• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball Head Kit

Here are a few pics ....Really simple to set up and it holds the rifle handily with no creep, even without cranking down excessively on the friction knob. Very smooth in all axis. Still haven't had a chance to hunt but will report when I do. Thanks again for a great upgrade, STI_1911_Guy.

Attachments

• ball head bog1.jpg
    ball head bog1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 128
  • ball head bog2.jpg
    ball head bog2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 131
  • ball head bog3.jpg
    ball head bog3.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 131
Reactions: STI_1911_Guy
Here are a few pics ....Really simple to set up and it holds the rifle handily with no creep, even without cranking down excessively on the friction knob. Very smooth in all axis. Still haven't had a chance to hunt but will report when I do. Thanks again for a great upgrade, STI_1911_Guy.
Thank you!

****UPDATE***

****I have been working on a printed bushing to replace the aluminum one for a few reasons. Main one being availability, I can print these like any of my other items so sourcing is not an issue. I can also pass the cost savings on to you guys and a little more weight reduction. I will be working on a printed adapter plate in the future also. I wanted to make sure the integrity and strength were both still very sound so I adjusted materials and design until I got it right. ***** There will be nothing new to installation, a dab of Loctite is still highly recommended on the ball head bolt. Just snug it up good, no need to over tighten. There are some variances in the BOG castings so you may hear a slight pop as the lip in the bushing pops over the casting but its fine and expected on some as I keep the fit fairly snug on the bushing.

I have also added an eyebolt addition you can use to hang equipment from. When you purchase it just let me know if you want the eye bolt or regular bolt.

For installation of the eyebolt you will install the bushing then slide the eye bolt up through and tighten fully into the ball head until it bottoms out. Then loosen the eye bolt 1 full turn and lock the nut down while holding the eye bolt from turning if necessary.

I have made up a few ball head conversion kits for the Bog Deathgrip Tripod. I tried to keep the price down as low as possible while maintaining good quality equivalent to the Bog Tripod.

- Prices shipped TYD.
- *** Continually making them as requested. I will inform you of any excessive backlog.
- There are 5 options.

The ball head is rated at 33 lbs and has 360 degree rotation (lockable) base in addition to the ball head and the ball head is lockable and adjustable for tension. This will accept arca-swiss style devices including the numerous picatinny to arca and such items on the market.

To install you would have to remove the one bolt holding the deathgrip to the tripod. Once you do this the bearings and bushings (you will not need these any longer) will come out. You will end up with a hollow casting as seen in the images. Once you have this you can insert the aluminum bushing from the bottom, then insert the new bolt through the bushing and install the ball head onto it. I recommend a dab of Loctite on the bolt before installation.

If you want to use the deathgrip that you just removed you need the kit with the adapter plate. This plate with the 4 supplied screws will attach to the deathgrip head and can then be locked into the arca-swiss ball head.

This entire assembly weighs ~15oz, you will be removing ~8oz to install. So in total you will add about 8 oz to your setup, plus any additional items you decide to add.

Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball head kit and adapter plate (full kit) $110: This will come with the ball head, bushing and 3/8-16 bolt to attach the ball head. In addition this will come with the adapter plate to attach to the deathgrip that can then be placed into the arca-swiss ball head.
Bog Deathgrip Tripod Ball head kit only $95: This will come with the ball head, bushing and 3/8-16 bolt to attach the ball head.
Bog Deathgrip Bushing, Bolt and Adapter Plate Only $55: This will come with the bushing for the tripod, The 3/8-16 bolt for most ballheads and the adapter plate to attach the deathgrip to Arca-Swiss. This is for if you have your own ballhead but want to be able to attach the deathgrip to it if desired.
Bog Deathgrip Adapter Plate and Screws Only $45: This will come with the adapter plate and 4 screws only.
Bog Deathgrip Bushing and Bolt Only $40: This will com with the bushing and bolt only. This option would be great for someone with their own ballhead and no desire to be able to reattach the deathgrip.

I also have small plates with the standard 1/4-20 screw. If you have any accessories that would benefit from a custom printed fixture that would allow you to attach it to an Arca-Swiss plate, which could then be put on a tripod or something else please send me a PM and we can figure something out.

Items other members have requested
Sent you a PM. I want a full kit.

All orders are caught up. Next week the next batch will go out. PM me to order one. Thanks.

