NEW From Zermatt Arms - RimX Actions

565fitter

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 31, 2013
Washington, WV
I am getting ready to order a rimx action. My question is, with the lawsuit with vudoo over the mags. What could come with it? If vudoo wins would zermatt have to redesign the mags? I guess I'm just nervous to order an action only to have it obsolete after the lawsuit.

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
I am getting ready to order a rimx action. My question is, with the lawsuit with vudoo over the mags. What could come with it? If vudoo wins would zermatt have to redesign the mags? I guess I'm just nervous to order an action only to have it obsolete after the lawsuit.
Is there currently a lawsuit? Havent heard of that.

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
How would it be obsolete? Its a proven action, proven magazine. You buy the action and the mags, it works just like the rest of ours does..... It doesnt stop working because of a lawsuit, if there even is one.....

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
It was just a question if you can't answer it then don't reply. There are people of all walks of life, I'm sure there is a lawyer on here that might know.
Sorry. I'll get out of the way and allow the lawyers of a non-existent lawsuit that frequent Snipers Hide give you some advice on a gun purchase based on their intimate knowledge of the on-going, non-existent suit.

Reactions: Codiekfx400

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
This is one of the place I read it. If there is no lawsuit cool, I couldn't find anything about it that is why I asked.

View attachment 7356763
I remember that. Everyone was leaning forward assuming there would be a lawsuit. Folks hadn't even laid hands on a RimX mag
at that point and assumed it would be a patent infringement because it was as large as an AICS mag and fed .22LR. Therefore, it must be an infringement.

Nothing heard since. It's been 6 months.

And BTW, RimX mags won't fit in a V22.

stevenc23

Belligerents
Oct 21, 2013
Denver, CO
As per earlier posts I have had feeding issues with my RimX. I have been working with Ray and Aaron at Zermatt and I didn’t want to post any specifics until I got the issue resolved. I believed I have it resolved now and thought it might be beneficial to others to share what I learned.

The issue I had was the round hanging up during feeding, a problem that was exacerbated when I added the 5 round magazine extensions. The tip would get caught in the chamber and the body of the round would not come all the way up to horizontal to allow the round to feed into the chamber. The solution for me (and for others) was to add additional chamfer/polish to the chamber face (more than you would typically need for other rimfire actions). Hopefully this will prevent some headaches for any future RimX owners that may experience this issue.

Last edited:

stevenc23

Belligerents
Oct 21, 2013
Denver, CO
As per earlier posts I have had feeding issues with my RimX. I have been working with Ray and Aaron at Zermatt and I didn’t want to post any specifics until I got the issue resolved. I believed I have it resolved now and thought it might be beneficial to others to share what I learned.

The issue I had was the round hanging up during feeding, a problem that was exacerbated when I added the 5 round magazine extensions. The tip would get caught in the chamber and the body of the round would not come all the way up to horizontal to allow the round to feed into the chamber. The solution for me (and for others) was to add additional chamfer/polish to the chamber face (more than you would typically need for other rimfire actions). Hopefully this will prevent some headaches for any future RimX owners that may experience this issue.
Should have also mentioned thanks to Padom and Reubenski for their help troubleshooting with the issues

Reactions: reubenski

RCB49

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2020
I just put in an order with Keystone for a barreled RimX. Looking forward to its arrival in late August. I am leaning towards the MPA BA but still deciding on which direction to go.

chrome

Private
Belligerents
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2005
JAX, FL
Gents, not to reopen a can of worms, but based on comments earlier in this thread (or another), for those of us who are spinning up a RimX action and want to run a TriggerTech, do we have anything to worry about? I.e., should I send the TT to smith who has the action to double check timing as a simple precaution? Or would that be over doing it?

orkan

Primal Rights, Inc.
Commercial Supporter
Belligerents
Oct 27, 2008
South Dakota, USA
Wow. I’m deleting my original comments.

I’ve used 6 different RimX actions with TT triggers. They work just fine.

Reactions: chrome

scotty2hotty

Private
Belligerents
Aug 6, 2017
So what is the best setup for benchrest shooting or just target shooting. A single stage Bix n Andy Tac Sport Pro Trigger or a Double stage? A Krieger 20" barrel or 20" Benchmark?

Redfisher60

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Colorado
Just picked up my transferred Keystone barreled action from LGS. Mounted the Bix & Andy dropped it in an MPA Hybrid. Trigger is sweet, waiting for rings, hopefully I have no feeding issues; bolt removal was just fine.RimX1.jpg

Reactions: JKW70

Redfisher60

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2018
Colorado
Have to say, I have (3) TT Diamond triggers, all set between 8-10oz, I like them very much. Just put a Bix & Andy in my Rim-X that came in yesterday, really a nice feel, set up at 10oz from Bullet central. I have not measured it yet but this thing REALLY nice.

ntrinsik

Private
Minuteman
Jul 19, 2017
I just put in an order with Keystone for a barreled RimX. Looking forward to its arrival in late August. I am leaning towards the MPA BA but still deciding on which direction to go.
Is late Aug what they told you? I wonder how long I have to go.. ordered June 1.

RCB49

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2020
Yes the ball park date was late August so around two months. If the two month period is consistent yours looks to arrive around August 1st. I know, the waiting game is tough.

565fitter

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 31, 2013
Washington, WV
I ordered an action last week from Zermatt, they told me it would ship around September 1st. Then I have to wait for the smith to finish it up. I probably won't be putting rounds down mine until November.

reubenski

First Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 8, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Now if I could just find a mtu contour bartlein blank I'd be set. Lol
I bet you'd be fine with a Krieger, Shilen, Benchmark, or Bartlein. I think once you get to a certain quality of barrel lots of ammo and shooting conditions day to day start to matter more. And then when it's all said and done, the extreme accuracy we're starting to see with these barrels in this thread can't be brought to bear in an action shooting sports. The wind and position just nullify a lot of it.

Reactions: dwt and 565fitter

padom

SuperMod
Staff member
Mar 13, 2013
Southeastern, Pennsylvania
Have to say, I have (3) TT Diamond triggers, all set between 8-10oz, I like them very much. Just put a Bix & Andy in my Rim-X that came in yesterday, really a nice feel, set up at 10oz from Bullet central. I have not measured it yet but this thing REALLY nice.
Ive had 10 or so TT Diamonds and they are nice, but I personally think the BnA TacSport Pro's feel nicer. Thats why I bought 6 of them.. hahaha

565fitter

Sergeant
Belligerents
May 31, 2013
Washington, WV
Ive had 10 or so TT Diamonds and they are nice, but I personally think the BnA TacSport Pro's feel nicer. Thats why I bought 6 of them.. hahaha
Y'all are having me want to try one out. I have 5 tt diamonds now. I may have to order one to put on the rimx if they offer a lefty.