• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If I understood the video, @orkan was demonstrating the accuracy of Center-X with a RimX action and a barrel with a 2 deg leade. What to make of the follow-up comments by @padom and @ballisicdaddy? Is one to assume the difference in their results is the due to a difference in the leade geometry of their barrels compared to @Okran? Or leade geometry may be the most significant barrel factor or only one of several equally significant barrel factors?
Interestingly enough, the only way to tell would be to slide our 1.5° reamer into this barrel to change the lead angle, and then re-shoot with this same lot of ammo.

Frankly, this barrel shoots quite well as is, and I think with a quality lot of Midas+, I could turn in groups every bit as impressive as those shot with R50, in this chamber with 2° lead. I'll put some plans together to prove that theory.

My goal has always been with 22lr to find consistent accuracy with the cheapest ammo. CenterX has done that. I know I can buy more expensive ammo but that's not my goal. I'm getting every bit the accuracy I want with CenterX and cheaper ammo. Shooting 6x5's between 0.200-0.250 and lots of groups in 0.0's and 0.1's is excellent.

Now if I can get some calm damn weather to shoot all my 6x5's at 100yd

I'd like to see a good 100 - 200rnds worth of sequential groups from you with center-x.

Already done. Green Mountain posted in my RimX review thread. Lines 10 and 11 shot consecutively 100rd in 5 shot groups and better yet, TWO different lots measuring 20x5 AGG of .29". Lends even more credit to how well CenterX is shooting in this chamber when I can shoot 50rd of one lot and 50rd of another lot all in one consecutive string and still shoot a 20x5 AGG of 0.29".

At more than $5.00 less a box than R50 Ill shoot CenterX and take these results all day long and on Sunday. I dont shoot BR and I dont plan to

Reactions: Dawhit
I shoot a couple cases of Center X each year. Good ammo to be sure. Certainly good enough for it's price point ...just not good enough for when I'm serious, and definitely not as good as midas+ or x-act.

I just recently tested 12 lot numbers of R50 in one day. Could have won an ARA match with 8 to 10 lots, off a bipod and rear bag. 60 individual 5 shot groups... and boy are they small. When I'm done with my testing and get my 10-15 cases bought... I'll post the pics. ;)

Probably to make it more balanced like his competition gun would be my guess.

orkan,

You are using a 26" barrel, everyone else a 20" barrel. Have you commented on why you feel a 26" barrel is better?
Probably to make it more balanced like his competition gun would be my guess.

I no longer compete, so having it setup as a true trainer isn't important to me. I want it to be as accurate and precise as possible, and I feel the long barrel does that more consistently than shorter barrels.

Reactions: MilSpecOkie
I no longer compete, so having it setup as a true trainer isn't important to me. I want it to be as accurate and precise as possible, and I feel the long barrel does that more consistently than shorter barrels.
Yep, my findings also...

Did an Instagram Live session today with the TS Customs RimX that I've been shooting. Roughly 350 rounds fired in less than 45 minutes, with 58 individual 5 shot groups and a couple 7-10 shot groups... and several insects killed. Plenty of magazine loading and blabbing too. ;) Here are the targets from that stream. Avg group size of 0.265". Barrel is approaching or just passed 4,000 rounds and have not cleaned it yet.

Reactions: JKW70
Did an Instagram Live session today with the TS Customs RimX that I've been shooting. Roughly 350 rounds fired in less than 45 minutes, with 58 individual 5 shot groups and a couple 7-10 shot groups... and several insects killed. Plenty of magazine loading and blabbing too. ;) Here are the targets from that stream. Avg group size of 0.265". Barrel is approaching or just passed 4,000 rounds and have not cleaned it yet.

Do you mean that you haven’t even run a patch through the bore or that you haven’t given it a good scrubbing?

Just curious, is the first shot from a cold bore going into the group or does it require a shot or two to start shooting consistent groups?

Orkan,

That's pretty good consistent shooting. I normally don't clean a 22 rimfire barrel until I can't explain a decrease in accuracy.

Orkan,

That's pretty good consistent shooting. I normally don't clean a 22 rimfire barrel until I can't explain a decrease in accuracy.
Thank you, and I share that propensity with you. In fact, that is why I'm going to such lengths to track and publicize the testing surrounding this rifle. These rifles from TS Customs are special things, and the capability to provide consistent performance is chief among their characteristics. A rifle that can do something, but often doesn't... is of no value to anyone.

Orkan,

Thanks for your reply.

Now my question is, with all your experience, what causes a rifle to require a cold bore fouling/warm up shot or two to group consistently?

I have noticed some rifles will group first cold bore shot into the group with a squeaky clean barrel, but cold fouled need one shot (or 2) to group. I'm attributing this to the wax/lube on the bullets.

Your thoughts?

Orkan,

Thanks for your reply.

Now my question is, with all your experience, what causes a rifle to require a cold bore fouling/warm up shot or two to group consistently?

