• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hey y'all so I ordered up my Rimx. I was looking at the straight jacket prefits as they have a sale going on right now. Any experience on these barrels or other recommendations?
Also is there a specific action wrench to use to torque the barrel on?
Ive built a couple of TL3s and origins so I got all the tools and experience on those just new to the rimfire game
Do you need to time the triggers like you would on an TL3?

Hey y'all so I ordered up my Rimx. I was looking at the straight jacket prefits as they have a sale going on right now. Any experience on these barrels or other recommendations?
Also is there a specific action wrench to use to torque the barrel on?
Ive built a couple of TL3s and origins so I got all the tools and experience on those just new to the rimfire game
Do you need to time the triggers like you would on an TL3?
Same Zermatt action wrench. Just note it doesn't go past the ejector and thats okay

TT diamond no issues. But was advised to send a Timney in if I wanted to go that route

What issues have others experienced with Timney? I have since switched to Trigger Tech because I feel that they are slightly better but I am curious overall.
I run the CE 2 stage on several Zermatt actions with the only issue being a little more cock on close if that trigger isn't timed to action(mine are but slight difference between the 2 triggers i have. One went down from dirt and I switched to another and it was just ever so slightly off in feel.) Nothing related to actual function that I'm aware of or have heard of

Reactions: Adam B
My shop has built several rimx rifles. i personally love them. the machining and the options they provide rise about the comp. I have chambered and used several different barrel makers barrels at all twist and all lengths. they all shoot! Hell i even did Bartlein 5.75twist and it shot under 1moa at 100. this barrel was really intended for the new solids that are coming but it still worked fine with traditional ammo, I love that rimx makes their magazines adjustable. thats a key feature in keeping one feeding and running smoothly.
I win with my two rimx builds all the time. just yesterday in fact. I couldn't be any more pleased really! Lee Gardner Precision

I just got mine built and my first outing at 100 yards Federal Target and Eley Target were just over 2.5 MOA in 10 shot groups, mostly verticle dispersion. Old Wolf Match Extra (from back when it was the same as SK) was just over 1 MOA in a 10 shot group, and was under one MOA if I toss a single flyer.

Some of the run of the mill ammo won’t play nicely with the tight match chambers because the case size varies too much and will not feed consistently.

Thanks appreciate it just means ill need to find a lump of match ammo and buy them out when i can easier to find 22 now for me than anything else so its whats pushing me to finally pull the trigger on a build

I just got mine built and my first outing at 100 yards Federal Target and Eley Target were just over 2.5 MOA in 10 shot groups, mostly verticle dispersion. Old Wolf Match Extra (from back when it was the same as SK) was just over 1 MOA in a 10 shot group, and was under one MOA if I toss a single flyer.

Some of the run of the mill ammo won’t play nicely with the tight match chambers because the case size varies too much and will not feed consistently.

What barrel?

.439.jpg

Ignore MOA, I just inserted 100 yds, adjust accordingly, but that's ~0.439, nowhere near .273.

Picked up a certificate off a prize table for an action, decided to not sell or trade it off based on some good results I saw in here and placed my order Monday, now the long wait till December for shipping. Guess I have plenty of time to look for a barrel :LOL:

Last edited:
Picked up a certificate off a prize table for an action, decided to not sell or trade it off baed on some good results I saw in here and placed my order Monday, now the long wait till December for shipping. Guess I have plenty of time to look for a barrel :LOL:
You should start the search now, trust me.

Thanks - Ray

You should start the search now, trust me.

Thanks - Ray

Oh I started !! 2 Mags on the way today, trigger should be picked out by the end of the day, and hopefully I can narrow down which barrel I want sooner than later. And why am I not surprised you responded quick on here as well, your email responses have been great so far Ray, thanks for that.

Reactions: Zermatt Arms
I suggest you talk to John at Keystone Accuracy about a barrel. He offers different options and manufacturers

Shoot for yourselves people. No matter how good you get... the internet will think they are better. Trust me on that.

Here's some 5-shot groups from the live stream I did the other day with my TS Customs RimX. I didn't bother to measure them. I also shot 5 flies on that stream. 1 round each.

ipTnf87h.jpg

Pri1TUah.jpg

Wind started to come up, but I managed to get some flies anyway. So weird that I did so poorly on the actual targets, but smashed the flies. Apparently if it has blood pumping, I can hit it easier. lol

QgbHsSvh.jpg

I have taken these targets of yours and shot for groups and score with my Bergara B14R carbon.
All props to you, you have insane skills. Its tough, fun, and rewarding to be constantly improving. I hope to pick up a RIMX down the road.

Reactions: orkan
Shoot for yourselves people. No matter how good you get... the internet will think they are better. Trust me on that.

