• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My RimX showed up today. #32. Got the little mini-me bolted up and sighted in. Will wring it out later this week....

IMG_4312_zpsuo43ygbx.jpg

IMG_4306_zpsd9rwfo7b.jpg
Are those proof barrel came from rimx direct?

I got mine from Altus, because Proof said I had to go thru one of their dealers

Reactions: bjay
I’ve checked several rounds, and I’d say it more smears the lube than damages the bullet. In any event it certainly doesn’t bother how it shoots.
10-4 on the smears and definitely shoots fantastic. I used to have a Steyr Zephyr II and it would put two marks on every bullet except the first one of course.

I'd like to make a request. Can you make a video showing the entire process of changing a barrel. That would be tremendously appreciated by me. Others may feel the same.

I'd like to make a request. Can you make a video showing the entire process of changing a barrel. That would be tremendously appreciated by me. Others may feel the same.
I can and will in the future. However, it is very very basic. You remove your optic, remove the stock, remove your bolt, clamp the barrel into a barrel vice, use an action wrench to interface the action, and pop it loose.

Then do the opposite when installing the next barrel. :)

Stuck a Bix 'n Andy TacSport Pro in my TS Customs RimX build today. Installed the low sear and flat shoe first, then popped it in there and function tested it. It timed up nice and felt good. The bolt on the RimX closed just a teeny bit tighter with the bix installed, but if you wouldn't be able to tell if you didn't just take a Triggertech out of it. Very windy today, so I didn't get to see if affected accuracy, but it didn't seem to have any negative affect.

I'm going to put a few hundred rounds through it as is and give the TacSport Pro a proper chance. It might well just grow on me.
:)
It's definitely another solid offering that works good with the RimX.

Here's the dump from the instagram story.

Has anyone tried the vudoo mags in the rimx yet?
I have. It functions but the rounds get scratched up pretty bad. The angle at which the mag presents a round is much steeper than the RimX mag so it's a rough feed. And this is with the Vudoo mag presented as high as possible in the magwell using an MPA adjustable mag latch. To the point that the bolt rubs on the feedlips. It will work. Is all the scratching on the rounds detrimental to accuracy? I haven't bothered to test.

Reactions: DirtierSteve
150rnds through TS Customs RimX, live this morning.
27x 5-shot groups. Avg group size: 0.260"

Boss Orkan I started to be your number#1 fan,with this result.Thank you for the quick ship for the bolt knob btw.!

Reactions: orkan
Yay! The thread is sticky!

So Instagram lost its mind while trying to post the recording of the live stream. Some could see it, others couldn't. I was finally able to get a passable version up on youtube. So here's 150rnds through the TS Customs RimX with an avg group size of 0.260", including one at 0.047" :)

I get it. You guys only like to see little holes in paper, and gun pieces/parts, instead of what happens in the real world.. Won't bother posting here again. suck it.

I have chambered four of these new rimx actions in my shop and I think they are great! My personal rifle is a laser and every bit as accurate as my benchrest rig. Great product!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my rimx in about a week ago, still trying to find the barrel I want though. I'm considering doing a clone of my son's origin build hunting rifle. Because of time constraints I just bought a lifetime supply of same lot ammo (hunting lifetime not general shooting) and got a Harrell tuner brake for it.

Although I don't expect the same fine grain tuning I do with the tuners on my anschutz and other bench 22s, I am hoping using a matching tuner brake on the rimx will help get every bit of accuracy out of it.
Hopefully I can find the proof carbon prefits in stock sometime soon...
IMG_20191104_174108.jpg

Installed My RimX action in an Oryx chassis yesterday, mags fit perfect and are a piece of art....so is the action of course..
Still waiting on the barrel from keystone, everything else is ready.
Thank you orkan, padom and all others for your posts and teasers !

Over 3,100 rounds on the TS Customs rifle with the Zermatt Arms RimX, which I've never cleaned... and it finally experienced its first malfunction today. I had a case that didn't eject completely. It stayed in the action and got jammed up as the next round fed into the chamber. Pretty stellar performance. 100% feeding, extraction, ejection up until today's failure to eject. I estimate it happened around 3,145rnds. Upon inspection, the tensioner and bolt face were completely caked with rimfire goo. When I say I didn't clean the action, I also need to add that I didn't lubricate it.

Whatever it showed up with, is how I ran it.

I stripped the bolt down to its core components today, and I'm happy to say it was a very easy job. I used a hex wrench for the set screws in the cocking piece and extractor, otherwise no additional tools were required to completely tear down the bolt. Phenomenal design by Zermatt. It's all back together with fresh lube, so we'll see how many more thousand rounds I can get before a malfunction occurs.

Here's what over 3k empty cases looks like in a shoebox tote. :)

I've only had the rifle for 17 days, so I hope to have a solid 20k rounds through it before we get through the summer. It is performing beyond my wildest expectations so far. I haven't cleaned the barrel, and it's still shooting in the 0's, 1's and 2's. Lot tested over a dozen different lots of R50 earlier today. Sixty individual 5-shot groups, and the rifle is so forgiving that all those groups maintained an average in the low .3's. These TS Customs rimfire rifles clearly share their forgiveness with their centerfire counterparts!

Over 3,100 rounds on the TS Customs rifle with the Zermatt Arms RimX, which I've never cleaned... and it finally experienced its first malfunction today. I had a case that didn't eject completely. It stayed in the action and got jammed up as the next round fed into the chamber. Pretty stellar performance. 100% feeding, extraction, ejection up until today's failure to eject. I estimate it happened around 3,145rnds. Upon inspection, the tensioner and bolt face were completely caked with rimfire goo. When I say I didn't clean the action, I also need to add that I didn't lubricate it.

Whatever it showed up with, is how I ran it.

I stripped the bolt down to its core components today, and I'm happy to say it was a very easy job. I used a hex wrench for the set screws in the cocking piece and extractor, otherwise no additional tools were required to completely tear down the bolt. Phenomenal design by Zermatt. It's all back together with fresh lube, so we'll see how many more thousand rounds I can get before a malfunction occurs.

Here's what over 3k empty cases looks like in a shoebox tote. :)

I've only had the rifle for 17 days, so I hope to have a solid 20k rounds through it before we get through the summer. It is performing beyond my wildest expectations so far. I haven't cleaned the barrel, and it's still shooting in the 0's, 1's and 2's. Lot tested over a dozen different lots of R50 earlier today. Sixty individual 5-shot groups, and the rifle is so forgiving that all those groups maintained an average in the low .3's. These TS Customs rimfire rifles clearly share their forgiveness with their centerfire counterparts!

I would at least clean the chamber and a little forward to keep from a carbon ring. Accuracy will go south for sure!