• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Padom,

What barrel is up next? And when do you think it will be?

Bartlein is up next. I am pulling the Green Mountain now that Ive shown its capabilities at 50 and 100yd. Will get the Bartlein out at 50yd hopefully tomorrow.

Look forward to results.

I assume all will have the same chamber cut in them? Do you expect any performance increases from the other barrels? Will they be cut with the same reamer and by KA?

I assume all will have the same chamber cut in them? Do you expect any performance increases from the other barrels? Will they be cut with the same reamer and by KA?

There is a review thread wth all the info, data, etc. here in the rimfire section. Yes, everything is 100% identical, only difference is the blank.

It's hard to believe any of the other barrels will be any better than the GM. It shot awesome at 100 yds.

@Zermatt Arms has really hit it out of the park with this one! I cant get over the accuracy and consistency of this RimX. Every barrel I screw on shoots insanely accurate taking top spots on the 6x5 Challenge @ 50 and 100yds and they keep getting better.

See my full review thread for more pictures and details but screwed the Bartlein on this morning and shot this at 50yds. 6x5's in the 0.1's with 3 different types of ammo!! 10x5 in the .1's with CenterX?!?! Talk about consitency.

What contours make sense here with a 20" barrel? I'm thinking of something slightly lighter than an MTU, but there is such an abundance of contour types not sure which way to go.

Jeff

@Zermatt Arms has really hit it out of the park with this one! I cant get over the accuracy and consistency of this RimX. Every barrel I screw on shoots insanely accurate taking top spots on the 6x5 Challenge @ 50 and 100yds and they keep getting better.

See my full review thread for more pictures and details but screwed the Bartlein on this morning and shot this at 50yds. 6x5's in the 0.1's with 3 different types of ammo!! 10x5 in the .1's with CenterX?!?! Talk about consitency.

So this is shooting better than Vudoo?

What contours make sense here with a 20" barrel? I'm thinking of something slightly lighter than an MTU, but there is such an abundance of contour types not sure which way to go.

Jeff

Make sense for what? For you? for NRL22? Competition? Hunting? Truck Gun? Only you can answer that question as you have provided no info on what youre doing with the rifle.

Reactions: Tokay444
Sorry I should have been more specific. NRL 22 and 22 PRS Matches.

Really hard to tell you what contour you like/prefer. I like my guns heavy so I think a 20" M24, which are what all my 22LR barrels are is perfect. Balances nicely and doesnt move at all.

I'm pretty happy with a heavy Palma but I don't think that's offered in any prefits. Your options are Proof Steel heavy sporter (very similar to a HP, Keystones M24(same as a heavy Palma but with a straight taper vs a sporter taper), Proofs competition contour. Fatter than a MTU and a pig

Keystone Accuracy is offering any barrel contour you want for their RimX prefits. Including all the RimX sale barrels.

Keystone Accuracy is offering any barrel contour you want for their RimX prefits. Including all the RimX sale barrels.

On there website it states "Padoms Choice," is that your chamber profile you supplied to them? I am looking at that benchmark 3 groove. Don't know which one would be better?

Why? They dont heat up and if weight is a concern get lighter profile contour...
I ordered a GM with a Heavy Palma, so it's not for me, but some people like to have a carbon wrapped option. Just want to say thanks for all your work, this really taught me the importance of chamber in a rimfire.

Jeff

I'm pretty happy with a heavy Palma but I don't think that's offered in any prefits. Your options are Proof Steel heavy sporter (very similar to a HP, Keystones M24(same as a heavy Palma but with a straight taper vs a sporter taper), Proofs competition contour. Fatter than a MTU and a pig
I just ordered a heavy palma barreled action from Keystone.

Reactions: reubenski
padom,

update on the imgur issue, works fine today, must have been a glitch somewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: padom
Who is supplying good stocks for these? Prefer similar to what is pictured. Already have my RimX, Barrel (Shilen #5 ratchet with JGS chamber) and TT Diamond trigger. Just need a good stock.

Got my 3 new billet 15rd mag extensions on the way from Zermatt! Will be nice to shoot a full 6x5 now without reloading my 3 mags

I just ordered Extensions from Zermatt and Mags from ALTUS, Other than ALTUS, mags were a bit scarce. Though I have to admit I didn't ask Keystone if they had them.

Jeff

I just ordered Extensions from Zermatt and Mags from ALTUS, Other than ALTUS, mags were a bit scarce. Though I have to admit I didn't ask Keystone if they had them.

Jeff

Zermatt was out of mags? They told me they had a ton a week or two ago when I grabbed some more from them.

We're technically not OUT of magazines, but we have more orders for them than we have finished so we're not listing them as available at the moment. We really don't want to hold up shipping actions because we don't have magazines available.

Your best bet will be Altus, Gunware, Southern Precision or Bison Tactical today.

Thanks - Ray

Reactions: plong and padom
Had a nice long conversation with @Frank Green over at Bartlein barrels today. Those of you looking for Bartlein RimX prefits like mine tested above can place orders with Keystone Accuracy. The will have some blanks coming from Bartlein. Pricing and timeframe will be available in the next day or two.

