• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Applied Ballistics Kestrel; Pro staff support thread

Hmmm,

Few other issues:

When moving between metric and Imperial, sometimes the conversions get out of whack, and you end up with crazy numbers.
See this image:
Untitled.jpg

The temperature doesn't seem to be captured in the output.

When moving between metric and Imperial, the bullet diameter field can overflow (it wants only 5 characters). And so 0.338 -> 0.8585 and that's six (manually remove the "0" works).

Cheers
Farmer

Thanks Chris.

I have two new observations. Rifle setup in AB profile loader has output set to MOA. When the rifle is transferred to the Kestrel, it reverts to MIL in the Kestrel. I made sure to save the profile before making the transfer.

The other observation is that the gun name in the Kestrel has a "*" in front of it. There is no way to delete this character. What is the purpose of the "*"? What does it signify?

Thanks,

S18

Found another issue within the Kestrel.

Gun data imported in imperial units. When I switch to metric, the bullet length remains in inches while all the other parameters changed to metric.

Last edited:
Profile transfer issue

Gun profile in Kestrel is in imperial units and tmoa. After transfer from the Kestrel to AB Profile Loader, input shows up as mixed and output is set to MIL. This appears to be the default configuration in AB Profile Loader. When data/profile is transferred from the Kestrel to AB Profile Loader, I would expect to see the profile in the Profile Loader to mirror how it is set in the Kestrel so I know exactly what is in the Kestrel.

S18

Hey,

Yeah, I reported this a while ago.
The profile loader doesn't seem to transfer the Mil/MOA to/from the Kestrel.
The loader only handles having one global setting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks farmerbrown - I see the issue with the bullet length and we'll get that resolved. I also saw the windspeed/direction issue that someone else pointed out as well. We'll get that resolved today as well.

Thanks for the thorough review.

We figured out where the error is at with the bullet length and have a fix for it coming up. It should be up tomorrow some time.

Hey guys - thanks for the heads up on the profile loader too... we'll see what we can do there. We'll have to do a new release of that. It will probably happen after SHOT Show.

I posted this in the equipment section and then found this thread so I'll ask here also...

Trying to transfer Gun Profile from the Kestrel to my computer and vise versa, I connect the kestrel through bluetooth and hit connect on the AB profile loaded application. It then says it's connected.

Then when I try to transfer profiles it says "Cannot establish the state of device. Check connection..."

If anyone can be any help this would be Greatly appreciated.

Sorry guys, after finding the trouble shooting download and reading it I figured it out, just had to change the COM setting.

Sorry,

Had a play with that website again today, and have to say that it's still pretty buggy.
Because it doesn't support different units (like JBM) I'm changing it a few times between metric and imperial and it's giving strange outputs.

Happy to go through it with you, but for now, not worth relying on.
I like the WEZ feature though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Farmerbrown - one thing we will add in the near future is the units on a per entry basis - thanks for your feedback on that.

In addition, I believe the units issue is now address where you can now change seamlessly between metric and imperial. Give it a try and see what happens. Make sure you hit Shift->Refresh on the ballistics calculator page to pull in the latest since it was updated and you want to make sure your browser goes and fetches the latest.

We definitely appreciate the feedback...

Farmerbrown - one thing we will add in the near future is the units on a per entry basis - thanks for your feedback on that.

In addition, I believe the units issue is now address where you can now change seamlessly between metric and imperial. Give it a try and see what happens. Make sure you hit Shift->Refresh on the ballistics calculator page to pull in the latest since it was updated and you want to make sure your browser goes and fetches the latest.

We definitely appreciate the feedback...

Hi,

There are still a couple of problems.

1. When you change from imperial-->metric, you still get the 'You must enter text with 5 or fewer characters' error in the calibre conversion. In my case, .308 becomes 0.7823 which is more than five digits. I'm not sure changing calibre to metric is ever useful (see below).

2. I set the site on mixed input/inches output. Input parameters, including speed at 2600fps or 792.5m/s - get my answer as 1.694 secs of TOF at 1000m. I have the pressure as 26.6" (this is the one unit I really wish I could just keep in mBar) representing about 1000m altitude. I hit the back button and change to metric input (get calibre change error in .1 above). Pressure is now 900.4 mbar. I hit "Calculate". TOF is now 1.775 seconds and the pressure output shows as 30478.54 mbar). Obviously solution has the pressure all wrong and generates a bogus solution.

