• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No it's really really wierd. I took everything off - barrel, chassis, just the action and trigger and I literally have to monkey around for 20 min to get the bolt out ... and the bolt is clearly binding when it cocks.

So instead of posting on here did you first call Ray @ Zermatt to inform him of and diagnose the issue??? I mean we are talking about some of the best CS in the industry here....

Well I'm just trying to find out if there wasn't something completely obvious that I missed. I got some videos that are uploading, I'll send them to him.

So instead of posting on here did you first call Ray @ Zermatt to inform him of and diagnose the issue??? I mean we are talking about some of the best CS in the industry here....

Well I'm just trying to find out if there wasn't something completely obvious that I missed. I got some videos that are uploading, I'll send them to him.

If you push and hold the side bolt release with the bolt maybe an inch from all the way to the rear and it doesnt slip out then something else is going on. Call Zermatt, they will take care of you 100%.

Videos

Had to film using one hand but you get the idea - also for the cocking stiffness - some actions like to be run harder than others - just wondering if it's an indication of something being wrong.

As for Zermatt - I'm sure it'll work out, it's just dealing with warranty issue from Canada is such a pain - would be nice if the problem was just me or a simple fix.

st1650 may i know where you get your rimx action?you got it from canada or stateside?

Videos

Had to film using one hand but you get the idea - also for the cocking stiffness - some actions like to be run harder than others - just wondering if it's an indication of something being wrong.

As for Zermatt - I'm sure it'll work out, it's just dealing with warranty issue from Canada is such a pain - would be nice if the problem was just me or a simple fix.

How does the bolt cycle and bolt close with the trigger removed?? That would be my first test. and Ive never seen anyone work a bolt release like that. Looks acrobatic. lol. Use 2 hands, pull bolt to the rear then push in an inch or two, push in firmly on the back of the bolt release with your left thumb, and pull bolt out. If that doesnt work, something is up. Remove that trigger and test everything....

How does the bolt cycle and bolt close with the trigger removed?? That would be my first test. and Ive never seen anyone work a bolt release like that. Looks acrobatic. lol. Use 2 hands, pull bolt to the rear then push in an inch or two, push in firmly on the back of the bolt release with your left thumb, and pull bolt out. If that doesnt work, something is up. Remove that trigger and test everything....

Yeah had to do it one hand cause I didn't have a way to hold the camera - obviously I'm doing it with 2 hands - it's as if the tab doesn't protrude enough. I'll try without the trigger.

Reactions: GS1000SN
Watching your video, you have that bolt pulled way to the rear. Bolt release will not push in that far to the rear...Just tested on mine. But with my bolt pushed all the way in or most of the way in the bolt release pushes right in, hold it in and bolt pulls right out... Did you try pushing the bolt release in with the bolt pushed in much farther???

Looks like you're not even depressing the release at all. Can you not?

Also, the bolt stiffness... put a thousand rounds through it. That should "fix" it. Mine was a little tight on bolt close for the first few hundred, but I'd rather it be that way than to turn into a sloppy mess after it gets used a bit.

After 3000rnds through mine, it was nearly as good of bolt ergo's as top end centerfire actions. With over 7500 through it now, it's very good. So... just shoot the friggin thing.

Yeah I think there was an issue with the bolt release tab - I was able to unlock it with a delrin punch and I think it just wasnt perfectly centered preventing it from moving out to let the bolt. Much much much smoother now - it was probably rubbing on the bolt and causing the binding.

Reactions: Baracuda22
These stiff/rough bolt issues you guys are having or had is 100% a trigger/sear height issue. My bolt has felt the same from day one to today with over 3,500rd on my action/trigger over 5 barrels. Nothing changed or got better as I put more rounds down it.

This is with the Bix'N Andy TacSport Pro 2 stage with the correct sear for Zermatt actions installed (Low Sear). I worked with Don directly and his staff at Bullet Central to determine the proper sear height needed for the RimX before its release. Once the proper sear height was determined, Don installed it in the trigger along with the Flat 90 strigger shoe and tuned the 1st to 2nd stage travel and 1st and 2nd stage pull weights to exactly what I wanted. They come with a Medium sear, you need to install the Low sear to be the optimal sear height for Zermatt's actions... Here's a video I just made showing how smooth my bolt operates and its been this way since the first round was fired. FYI, I have multiple of these triggers I love them so much, I tried installing the sears and trigger shoes myself and tuning them and I got them feeling good, but nowhere near as good and smooth as the ones I had Don tune. I encourage you to order these from Don and tell him you want a LOW sear and whatever trigger shoe you want and tell him what you want your pull weights to be. They will do all that for you. Great customer service and people over at Bullet Central.

