• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I
A more removable barrel will be more conducive to cleaning more often as well. My Vudoo is pretty nasty at times and it's a pita to get brushes in the small ejection port
Flats are where it's at, but I don't think the CF prefits have enough room towards the muzzle to cut some in.

Reactions: Xrslug
So I originally ordered the Proof 20" stainless barrel. I have been shooting it for a week exactly now. Shot atleast 1k rounds thru it of various ammo. Most types were RWS subsonic hunting ammo, and CCI SV (both shot great in my Voodoo Proof carbon barrel). The Stainless barrel was constantly dropping 3 shots out of 10 shot groups. At distance, it was decent on plates, but I was troubled by the fliers.
Today I recieved the Proof carbon barrel. Installed it and went to shooting groups. Right away, I was noticing nice round groups with No dropped shots. Just nice tidy consistent groups. And tho I haven't got enough rounds to say it's even broke in yet, nor good weather to shoot groups on paper at a decent range..it seems to be easily twice as accurate as the stainless barrel, or better (with non match ammo). I will eventually do a side by side with the 2, but I wanted to report the fact that the 2 barrels I have are not equal.

Got mine put together just need to get the smith to torque the barrel on for me tomorrow and try to shoot it this weekend. I ended up with the 20inch proof barrel for now, glad to hear that the carbon barrel is shooting well.

3C9E3E6B-7D4B-4712-940E-ACE43CC88EC6.jpeg

Last edited:
Got my Bartlein and Benchmark today from Keystone Accuracy. Put it together with the Benchmark. Shity weather, pouring and high winds. I squeezed off 60rd in backyard to zero @ 50yd and check function/feeding laying half under a tractor. Haha.

Shot these 2 10shot groups. Feeding was flawless. I ran the bolt as fast as I could and feeding was excellent. Smooth as butter. Accuracy is very promising even though that wasnt the goal today.

Will start my testing and review next week from the bench with better ammo. Excited to get this going.

Oh yeah... I forgot we had this thread for a minute. :)

Today I spent 1000 rounds in one afternoon with the RimX. Not a single failure to feed, extract, or eject. I went to chamber one round, and it jammed up in the chamber. Upon removal and inspection, the bullet had a big glob of lead or something on one side of it. Bad bullet. It happens. Other than the trigger not wanting to drop the sear for some reason... it was absolutely amazing. I don't want to stop shooting it, but the wind is really coming up now. This action from @Zermatt Arms is everything I hoped it would be. (except for that damn swept bolt handle) ;) I'll get a run of straight handles made if it's the last thing I do. lol

Specs: TS Customs build - McMillan A5A stock w/hawkins bottom metal. Triggertech diamond. Benchmark 3-groove 16.5 twist 26" barrel, 22LR Primal 2° chamber. Tangent Theta 525P in a Hawkins Heavy tactical 1-piece.

Here's a couple pages full of 10-shot groups, in a pushy wind, with random lot numbers (several) of RWS R50. Some lots shot great, others not so much. The sighters and score box is eley tenex. The top row of top target is eley match. The rest are RWS R50. I'll hopefully get a calm day here in the next few weeks to do some real accuracy testing. lol

If you're in the market for the best 22lr repeater on planet earth... we'll have some in stock in a few months. :) Zermatt RimX is the apex of the 22lr industry!

Last edited:
Reactions: crackerbrown
Those are some pretty outstanding groups reubenski! Way to work through the difficulties and end up with something to be proud of.

orkan... What distance were your targets shot at?

Reactions: reubenski
Got my rifle 2 weeks ago. Hi the stainless 20" proof barrel first. It shoots good, not amazing with the cheapest ammo possible. (CCI SV and RWS I picked up last year at 238 per case. The RWS is subsonic hunting ammo fyi. It shot very good in my proof carbon Voodoo so it does seem the reamer handles the RWS better. Fast forward to earlier this week. I wanted a lighter option for thermal hunting instead of a 20lb trainer. Ordered the 18" carbon fiber from Atlus and started breaking in the barrel. I'm about 500 rounds in, and it at times shit es with CCI. I put out steel to 180yds, majority of the targets were 4" plates. I had zero issues hitting any plates at will. Bipod, tripod, tank trap. Sure, those are big, and most 22s with good ammo can easily do that. So I ordered more plates (1",2" and 3"). Yesterday was dead calm, so I thought I would up the difficulty and set out a 2" Target at exactly 150yds. Cold bore I dead centered it with the CCI. The RWS shoots noticebly better, but as the wind came up, the hollow point bullets seemed more affected but the breeze. I ordered some match ammo to try thru both barrels and will report back. For sure I'm enjoying this rifle, and I had options to got full out MPA comp chassis for target, and MPA hybrid for plinking and hunting.