Hit "Back" button - now it shows pressure as 900.4 inHg (which is what 30478.54 mbar is). Speed is also shown as 792.5 fps (when it's actually 792.5 m/s). It actually uses 792 m/s as velocity but the input parameter units field is wrong on both fronts. Change the pressure to 26.6 and calculate = correct answer again. So, the pressure field is asking to input inHg and it's interpreting it as inHg (although we have metric input set) and the velocity is asking you to input fps, but it's interpreting it as m/s.

Some other suggestions.

A) I like the fact you can just put in temp/humidity/station pressure and hit calculate.

But there should also be another option that just allows temp/humidity/altitude. This is because many people will fill in the CORRECTED pressure instead of station and get bogus results. Also, I'm frequently calculating drops for places that I am not currently in (esp when using a web application) and therefore a Kestrel cannot help. I might know (approx) the altitude - but I don't know have a faintest clue to the station pressure at that place. I have to go to another web site to give me an approximation.

B) You should have a separate button for metric output for range card. To get this, I have to set it to metric input (including calibre) which is a pain if I know I have a .308 going 2600 fps. I suppose this is close to what "mixed" mode does? Anyway, good to hear that you are going to do per-field unit selection which will get away from some of this. But you really want to be able to say, no matter what the inputs or outputs, that you want the range card to be in meters or yards.

C) Output doesn't show temp.

D) As I said above - great news on the units. You can keep your current approach to set a default for most fields, but you should be able to override the units on any field. Different parts of the world, and different ages groups do different things with units (and many shooters do their own thing as well). I am comfortable with both, and can readily convert, but that's what computers should do. e.g In the US, it's all Imperial units - but ranges can be metric. In the UK, you have metric temp and pressure, but speed is mostly fps and ranges could be easily yards. In Australia, it's metric temp, pressure and maybe speed for younger people, but imperial calibre and bullet weights (mostly) - but sight-in might still be 100 yards (91 meters). In Europe, it's metric everything, except maybe calibre. Anyway, you've seen the light on this one, so my rant is superfluous.

Cheers,
Farmer B.

Farmer B,
Thank you for your review and suggestions. We do plan on continuing to develop this tool and your suggestions will be addressed. Currently we're all attending SHOT show in Las Vegas thru Friday (17 Jan) so we won't be able to get in it right away, but it is on the 'todo' list.
Take care,
-Bryan

Not really a technical question but I'll ask anyway. Can a screen be replaced on the Kestrel itself? Mine got beat up pretty good this last weekend and I was just curious what my options are on that. Thanks?

Farmer B,
Thank you for your review and suggestions. We do plan on continuing to develop this tool and your suggestions will be addressed. Currently we're all attending SHOT show in Las Vegas thru Friday (17 Jan) so we won't be able to get in it right away, but it is on the 'todo' list.
Take care,
-Bryan

Sure Bryan - lucky barstards :)

One more thing whilst I'm on a roll for you to have a look at later...

The WEZ doesn't seem to reflect reality to me:

I put in a .308 with a Nosler 125 gn BT at 1400 fps, and a 240 HPMK at 3500 (!)

I got a WEZ of 42.6%, 8.5% and 1.3% at 1280 meters for both - which surprised me?

Is this expected or some bug in the web application?
In fact, it doesn't matter what I put in, I get the same result = I'm thinking bug.

Really like my new 4500 w/AB and was able to get the software and profile loader to work just fine. I'm hoping to get to the range soon to see how it comes together but I with there was a way I could print out my "range card". I'm not real techy so this is in the range of most users I would think.

I see the "quick keys" but is there a video or instructions on how to use the unit quickly? Say a target of interest appears at 400+ yards on an incline/decline, the wind is blowing and you need make the shot sooner than later. What steps do I need to practice so I can get the info I need as quickly as possible?

The fastest way to do this is to be at your main ballistics screen showing the elevation and windage. From there, hit the enter key. That will pop you into the target screen. Scroll left or right to then update the range quickly. Press the power/back button to pop back out to the main screen. That's the fastest way to enter a manual range input since it doesn't run the ballistics calcs on the target screen.

Otherwise, the range card is an option. From the main ballistics screen, scroll down to the bottom and select "Range Card" from the menu. Once you are on the screen, hit enter once more to set the increments. If you're shooting short range 20-50 meters should be enough. If you're going longer range and want finer resolution, set it to 10 meters.

