• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Ballistic AE .. what is it missing that you want..

go into the iphone settings "app" then look for ballistic AE. scroll down to the "units of measure" section and select "atmosphere" at the bottom. choose "format" at then select Density Altitue. If you have the lastest version it will give you an error as seen in the previous post, until the update with the fix comes out soon. until then use the meteorological atmosphere setting.

I had done that already, but still not there. I just opened HUD, it shows DA, I load my bullet, it's gone. I go to make a new favorite and the DA is not even present...this is super aggravating and I have a decent amount of patience.

I had done that already, but still not there. I just opened HUD, it shows DA, I load my bullet, it's gone. I go to make a new favorite and the DA is not even present...this is super aggravating and I have a decent amount of patience.

Go to calc page and hit top right button and reset defaults then it should work and you can create a new favorite.

I would like to be able to have a section for muzzle velocity variation, from some temprature to another say -40F to 120F. Then you can enter your velocity at a few tempratures, and it would calculate the rest. This would be for ammo temprature. So lets say your ammo temp is 60F, and the ambient is 20F, you would still get your atmospherics from the 20F and use the velocity of 60F. I have not messed with Ballistic AE, is there a section for this?

Go to calc page and hit top right button and reset defaults then it should work and you can create a new favorite.

Finally, got it. Thank you!

I did get the error, but I know they're working on that. At least I have the ability to get it in there now. Thank you.

Is the app developer still monitoring this thread? I got the update today but I still get the error message when entering a LOS angle. I've already tried resetting defaults and entering all my data again but it didn't work.

You can go to his site and submit a quesiton by email and he will get back with you. I did that and he replied within a few hours. Look up the app in the app store and there should be a link to his email address...

My original errors were resolved with the update but am still seeing a hard crash when working in the HUD. Happens when I am adjusting DA an the on/off button.

You can go to his site and submit a quesiton by email and he will get back with you. I did that and he replied within a few hours. Look up the app in the app store and there should be a link to his email address...

I have sent two emails recently (in the last week) and have sent emails before asking questions. Only once have I had a response, it wasn't a helpfull one at that.
That said,I do like the app...

What I would like to know if there is way to upgrade to the AE version.
Any of you know the answer to that ?
Thanks
T

Just received an email from Jonathan,

Hi, at the moment there's no way to upgrade between product versions as App Store developers are being used for using in app purchase under some silly patent lawsuit. Until apple sorts it out, I'd rather not get sued by using their in app. I'm afraid you'd need to purchase the full version separately.

So there we go...

Last edited:
Can we start using "gun profiles" in favourites instead of just bullets/loads?

It would be easier to have gun info to include:
- barrel length
- barrel twist
- optic height
- optic info
- etc...

And then have your loads listed within that gun...just a thought

As an old user of Ballistic AE, I just wanted to express my appreciation of the massive work Jonathan has been putting into this amazingly wonderful program. It has been very useful to me, and I'm grateful.

Thread: Ballistic AE .. what is it missing that you want..

A refund.

Hi, it's Jonathan...

The powder idea is a good idea, and I pursued this a while back, but there's very little credible data (and no real good formulas) out there to calculate velocity shift due to powder temperature. I have considered adding a velocity factor in the reloading section that you could populate with an estimate, for example 10 fps per degree (or whatever), but it would all be very approximate. Any other apps I see trying to do this are approximating as well, and not doing a great job at it.

As for metric... just go into Settings and flip whichever units you like to metric. You can change distance, atmosphere, and all other units.

Upgrades will be free through the App Store as soon as Apple approves 3.4... they'll always remain free (that's just how the store works)

Litz G7 BCs are in the advance edition and iPad edition.

I've updated the website with a lot of new upcoming features and screenshots. Feel free to check it out at Ballistic: The Pro Ballistic Trajectory Computer for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad

Cheers

Hey Jonathan, I was using Ballistic AE on my work Iphone and unfortunately they recently upgraded it to a Galaxy S4 which is droid. Any chance you guys have a droid version because I have been unable to locate it on the market...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AshesToAshes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess what new feature I'm working on

http://ballistic.zdziarski.com/images/IMG_3210.PNG</div></div>

nice....

Very very nice..... I've had this app for quite awhile and it only keeps getting better and better, keep up the good work. Worth the $ that's for sure!

