• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Ballistic AE .. what is it missing that you want..

Re: Ballistic AE .. what is it missing that you want..

Hope you all like the redesign. Settings is now a sidebar for rangefinder and HUD. Just swipe the screen for the menu. It's much faster/easier than the old settings button.

HUD:

slide.png

Rangefinder:

slide2.png

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great.
One more thing.
In trajectory , density altitude is in meter and in HUD settings, Da is in kg/m3.
Is it correct?</div></div>
Will you fixe this in the next version or not?
Thanks

An easy question;
if I've set output in MOA and I've turrets divided by 1/4 MOA, how I must read for example 3,7MOA UP? How many clicks I need after the 3 MOA?

I was used to read, in Exball software output, the number after the comma as the number of click remaining (four for 1/4MOA settings eight for 1/8 MOA settings)

Excuse me for poor english!

Thanks, Ashes . . .

So as I understand it, the HUD, when atmosphere is set to "ON", calculates the trajectory relative to the zero atmospheric conditions?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great.
One more thing.
In trajectory , density altitude is in meter and in HUD settings, Da is in kg/m3.
Is it correct?</div></div>
Will you fixe this in the next version or not?
Thanks</div></div>

It is just mislabeled. I think it's fixed in 4.2.. but you can treat it like an altitude.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, Ashes . . .

So as I understand it, the HUD, when atmosphere is set to "ON", calculates the trajectory relative to the zero atmospheric conditions?</div></div>

If you saved a "Zero Atmosphere" with your ballistics profile, and you have your settings set to load the zero atmosphere, then whatever atmosphere you specify will assume that you zeroed it in the zero atmosphere. If you have "Zero Atmosphere" set to "Retain Setting" instead of "Load From Favorites", then it will not make this correction.

Is it possible to set "current atmosphere" to automatically update conditions while in HUD, or does one have to go back to settings and manually update "current atmosphere"?

Unless I have absolutely perfect signal mine never seems to be able to load my current atmosphere, altitude, etc. I've tried all 3 different svcs. to no avail. I remember it used to work ok in the previous versions but it could also be that service has fallen off some in my area.

Also on the Kestrel Bluetooth discussion, the Kestrel won't connect because of limitations that Apple has put on the phone correct. A jailbroken phone with the right tweaks could connect right but then the programming would have to be there to know what to do with the info correct. Possible? I can't imagine Apple approving an update with changes that are intended to be used with a jailbroken device though. Wishful thinking I guess.

The issue with not recieving weather data, may be with your phone or service provider. The 3G network available to me here in Iraq is pretty sketchy, but if I can get any signal at all, I am able to download the weather data.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Driftwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The issue with not recieving weather data, may be with your phone or service provider. The 3G network available to me here in Iraq is pretty sketchy, but if I can get any signal at all, I am able to download the weather data. </div></div>

That's what I don't get. I have 3g, location turned on etc. but it gives me unable to load data message, but I can go to the Weather Channel app etc. and pull up current conditions fine.

If you can't get it to update (ever), then try resetting your location warnings. If it updates sometimes, then it's definitely some kind of connectivity issue. Your web browser connects in a completely different way than apps using a weather service do. You can try changing your weather service in settings, as well.

Thanks for the redesign on HUD! That is a serious improvement and shows you have the end user in mind. Every person I have shown this app to has purchased it. Apple has also picked up some sales just to have this!

Some important bug fixes coming in 421

Minox,

Your 3.7 output is actually very close to 3 3/4 minutes..... The program breaks it down to decimal form..... So, 3 minutes + 3/4 minute or 3 clicks if you are using a 1/4 MOA scope..... 3.5 MOA = 3 1/2 , 3.2 very close to 3 1/4.... Etc....

I hope this helps.....

Let me know of any other bugs or requests. Taking a break for Christmas, but will be ready to push out a new update in a few weeks.

Thanks a lot for all your work.
Merry christmas

In metric mode, HUD windage with 0.5 m/s step please.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sniper1*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Minox,

Your 3.7 output is actually very close to 3 3/4 minutes..... The program breaks it down to decimal form..... So, 3 minutes + 3/4 minute or 3 clicks if you are using a 1/4 MOA scope..... 3.5 MOA = 3 1/2 , 3.2 very close to 3 1/4.... Etc....

I hope this helps..... </div></div>

Thank you Sniper1*,

that's the way I used to..
but on the range you need to calculate and approximate, not so easy and immediate in extremely variable target conditions.