And... yet 1 more method. You can do multiple targets on the Kestrel. So, let's say there's a pathway that you know the target may walk through, you can set that range in your targets by going to the target screen, pressing up, scrolling to the right and enabling targets B/C/D/E. Set the range on those target screens to be the target ranges that you just got from your LRF. Now, back out to the main screen. Hitting left / right while the Tgt is highlighted will now cycle between all of your targets.

If you want to print a nominal range card, our web site has the ability to do that with the new ballistics calculator. And if you have the profile loader up and running, then it will work with that. You can enter in all of your gun/bullet data on the web site, print the range card, save the profile, then upload it to your Kestrel.

Farmer brown - we noticed that with internet explorer, it for some unknown reason caches those images from the output of the WEZ. The best way to do it to make sure you get the results is to hit refresh on the page. Even though we do a new calculation each time, internet explorer caches the images and shows always the same image once you've done it once. Firefox/Chrome/Safari don't seem to have this issue.

I just got my AB w/ BT a few days ago, but I can't seem to figure out how to input some of my previous data. When entering my existing zero info, is there anyway to input the conditions that I zeroed at? (i.e. temp, altitude, etc)

EDIT: I found where I can input my Zero Temp, but what about DA?

Last edited:
I just got my AB w/ BT a few days ago, but I can't seem to figure out how to input some of my previous data. When entering my existing zero info, is there anyway to input the conditions that I zeroed at? (i.e. temp, altitude, etc)

EDIT: I found where I can input my Zero Temp, but what about DA?

Short answer, No.

We've supported this feature in other apps and the result is that it highly complicates things for the user and often causes bad solutions due to being mis-used.

The best way to address this problem is to avoid it. The way you avoid it is by zeroing short (100 yards or meters). Your 100 yard/meter zero will not be affected by atmospherics by a significant amount the way long range zeroes are.

In other words, this is a 'be smart' thing, not a 'fix with tech' thing.

The 'zero temp' is associated with powder temperature/MV, not air density.

Take care,
-Bryan

-- NEW AB KESTREL FIRMWARE RELEASE --

The Applied Ballistics and Kestrel teams are pleased to announce firmware version Iss 4.80.

This release is primarily a bug fix release that addresses several items related to the compass. If you are experiencing difficulty using the compass such as lost calibration, difficulty calibrating, or perhaps erroneous readings, we recommend that you update to this new version. If you are not experiencing such issues it is not necessary to upgrade at this time. No modifications to the ballistics portion of the device have been updated and when you upgrade, all of your user guns will remain on the device.

Direct link to BT version: Download ZIP
Direct link to Non-BT version: Download ZIP
Kestrel Support Page

To upgrade:

1) Download the ZIP file for your Kestrel device and unzip to the or a known folder
2) Open the ZIP file and navigate to the Bootloader software folder. If you have not already installed the NK Bootloader application, open the Bootloader Setup file and install the application.
3) Connect the Kestrel device to your PC via the cradle or Bluetooth link
4) Launch the NK Bootloader application
5) Choose the correct COM port form your PC
6) Choose the BIN file from the File menu and click Start Download

The device will display REFLASH on the screen. Once the download is complete, the NK Bootloader software will notify you that the upgrade is complete.

We will continue to monitor this thread if you have any issues.

Thanks!

-The Applied Ballistics Team

-- NEW AB KESTREL FIRMWARE RELEASE --

The Applied Ballistics and Kestrel teams are pleased to announce firmware version Iss 4.80.

This release is primarily a bug fix release that addresses several items related to the compass. If you are experiencing difficulty using the compass such as lost calibration, difficulty calibrating, or perhaps erroneous readings, we recommend that you update to this new version. If you are not experiencing such issues it is not necessary to upgrade at this time. No modifications to the ballistics portion of the device have been updated and when you upgrade, all of your user guns will remain on the device.

Direct link to BT version: Download ZIP
Direct link to Non-BT version: Download ZIP
Kestrel Support Page

To upgrade:

1) Download the ZIP file for your Kestrel device and unzip to the or a known folder
2) Open the ZIP file and navigate to the Bootloader software folder. If you have not already installed the NK Bootloader application, open the Bootloader Setup file and install the application.
3) Connect the Kestrel device to your PC via the cradle or Bluetooth link
4) Launch the NK Bootloader application
5) Choose the correct COM port form your PC
6) Choose the BIN file from the File menu and click Start Download

The device will display REFLASH on the screen. Once the download is complete, the NK Bootloader software will notify you that the upgrade is complete.

We will continue to monitor this thread if you have any issues.

Thanks!

