• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

" I would at least clean the chamber and a little forward to keep from a carbon ring. Accuracy will go south for sure! "

" Yes you will! "

Just the information everybody visits this treat is looking for... very informative indeed....

I'm interested, because I have several rifles with over 20k rounds on them, and they've yet to have any accuracy problems.

yes i do. just being a smart ass....

A serious question for you I'll have. What was the real reason you had issues with the TT Diamond in this action?
Bad trigger by itself, or just didn't work with the RimX?

yes i do. just being a smart ass....

A serious question for you I'll have. What was the real reason you had issues with the TT Diamond in this action?
Bad trigger by itself, or just didn't work with the RimX?
I haven't tested enough to know. I've only swapped 3 triggers. I've also said many times its a new design and as a result it is not compatible with certain other designs, which will be solved over time.

I've also pointed out that I still like the TT's in the rimx. I swapped two other TT's into the action and they worked very well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Schütze
Screwed the Green Mountain on and got it out today. It did not disappoint. Heck of a barrel for $325!! At 50yd with best CenterX 10x5 0.285" and best 6x5 0.233" with some insanely tiny groups. My smallest 5 shot 50yd group ever measuring 0.01" and another group in that string measuring 0.044"! That right there is a true one hole group. Looking forward to 100yd testing.

Also shot a 20rd and 30rd group getting some rounds down the barrel initially.

I'm not as picture savy as most here but I will tell you something I've never experienced with any gun before. I have my proof carbon barrel zeroed at 25yds, I dial 4.6 mils to hit my 2 inch plate at 150yds. Thought I would revisit my proof stainless 20" barrel with some new ammo. Cleaned the barrel and screwed it onto my RimX. Loaded a mag and dialed 4.6mils and went 3 for 3 at that same 150yd target! I missed a few shots due to the varying wind, but I didn't have to rezero or change anything to be on target! The logistics of this is pretty amazing even thought both barrels come from the same company. I'd say "well done Proof Research!"

Reactions: MilSpecOkie
Nice shooting Padom, that's really impressive for a GM barrel!

Reactions: padom
Around what round count do you expect it to happen?

Can't answer that for sure. It happened to me on my Annie and Vudoo. Round count on Vudoo was around 5000. Annie I have no clue but it has happened a couple of times. Now I clean chamber and just aft every range session

Can't answer that for sure. It happened to me on my Annie and Vudoo. Round count on Vudoo was around 5000. Annie I have no clue but it has happened a couple of times. Now I clean chamber and just aft every range session
How do you clean just that area, with a IOSSO nylon brush?

I really don't get what shooting a barrel for an extreme amount of rounds prove.
It proves that it can. Poor barrels, can't... and will typically let you know it. So, it speaks to the quality of craftsmanship of the rifle. The better it is, the wider and more stable the nodes, and will be less prone to radical shifts in performance.

Reactions: Travis224
Accuracy is a relative term. Those that want the best from their equipment clean the barrel. Go to any benchrest match and find out.

I used to shoot ARA (American rimfire association). A rifle that will print any groups .1 consistently is a top rifle. .2 is still decent. One can spend waay more money on a true benchrest rifle and its quite possible it won't out shoot the rifle that Orkan is shooting. And we are talking 2oz triggers on one piece rests on concrete benchtops..not a bipod.

Merely speaking to the level of accuracy that is achieved here. I had a $2900 single shot that won't keep up with Orkans rifle with any barrel I've seen him use. Truly amazing what is capable with the components available.

Until this nrl22 stuff, the standard was .1s for any match, usually 200 rounds for score minimum, 50yds, and per ARA rules , worst line scores you down. These new .22s, RimX, voodoo, and others are rewriting all the rules. The ammo certainly hasnt gotten better. Lol

What would you consider a higher standard of accuracy? Just under 1/2 moa at 50 or 1/2 moa at 100?

Just for information: Rimfireshooter99 posted the following in another thread (I hope he doesn't mind me reposting his info.). I thought it was an eye opener.

This past January, I visited the Lapua Test Center in Ohio, which had recently opened. In discussions with the person that performs the testing, there are three rifle types that he consistently tests at the new facility. Custom BR Stiller-action rifles, Vudoo/Anschutz 54 action rifles and other brands. He told me that what he typically sees for 10 shot group sizes on these groups of rifles once they find a good lot of ammunition, is as follows:
- Custom Stiller Rifles - less than 13mm group size
- Vudoo/Anschutz 54 Action - 13-15mm group size
- Other brands of rifles - 16mm and up in group size

These were edge to edge averages at 50m. 13mm would be about 0.289" center to center. So Padom's CX average groups are right up there with some of the top rimfire guns tested , and they were clamped in a vice (taking away the human error).

I guess my RimX /Green Mountain I shot yesterday is shooting "Custom Stiller Rifles" level with 20shot groups @ 50yds measuring 0.404" and 29 shot groups measuring 0.55".