A way to define and set how you need the decimals (specifying the real value of our scope click) in connection on your turret will be very useful.

In trajectory screen out put I can not get the out put in mils, I have been into settings and configured, restarted fte AE 4.2 nothing seems to Chang out put. HELP

Why has my HUD gone crazy. If this was a update please change it back or tell me how to change it back. I do not care for this "U" "L" or what not. My 400 yard dial is 2.3 mils not 2. I want the exact dial, not a round about number.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its rounding whole numbers... change it in the settings to .1 </div></div>

Thanks bud I got it now. Sorry if I came off as a whiney dick, the flu sucks.

I like the current version of Ballistic AE a lot. Once Jonathan started maintaining and updating it again - it became a true beauty.

One thing I'm missing is the ability to compute trajectory beyond (approximately) 2400m. Would appreciate much if it could be updated/enhanced to do that.

Is it possible to link the trajectory and HUD when selecting a load from favorites? In other words when I load a cartridge from favorites in trajectory it also loads it in the HUD.

Thanks for such an outstanding program.

Dino

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dinosdeuce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is it possible to link the trajectory and HUD when selecting a load from favorites? In other words when I load a cartridge from favorites in trajectory it also loads it in the HUD.

Thanks for such an outstanding program.

Dino </div></div>

This is a good idea, I agree with you!

When I'm saving a favorite or modifying and old one and changing the name slightly when I hit done on the keyboard it doesn't go away. Not a big deal and I'm still running 5.0.1 or something so it may just be affecting me.

I think the favorites could be improved a little if it could be divided into folders by rifle. ie. set up each rifle as a tab and loads for that on go under that tab. Or maybe just be able to separate rifles like how the bullets and loads are in that database. Is there a way to change the order in favorites now? That alone would make it easier to find the one I'm looking for quicker.

Thanks for all your hard work and putting up with us.

Well, Ballistic AE made a true believer out of me yesterday.

Went down to the farm and out to one of the pastures over which I shoot from time to time.

Placed a pumpkin at the forrest fence and went back to the other side od the pasture.

LRF said 462 meters. The batteries my Kestrel had died so I had to guesstimate the wind. Put in 12 mph at 12:30 ~ 1:00. Gave me a solution of 3 mil Up and .1 mil <span style="color: #CC0000"><span style="font-weight: bold">Left</span></span>. Dialed in in and took three shots. Nothing happened.

Well I was headed home so I thought for kicks and giggles I'd just ride back over to the pumpkin and take a look.

All three shots had hit. 2 shots low about 3 inches and left about three inches and about an inch apart. The third round was about 3 inches low and 3 inches right.

Quick question, however, with the wind coming from 12:30 to 1:00, why did a get a Left windage adjustment?

I would like it to hook up to to a kestrel with Bluetooth.

Killer Spade 13 in settings do you have wind direction or wind origin selected? I may be wrong, but it sounds like you have wind direction checked and using it for wind origin.

I would like to be able to email myself dope card sized trajectory charts as opposed to the full size that currently mails. It used to be this way on an older version.

Back to work.. have a small set of feature enhancements for future editions. Keep the ideas rolling. Thanks!

You are correct! Thanks. I guess I haven't seen that since it was added.

My scope is 1/10 mil dot. On HUD when adjusting UP it has even numbers like 40, 57, 90, am I suppose to add in my own decimal in those or what?

Currently choosing .1 mRad for recticle choice...

Not complaining, but there just doesn't seem to be a good FAQ place for Ballistice AE.

Question:

When using the "Truing" function, does one shoot at the 5 sample targets with using the zero function of the round, or does one use the suggested trajectory adjustment based upon the bullet and G factor of the round being used?

what is your load?....

i use 2 data points 600y and 1000y but if your round goes subsonic before 1k, u need your 2nd data point to around 100fps above the SS point

use a small target like a clay pigeon...

you put the distance and your dope to hit it.. all u need

OK, I guess I'm just not asking the question in the right context:

Should I:

1: Leave the scope set at my zero setting and shoot my data shots and record the results

or

2: Make the drop adjustments in the scope, shoot the data shots and record the results

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Killer Spade 13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK, I guess I'm just not asking the question in the right context:

Should I:

1: Leave the scope set at my zero setting and shoot my data shots and record the results

or

2: Make the drop adjustments in the scope, shoot the data shots and record the results</div></div>

for calibration?..#1
after doing 1, then the program should do the rest... BUT!!!!

if after doing that, if you numbers DONT match, EX:you put in your 600/1000 data, then go into the program, and now all your numbers are wonky, then you need to calibrate the scope clicks, or send it in to be checked...

ask me how i know
smile.gif

I just wanted to say this APP is great. It offers so much. I use it as my log book now, and it's easy to keep track of how my groups and loads are doing. I use it at all of my matches now, and after you get it down, the app works flawlessly.