-The Applied Ballistics Team

Hi,

That URL (certainly for the non-Bluetooth) is wrong (extra bracket on end). But even when it's right, the ZIP archive seems corrupt.

Error.jpg

Later: now I see the URL is right, it was wrong in the email extract, but the archive still seems corrupted.

Last edited:
The original zip archive has been replaced for the non Bluetooth version and it should be available to all users that have that version now.

Thanks,

-Nick

i am little confused on the proper way to calibrate barometric pressure in (system). I am also confused on calibrating altitude and barometric pressure in weather mode and how it affects the ballistic program and station pressure in environment setup. if someone could please give me a simple explanation of the proper way to set those things up it would be much appreciated.

i am little confused on the proper way to calibrate barometric pressure in (system). I am also confused on calibrating altitude and barometric pressure in weather mode and how it affects the ballistic program and station pressure in environment setup. if someone could please give me a simple explanation of the proper way to set those things up it would be much appreciated.

Bob Lee - The ballistics code ensures that it ALWAYS uses station pressure, regardless of your calibration settings. This was done intentionally since this is a very common question and one that many people do incorrectly. The ballistics solver always needs to know the station (absolute) pressure and thus we ensure that is what is grabbed from the sensor and put directly into the ballistics calculations.

I always keep my reference altitude set to zero and this ensures that in weather mode that you are always reading the station pressure. That's the easiest and most foolproof thing to do...

Bob Lee - The ballistics code ensures that it ALWAYS uses station pressure, regardless of your calibration settings. This was done intentionally since this is a very common question and one that many people do incorrectly. The ballistics solver always needs to know the station (absolute) pressure and thus we ensure that is what is grabbed from the sensor and put directly into the ballistics calculations.

I always keep my reference altitude set to zero and this ensures that in weather mode that you are always reading the station pressure. That's the easiest and most foolproof thing to do...

Thanks. also i have an apple computer will profile loader be able to run on osx anytime soon?

I have a friend that is having an issue with his related to cold weather operation. It simply won't turn on when it gets down to 30° or so but as soon as you warm it up it turns on. Any thoughts here? Maybe a battery issue?

mdesign - Excellent - glad you got it updated.

varmint slayer - That's odd behavior and that's the first report that I am aware of on such an issue. I would contact Kestrel directly on that item.

Bob Lee - Regarding the OS X version - We've discussed such a version but are not currently developing it. We've focused our efforts lately on an iOS version of the Applied Ballistics smartphone application which will soon be available. We've had several users post that they have had success running the profile loader under Parallels though.

Here are the instructions per a previous user:

---
Using the Windows applications can be done with a Mac. Here are the steps to connect your Kestrel to the Mac through Parallels.

1) Pair the Kestrel with your Mac
2) Go to the virtual machine's configuration page (menu bar:Virtual Machine:Configure...)
3) Select the "Hardware" tab on top
4) Select the "USB & Bluetooth" on the left
5)Make sure automatic sharing of Bluetooth devices is checked
6) Restart virtual machine

Make sure Kestrel is still on. Once the virtual machine has started, inside the virtual machine:

1) Go to the Control Panel
2) Select "Devices and Printers"
3) Select "Add a device" from below the menu bar
4) It should present you with a Bluetooth device called "Other" -- that's the Kestrel
5) You will need to pair it with the Kestrel's PIN

A device called K4500-XXXXXX should show up in the Devices and Printers, where XXXXXX is the serial number of your Kestrel
On my virtual machine, it was mapped to COM3, that's the serial port you use for the Profile Loader and NK Bootloader
---

Hi mil_coder,

I have found out what was causing the issue with the profile loader - bug. Not sure it's always there, but it came up before and I thought it was due to a corrupted download of new firmware. The symptom was that the menu were very slow - like the unit was CPU bound. But it's to do with a apparent bug in the profile loader.

Specifically the MV Temp Table.

I've never used it - but it seems like the Profile loader 'sends' the unit MV Temp Table information that's invalid (or zeroed out). Maybe it's my moving between metric/imperial that gets the profile loader into this state, but now I know what it does and how to work around it.

If I download a profile with mv = 800 m/s - it will ADD a blank entry in the MV Temp table that says "0 m/s at 0C". Then it seems to somehow 'interpolate' the current velocity giving the current environmental conditions. I presume the minimum velocity value is 300 fps, since it calculates the current velocity to be 91 m/s (~300 fps). Since this velocity is 'calculated' it cannot be changed by the user (has a little 'square' next to it). This is very frustrating if you don't know what it is. I usually only use a single velocity (which I measure on the day).