And to be clear, other triggers will work, and the TacSport Pro2 stage will work with the factory medium sear, its just not optimal....

Last edited:
Reactions: Redfisher60
Yeah I think there was an issue with the bolt release tab - I was able to unlock it with a delrin punch and I think it just wasnt perfectly centered preventing it from moving out to let the bolt. Much much much smoother now - it was probably rubbing on the bolt and causing the binding.

good job! i just wonder because i also running triggertech diamond on my other rimx action and the combo works flawlessly. BTW triggertech is releasing their 2 stage trigger in july.Hope they have also a good reviews about it.

These stiff/rough bolt issues you guys are having or had is 100% a trigger/sear height issue. My bolt has felt the same from day one to today with over 3,500rd on my action/trigger over 5 barrels. Nothing changed or got better as I put more rounds down it.
Triggertech doesn't have sear height problems. The actions were built around TT triggers, to my knowledge. More likely, is your action was one of the first batch, and was gone through by hand and worked in to be flawless. Production actions are not that way, and tend to be a little stiffer at first and then loosen up a bit as cycles get put on it and surfaces get mated.

Even with the low sear in my tac sport pro, the bolt close was a bit tighter with it than the triggertechs. Not enough to be an issue, but there, none the less. Once the action was put through a few thousand cycles, even the tac sport pro exhibited smoother operation.

Triggertech doesn't have sear height problems. The actions were built around TT triggers, to my knowledge. More likely, is your action was one of the first batch, and was gone through by hand and worked in to be flawless. Production actions are not that way, and tend to be a little stiffer at first and then loosen up a bit as cycles get put on it and surfaces get mated.

Even with the low sear in my tac sport pro, the bolt close was a bit tighter with it than the triggertechs. Not enough to be an issue, but there, none the less. Once the action was put through a few thousand cycles, even the tac sport pro exhibited smoother operation.

Thats funny, my action was gone through by hand and worked in to be flawless?? So your saying @Zermatt Arms "cherry picked" my action and worked it over specially before sending it to me and its not a comparable example to all the RimX's they are shipping?? Really? @Zermatt Arms can comment to that. It was 100% production and no different than any other action they shipped.

Thats funny, my action was gone through by hand and worked in to be flawless?? So your saying @Zermatt Arms "cherry picked" my action and worked it over specially before sending it to me and its not a comparable example to all the RimX's they are shipping??
What an argumentative response.

No, I'm saying its entirely possible that the very first actions out the door, are scrutinized more heavily and operations done differently than subsequent actions which get done in larger batches with more automation. This is standard in manufacturing.

It's simply a fact, that I've never had an action, from anyone or anywhere... that didn't loosen up a bit over a few thousand rounds. So if yours didn't... then its an exception, not the rule.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
What an argumentative response.

No, I'm saying its entirely possible that the very first actions out the door, are scrutinized more heavily and operations done differently than subsequent actions which get done in larger batches with more automation. This is standard in manufacturing.

It's simply a fact, that I've never had an action, from anyone or anywhere... that didn't loosen up a bit over a few thousand rounds. So if yours didn't... then its an exception, not the rule.

Its a response to your ridiculous response telling people my action is not a production action and was built, made, machined, assembled differently and thats why it runs the way it does. Thats pure speculation on your part and about as false a statement as it gets. Every action at Zermatt is made the same way. Im sure @Zermatt Arms will be along shortly to set that straight for you instead of speculating they did something differently for me.

And to prove that, Keystone Accuracy received 7 actions this week from Zermatt and 10+ Bix'N Andy TacSport Pro's with Low sears and 90 degree flat shoes all pre-installed by Don @ Bullet Central. I just had them grab one of their"Production" actions out of the safe, install the trigger and take a video so you can see a production action with my exact setup trigger shows the bolt opening and closing just like mine.

Remember, this is a production action brand new out of the box, no rounds on it...

He didn’t say it was, the quote was “more likely” which is speculation and speculation can often be wrong.

Plenty of interest in this action and thread....let’s not get all whumperjawed.

Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Here's another noob question - Does the PR 2deg chamber is generally tighter with CCI Green tags / CCI SV than is it with Lapua Center-X / RWS ?
Cause man this barreled action shoots great, no issues stacking bullets on top of each other on my 1 MOA plate off a tripod at 100y! But just doesn't feed the smoothest, not sure if it's due to the ammo or just a combination of tolerance stacking due to a wee bit of magazine play (this old MDT chassis could be the culprit ... maybe an excuse to get a Manners PRS1 + Hawkins DBM set up.) or maybe I just haven't found the sweet spot with the magazine tab. The TT Diamond runs fine, always wanted to try a BnA so I might give it a shot too.

