• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Monday Morning Funnies

Great photos. Interesting to see people that carry rifles to ensure their survival not doing combat patrols but just enjoying some great fishing next to brown bears.

Always enjoy his few hours of fun.

Couldnt there be something like "Larry Speaks" weekends?

Announce them ahead of time so the snowflakes can make other plans.

Larry Speaks weekends would be great way to laugh and get rid of some stress.

I must have missed it! I’d love to see the thread!

It was the 16-18 inch shorties thread. He was posting pics of his non shorty 20inch rifles.

He also posted like a million pics and each one in its own individual post. Like why not just post all your shit together, which shouldn't even be posted on that thread to begin with cuz you know, they weren't shorties but whatever...

• Haha
Reactions: Changed
We always do these threads when someone gets the ax.

I don’t like him because he’s a dickhead. One of those guys who always speaks in absolutes. I’ve gotten into it with him a number of times over the years but I’ve never reported him, or anyone else.

There is no rule you have to agree with him,

you just have to understand if you put your disagreement in writing back to him, he will hit hard in return.

It's a tactic, and admittedly not a great on, but he goes hard and can be set in his ways, but clearly his ways work for him.

We are not him, so deciding where and when to disagree is the question

Why do I always miss it when larry shows up?

(no Im not Larry)
Dang it, I did too. I was busy over the weekend and until now, so missed all of the fun. The only reports I’ve ever done were to the mods for obvious spam attacks. I can walk away if I don’t like something.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
NOBODY (aka Larry) is only trying to prevent some of your from falling into a poor training/logic trap. The link is self explanatory as to what some here think they know about the shooting sports.
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Oh man, Larry. He's not wrong most of the time, but he's not right either. He is a master-level button pusher, and knows every one of them to push, in sequence. I've never had an issue with him outside of a few "WTF" threads. I find him educational in a barbaric way, mildly entertaining, but at the same time cringe-worthy. A small bit of tact mixed in and he could hang around in longer sessions I think.

I can't remember his YouTube channel. His personal rifle/barrel break-in procedure is worth a watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 1J04
Oh man, Larry. He's not wrong most of the time, but he's not right either. He is a master-level button pusher, and knows every one of them to push, in sequence. I've never had an issue with him outside of a few "WTF" threads. I find him educational in a barbaric way, mildly entertaining, but at the same time cringe-worthy. A small bit of tact mixed in and he could hang around in longer sessions I think.

I can't remember his YouTube channel. His personal rifle/barrel break-in procedure is worth a watch.
It’s called “busheler”. The vid of his boy hurling that leupold with B&c caps all over the yard was funny too.

Last edited:
The ignore button is just as easy to hit as the report button.

Would be funny if when the report button was pushed a screen popped up that said.

"Reporting a post that does not violate the rules of snipershide may result in you being banned. Do you wish to continue"

A "Larry Speaks" would be funny

The reports, emails and complaints were coming in hard and fast

Can't believe the degree of butt hurt....People need to get over themselves as Larry does know a shit ton.

Here are a couple of my favorite ones

The ONLY thing fhuqking funnier than the AMAZINGLY lonnnggggggg list of things you don't know is the list of things you THINK you "know". Congratulations?!?

Don't be in such a hurry to elaborate on your cluelessness.

When it's all said and done; you will have said a LOT more than you've done.

Disable the report button. Ban anyone who pm's you bitching about hurt feelers.

Make a sticky.. SH supports the first amendment, this is a sticks and stones site, view at your own risk. If you melt above 32 degrees close this window and go to pintrest.com
Frank don’t like people telling him how to run the sight lol. I told him the same thing and almost got banned.

But yeah f hurt feelings reports. That button should be for spammers or scammers only.

They were mere suggestions. He seemed to like what larry had to say as well, which makes me wonder why he's banned. I learn way more than I contribute on here. If I get banned for making suggestions for dealing with soft skin.......

Reactions: deersniper
They were mere suggestions. He seemed to like what larry had to say as well, which makes me wonder why he's banned. I learn way more than I contribute on here. If I get banned for making suggestions for dealing with soft skin.......
I think you have to do other things on top of that to get banned lol

Pretty sure @lowlight did not hit the ban button. There are other moderators and sometimes the reports just become to much to deal with.

This sight puts up with about 1000x more bullshit than any other sight I know of.

A "Larry Speaks" would be funny

The reports, emails and complaints were coming in hard and fast
Us Civvies likely have zero idea of just how much of that whining crap you/the other Mods have to put up with/are subjected to. Personally, I think it's really chickenshit to complain to you guys if some asshole "hurts" your feelings. Jeesuz, nut up or go find a safe space. Act like an adult. Just keep your mouth shut, no one else wants to hear it.