Might have to get you guys to help me set this up, its a little more indepth than Shooter but I got a new Iphone and have to start over.

My load -
44gr Reloader 15
Remington brass
2.836 oal
175gr SMK HPBT (box says match 2275?)

Rifle/Scope -
R700 SPS Tactical
20'' 1/12twist
Bushnell Elite Tactical 1/10 click mil/mil

When I first start the program is never opens the Trajectory I used the last time, always defaults. Can someone help me with that?

Also under Projectile Characteristics for BC, do I choose my bullet under the Bullet category or Litz? and for drag model G1/G7?

Now, for my instrumentation, which format do I use? Meteorological, Density of Air, or Density Altitude? I am using a Kestrel and can get my DA and other information, but if I am using Meteorological it only has Density FT.

And finally how do I save all this for my favorites so that when I turn on my BAE it auto remembers everything and when I am in HUD, I have a ballistic profile to choose, and dont have to keep entering it?

i think if i have time tonight i make a "how to" setup vid and utube it...

"Also under Projectile Characteristics for BC, do I choose my bullet under the Bullet category or Litz? and for drag model G1/G7?"

go to litz 1st.. if your bullet is listed, use it, if not go to the main list

litz is all g7

the main list is mostly g1... the g1 you can "convert" to g7

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CleanMoostang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Now, for my instrumentation, which format do I use? Meteorological, Density of Air, or Density Altitude? I am using a Kestrel and can get my DA and other information, but if I am using Meteorological it only has Density FT.

And finally how do I save all this for my favorites so that when I turn on my BAE it auto remembers everything and when I am in HUD, I have a ballistic profile to choose, and dont have to keep entering it?

</div></div>

if your Kestrel has DA, set AE to DA.. a few pages back should have pics i post of inputing it..

to save a profile you 1st build it under trajectory, then save to Fav.

i have mine default open up to HUD, then just click profile, and it will open FAV, click load and done...

I'd appreciate any good reviews.

A few people have left less than great reviews, and haven't bothered even contacting me to try and address the issues they're having. At least a few of them clearly can't read and didn't bother reading the website documentation. I think a couple aren't using the app properly... but because these are just reviews, I have no idea who these people are and therefore can't reach out to them to try and fix their problems.

So... I'd appreciate any good reviews to offset some of these.

Ok so I click the arrow in the top right corner and clicked "Save Defaults" but when I click Favorites nothing is in there, and in HUD, I click Ballistic Profile and the only thing it says is New Projectile.

Also, my Path(moa) and Wind(moa) are still showing whole numbers instead of #.#(mil) like I need.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AshesToAshes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd appreciate any good reviews.

A few people have left less than great reviews, and haven't bothered even contacting me to try and address the issues they're having. At least a few of them clearly can't read and didn't bother reading the website documentation. I think a couple aren't using the app properly... but because these are just reviews, I have no idea who these people are and therefore can't reach out to them to try and fix their problems.

So... I'd appreciate any good reviews to offset some of these.
</div></div>

I've been using your app for close to a year and it is a very powerful and well developed app. However, I couldn't leave a good review (despite how happy I am with the app) as the lack of instruction for a novice user has made using the app a difficult and quite often frustrating experience. A video tutorial series walking new users through the entire process such as the series offered by isnipe would certainly put this app over the top as it offers so much more then a lot of other available apps.

An example of one frustration has been the truing feature (which is bloody brillant). It took me close to 6 months to figure out the app had this feature (I had been manually changing my velocity to true my output) and how to access this feature - I only found out how do so from other users and not your website. It's an excellent feature but if a person can't figure out how to access the feature it's useless to that user and a source of frustration if they know it exists but can't access it.

I say this as constructive criticism, as I know the app would benefit me greatly but I'm still not certain I am getting the most from this app or even if I'm using it properly.