@padom I'm not going to sit here and argue things I didn't say, which you want to infer. It wasn't FOR YOU... it would have been all first run actions. AS IS CUSTOMARY IN EVERY MANUFACTURING OUTFIT I'VE EVER SEEN.

@padom I'm not going to sit here and argue things I didn't say, which you want to infer. It wasn't FOR YOU... it would have been all first run actions. AS IS CUSTOMARY IN EVERY MANUFACTURING OUTFIT I'VE EVER SEEN.

LOLOL. So the 7 actions Keystone Accuracy received this week are what? Production actions right?? Here a video with one of those randomly taken out of the box with TacSport Pro and low sear..... Dont see any problem with bolt closing on it...like the guy posted above with a TT.. ??

Here's another noob question - Does the PR 2deg chamber is generally tighter with CCI Green tags / CCI SV than is it with Lapua Center-X / RWS ?
Yes. It's a match chamber, so you'll experience some tightness on CCI ammo, as it was designed around lapua/rws/eley types of match ammo.

In terms of feeding, I've had no issues with CCI SV, Green tag, or subsonic HP's in any that we've put together thus far. However, that's the benefit we provide when someone orders a complete rifle. All the "does it work" stuff is worked out in advance of delivery. ;)

LOLOL. So the 7 actions Keystone Accuracy received this week are what? Production actions right?? Here a video with one of those randomly taken out of the box with TacSport Pro and low sear..... Dont see any problem with bolt closing on it...like the guy posted above with a TT.. ??

WHAT in the ever loving hell are you arguing about exactly? Are you arguing that actions don't loosen up a bit over time? Are you arguing that TT triggers cause problems with these actions? WHAT exactly are you arguing?

We have 17 actions sitting here. All are nice. That DOESN'T mean they won't be nicer once someone puts a couple thousand cycles on them. FFS. That bolt in the video is closing a HELL of a lot harder than mine does with a TT diamond and 7.5k rounds through it.

Reactions: R.Walters
WHAT in the ever loving hell are you arguing about exactly? Are you arguing that actions don't loosen up a bit over time? Are you arguing that TT triggers cause problems with these actions? WHAT exactly are you arguing?

We have 17 actions sitting here. All are nice. That DOESN'T mean they won't be nicer once someone puts a couple thousand cycles on them. FFS.

Im not arguing about anything. Im making a point that all actions with the TacSport Pro function the same way out of the box.. Not like the guy posted above barely being able to close his bolt with his TT. Saying they will be "nicer after a couple thousand rounds" isnt what you said that started this.....

Im not arguing about anything. Im making a point that all actions with the TacSport Pro function the same way out of the box.. Not like the guy posted above barely being able to close his bolt with his TT. Saying they will be "nicer after a couple thousand rounds" isnt what you said that started this.....
That is NOT being caused by the TT, unless there is something wrong with that specific trigger.

Welp didn't want to open that can of worms.

To be fair, my RimX with TT Diamond will now cycle like padom - There was a weird gremlin - had to do a full tear down, re-installed everything including the trigger, I think I fixed the bolt release too and she's all good. Now just need to wait for my match ammo.

Reactions: orkan

Boom?? LMFAO. Your pretty full of yourself arent you? He took the trigger out and the problem was gone. He reinstalled it and problem is now gone. How is that a non refined production action that needs 1000 rounds to fix itself and smooth out issue? BOOM :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well this thing shoots CCI SV on top of each others at 140 yards from a tripod in 10mph wind so I guess I really shouldn't complain. Barrel is the Paradigm 16" with the PR 2 deg chamber. Excited to see how it'll do with Lapua or RWS

Another box checked today for my RimX build. Called up Trent at XLR and ordered an Envy Pro chassis with their vertical grip and adjustable thumb rest. I'll be stealing my Ares ETR off my 457, so I'm left with Trigger and Bipod to decide on. I'm leaning towards TT 2 stage diamond, and some sort of Atlas bipod (need to do more research on model differences). These will be VERY long 5-7 weeks😄

No rimfire will place bullets on top of each other at 140 yards. Lol

Figure of speech. I’m shooting a steel not paper. But yeah the ‘impacts paint chips’ are more or less on top of each others with very little vertical SD, every once in a while one will hit higher due to faster velocity but otherwise it’s very promising.