I also talked to Frank about your guys requests for Bartlein carbon wrapped 22lr RimX prefits. We can do that too. Need 10 preorders and I can get Bartlein carbon fiber RimX prefits to you guys. These would be 20" finish length M24 barrels. If there is another contour everyone really really wants, I can probably do 5 of one contour and 5 of the other. These would be finished by Keystone Accuracy and chambered with my 22LR Match Eachus chamber just like my Bartlein posted yesterday.

PM me if your interested in a Bartlein carbon 22LR barrel.

Had a nice long conversation with @Frank Green over at Bartlein barrels today. Those of you looking for Bartlein RimX prefits like mine tested above can place orders with Keystone Accuracy. The will have some blanks coming from Bartlein. Pricing and timeframe will be available in the next day or two.

I also talked to Frank about your guys requests for Bartlein carbon wrapped 22lr RimX prefits. We can do that too. Need 10 preorders and I can get Bartlein carbon fiber RimX prefits to you guys. These would be 20" finish length M24 barrels. If there is another contour everyone really really wants, I can probably do 5 of one contour and 5 of the other. These would be finished by Keystone Accuracy and chambered with my 22LR Match Eachus chamber just like my Bartlein posted yesterday.

PM me if your interested in a Bartlein carbon 22LR barrel.

@reubenski

Reactions: reubenski
GOODY AFTERNOON RIMX FANS.You really amaze me all good info.....BTW I JUST PLACE ORDER A PROOF RESEARCH CF 20" BULL BARREL PROFILE @ Altus shooting JUST BIG SHOUT OUT TO YOU GUYS ALSO"GREAT PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH AND THANK YOU!"

Baracuda22Sniper.....

GOODY AFTERNOON RIMX FANS.You really amaze me all good info.....BTW I JUST PLACE ORDER A PROOF RESEARCH CF 20" BULL BARREL PROFILE @ Altus shooting JUST BIG SHOUT OUT TO YOU GUYS ALSO"GREAT PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH AND THANK YOU!"

Baracuda22Sniper.....

Baracuda22,
Did Altus have the carbon fiber RimX prefits in stock today?
I’ve been on a waitlist but haven’t gotten a notification email nor have I seen them in stock.

Baracuda22,
Did Altus have the carbon fiber RimX prefits in stock today?
I’ve been on a waitlist but haven’t gotten a notification email nor have I seen them in stock.

Yes sir,they have today after i place my order i post it here and now no more.BTW thats weird i got notice on my email that the stock am watching is back in stock.HERE IS THE LINK FROM THEM:

ALTUS Shooting Solutions
The item you requested is back in stock.

You signed up to be notified when the PROOF Research Zermatt RimX 22LR Prefit Barrels - (20"/Carbon Fiber Bull Contour/.22LR) is back stock. You can buy it here.

PROOF Research Zermatt RimX 22LR Prefit Barrels - (20"/Carbon Fiber Bull Contour/.22LR)

We have a limited quantity available for purchase and are sold on a first come first serve basis.
This is not a promotional email.in response to your interest to be notified when an item is back in stock. You may UNSUBSCRIBE from future back in stock notifications from our store.

Altus Shooting Solutions, 5790 Highway 4, Baker, Florida 32531
c99bd910847646919054854a5453d110

Reactions: Sagewind
Yes sir,they have today after i place my order i post it here and now no more.BTW thats weird i got notice on my email that the stock am watching is back in stock.HERE IS THE LINK FROM THEM:

ALTUS Shooting Solutions
The item you requested is back in stock.

You signed up to be notified when the PROOF Research Zermatt RimX 22LR Prefit Barrels - (20"/Carbon Fiber Bull Contour/.22LR) is back stock. You can buy it here.

PROOF Research Zermatt RimX 22LR Prefit Barrels - (20"/Carbon Fiber Bull Contour/.22LR)

We have a limited quantity available for purchase and are sold on a first come first serve basis.
This is not a promotional email.in response to your interest to be notified when an item is back in stock. You may UNSUBSCRIBE from future back in stock notifications from our store.

Altus Shooting Solutions, 5790 Highway 4, Baker, Florida 32531
c99bd910847646919054854a5453d110

I received the same email at 1:48PM AZ time and I clicked on the email link but no stock. I thought it was an error since I had the same happen a few weeks ago with the RimX action.

HERE IS MY INVOICE SEE THE DATE AND TIME BELOW:
Tue, May 19 at 2:06 PM:cool:

Thanks for Your Order
mail
Your order ID is #XXXXX
A summary of your order is shown below. To view the status of your order click here.

Your Order Contains...
Cart ItemsSKUQtyItem Price
Item Total​
PROOF Research Zermatt RimX 22LR Prefit Barrels
(RimX Prefit Barrel Specs: 20"/Carbon Fiber Bull Contour/.22LR)
SKU-569034E41$599.00 USD
$599.00 USD
Subtotal:
Shipping:
Grand Total:
Payment Method:​
Authorize.net​
ALTUS Shooting Solutions
https://www.altusshooting.com/
ALTUS Shooting Solutions

shout out again to ALTUS SHOOTING."EXCELENT SEVICE AND THAT MANN IS EASY TO DEAL WITH NICE GUY...MANN"

I've noticed a number of sites are slightly delayed on their back in stock notifications. if you leave a computer on all the time and use Chrome browser, checkout Distill web monitor and it can check the pages for changes and let you know much more quickly if something comes back in stock.