

I don't do the whole monitored security system thing after a homeowner in the next town over got killed in their own house by the police responding to a false alarm that decided shooting through a door was a great way to check who may or may not be on the other side of the door...

But I do have security cameras and a bark based alarm system for when I'm home.

Reactions: lash and 308pirate