• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Ballistic AE .. what is it missing that you want..

Re: Ballistic AE .. what is it missing that you want..

Jonathan,

I appreciate the support and continuing development you have provided over the years to the Ballistic App. I bought the FTE version back in 2009 for a very good price. I certainly have gotten my money's worth out of the App. I have been using the updated version on my IPad and have been debating whether I wanted to download the IPad version. Your responsiveness and willingness to take input in this thread sold me. I bought the iPad version of Ballistic today largely to help support the continued development of the Ballistic App. I am now busy studying the differences between the to versions on my iPad I look forward to updating to the newest version when it in released. Thanks again.

I sent a pm concerning the target images you requested.

In the "Bullet Trajectory" section of the the "Calculations" page, would it be possible to have the column headings remain visible and have the data scroll under it?

Thanks. I appreciate the good feedback. I'd also appreciate any good reviews in the App Store. A lot of people trolling for competitors or just plain don't know how to use a phone leaving really dumb reviews. You work your tail off, and some jerk who doesn't even email you for help leaves some stupid review saying there's no .308 Winchester or something asinine and then suddenly you lose sales.

MJY95, I can do that except you'd lose the ability to zoom in on your charts. I did however reprint the column headers at the bottom starting with the pending 3.4 release.

By the way what does everyone think of the new icon? I'm not a big flashy/shiny kind of person but it looks real nice on my iPad.

icon.png

iCloud syncing has just been added. d'oh.

Just left a review. You emailed within hours when i was too thick to change the units under settings, cheers mate. Awesome product.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AshesToAshes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">MJY95, I can do that except you'd lose the ability to zoom in on your charts. I did however reprint the column headers at the bottom starting with the pending 3.4 release. </div></div>

That helps. I can understand the compromise in the design. For me, the headers scrolling would be more useful than the magnification, but I realize that you need to base those decisions on feedback from users and what is going to be best for the majority.

I know this the "what is missing that you want" thread, and I apologize beforehand before I ask my question.

I'm pretty much a virgin when it comes to iPhones and apps, so please bear with me.

I'm really starting to enjoy the phone and AE app. Do wish I had a user's guide!!!

But, having said that, what do I put in my settings to use the current density altitude related to my zero density altitude for trajectory calculations?

And, does anyone have a link to which I can refer as a good tutorial?

Thanks for your patience, guys . . .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AshesToAshes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">iCloud syncing has just been added. d'oh.
</div></div>

Nice! Tank you!!

Have you tried the Ballistic website?
How to Use Ballistic
I would start with "tips for using Ballistic", then move to "Frequently Asked Questions". I am sure you will find more than enough information there to get you started. It really is a very simple app to use, if you are familiar with using an Iphone, Itouch or Ipad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this the "what is missing that you want" thread, and I apologize beforehand before I ask my question.

I'm pretty much a virgin when it comes to iPhones and apps, so please bear with me.

I'm really starting to enjoy the phone and AE app. Do wish I had a user's guide!!!

But, having said that, what do I put in my settings to use the current density altitude related to my zero density altitude for trajectory calculations?

And, does anyone have a link to which I can refer as a good tutorial?

Thanks for your patience, guys . . .</div></div>

To use DA, go into Settings and then "JBM Computer", then change "Atmosphere" from Meteorological to Density Altitude.

Once 3.4 is released, this will be Settings -> Atmosphere -> Format

FYI a complete explanation of settings and what they do is on the website.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AshesToAshes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">iCloud syncing has just been added. d'oh.
</div></div>

What does the yellow line on the trajectory chart represent? Spped of sound at given atmospheric conditions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

What about truing in mils and meters like the Atrag?
Thanks

I run it on an iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad. I'd love it if the favorites would synch. It never fails that the load I want is on the device I left at home.

It would be nice if you paid $20 on the iphone that you got the Ipad version as well. I don't understand making them two different products.

I might be missing something, but I don't see a place to save different rifles and loads. Do you have to start from the same place each time?

When is 3.4 coming out?

dieselgeek: different rifles and loads are stored in the range log. They're different products because they both took/take an incredible amount of time to design and support, and both have very different user interfaces. 3.4 will be out any day, as soon as Apple approves.

Tim K: When iCloud syncing is on, it syncs both the favorites and the range log as well. It will automatically calculate where the points of impact go on the larger targets on the iPad, and will also transfer any pictures you take of your targets to other devices.

AtoA,

I just, like 3 days ago, purchased version 3.2. Will there be an issue with an upgrade?

Is there a "Ballistic AE for Dummies" version out there anywhere on the internet??????!!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AshesToAshes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dieselgeek: different rifles and loads are stored in the range log. They're different products because they both took/take an incredible amount of time to design and support, and both have very different user interfaces. 3.4 will be out any day, as soon as Apple approves.

Tim K: When iCloud syncing is on, it syncs both the favorites and the range log as well. It will automatically calculate where the points of impact go on the larger targets on the iPad, and will also transfer any pictures you take of your targets to other devices. </div></div>

I'm an idiot. How do I turn the synch on? It seems like I looked everywhere, but obviously not.

Tim K it's not out yet. Version 3.5 has it. 3.4 is pending app store approval, then I'll submit 3.5. So probably a couple weeks and you should see it.

Kill Spade: The website has plenty of documentation and explanations of what each option / setting does.