I went to shooter because I need a function for it to save my most recent defaults. And I run ballistics for multiple weapons on the same device. the favorites thing screws me up. I want to be able to pull up a load easily and have it resetted to my most recent inputted atmospheric conditions. IMHO, Ballistic does not make it easy enough to toggle between loads and be confident that your atmospheres were saved. I travel between Utah and Ohio and West Virginia to shoot. If I didn't, it wouldn't be a problem. ALSO, IIRC, the HUD doesn't give a decimal position in certain positions on the iPad. Past 1000 yards, the difference between .5 MOA can mean a hit versus a miss.

I would like Ballistic for ipad to retain the name of the load as contained in the favorites menu. When you select the favorite and it displays in the half screen view the name is their, when you load the favorite it is no longer there. It would help keep tables separated if the name of the favorite appeared on the loaded favorite.
In any case this is my favorite ballistic software, and I have used it for years.

Just downloaded. Using shooter now. Will have to say it looks complete as I have begun to enter data.

Would like to see in the HUD mode, the option of correction being shown in mils for elevation (already available) and inches for windage. Reason would be to support reticles that don't have windage hash marks but still have an elevation turret.

John

Last edited:
are you guys aware of this new stability formula?

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...ty-open-tipped-match-style-rifle-bullets.html

the first post has a link where you can download the .XLS file and plug in the numbers but it would be cool if this was in Ballistic AE for us to use there as well.

We just select FMJ, Plastic Tip, or OTM along with the proper measurement for the latest and greatest formula to use.

Somebody might have already said this but I want a part of ballistic ae to have a Reticle (from all the major scope manufacturers ) that has a target and your reticle will show you where to hold. Basically just like MILDOT BALLISTICS. If you would do that you'd have the holy grail of ballistic apps. I just want to be able to look at my phone, which would be just like looking threw scope and be able to see where to hold real quick like

Ballistic AE .. what is it missing that you want..

Hey Jonathan,

First off I would like to thank you for such an amazing app! The only suggestion I have is a way to record speed variations based on temperature at the range, and for it to then use the recorded values to help more accurately predict muzzle velocity and for a specific weapon based on current environmental conditions.
Keep up the great work!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anybody have trouble with Atmosphere fields populating when asking for local weather. I keep getting an error on iphone and my ipad stating "weather conditions have been aquired but altitude not available" then it doesn't populate any of the fields....

Anybody have trouble with Atmosphere fields populating when asking for local weather. I keep getting an error on iphone and my ipad stating "weather conditions have been aquired but altitude not available" then it doesn't populate any of the fields....

Just tried it and got the same error.
Worked yesterday

Just got this from the author...worked for me, he's working a fix

The real problem appears to be that NMI just updated their weather APIs, so it’s not able to read any data from them (including weather).

I made some other fixes too, but you might try going into settings and changing your weather service to NOAA, and see if that causes it to start working. I think Apple settings makes you hit the back button after changing it in order for it to take; you might also try force-quitting the app.

Last edited:
Just got this from the author...worked for me, he's working a fix

The real problem appears to be that NMI just updated their weather APIs, so it’s not able to read any data from them (including weather).

I made some other fixes too, but you might try going into settings and changing your weather service to NOAA, and see if that causes it to start working. I think Apple settings makes you hit the back button after changing it in order for it to take; you might also try force-quitting the app.

That worked!
Thanks to you and the author.

I don't think the author is following this thread any more. But if you are, I have a question on the target speed and wind. While practicing on a 3 mph mover, I had a 10 mph easterly wind which meant I needed to hold 1.6 into the wind. However, I had to hold about 1.0 with the wind.

I tried mimicking that on the app by changing the wind direction and it still shows the same 1.6 wind hold whether your are shooting into the wind or with the wind. I know that is not correct by actual data. Am I not changing the right data to reflect that? Or can a new column be created, reflecting shooting with the wind based on the parameters I've input into the program of shooting into the wind?

Hope it makes sense

On a separate note, I requested this awhile back:
I'd like the option of selecting what I want to see in my trajectory window (ie wind and elevation). Also, selecting specific distances I only want to see.

Last edited:
For shooting movers I generally dial a wind rather than try to hold for wind like I usually do. Gets too confusing otherwise when the target switches direction.

Rifle cant dope is still not working correctly. While drop is OK there is no calculation for windage change due to scope offset from barrel and its zero. I've emailed about this problem at least twice in last year and still no fix.

The ease of storing, editing, and using favorites needs some work on Ballistic AE. Overall great app but could use a little work to make it easier to use.