• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inch or Metric ?

Baddog0302

Private
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2014
Does anyone know which of the FN-FAL magazines works in an RRA 308 , inch or metric ?? The POS RRA "Tupperware" magazines will not tale the same OAL loaded rounds as Armalite or M1A mags. . So loaded rounds are not interchangeable due to RRA wanting to save a few pennies on their plastic magazines

Not sure about inch or metric. I've used a few of the RRA magazines without any issues. If you don't like them, order Moses magazines for the RRA LAR-8. Don't order their FAL mag's; get the magazines made specifically for the LAR-8. The Moses mag's seem heavier duty than the RRA mags, and the follower doesn't tilt as much as the RRA mags. My only issue with the Moses mag is they wouldn't function with just 1 round in the magazine. But that's been an easy enough fix; just load at least 2 (I've tried loading just one mag when mounting a new scope and wanting to zero the rifle).

Not sure about inch or metric. I've used a few of the RRA magazines without any issues. If you don't like them, order Moses magazines for the RRA LAR-8. Don't order their FAL mag's; get the magazines made specifically for the LAR-8. The Moses mag's seem heavier duty than the RRA mags, and the follower doesn't tilt as much as the RRA mags. My only issue with the Moses mag is they wouldn't function with just 1 round in the magazine. But that's been an easy enough fix; just load at least 2 (I've tried loading just one mag when mounting a new scope and wanting to zero the rifle).

Thank you ALL, no one seams to have metal FN-FAL in stock for me to try, also , the Moses are not in stock. I'll keep looking as I really don't want to have designated loaded rounds for the different auto loaders

I should add: while the Moses mag didn't function for me when I loaded just one round in it, it works fine when it gets to the last round in the mag. That is to say, if you load anywhere from 2-20 rounds in the mag, it will fire every round. It's only when I load just one round that I've had a failure to feed.