Attachments

• IMG_20200411_124953_456.jpg
    IMG_20200411_124953_456.jpg
    625.3 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_20200411_183740_MP~2.jpg
    IMG_20200411_183740_MP~2.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 164
Got back out this morning. Drove into the national forest before light and was shooting as it got light. I had cleaned the barrel. Cut an additional .035" out of the chamber. Now Center X protrudes .110" out the back of the chamber. I clearanced the tensioner a little more and it now feeds smooth. I tested suppressor repeatability and barrel on/off/on return to zero. Both maintained zero taking them off and reinstalling. I shot four groups at 50 and the rest were at 100. It was 30*.
What chamber did you use, Reub? Must be something nice and snug.

What stock is that
According to their post, in this thread...
“Specs: TS Customs build - McMillan A5A stock w/hawkins bottom metal. Triggertech diamond (which was having lots of problems). Benchmark 3-groove 16.5 twist 26" barrel, 22LR Primal 2° chamber. Tangent Theta 525P in a Hawkins Heavy tactical 1-piece.”

Reactions: orkan
Downright unpleasant winter conditions out... so, an opportunity to function test the RimX in sub-freezing temps. Absolutely horrific 22lr shooting conditions. Wind chill was about 5 degrees above zero. Sun was out evaporating the snow like crazy, which was causing absurd amounts of mirage, and the wind was blasting on me 13-20mph. It was cold, and unpleasant. Anyway... I laid down, shot for group size, and shot up a box of R50. The RimX didn't miss a beat. 100% function.

I cried tears of joy. ... or maybe it was the wind freezing my eyeballs. In either event, they froze to my face before they hit my beard. I called it quits. ;)

EDIT I should probably mention that my vudoo is in an mpa chassis which I find out after I bought it that a lot of guys have issues with feeding because the mags are loose in the mpa. That coupled with the mild binding of the action has really just got me discouraged.

I read the first couple pages and got tired of looking so sorry if this is a repeat question.

I have a Vudoo and I'm a little disappointed. The accuracy is great, the fit and finish is spot on. But.. the bolt throw is not what I expected for a $1350 action.

So my question for those that have time behind both is, does he rimx have a smoother bolt throw? I am curious about the curtis too but I haven't seen much about them yet.
Everything else looks good. I'm not about to go spend another 3k on a 22 that I'm not happy with.

Last edited:
I read the first couple pages and got tired of looking so sorry if this is a repeat question.

I have a Vudoo and I'm quite frankly disappointed. The accuracy is great, the fit and finish is spot on. But.. the bolt throw is horrible for a $1350 action.

So my question for those that have time behind both is, is the rimx have a smoother bolt throw? I am curious about the curtis too but I haven't seen much about them yet.
Everything else looks good. I'm not about to go spend another 3k on a 22 that I'm not happy with.

Do you cycle your bolt like - (2nd method in hid video).

Or do you cycle your bolt like grabbing the bolt with your thumb and fingers and lifting/pulling back?

To answer your original question, the RimX cycles smoother if you're cycling incorrectly. The Vudoo cycles fine if you cycle correctly, but does bind if you try to cycle incorrectly.

This is the same response to people complaining that they're hitting their thumb on the ocular bell on 90 degrees.

565fitter, what makes the bolt throw so bad? To high, hard to open/close? Rough or what?

My guess is because of the lugs being in the middle of the bolt it causes the bolt to bind under hard use. It isn't bad by most standards but after owning other custom actions, I expected a $1350 action to be smooth.

My guess is because of the lugs being in the middle of the bolt it causes the bolt to bind under hard use. It isn't bad by most standards but after owning other custom actions, I expected a $1350 action to be smooth.