Rubenski, I Agree! I've seen a rule of thumb posted that 50yds. will be around 1/3, not 1/2 the average at 100 yds. It would be interesting to see the actual Lapua Test center 50 and 100m results (from the best ammo lot) to see what the moa was at both distances. I'm not avid BR competitor, but I think these .1 and .2 postings are cherry picked vs. averages. I'd like to see some multiple 5 or 10 shot groups posted to confirm those findings. I'm just stirring the pot a bit. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rimfireshooter99
Go to a high level benchrest match and see for yourself. No groups but look at the bulls and the scoring.

This may be a dumb question but quick internet search didn’t find anything available. Can anyone point me in the direction of in stock Rim-x actions or are they all backordered for the most part? Apologize in advance if this has been discussed previously.

Scratch that. Just found the post about the keystone sell.

I'll fess up, I'm just pretty excited that the level of accuracy here is far higher than would be achieved 3 years ago with a repeater rifle. And no, while these aren't "benchrest" standards, they are fucking good groups, and the groups shown are off a bipod not a mechanical rest. Nor does it appear (I only guess) that no one here is specifically lot testing like the benchresters do. And while I'm not working on custom reamed Chambers or anything, the 2 prefit proof barrels I have will easily shoot my cheap ass CCI SV (the 3rd and best lot #) good enough to please me keeping to a 2inch group at 150yds. While my excitement probably falls on deaf ears, I shot ARA for a decade and lost interest, moving onto uspsa, then 3 gun, then PRS, and now with these new . 22s, my interest has come back.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
13mm would be about 0.289" center to center.
Do you have info on how midas+ was doing? This lot of R50 I'm shooting put 150rnds into a .260" average. I'd be curious if they saw significant performance increase by moving up to comparably priced midas+.

While my excitement probably falls on deaf ears,
I'm hearing it loud and clear, and agree! I haven't been this excited about a 22lr... possibly ever. :)

Thank you gents,I really love reading your post guys! keep it up.share more more more and MOOree picture of you beautiful RIMX CUSTOM PLEASE!

Says muellerworks button rifled in the description. Is this the same barrel maker where RAVAGE88 send barrel a&b back from his V22s development?

Now I just need a carbon barrel, trigger, and sexy camo paint job. This package is going out tomorrow to a maker of carbon fiber barrels to develop a line of rimfire blanks using a new machine they just purchased. Anyone notice anything interesting about this setup?
View attachment 7316955

Rings direct mount to receiver

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO RIMX FANS!! goody morning to all, guys i notice this past weeks that a lot of VUDOO owners posted on PX RIMFIRE FOR SALE? i really dont understand all of this (no offense meant necessary) just a curious member here.!

more and more picture of your rimx custom pls!

HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO RIMX FANS!! goody morning to all, guys i notice this past weeks that a lot of VUDOO owners posted on PX RIMFIRE FOR SALE? i really dont understand all of this (no offense meant necessary) just a curious member here.!
Since Apr 26 I see one rh for sale, one lh for sale, one lh wtb, and one dealer. is that a lot? When did which rifle you choose become a contest? Love my Vudoo would love to have a RimX. Just need to hide a few paychecks.

Since Apr 26 I see one rh for sale, one lh for sale, one lh wtb, and one dealer. is that a lot? When did which rifle you choose become a contest? Love my Vudoo would love to have a RimX. Just need to hide a few paychecks.

Thank you usafa77,I need to add 1 more sale vudoo today very nice looking rifle vudoo with the price tag$4k.

Now I just need a carbon barrel, trigger, and sexy camo paint job. This package is going out tomorrow to a maker of carbon fiber barrels to develop a line of rimfire blanks using a new machine they just purchased. Anyone notice anything interesting about this setup?
View attachment 7316955

Sexy camo like this???

8555D39A-35E3-440A-B62E-7388D63A4FB4.jpeg

I'm seeing the opposite. Im seeing CenterX consistently accurate across different lots, not just 1 lot but shots dropping out of the group with R50.

Haven't tested the R50 @orkan sent me yet its been too windy.

Reactions: ballisticdaddy
I'm seeing the opposite. Im seeing CenterX consistently accurate across different lots, not just 1 lot but shots dropping out of the group with R50.

Haven't tested the R50 @orkan sent me yet its been too windy.

Agreed, with Center-X in two of my rifles it shoots well regardless of lot. Have not tested the R50......yet

I think to have the discussion of ammo be of value... we'll have to use very specific quantifiers. Exact group sizes, complete round count accountability, full documentation of conditions, etc.

I just don't have that high of expectation of center-x. It's not fair to, really. Midas+ has proven to be significantly more consistent over the years. Does Center-X find itself in the winners circle at national benchrest events? I'd love to see the data on what everyone in the top 10 shot for the past 10 years at big benchrest events. Would be cool to see that kind of data presentation.

The real question, if this barrel had a 1.5° lead instead of 2°... would it still be dropping shots? ;) ... because I've tested nearly 2 dozen lot numbers of R50 recently, and they ALL shot well, and didn't drop shots like that.

Reactions: ballisticdaddy
If I understood the video, @orkan was demonstrating the accuracy of Center-X with a RimX action and a barrel with a 2 deg leade. What to make of the follow-up comments by @padom and @ballisicdaddy? Is one to assume the difference in their results is the due to a difference in the leade geometry of their barrels compared to @Okran? Or leade geometry may be the most significant barrel factor or only one of several equally significant barrel factors?