• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I didnt have a ton of time today after getting up at 3:45am and at a client by 5:30, but I wanted to run out real quick and rip through a bunch of lots to see what this barrel likes for the next range session.

I shot something like 35 or so different either ammo types or lots.

Next session I'll concentrate on the ammo that shot best today which is Midas+, R50 and RWS Special Match...

22" ACE 1.2" Straight
22LR Match Eachus Chamber
Manzella Precision

Mike Manzella certainly does a beautiful job on all the barrels he produces. When you have the time to sit and shoot those groups should be all cut to about half that size.

Reactions: d_dial
I .listened to the census here and now have 2 genuine RimX mags with the RimX extensions. 500 rounds later I still have total reliability. Regarding my Manzella/Ace barrel... It has shot SK+, SKM, SK LR, Wolf and Eley match well. Doesn't seem picky which is great. Lapua long range however, not so much. I was shooting some Eley Match this morning and apart from me, it was a good combo. This rifle shows me how much I suck. I love the action, it's a joy to shoot. Typical 5 shot group....... the flyer is always me. I'm working on it. 2 pics of the same target. Maybe not good for some of you, but in general I am encouraged. This is at 100 yards, 50 is too easy!!
100 yd RimX.jpg
100 yd RimX2.jpg

Mike Manzella spun me up a Green Mountain blank with Padoms Eachus chamber. It shoots great!!! Mike is great to work with. I've shot a pile of different ammo through it and I haven't found any that it will not shoot. The interesting thing is my SD has dropped significantly from the previous barrel I was using. With all ammo. To say the least I'm very happy with it.

Does anyone here have a Rim X in an MDT Timbr Frontier Stock?
I'm just wondering if the Rim X mag will work with the MDT bottom metal?

View attachment 8404103
Not my picture. It was from Modacam’s FB post. Interesting..

This changes the design of RimX entirely.. you now need to have a reamer and set headspace for each ammo type you plan to shoot for proper ignition just like any other rimfire that came before the RimX.

That's why the RimX design is so revolutionary for high accuracy rimfire repeaters..

I have no issues with my RimX. This isn't necessary IMHO....🤷‍♂️

Also, you now need properly timed extractor grooves for thus. There goes all your prefits. Full custom timed barrel now.. at that point why not just go Vudoo instead of voiding warranty and cutting up your bolt??