• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I am going to have Arrow Dynamics do one with a Benchmark barrel.

Pretty interesting there are threads bashing companies knocking off atlas and RRS.

No one seems to take issue with two companies knocking off vudoo mags.
Its an AICS Mag that feeds rimfire rounds. If anyone is gonna go that route they will look similar cause it fits an AICS bottom metal. Now side by side there noticeable differences. Should we start bashing anyone who makes an action with a Remington 700 footprint cause it’s not the original? Atlas and RRS are a different story cause in most cases it’s essentially a direct copy or infringement on a patent.

15/22 magazine
Looks familiar to all these?
714154.jpg

No one seems to take issue with two companies knocking off vudoo mags.
You're just a fan boy

I for one am super excited. I think the boo doo is a great product but they won’t sell you just an action. Rim fire chambers can be very personalized. I chamber several rim fire barrels in my shop every year for customers and ever single customer has different specs or requests. Rim fire chambers are a bit different deal than center fire. I want to know what I’m shooting!!
Big horn has the best center fire action on the market in my opinion so this is a no brainer for me. My order is in!!
Anyone interested in a stiller 2500XR Lol.
LGP

At shot show last year I met with the boo doo guys. Great people and I’m sure it’s a great product but they wouldn’t sell me just the action. I called a couple months back and still no go

It's from the R700 footprint (ie: swept handle). Should fit MPA or other true R700 inlets, might be funky in others that are inletted for other customs. I had to do some filing on an XLR once because theirs are exact fit inlets.

Its an AICS Mag that feeds rimfire rounds. If anyone is gonna go that route they will look similar cause it fits an AICS bottom metal. Now side by side there noticeable differences. Should we start bashing anyone who makes an action with a Remington 700 footprint cause it’s not the original? Atlas and RRS are a different story cause in most cases it’s essentially a direct copy or infringement on a patent.

You are wrong in too many ways to even point out.

This is typically how it goes. When a Chinese company infringes on patents, it’s the end of the world.

When companies like NF and Bighorn possibly infringe, it’s ok because people like their other products.

I think people are okay with it because they like THAT product. They are happy about having more options, albeit at the expense of the patent holder. Because it's either a company develops something innovative, doesn't patent it, and allows free market which would be better for everyone else besides that original company. Or they develop and patent, they own the market, the consumer is at the whim of a monopoly, and other companies remain inactive. So, ya. Naturally the Gen Pop tends to be okay with patent infringement because it's favorable to them.

Frankly, I'm not even sure why Zermatt bothered to make their own mag. At $125 a pop Ill just continue to use my Vudoo mags. Maybe pick up a Vudoo 5 and 15rd billet mag. But Zermatt does have that adjustable catch... that's cool. Vuddoo doesn't have that on their mags...hmmm
The whole idea of patents is to give the company a monopoly for a certain period of time so they can recoup their R&D costs and make a profit. No profit and no money for future R&D. And no firearms company I know is non-profit, at least by design. However, if a company's R&D is RipOff and Duplicate, to use MB's term, they do not have the expense and do not need a patent. Other companies do not have to remain inactive. They can do true R&D to develop a superior product and leapfrog the company with the original product.

I think people are okay with it because they like THAT product. They are happy about having more options, albeit at the expense of the patent holder. Because it's either a company develops something innovative, doesn't patent it, and allows free market which would be better for everyone else besides that original company. Or they develop and patent, they own the market, the consumer is at the whim of a monopoly, and other companies remain inactive. So, ya. Naturally the Gen Pop tends to be okay with patent infringement because it's favorable to them.

Frankly, I'm not even sure why Zermatt bothered to make their own mag. At $125 a pop Ill just continue to use my Vudoo mags. Maybe pick up a Vudoo 5 and 15rd billet mag. But Zermatt does have that adjustable catch... that's cool. Vuddoo doesn't have that on their mags...hmmm

If it comes out that it is a direct infringement of Vudoos parent, which to my understanding is all conjecture so far, then I certainly will not support the RimX and put my money elsewhere (most likely Vudoo).

It's not a thread on who did some boobo to who , or who has the more sand in it's junk. Mags are mags and look like mags because it's freaking mags...

Let's keep it on the RimX.

Why can't people be just happy with developpment and growing in the offering...

So not a big 22 guy, yet, but here's the dumb question...

If this is a firing pin driven rimfire with a bayonet fire control assembly can you dryfire this or can you damage it like the older Rugers?

I asked them this at SHOT, and they said yes, you can dry-fire it without worry.