Having said that, I never found anything of value in the vast, vast majority of Larry's posts. eg; Doing a video of taking a scoped rifle and tossing it around on gravel/rocks doesn't prove anything from a structured, analytical testing point of view. Saying all Leupold scopes are garbage without anything remotely resembling "data" doesn't cut it either. (I am not a Leupold owner/fanboy, I don't own any of their product). All of his bashing of just about everything under under the sun, including people he doesn't know doesn't bring anything to the picnic. Additionally, I think him tossing his gear around is a bit disrespectful to those guys that are scraping up nickels to be able to afford what he has and would figuratively kill for that gear that he is trashing/taking for granted. But, it's his gear. He has every right to do with it as he pleases.

Here's the funny thing; His latest foray here showed that he's doing some really cool things. By taking his family (how that happened, I have no idea, but good for him) out into the woods in AK, shows he's pushing the envelop and living life to it's fullest. Props to him. He's truly blessed. But, he's so wrapped around the axle of his own insecurities, he doesn't know it or have any appreciation of, or for it. Instead of showing some humility and appreciation for what he has (family/wife/new kid), what does he do ? He constantly/incessantly bashes people that he has never conversed with or met before. Good fucking grief, if that isn't the pinnacle of (insecure/arrogant) ignorance, I don't know what is.

Further, I am left wondering about any credentials he may (or may not) have. I'm not necessarily hung up on credentials, as I've seen too many situations where some idiot bullshits his way into a position of being considered "intelligent", or a "Guru" on a given subject. What is Larry's background that makes him at least minimally conversant (if not an expert) on the subjects that he so rudely pontificates about ? I never saw anything. Was he an engineer for scopes ? a factory rep ? an "insider" of any kind ? If he's living in AK, particularly off the grid, he most certainly isn't working for a manufacturer of anything in the firearms industry. So, where is the source of his "fountain of knowledge" ? Or, was/is his "knowledge" from the school of hard knocks, just like the majority of people here on the Hide.

I dunno, all I ever saw was a lot of hat and no cattle. I am actually a bit disappointed he's gone. I was looking forward to continuing to watch his antics for a bit longer. However, that doesn't mean that I thought I would garner anything in the way of useful information from him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6/250/40
He gets banned because he disrupts the site as a whole, mainly because of the complaints

Back in the day, he would not get banned and he was much more select in his postings, once we started banning him because of the complaints he then bounces in and goes as hard as he can until he gets banned,

But despite all the complaints, I didn't ban him, I watched the football games, and ignored the whining.

If we didn't get 10 complaints in Larry's first couple of posts, I would personally leave him alone, but it makes our job hard.

Remember this site has an IGNORE Button, if you place someone on IGNORE you don't see their posts.

That is the part certain people don't understand.

This place was originally designed around a SquadBay in the military, clearly many people on the interwebs would fare poorly in a military setting.

It seems if there were a way to put in the forum code that when someone hits the report button, whoever they reported was put on ignore it would sure save everyone a lot of hassle. No idea if that is an option. Maybe you can make the report button an ignore button, that says report. Just thinking about easier ways for mods to deal with the bullshit and not have to read through 100 "report" PM's or however they come through.

A note on the ignore popup that says "consider just hitting ignore. Reporting a post costs mods time. If you really feel this post endangers your well being, continue reporting"

I mean, who hits report? You guys that do, whats your motivation for doing so instead of hitting ignore? Doubtful I'll hear from you, as you don't want to out yourselves. That should tell you something about yourself.

Not much. Need a bigger lens.
1578948579971.png

Weak sauce, I know. All I could do on short notice.

The great thing about Larry is that he puts shit in perspective.

"Ewww my rifle fell over....Will it be ruined?"

Than he posts his barrel break in video.

"Ewww will this mark on the outside of my barrel disrupt the rifling?"

Than he takes his sawzall and cuts a barrel before going to shoot a group at 700 yards or some shit.

We could all use that slap with reality from time to time.

When someone asks a question if you can decipher his first answer it's generally good info.

And when the person comes back with an answer like "Gee I think I should do this instead."

Than the game is on.

He is absolutely right about my Leupold M40 repro scope being a POS......$300 for a capped turret SFP variable in a puke/urine green color?

To a practical person that is concerned with killing the bear that wants to

His ass.........than my concern about making sure my rifle has a green scope that looks good on an M40 has little importance in his world.

Im surprised he regards SWFA so highly with the weather and shit his rifles see. Maybe I ought to save myself some money and check em out.

Hint - fixed magnification only. Variable is for window lickers. Going to go rub my spout now.