Here's some 5-shot groups from the live stream I did the other day with my TS Customs RimX. I didn't bother to measure them. I also shot 5 flies on that stream. 1 round each.

ipTnf87h.jpg

Pri1TUah.jpg

Wind started to come up, but I managed to get some flies anyway. So weird that I did so poorly on the actual targets, but smashed the flies. Apparently if it has blood pumping, I can hit it easier. lol

QgbHsSvh.jpg

Enjoyed your YouTube videos. Makes me want to spend the big money and get my first custom 22LR.

Reactions: orkan
Just got an 18" proof Friday. shoots great so far. Reduced the weight on my nrl22 gun by 3 lbs ( carbon fiber plus a lighter chassis) should help offhand.

Reactions: BigRon
Shot my first nrl22 match today with my RimX. Ran into some feeding issue I need to work out now. Guess I was running it harder than I have just practicing on my own.

Attachments

• 3E8448C0-6996-4B04-BB13-5CCBFFC58EF2.jpeg
    3E8448C0-6996-4B04-BB13-5CCBFFC58EF2.jpeg
    859.1 KB · Views: 109
Reactions: reubenski
Shot my first nrl22 match today with my RimX. Ran into some feeding issue I need to work out now. Guess I was running it harder than I have just practicing on my own.
I had some problems with mine missing the extractor which I now believe was due to using the 5rd extensions. I’ve since switched to just using the 10rd mags and stretching the springs slightly longer. Since doing this I’ve had zero malfunctions running the gun. If it’s hard chambering you can polish the face of the chamber really good and that should help a lot. I really think there needs to be a slight bevel at the 6 o-clock position as well. This will aid in chambering and keep the sharp edge from shaving lead. If your bolt is missing the round you need to adjust your catch were the round is higher up. I think there’s a bit of a learning curve with the RimX as far as setting everything up.

I really wish Zermatt/RimX would get a bit more involved on here and start addressing some of the problems that they are seeing. I think it would benefit all of us and help people correct the problems they are encountering. The RimX is a hell of an action when it’s running right. I got so frustrated with mine that I actually posted it for sale here on the hide but with some help from some of the guys on here I think I’ve got it headed in the right direction.

I had some problems with mine missing the extractor which I now believe was due to using the 5rd extensions. I’ve since switched to just using the 10rd mags and stretching the springs slightly longer. Since doing this I’ve had zero malfunctions running the gun. If it’s hard chambering you can polish the face of the chamber really good and that should help a lot. I really think there needs to be a slight bevel at the 6 o-clock position as well. This will aid in chambering and keep the sharp edge from shaving lead. If your bolt is missing the round you need to adjust your catch were the round is higher up. I think there’s a bit of a learning curve with the RimX as far as setting everything up.

A little bit of both. The hard chambering wasn’t to bad. But multiple times the bullet failed to make it into the chamber and was facing upwards while still being held by the bolt. Sometimes I somehow dented the case making it a crescent shape.

some of the malfunctions were definitely caused when the mag had contact with anything of any sort. I have two mags both adjusted the same. Both experienced the same malfunctions. So gonna work on adjusting them. But neither Go in or out of the magwell of the MDT ACC all that well.

I’ll probably get some metal polish and work on the chamber face some too.

Reactions: drglock
Maybe we need to start a thread “ RimX woes and what nots” maybe at least this way we can learn from each other on the things we’ve done to improve function of the RimX.

I’m to the point I don’t care who’s feelings I hurt(RimX). We just need to band together and pass info and little tricks we’ve found that work.

Reactions: RS14 and reubenski
A little bit of both. The hard chambering wasn’t to bad. But multiple times the bullet failed to make it into the chamber and was facing upwards while still being held by the bolt. Sometimes I somehow dented the case making it a crescent shape.

some of the malfunctions were definitely caused when the mag had contact with anything of any sort. I have two mags both adjusted the same. Both experienced the same malfunctions. So gonna work on adjusting them. But neither Go in or out of the magwell of the MDT ACC all that well.

I’ll probably get some metal polish and work on the chamber face some too.
Since switching from the extensions and just using 10 rd mags I’ve had them crammed up against my bags , hell one stage I even shot off a cinder block with my mag fully on the cinder block and not knowing till a buddy said something about it after I was done shooting.
So to me it seems you might not have the correct height set up on your mags or your bottom metal is allowing your mag to wobble around. I’ve got my mags seated as high as they can go. It my just be luck but shooting off of props I’m not having any issues.

Since switching from the extensions and just using 10 rd mags I’ve had them crammed up against my bags , hell one stage I even shot off a cinder block with my mag fully on the cinder block and not knowing till a buddy said something about it after I was done shooting.
So to me it seems you might not have the correct height set up on your mags or your bottom metal is allowing your mag to wobble around. I’ve got my mags seated as high as they can go. It my just be luck but shooting off of props I’m not having any issues.

musing regular 10 round mags. And it’s a mdt acc chassis. Right now I have the mag catch all the way to the top of the mag. That seemed to be the best when I set it all up. Hopefully Wednesday I’ll be able to play with it some and get it working better.