Reactions: LawnMM
Well I ended up reserving a lefty action from the good folks over at Altus. AFAIK looks to be April.

22 lr for me. But when the WSM is ready, I'll do a new bolt, barrel and mags.

Looks like that stock was specifically cut for the action. So not really able to tell how compatible it is. From looking at this photo it looks like the bolt handle cut is at an angle so guessing it's going to be a pitd for many stocks and chassis.
View attachment 7241001

To me it looks to have the same swept bolt angle as the Origin

You got to read the comments dude

Yeah, I agree that stock looks custom cut for the bolt. No regular production stock/chassis is ever that tight around the bolt handle.

However, that has no impact on how it will fit in any other stock/chassis. As it looks like it will fit anything an Origin fits.

What did I miss?

Does an Origin fit every stock or chassis out there without issue because of its swept handle?

Every stock or chassis = nope

So that's what I missed? Because it only fits 95% of the options out there that's unacceptable?

Why did you all choose a swept handle? Understanding that there would be minor fitting issues with some stocks and chassis what was the advantage over a straight handle that makes it worth it? Is it because there's going to be other fitting issues with the ejection port anyway? Is it all in the name of scope clearance? My TL3'S have no issues clearing the ocular housing.
We went to the swept handle on the Origin because that was what the overwhelming majority of the public had indicated they wanted. We kept it on the RimX because it's a more direct fit than a straight handle into Remington 700 inlet stocks.

We understand there's a desire for a straight handle, but from what we hear, that desire is less than that of the swept handle.

Thanks - Ray

Little Update. We got @Frank Green over at Bartlein barrels making a 22LR blank for this RimX action review that the awesome crew over @Zermatt Arms will be sending over. The barrel will be chambered using my own custom reamer I had Manson make. The same reamer used to chamber the custom fit Bartlein on my CZ 455/MDT ACC which is hammering right now out to 500yds.

I have a Bix'n Andy TacSport Pro 2 Stage with Flat trigger shoe on the way for this RimX review.

Just got off the phone with Doug @gr8fuldoug over at Cameraland. He hooked me up with a Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 APRS1 Mil to put on this RimX for the review! As always, Big thanks to Doug and Cameraland for the excellent service. There is a reason I buy all my glass from Doug @ Cameraland. Its quick and painless with excellent customer service.

Once everything is received and put together I will start a new thread for the review itself.

Last edited:
Nope. You're still not getting it. And I'm not going to cater to you because you're too lazy to read the thread.
Maybe you could enlighten all of us as to what your issue is instead of being so confrontational...

I stopped reading at the name change.

@padom Do you mind me asking who is chambering and fitting the rimX barrel for you? I recently picked up a mullerworks rim fire blank and need a good Smith to chamber and fit the barrel.

Looks like that stock was specifically cut for the action. So not really able to tell how compatible it is. From looking at this photo it looks like the bolt handle cut is at an angle so guessing it's going to be a pitd for many stocks and chassis.
View attachment 7241001

I just looked at my MDT LSS-XL gen2 chassis and it has a chamfer on the aft side to accommodate the swept back bolt. Anybody have any photos of the bolt face area.? That sounded interesting! Let me ask this. I have a Vudoo and
I have had what can only be described as phenomenal customer support from Mike, Jill and Paul to name a few.
It is in fact the best support I get for any of my guns! IE: Walther, HW, FWB, Anschutz etc. What CS does RimX offer?
btw.... she looks like a very nice piece of iron.

The customer service with Zermatt is top notch. If you have a question Zermatt gets it answered quickly.

Reactions: Jeeper48
Zermatt / Big Horn have always gone way above and beyond what you would expect, Ray it great to deal with.

I love that there is literally one 5 shot group posted anywhere and the immediate response is “it won’t shoot, I’ll keep old Bessy here, she’s tried and true!”
Looking through other post has anyone seen extreme small groups out of a VuDoo? I haven’t

Reactions: reubenski
This is probably somewhat of a touchy subject, but do we think/know if the Rim-X will function with Vudoo mags? I have a Vudoo, and I have a Rim-X on order. The Rim-X mags are listed on Bison Tactical for $125, love to be able to use my Vudoo mags.

I just got my Shilen select match ratchet rifled barrel. Heavy Palma. It measures .955" at 20" from most likely breech face. Still haven't heard anything about the Proof Prefit. Let's go Zermatt! Ready to chamber a RimX
Ok what specs on a barrel do i need to
Get ordered so I’m ready to set this thing up for this action