Will the truing page be available in metric?
Thanks

Metric truing will be supported in version 3.5, which will come out shortly after 3.4 is approved.

The 3.4 standard edition was approved tonight... still waiting on the AE and iPad editions. Shouldn't be long.

3.4 was finally approved, and 3.5 is now pending approval. Check out the website for a full list of improvements. Here's one I've been keeping close to the vest until now:

3d_ipad.PNG

An option to adjust/true/calibrate muzzle velocity based on temperature do to fps/deg from powder burn at higher/lower temps. Input a velocity variation (fps/deg) and temp when velocity was recorded so software can adjust muzzle velocity up/down due to powder temp variance.

tigerfan9, this is coming out in 3.5; it's a field I call "powder sensitivity" that you set to however fps or mps fluctuation per degree your powder gives you.

"What about truing in mils and meters like the Atrag?"

What he said.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am still getting used to the interface, did some practice over the weekend with good results. I need more time working with it on the iPhone, i think the iPad version is probably better simply because of screen size.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AshesToAshes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">tigerfan9, this is coming out in 3.5; it's a field I call "powder sensitivity" that you set to however fps or mps fluctuation per degree your powder gives you. </div></div>

Sweet. Any idea when that may be coming?

not to be TOO greedy, cause I already put my vote in...but how bout an Android version sometime down the line?
These features make me consider switching from Shooter to this...but my iTouch got jacked 2 years ago.

I am no expert but don t we need take into account
rifling twist (left or right) to compute coriolis effect?
also shooting direction and latitude?
I know Lapua mobil software is using it.
thanks

I downloaded 3.4 this morning.
Range log can not be deleted
Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I downloaded 3.4 this morning.
Range log can not be deleted
Thanks
</div></div>

You just swipe and press delete... it's working

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am no expert but don t we need take into account
rifling twist (left or right) to compute coriolis effect?
also shooting direction and latitude?
I know Lapua mobil software is using it.
thanks</div></div>

Coriolis has been supported in Ballistic for several versions now; just tap the Coriolis Effect tab. Make sure you're not in simple mode.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalDillhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"What about truing in mils and meters like the Atrag?"

What he said.....^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am still getting used to the interface, did some practice over the weekend with good results. I need more time working with it on the iPhone, i think the iPad version is probably better simply because of screen size.</div></div>

I've added both MOA and Mil truing to the version after 3.5 (3.6)

3.5 is pending review in the app store and hopefully will be approved by this time next week at the latest. Some reviews only take 2 days, others take 7-10.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AshesToAshes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3.5 is pending review in the app store and hopefully will be approved by this time next week at the latest. Some reviews only take 2 days, others take 7-10. </div></div>

AtoA

Thanks for the great interaction and input from end users. It is great to see the developers take input seriously from the user.

Does Ballistic AE take input from a bluetooth connected Kestrel?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apple can't do it, it's BT on not the same standard as everyone else.

Blame crapple
smile.gif
</div></div>

Roger that.

Bastards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apple can't do it, it's BT on not the same standard as everyone else.

Blame crapple
smile.gif
</div></div>

So with Absolute enabled in the atmospherics, is it best to make sure the altitude window is blank when entering the uncorrected baro pressure from the Kestrel or does it totally disregard it no matter what is in it?

It would be great if when you emailed a particular load it came in some sort of format that could be readily cut and pasted. I know I can cut and "paste special" in excel, but I'd like to be able to simply convert it to an image so it could be used in a post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalDillhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apple can't do it, it's BT on not the same standard as everyone else.

Blame crapple
smile.gif
</div></div>

So with Absolute enabled in the atmospherics, is it best to make sure the altitude window is blank when entering the uncorrected baro pressure from the Kestrel or does it totally disregard it no matter what is in it?</div></div>

dont need to, it just ignores that field when u set psi to absolute..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalDillhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apple can't do it, it's BT on not the same standard as everyone else.

Blame crapple
smile.gif
</div></div>

So with Absolute enabled in the atmospherics, is it best to make sure the altitude window is blank when entering the uncorrected baro pressure from the Kestrel or does it totally disregard it no matter what is in it?</div></div>

dont need to, it just ignores that field when u set psi to absolute..

</div></div>

Ring,

thanks again. This probably isnt the best thread for user support, but since i got your attention.......I was playing with 3.4 a few minutes ago, just putting in numbers not actually shooting, and i noticed that when i put in a wind value, that value shows no wind in the input parameters table at the top of the trajectory chart.

Is this a bug or something I am inducing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalDillhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and i noticed that when i put in a wind value, that value shows no wind in the input parameters table at the top of the trajectory chart.

Is this a bug or something I am inducing?</div></div>

i think it has to do with the "multi" wind feature... that will be a question for Jonathan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TacticalDillhole</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and i noticed that when i put in a wind value, that value shows no wind in the input parameters table at the top of the trajectory chart.

Is this a bug or something I am inducing?</div></div>

i think it has to do with the "multi" wind feature... that will be a question for Jonathan </div></div>

Good call, I switched to simple wind and it is there. Good to know. Thanks guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ColoWyo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would put Path(mrad) or (moa) on the far left side of the HUD. Not inches. I would say that the majority of shooters use mrad or moa. It would just be nice to see your dope as the first thing you read.

Also, I just switched to the Galaxy S3. So an Android version would be really nice since I really love the program.

Thanks. </div></div>

X2