Maybe we need to start a thread “ RimX woes and what nots” maybe at least this way we can learn from each other on the things we’ve done to improve function of the RimX.

I’m to the point I don’t care who’s feelings I hurt(RimX). We just need to band together and pass info and little tricks we’ve found that work.
This is definitely a good idea. And should be a sticky thread once it’s up and running.

I am definitely for this since I am in the process of putting together a RimX.

So no chamfer required for your barrels, huh?
Since I don't own a vudoo, how is the chamfer on a vudoo installed barrel compared to the RimX?
How much chamfer would be allowed without doing any harm ?
A little more in the 6 o-clock position ?

So I just pulled the trigger on a RimX, got the last lefty Altus had it sounds like.

Anyone here try the 1:12 twist barrels PVA is selling? Reading the other thread about higher twist rate barrels it seems advantageous for long range work. As I do want to push this to 300-400 yards.

Oh, so now everyone is going to start posting negatives...after my order??? @orkan or @padom do you have any information on the setting of the mag height? I would think I can trust your thoughts, your reviews have been spot on so far, and that was one of the things I saw little about before. Thinking that is a key with these actions.

Oh, so now everyone is going to start posting negatives...after my order??? @orkan or @padom do you have any information on the setting of the mag height? I would think I can trust your thoughts, your reviews have been spot on so far, and that was one of the things I saw little about before. Thinking that is a key with these actions.
Being I’m one that started mentioning the problems. I bought my barreled action used here on the px. I have not devoted enough time making sure everything is perfect. My barrel was installed and chambered by some shop I’ve never heard of. I have zero buyers remorse. And I’m sure once I fine too it. It will be flawless. And that’s why I’m happy I got a RimX. Because I can tune it. And half my probably may be the fact I normally run a AI. And I’m trying to run the RimX like I run my AI. And that’s hard and fast.

If I was you. I wouldn’t have any concerns with my order.

Being I’m one that started mentioning the problems. I bought my barreled action used here on the px. I have not devoted enough time making sure everything is perfect. My barrel was installed and chambered by some shop I’ve never heard of. I have zero buyers remorse. And I’m sure once I fine too it. It will be flawless. And that’s why I’m happy I got a RimX. Because I can tune it. And half my probably may be the fact I normally run a AI. And I’m trying to run the RimX like I run my AI. And that’s hard and fast.

If I was you. I wouldn’t have any concerns with my order.
I don't have any, and no offense intended by that post. Was more of a request for information than anything. The mag adjustment thing was something I was hoping would have been posted already. Looking at the design I see that as a critical point and thought there would be more information.

We set our customers mag heights before the rifles ship, so it's not something they have to mess with.

We set our customers mag heights before the rifles ship, so it's not something they have to mess with.
Thanks Greg, is there anything special about that adjustment though? If someone is putting one together on their own is there any advice you can give? Height of the catch relative to any problems like hard close, not catching a round in the extractor, not feeding at the proper angle? Your builds are top notch at receipt but I'm more thinking things from the home builder perspective.

I found the perfect fix for the RimX feeding issues...sell it and buy something reliable. For me theres no excuse for these issues when paying top dollar. Im a longtime bighorn/zermatt fan but i feel they have work to do.

• Wow
Reactions: stevenc23
I found the perfect fix for the RimX feeding issues...sell it and buy something reliable. For me theres no excuse for these issues when paying top dollar. Im a longtime bighorn/zermatt fan but i feel they have work to do.
I've been an RO on the line for more than a few shooters, all the Vudoo malfunctions were a major decision factor in going with a RimX.

Reactions: plong
I've been an RO on the line for more than a few shooters, all the Vudoo malfunctions were a major decision factor in going with a RimX.
Im not promoting Vudoo either. Im just saying that these top tier actions should be reliable all the time. If I have to drop a stage because I have to get a cleaning rod out to clear a jam then I’m out. Ive witnessed that several times and had it happen to me twice before I decided to make a change. I even saw one guy carrying a little miniature pry bar with him because he knew it was going to happen

Basically you follow the instructions that come on the card in the action box.
Close the bolt, shove the mag up until it hits, then you want it to pop back down ever so slightly... but not in excess of about 1/16". There's a sweet spot that's pretty easy to feel once you do it a few times. You can use some feeler gauges to help with your "adjustments" of the catch itself if necessary.

... as for those trying to lay the issues people are having at zermatt's feet, all I can do is shake my head, and laugh. Tens of thousands of rounds through my customers rifles... and nobody is having any issues. All I hear about are smiles from ear to ear every time they take their rifles out. Something tells me these issues aren't with Zermatt or their product.