This calculating seems to be what hogs the CPU and causes the slow response.

If I add a couple of entries to the MV Temp Table fields, it will download them to the unit, all good, but it will ALWAYS add an additional, wrong entry (usually 0/0).

To fix, I simply delete this entry from the unit - and the proper V0 that I input takes over and the unit behaves perfectly again.

Glad I sorted that out - a real pain when this takes over your unit (I deleted them all and did it all manually last time, IIRC).

Cheers
Farmerbrown

Hi mil_coder,

I have found out what was causing the issue with the profile loader - bug. Not sure it's always there, but it came up before and I thought it was due to a corrupted download of new firmware. The symptom was that the menu were very slow - like the unit was CPU bound. But it's to do with a apparent bug in the profile loader.

Specifically the MV Temp Table.

I've never used it - but it seems like the Profile loader 'sends' the unit MV Temp Table information that's invalid (or zeroed out). Maybe it's my moving between metric/imperial that gets the profile loader into this state, but now I know what it does and how to work around it.

If I download a profile with mv = 800 m/s - it will ADD a blank entry in the MV Temp table that says "0 m/s at 0C". Then it seems to somehow 'interpolate' the current velocity giving the current environmental conditions. I presume the minimum velocity value is 300 fps, since it calculates the current velocity to be 91 m/s (~300 fps). Since this velocity is 'calculated' it cannot be changed by the user (has a little 'square' next to it). This is very frustrating if you don't know what it is. I usually only use a single velocity (which I measure on the day).

This calculating seems to be what hogs the CPU and causes the slow response.

If I add a couple of entries to the MV Temp Table fields, it will download them to the unit, all good, but it will ALWAYS add an additional, wrong entry (usually 0/0).

To fix, I simply delete this entry from the unit - and the proper V0 that I input takes over and the unit behaves perfectly again.

Glad I sorted that out - a real pain when this takes over your unit (I deleted them all and did it all manually last time, IIRC).

Cheers
Farmerbrown

Farmberbrown - when you have a moment, shoot me a screenshot of the data that you have entered into the Profile loader. In addition, let me know what units you have set on the Kestrel. I'll take a look at that today and see where there may be an issue.

Thanks for letting us know about this issue.

Please email me the screenshot directly at: [email protected] and I will be able to take a look at this today and get back to you.

Thanks man!

-Nick

Ok,

On its way - cannot reload the data into the Kestrel - need it for outing in the mountains tomorrow and I have it all set up.

Cheers
Farmer

I figured I would update the software on my kestrel 4500 with applied ballistics. Can you guys possibly make this anymore difficult? What a pain in the ass. I am not a computer guy that goes without saying. I am running windows 8.1 and I go to choose the com port and all I get is a white box with no options. I couldn't be happier with the kestrel and the applied ballistic software is great I don't have a bad thing to say about either they are SPOT ON!!!!!! You just need to make this a little easier to pull off and I am sure a computer guy thinks its simple. But not me. And I am sure I am not the only one.

Ok after printing the How to upgrade your kestrel software using the NK bootloader program and reading them (more pictures than words) Success!!!!!!!! Without those directions forget it I wouldn't of made it thru it. I am glad the kestrel unit is easier to use than it is to update. And if I made it thru this I would say its a good test for your directions.

When I look at about on my kestrel it says version 37. Is this the most recent? I have a 4500 AB Bluetooth version.

So the update software is done. So now the device will connect for about 5 sec before disconnecting. I updated the software using Bluetooth connection. It will find the device connect and then drop the connection. Its not the computer there were no setting changed. I even removed the Bluetooth mouse and speaker that were paired to the computer. I just want to get my rifles back on the unit. For the money that I paid for this unit it sure as hell shouldn't be so buggy. So how do I connect the device now? It shouldn't take instructions to connect a Bluetooth device. Find device pair device add password. And it pairs. And it should stay paired. As you guys can tell I am pissed!!!!!! The update was painful enough now this. When the unit is powered up it says ISS 4.8 so it is the latest version.
" all of your user guns will remain on the device." No they won't. Glad I backed up my info with pad and pen.

Last edited:
Talked to a guy at kestrel this morning he looked into the issue and called me back this afternoon with a RA#. Said they would get it taken care of. I cant ask for more than that.

But I will still say that this product would be even more successful the easier it is to connect to a computer. The unit is easy to use now make it as easy to connect to a computer and update software or manage rifles.

