• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Wrong forms

Night Assassin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
thompson
So at the 11 month mark I checked in at my class 3 dealer to see if there is any word. Apparently after the big change last year there was also new paperwork forms that he was unaware of. He quickly read the paperwork and came back with some new paperwork. Filled it all out and off it goes. My concern is did I need to send new photos and prints again for the new papers? Anyone have experience at this. I would hate to add even more wait time.

dude...your dealer just fucked you over is what happened. he damn sure knew the forms and changes from 41 and to leave you hang for 11months....i call bullshit.

dude...your dealer just fucked you over is what happened. he damn sure knew the forms and changes from 41 and to leave you hang for 11months....i call bullshit.

We filled out the forms 11 months ago and sent them in. It was the first of September. He isn't a large class 3 and I think I was one of the post 41 purchases he had. The ATF probably just got around to looking at it to see he used the wrong form. ( the 11 month wait). I ended up calling the ATF to make sure I didn't have to resubmit any photos. They reply I was given is, There is a form sent back and the boxes will be checked for what is needed, none were checked other than wrong from used. Hopefully this wont add too much to the wait...

Damn man, that is hard to believe. I just can't imagine being a class 3 dealer and not having any idea that 41f was coming down the pipeline last year.

right, but even the ATF will give you different answers to the same question depending on who you ask, and I think there was a lot of confusion going on as to how to submit forms post rule change.

Scott

Checks cashed in ATL by a bank not the ATF, then sent by bank to ATF
The ATF gets the papers they put the trust name and dealer name and serial number in there system. Its goes pending at that point and marked as so by date stamp somewhere on form. They DO NOT look at all the paper work then. When they do get around to it they then go thru the packet this happens at the when ever they want time (the long wait) if something is wrong, they then let the dealer and customer know in snail mail. I have had one phone call on a form3 and was fixed same day by fax. 9 out of 10 times if something is wrong it doesn't take but a few days not months to fix the form4. I have had 2 sent back for not signing in blue ink but rather in black. Then approve and all is well in the world.

Now, the dealer.... its BS. Me as a dealer knew Looong in advance of the change in paper work so I call BS on him not knowing.. Hell every suppressor manufacturer was emailing me packets of "how to fill out" the new form 4's. I think it was thunder beast sent a packet out filled out as a "how too"guide with Ray S picture in it. I also know silencerco sent the filled out guide packet for us dealers to go by.

ether way, shit happens and we deal with it. Just keep your head up and maybe the dealer will give you a discount or in store credit on this mistake. It would be what I do.

Wow, I better get ahold of my dealer, Ive been waiting for 13 months. Hopefully I am not in the same boat.

Wow, I better get ahold of my dealer, Ive been waiting for 13 months. Hopefully I am not in the same boat.

Yeah a phone call won't hurt. Thankfully this only delayed things by a month or less, got it all straightened out and got the stamp and can !!!!