I have noticed some rifles will group first cold bore shot into the group with a squeaky clean barrel, but cold fouled need one shot (or 2) to group. I'm attributing this to the wax/lube on the bullets.

Your thoughts?
That would require a very long answer with a huge amount of variables. The only thing I can tell you for sure, is that I've seen it many times, and the "solution" was very rifle specific. It can range from switching ammo types to re-bedding the action or replacing the barrel. It is usually indicative of a defect in the rifle.

Orkan,

Thanks for your reply.

Your thoughts?

Not an expert, but I've read that some would say it's due to the carbon ring build up at the chamber/leade area. They say it softens after the warming up barrel with a shot or two, and doesn't effect the point of impact after that unless you let the barrel cool down. Padom might have some insight into this.

It shipped!!

giphy-2.gif

Reactions: One1Bravo
How's the straight bolt handle coming @orkan ?

Also, anyone know the thread pitch of the bolt handle? Wondering if it's the same as ARC's bolt knobs?

Caught me a damn near calm day to Shoot this Keystone Accuracy GM @ 100yds today. This chamber continues to shoot almost everything I throw at it good. I have not lot tested or cherry picked this as magical ammo. I grabbed and shot 2 lots of new bricks of CenterX I just received and shot at 50yds last week, and same lot of Ultramatch Ive been shooting. Shot them all great. That best group of 0.187" @ 100yds is just awesome. This Keystone Accuracy GM has shot my personal best in group size at both 50 and 100yd, best 6x5's, and 10x5's. Still no feeding issues, just keeps running smooth as butter.

I have every shot on this target on video I have to pull off my 4K camcorder and post up later. So far every lot of CenterX I shot through this gun has shot very accurately.

100yds
Best 10x5: 0.662"
Best 6x5: 0.592"
Best Group: 0.187"

Last edited:
Caught me a damn near calm day to Shoot this Keystone Accuracy GM @ 100yds today. This chamber continues to shoot almost everything I throw at it good. I have not lot tested or cherry picked this as magical ammo. I grabbed and shot 2 lots of new bricks of CenterX I just received and shot at 50yds last week, and same lot of Ultramatch Ive been shooting. Shot them all great. That best group of 0.187" @ 100yds is just awesome. This Keystone Accuracy GM has shot my personal best in group size at both 50 and 100yd, best 6x5's, and 10x5's. Still no feeding issues, just keeps running smooth as butter.

I have every shot on this target on video I have to pull off my 4K camcorder and post up later. So far every lot of CenterX I shot through this game has shot very accurately.

100yds
Best 10x5: 0.662"
Best 6x5: 0.592"
Best Group: 0.187"

Awesome shooting! I hope John gets mine soon. I know he's been busy with the group buy and the rest of everyday business. Seeing this amps me up.

Reactions: padom
Padom, that's one amazing size group at 100 yds. Most folks can't do that at 50 yds. Congrats man on a great shooting barreled action combo. Hard to believe it's coming out of a GM!

Reactions: padom
Padom, that's one amazing size group at 100 yds. Most folks can't do that at 50 yds. Congrats man on a great shooting barreled action combo. Hard to believe it's coming out of a GM!

I've probably shot 20-25 GM barrels from Keystone Accuracy over the past 5yr and I haven't gotten a dud yet. Centerfire and 22lr.

Here's 3 boring ass videos of me shooting all 150rd on the above posted 100yd target for anyone that cares. And a 4th video picking up the camera at the firing line and walking to the 100yd backstop to show the target just shot. You know, because this is the internet and video or it never happened.

I didnt shoot every single shot over the Labradar but here is results for each of the above ammo shot @ 100yd. SD 5/ ES19 for 22lr ammo ill take all day long

Center X 606324

Center X 700427

Ultramatch

What ammo is the chamber cut for? Can you use CCI SV as well as the Lapua? Have you tried the CCI SV and if so how does it shoot?

What ammo is the chamber cut for? Can you use CCI SV as well as the Lapua? Have you tried the CCI SV and if so how does it shoot?

CCI SV is a hard bolt close. Chamber isn't cut for it. Shoots Federal Match, Ultramatch, R50, all the SK and Lapua very very well.

Last edited:
That’s a bummer about the CCI, I’m terribly interested in this, but I also like to plink and practice with less spendy Ammo. Any options besides a separate barrel/chamber?

That’s a bummer about the CCI, I’m terribly interested in this, but I also like to plink and practice with less spendy Ammo. Any options besides a separate barrel/chamber?

You can only plink/practice with CCI SV? Shoot SK+ for plinking/practice. It shoots way better than SV and its cheap

When we were running rounds for longevity tests in the shop, the Remington Bucket O' Bullets was something that worked really well. Also, Armscor standard velocity is REALLY cheap and works very well.

If you use CCI, we found you're going to want to clean the chamber prior to running that specific ammo. It has generated stiff bolt close on less than clean chambers.