OK so I'm a little frustrated, I have all apple products, phone, iPad, computer exc. but I chose to go ahead and purchase the Kestrel 4500 AB and thought that I could just buy and inexpensive android pda to connect and download my Kestrel to it. Really don't want to buy and expensive windows computer or an additional phone to be able to download my info. The pda picks up the bluetooth from the kestrel just fine, I also purchased the Applied Ballistics App and thought the to would connect and work together but I'll be damned if I can get it to do shit. Now Im into this deal for a grand and I can't find any info to help connect the devices, spent most of my day looking and trying to make this work but I'm having no luck. Can anyone help me out with a link or some info, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

Last edited:
OK so I'm a little frustrated, I have all apple products, phone, iPad, computer exc. but I chose to go ahead and purchase the Kestrel 4500 AB and thought that I could just buy and inexpensive android pda to connect and download my Kestrel to it. Really don't want to buy and expensive windows computer or an additional phone to be able to download my info. The pda picks up the bluetooth from the kestrel just fine, I also purchased the Applied Ballistics App and thought the to would connect and work together but I'll be damned if I can get it to do shit. Now Im into this deal for a grand and I can't find any info to help connect the devices, spent most of my day looking and trying to make this work but I'm having no luck. Can anyone help me out with a link or some info, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

You have to download the software and load the profiles via bluetooth or serial connection. They have a web based version you may be able to do via bluetooth only I believe that the issue is Apple is extremely picky about what devices can pair via bluetooth. I would try the web based profile builder and try to load it via bluetooth to the Kestrel

Thank lawnMM, I have tried. Guess I'll keep digging until I get it. Wish Apple would change there policy and allow devices like the kestrel to work with there products.

Thank lawnMM, I have tried. Guess I'll keep digging until I get it. Wish Apple would change there policy and allow devices like the kestrel to work with there products.

I think there's a post in this thread that gives a way to make it work on a apple computer.

If you go to there web site and go to the 4500 applied ballistics unit. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see a download for Bluetooth device. You need that. But don't feel too bad after the software update I couldn't get mine to connect via Bluetooth or I should say stay connected it would connect for 5 seconds. Just received replacement unit it isn't any better. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Too much money for something this buggy. Get on it and get this fixed. So I went with a usb cradle that will fix the problem. NO it will connect and load any 1 of the selected rifles from the list of 4. If I select 1 rifle it will transfer it if I select 4 it will transfer the first one in the list. Now what if I just transfer 1 at a time yes this will take a couple minutes no big deal. No it over writes what is on the kestrel and only shows the rifle being loaded. This is a great unit it just sucks ass when it comes to connecting it to a computer.

Last edited:
Ok it is way better now. Thanks to Joe at kestrel. I can connect via Bluetooth now. The profile loader still doesn't work with Bluetooth it has a fault. Now you need the profile loader build #29 not #24. If you click the help button on the profile loader it will tell you the version. But the great news is I was able to load guns with the usb cradle.

I'm running a mac - windows 7, parallels. I'm able to connect with bluetooth on com 4, selecting com 5 though for the connection in the software.

When I run the newest version of AB Profile Loader, clicking connect on Com 5, and getting "Device Connected" that seems to run fine.

The issue is when I attempt to "Get Profiles from Kestrel" I get the error "Could not determine state of device...Check connection"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
BY

I'm running a mac - windows 7, parallels. I'm able to connect with bluetooth on com 4, selecting com 5 though for the connection in the software.

When I run the newest version of AB Profile Loader, clicking connect on Com 5, and getting "Device Connected" that seems to run fine.

The issue is when I attempt to "Get Profiles from Kestrel" I get the error "Could not determine state of device...Check connection"

Any ideas?

Thanks,
BY

I saw that error as well. Try changing com ports. If that doesn't work close and restart the loader, seems like after performing a function it doesn't always reset itself properly

In regards to Berger 140 Hybrids, that have been pointed, what is the best way to keep the drops accurate at various ranges? Adjusting in the field using MV Cal doesn't feel like the best solution as the BC is most likely higher than the published .317 G7 and seems like it would scale incorrectly versus chrono'd MV and the reference BC. Would playing with the G7 BC until it matches up closely to experienced drops in a ballistic solver be the best approach to begin with versus changing MV or DSF at ranges closer than transonic?

Any estimated time frame on a custom drag curve for the 140 Hybrids pointed or otherwise?