• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ChrisWay

Private
Minuteman
Supporter+
Dec 18, 2018
Hey guys! For those of you shooting the diamond Kraft drill, here’s the second part of the data collection project that will contribute to the numbers presented on RifleKraft later this week.

if you have a hard time with the aim point on the diamond just use a colored marker and fill in the smallest diamond.

t run the stress formula into the second drill you take the widest ring you shot and add that number to 10seconds for your build and break time. Then post the target and write on it what your timefactor was so I can record it.
Here’s a video description for you visual learners

I hope to get some processed numbers and explanations from the data this week.
Stay tuned.

12 second average par. I was being lazy as I was by myself and didn't want to start stop the timer so just used a 144 second total par time. Finished in 138sec for all 12 rounds. Did it with two different Rifles as labeled in photos.

05B1BC22-BE2C-4754-BBCD-84CB0E2BFB5D.jpeg
1D3994D9-B0CD-4574-83A8-64D1CCB24685.jpeg

These are good, but I think the par time was a little short since we want to see your 25cm about 1 smaller. I think that I would try a 14 second run. I don't know if doing the total run times vs the individual positions works better, but I assume that for training the individual would work better and for comp prep the overall would work better.. but who knows. maybe do a few runs dry fire to get an idea on if you were rushing to keep up with the clock - that's where I think the strength of the build and break comes in in that you can learn the temp and know your speed for each position and develop a sense of speed you need to move. Im messing around with this but it will probably be a few months before I can tell if its helpful or not.

Reactions: enginerd
I'll come back with my times later, but I ran a 12 second par, per position. Looks like I need to make some improvements here too.

Attachments

• 20210122_164530.jpg
    20210122_164530.jpg
    318.6 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: ChrisWay
I promised times. My part time was 12 seconds.
Prone to standing: 13.43, 11.52, 9.91
Standing to kneeling: 9.46, 9.21, 9.03
Kneeling to sitting:11.51, 11.47, 10.00
sitting to prone: 14.51, 12.33, 10.33

From sitting to prone, it was actually up on a platform, so I had to jump up and get on to the platform.

What I learned from what I was seeing on paper and what was happening in and out of position was that I'd rush, get into position, and get my rifle and really bury my shoulder into it, not build a good connection between myself and my rifle.

Which was a lesson that really helped me drastically improve my shooting at my first match since I shot this drill and focused on things to help correct yesterday before I got to the match today. I really like this approach, and the IMMEDIATE feedback it provides.

My par time this go around was 13. I used a par time of 12s when I originally ran the drill, the difference being that I would go from standing into prone, vs from sitting to prone and standing to standing, vs prone to standing, if that makes sense? I also coloured in the central aiming point a bit. Pretty much the same results as the first go around (shanked one good) but taught me that I need to practice transitioning from and into prone as I don't practice that much. Kept forgetting to post this up, I'll try it again and re-post.

Photo 2021-01-03, 4 15 15 PM.jpg

So when I shot my un-timed version of this drill for this day I shot a 4moa. But since I usually shoot a 2moa I used a 12sec par time for my drill. My times were as follows: 11.98, 11.00, 10.02, 10.92, 11.16, 10.64, 10.60, 11.89, 12.71, 10.03, 10.25, 11.40. We had a decent movement from our prone position to the standing which made that a very tough transition. From my analysis I definitely need to control my breathing and follow through on these quick movements. I can say doing this drill before my comp the following day really cemented my quickness of movement need for competition. Another great drill

Attachments

• 1-22-21 timed 14sec.jpg
    1-22-21 timed 14sec.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: outofspec
Given I couldn’t shoot for shit in the first place, sounds like I need to work that out first before attempting part 2.
If you don't have a baseline to improve from, you might find it challenging to get a good bead on how to improve. I did my first (unstressed) Kraftice last month. I saw where my weaknesses were and then made a MASSIVE improvement on my next Kraftice. Then did a baseline for the Stressed Kraftice. Some of the people who weighed in on my group helped point out potential things to pay close attention to, and I focused on that during dry fire exercises.

It paid off.

It doesn't matter what it looks like, the ego is fragile and wants to shield you from thinking you'd be berated. Really what's happening is the ego drives you to under-perform because the ego can't take being scrutinized and held to light. My ego has caused me to fail in more ways I genuinely care to admit.

Kraftice: The action in which one performs the task outlined by Chris Way.

PS: the first time that the ego is set aside, it can feel like a free fall into oblivion because it is the start to massive growth.

Reactions: david8989 and DJL2
You took a look at my prior post...my group gets much larger it won't be on the paper. I couldn't even begin building a stable position off what I had to hand until I was seated or prone. It seems like there's not much point attempting (or at least recording) part 2 if I can't stay on the paper...but, then...I don't think time was a factor, so perhaps I can shoot equally poorly on the clock ;-). 17 seconds is near an eternity to setup and break a shot - I doubt I burned that much time the first go around.

You took a look at my prior post...my group gets much larger it won't be on the paper. I couldn't even begin building a stable position off what I had to hand until I was seated or prone. It seems like there's not much point attempting (or at least recording) part 2 if I can't stay on the paper...but, then...I don't think time was a factor, so perhaps I can shoot equally poorly on the clock ;-). 17 seconds is near an eternity to setup and break a shot - I doubt I burned that much time the first go around.
Have you done Kraftice without the par time? This thread is all about results with the par time.

What has really helped me is getting in and out of positions with my rifle and bag in a standing position, get stable, dry fire, then break and rebuild.
Same thing for kneeling, sitting and prone.

I've also found a couple other things to help me get stable in my positions. This is a priority focus list for me outside of the basic rifleman principles.
Object (barricade or what ever that is solid) > bone > relaxed body

Start with dryfire, if you can't do it with dry fire, live fire will only make it worse, and with the ammo constraints these days I'm always looking to conserve ammo so I try to repeat things until I feel like I've mastered them before I live fire.

Reactions: DJL2
Here’s an attempt at discussing the targetry and mindset of the data project

Clearly I missed something critical...saw the part 1 post, the part 2 post...and now the video has left me scratching my head. I completely missed the genesis/methodology post... Did I just miss it in one of those two threads? Didn't click a link? Too dumb to internet appropriately?

Reactions: outofspec
BAA4A857-3797-40D4-9C10-FA26BCF42F01.jpeg

Did the stress number today. My part time was 13. I need to work on some recoil control it looks like