Folks, I can't believe this that i have the same problem with the above post. MY SIDE BOLT RELEASE IS NOT WORKING I TRY TO PUSH AND HOLD THE BOLT RELEASE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND NOTHING HAPPEN AT ALL. 30 OUT OF 1 THE BOLT RELEASE WORKS.AND TRY IT AGAIN THE SAME THING HAPPEN TAKE A WHILE TO PUSH AND HOLD AND IT WORKS AGAIN.I NOTICE THE back inside the action that the side spring and the push bolt release is something grabbing some metal parts from the bolt release push botton.I SEND EMAIL WITH RAY@ZERMATT with the problem just now.BECAUSE THIS IS MY 2nd action rimx and i just got it back from my dealer.
MY #00025 IS LIKE A CHARM SMOOTH BOLT ACTION EVERYTHING IS WORKING PERFECTLY. ONLY THIS ONe! btw the bolt on this one is not as smooth like butter with my other rimx action.

Attachments

• DSC02228.JPG
    DSC02228.JPG
    705 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC02229.JPG
    DSC02229.JPG
    711.3 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC02230.JPG
    DSC02230.JPG
    703.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Folks, I can't believe this that i have the same problem with the above post. MY SIDE BOLT RELEASE IS NOT WORKING I TRY TO PUSH AND HOLD THE BOLT RELEASE FOR THE FIRST TIME AND NOTHING HAPPEN AT ALL. 30 OUT OF 1 THE BOLT RELEASE WORKS.AND TRY IT AGAIN THE SAME THING HAPPEN TAKE A WHILE TO PUSH AND HOLD AND IT WORKS AGAIN.I NOTICE THE back inside the action that the side spring and the push bolt release is something grabbing some metal parts from the bolt release push botton.I SEND EMAIL WITH RAY@ZERMATT with the problem just now.BECAUSE THIS IS MY 2nd action rimx and i just got it back from my dealer.
MY #00025 IS LIKE A CHARM SMOOTH BOLT ACTION EVERYTHING IS WORKING PERFECTLY. ONLY THIS ONe!
Maybe silly question but did try loosening the bolt release hex head screw a touch? Mine was very tight, just had to loosen it 1/4-1/2 turn

Last edited:
Maybe silly question but did try loosening the bolt release hex head screw a touch? Mine was very tight, just had to loosen it 1/4-1/2 turn

stevenc23 "IT WORKS!" THANK YOU SIR. I loosen 3/4 turn before it works like my other action. SHE IS READY .I got GM 25" that time when i order the benchmark is only go 20".so i go GM from keystone match chamber.My gm barrel had a stain like rust metal on it. Try to clean it with some stain removal and gun oil but no work.

Attachments

• DSC02231.JPG
    DSC02231.JPG
    824.2 KB · Views: 152
  • DSC02232.JPG
    DSC02232.JPG
    771.1 KB · Views: 150
Some of you guys just have a tight bolt release, so do I..... no reason to ge all exited. Just push a little harder on it WITHOUT any pressure from the bolt. A little lube may help too.

I had a tight bolt release that I could not get to work no matter how hard I pushed. I backed the screw off 1/2 a turn and it runs like a champ now. Easy fix.

Reactions: Schütze
Can someone tell me what is the recommendation torque SPECS. for "EXTRACTOR".I try to install the barrel into my action,and use the ZERMATT WRENCH ON IT.The extractor somehow PROTRUDE the wrench to go further in now am going to install the extractor back,so That is what exactly happen.Thanks in advance.
Try to torque my barrel to 65 ft./lbs like some of you here.! Update: The davidson 700 wrench work PERFECT for this kind of barrel installation too.Like the above post recommendation.

Last edited:
Some of you guys just have a tight bolt release, so do I..... no reason to ge all exited. Just push a little harder on it WITHOUT any pressure from the bolt. A little lube may help too.
In some cases it doesn't matter how hard you push, the set screw needs to be backed off.

In some cases it doesn't matter how hard you push, the set screw needs to be backed off.
I think we all got that after browninglover’s post. I confirmed his findings on my rifle and that’s why I marked it (y)

Can someone tell me what is the recommendation torque SPECS. for "EXTRACTOR".I try to install the barrel into my action,and use the ZERMATT WRENCH ON IT.The extractor somehow PROTRUDE the wrench to go further in now am going to install the extractor back,so That is what exactly happen.Thanks in advance.
Try to torque my barrel to 65 ft./lbs like some of you here.! Update: The davidson 700 wrench work PERFECT for this kind of barrel installation too.Like the above post recommendation.
No need to remove the ejector. Just use the wrench in the rear of the receiver without touching the ejector.
I suggest not to exceed 45 ft/lb, just not needed in my opinion, it will be easier for you to to remove the barrel for cleaning and inspection purposes too if you don’t.

Thank you fellas! schutze/orkan thank you for correcting that.yes correct ejector!

Still waiting for my Reamer from Manson.GTG this 3 barrels.They are really a premium Quality barrelS no corrosion/no mark/stain on the steel.GTG!

Attachments

• DSC02235.JPG
    DSC02235.JPG
    746 KB · Views: 116