It seems the tolerances are so tight on the Vudoo that if you have any other direction besides straight and back it binds. On my Tikka, it's loose as crap, but it cycles like butter. I can do whatever I want really and it'll cycle smoothly, but the Vudoo will only cycle well if I cycle it correctly.

Changing the way I cycle though I don't have any more issues.

Do you cycle your bolt like - (2nd method in hid video).

Or do you cycle your bolt like grabbing the bolt with your thumb and fingers and lifting/pulling back?

To answer your original question, the RimX cycles smoother if you're cycling incorrectly. The Vudoo cycles fine if you cycle correctly, but does bind if you try to cycle incorrectly.

This is the same response to people complaining that they're hitting their thumb on the ocular bell on 90 degrees.

I run it like I do all my other rifles. I don't have issues with any of them binding. I'll have to try your video. That is pretty much how I do it.

Downright unpleasant winter conditions out... so, an opportunity to function test the RimX in sub-freezing temps. Absolutely horrific 22lr shooting conditions. Wind chill was about 5 degrees above zero. Sun was out evaporating the snow like crazy, which was causing absurd amounts of mirage, and the wind was blasting on me 13-20mph. It was cold, and unpleasant. Anyway... I laid down, shot for group size, and shot up a box of R50. The RimX didn't miss a beat. 100% function.

I cried tears of joy. ... or maybe it was the wind freezing my eyeballs. In either event, they froze to my face before they hit my beard. I called it quits. ;)

Where is the video at?? Not that I doubt I just wanna watch what's it's like to shoot like that!

Where is the video at?? Not that I doubt I just wanna watch what's it's like to shoot like that!
Shoot like what? While freezing my butt off?
I didn’t record that. I didn’t want to take the extra time to setup. lol

I recorded today’s session, and it wasn’t too much warmer. wind chill was about 24.

Great info. keep it coming guys Please... our house quarantine...……! past time.

Pls. put this on top! @ all times sake

Last edited:
That looks exactly the way my CZ 457 loads a round. I'll have to get an Instagram account and upload a video.

Orkan,
Nice video in post 397. I have a question, starting at 8:36 and running to 9:00, is the bullet getting scored by the bolt? It appears when a round is loaded the next round in the magazine gets scratched by the bottom of the bolt?

Orkan,
Nice video in post 397. I have a question, starting at 8:36 and running to 9:00, is the bullet getting scored by the bolt? It appears when a round is loaded the next round in the magazine gets scratched by the bottom of the bolt?
I’ve checked several rounds, and I’d say it more smears the lube than damages the bullet. In any event it certainly doesn’t bother how it shoots.

already playing musical stocks....

IMG_4326_zpsmlxdev2b.jpg

That PR barrel in CF really looks good in BULL PROFILE. Those bents chamber really have something on it on bolt actions! I know a big high end complete rifle maker manufacturer that make their own stock,trigger,barrel,action that used the same chamber on their high end rimfire 22lr.Their rimfire complete rifle cost $2600 that's only the cheap ones am TALKING BOLT ACTION MAGAZINE & SINGLE FEED RIMFIRE FOR BENCH REST SHOOTING,and they have lots of lots of winning competitions to prove to it! ooppss I think am out of topic already.( I don't want to divulge the manufacturer name here)this info. is from the guy with highest position on that company I have something to prove to it too.

KEEP IT COMING FELLOWS.VERY INTERESTING TOPIC SO FAR.

That PR barrel in CF really looks good in BULL PROFILE. Those bents chamber really have something on it on bolt actions! I know a big high end complete rifle maker manufacturer that make their own stock,trigger,barrel,action that used the same chamber on their high end rimfire 22lr.Their rimfire complete rifle cost $2600 that's only the cheap ones am TALKING BOLT ACTION MAGAZINE & SINGLE FEED RIMFIRE FOR BENCH REST SHOOTING,and they have lots of lots of winning competitions to prove to it! ooppss I think am out of topic already.( I don't want to divulge the manufacturer name here)this info. is from the guy with highest position on that company I have something to prove to it too.

KEEP IT COMING FELLOWS.VERY INTERESTING TOPIC SO FAR.
I agree i like the bull proof carbon barrel too