I also would like to order a full set. As soon as I figure out how to use PM I will send you a message with my info. If someone can help me out with instructions on how to use PM, I woulwouldappreciate it. Lol

I also would like to order a full set. As soon as I figure out how to use PM I will send you a message with my info. If someone can help me out with instructions on how to use PM, I woulwouldappreciate it. Lol
Just click on Sti 1911 guys user name then on the bottom it’ll say start conversation 🤘🏻

Got my full kit today ! @STI_1911_Guy is a stand up person ! Answered my questions about the products helped me out with expediting shipping ( even though USPS SUCKS) he went above and beyond ! Annnd not to mention the kit is freaking awesome . I have another bog that I’ll be ordering another kit for as well . I opted to grab a mlock Swiss arca rail to mount up to and it is a rock solid option . I like being able to use the deathgrip also if I ever wanted to . Don’t hesitate to buy ! You will not regret it !!!
Tom

The next batch is going out next week!!! If anybody wants to get an order in there is still time. Thanks!!

Got all messages answered. If I missed anybody I apologize and please message me again. Next batch going out soon!!

Follow up: Been three months and a 1/2 dozen hogs later the ball mount is holding up well in the field and it is a real improvement to the stock set up. Wish the tripod legs was set up like a trigger stick for ease of leveling, but hey its not hat bad and does not have to be dead nut perfect with the ballhead. So far so good!

All Pm's have been answered. If I missed anybody let me know, otherwise enjoy the weekend, if you can!

The next batch will be going out next week. Message me if interested.

Go Lions!!:D

Hi, I am very interested in one of these, all but the ball head that I already have.. Please message me as to what is available, Thanks

Hi guys, there is someone going around with a screen name very similar to mine trying to scam people on anything I sell. Please take note of my screen name exactly and if you get one close but not mine as shown then let me or admin know.

STI_1911_Guy

• Angry
Reactions: Jimmycee
Hi guys, there is someone going around with a screen name very similar to mine trying to scam people on anything I sell. Please take note of my screen name exactly and if you get one close but not mine as shown then let me or admin know.

STI_1911_Guy

If someone would report this person we could ban him but it seems no one knows his name.

Ok, here ya go, the one on the left is my original trigger stick bog pod and the conversion is on the right.
Pictures don't do these conversions justice, you just can't see how they 'feel'.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_3645.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3645.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 49
  • thumbnail_IMG_3644.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3644.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 45
  • thumbnail_IMG_3646.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_3646.jpg
    543.8 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I will be traveling for work the week of Febuary 5th. If I am slow to answer messages this is why. I will be sending out the next batch this weekend before I leave. I may be able to have someone put together a batch while I am gone and ship them out so get your orders in!!!!

I don't want anyone to get scammed so please everyone, if you get a message from "me", please take the steps to verify who you are talking to. If you are new to the forum or if you are not familiar with how buying/selling works on forums then some things to look for are;

1. The Username, make sure it matches mine from this post or the original post along with all the credentials below the name. Chances are someone copied my username but it will have an extra space in it or a space where an underscore should be or something simple like that. It will be slightly different in some way.
  2. Look for my join date or the number of messages I have as shown below. If someone posing as me messages you then its very likely they wont have many messages or their join date will be more recent.
  3. Read feedback status on me by clicking on my username and going through the information that is presented to you.
  4. Read up on the forum about how to notice scammers and what to do. If someone gets a screen name of the scammer then the admins here can then ban that member.
  5. 1706662229054.png

I appreciate everyone's interest in this item along with all the others I sell, I don't want to hear of anyone getting scammed so please be careful!

Also look for Supporter status as none of these scammers have it and they have 0 posts.

Also REPORT THEM!!!

I think I should also mention that the trigger stick tripod that I posted pictures of above is very flimsy compared to the BOG Conversion. The trigger stick is actually designed to be a rest, not a true support.

Last edited:
Just as a reminder, I will be traveling for work this week. If anybody wants to order one please just shoot me a PM and I will answer it as quickly as I can.

Phenomenal! Thanks so much for this - easy install and soooo much better than that Frankenstein bolt monstrosity that comes BAU.

Attachments

• IMG_0835.jpeg
    IMG_0835.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1031.jpeg
    IMG_1031.jpeg
    105.7 KB · Views: 25