• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

New chassis for my RimX, I loved my Manners T2A that I had on it but have always preferred the feel of a chassis especially for 22 matches.
PDC G5C in fde
71C4E455-2E6E-4FBD-8A04-DCF22C2E523D.jpeg

There has been a lot of discussion regarding difficult chambering and hard bolt closure on RimX barreled actions chambered by Keystone Accuracy. I had these problems as well. I discussed the issues with John and sent my barreled action back to him. He received it last Friday, polished the chamber and had it headed back to me the next day! I received it and it was easy to see the difference "before & after". This afternoon I shot 50 rounds through it using 3 different magazines and it functioned perfectly. Polishing the chamber made a dramatic difference. Thanks to John for the quick turn around and getting the problems solved.

Reactions: Schütze
There has been a lot of discussion regarding difficult chambering and hard bolt closure on RimX barreled actions chambered by Keystone Accuracy. I had these problems as well. I discussed the issues with John and sent my barreled action back to him. He received it last Friday, polished the chamber and had it headed back to me the next day! I received it and it was easy to see the difference "before & after". This afternoon I shot 50 rounds through it using 3 different magazines and it functioned perfectly. Polishing the chamber made a dramatic difference. Thanks to John for the quick turn around and getting the problems solved.

What chamber did you have done prior to sending it in and did you have it rechamberd?

That is not the case with mine. Already had over 500 rounds through it and was still having problems. John at Keystone and Ray at Zermatt recommended polishing the chamber. It is a 22LR Match Eachus chamber. I did not have it rechambered- just polished. That solved the problem immediately.

That is not the case with mine. Already had over 500 rounds through it and was still having problems. John at Keystone and Ray at Zermatt recommended polishing the chamber. It is a 22LR Match Eachus chamber. I did not have it rechambered- just polished. That solved the problem immediately.
Id bet another 100-300 rounds would have done the same thing.

Yes you expedited it though ill agree

How do you figure? Rimfire barely wears in a throat. Takes tens of thousands of rounds. And cycling 300 cases is going to smooth out a rough chamber? I don't think so.
personal experience with 2 keystone barrels that did smooth out significantly in the 500-800 round mark

Does anyone know where I can get a thread protector to match my benchmark barrel for my RimX. I thought when you order a barrel that is threaded that it would come automatically with a thread protector to match the barrel.

Does anyone know where I can get a thread protector to match my benchmark barrel for my RimX. I thought when you order a barrel that is threaded that it would come automatically with a thread protector to match the barrel.
anyone with a lathe can easily make one

A lot of smiths are not doing blended theead protectors atm since it is not worth their time vs getting the next barrel in. You are better off finding someone with a lathe locally to do it

John at Keystone just made some thread protectors up. Check them out.

Attachments

• IMG_20201111_160553_065.jpg
    IMG_20201111_160553_065.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20201111_160553_066.jpg
    IMG_20201111_160553_066.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 20201111_145452.jpg
    20201111_145452.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 58
Reactions: giumau1
Range Test

First time shooting RIM X, Accuracy International AI AX, 20" BenchMark Barrel, BIX N Andy Single Stage trigger under 1 lb, Rear Homemade Bag, Front Atlas Bipod Extend 2 notches up, Concrete sitting bench, @ 50 Yrds , Wind 5-8 MPH to Light Wind, Lapua Center-X Ammo

https%3A//i.imgur.com/mpKB75U.jpg[/img]']

Thats gonna be one heavy sob:alien:
Right now with my 18” barrel and chassis weights it weighs 16.7 lbs and still don’t quite have the balance point I want for shooting off of barricades and props. This should take care of that plus get rid of the weights.

3 grooves Benchmark?
Yes, 3 Grooves, I think it can shoot better. I am not a professional, just a hobbyist. I was shooting the rifle again yesterday and noticed my groups got better and I think it is because I am keeping the buttpad tighter to my shoulder. I wasn't firm with the buttpad on my shoulder in those previous targets I posted. When I was shooting that day in the cold about 42 F , I noticed alot of failure to fire rounds, ammo was SK Standard Plus. Worked perfect in warmer weather. There was little bit of debris on front of barrel chamber, could have possibly been the problem? Will try to test again. Very Happy with it.

Yes, 3 Grooves, I think it can shoot better. I am not a professional, just a hobbyist. I was shooting the rifle again yesterday and noticed my groups got better and I think it is because I am keeping the buttpad tighter to my shoulder. I wasn't firm with the buttpad on my shoulder in those previous targets I posted. When I was shooting that day in the cold about 42 F , I noticed alot of failure to fire rounds, ammo was SK Standard Plus. Worked perfect in warmer weather. There was little bit of debris on front of barrel chamber, could have possibly been the problem? Will try to test again. Very Happy with it.

Ive heard lots of guys over the years say 22lr doesnt play nice certain ammo in temps below 35F-40F. I can say, I have experienced failures to fire with nice hard hits on the rim in temps in the 20F's (UM22) that shoots lights out accurate with zero failures in temps 40F and above...

OK i have to ask. Why do so many people keep buying these actions.. If you get one that wont feed or work right Zermatt will tell you its the barrel. But Zermatt wont make a barrel action. Now i know why. I have 2 of them and they are NIGHTMARES . I have Keystone and custom barrels still having trouble. It looks like the bolt face is the issue it is like an exwife its allways your fault

OK i have to ask. Why do so many people keep buying these actions.. If you get one that wont feed or work right Zermatt will tell you its the barrel. But Zermatt wont make a barrel action. Now i know why. I have 2 of them and they are NIGHTMARES . I have Keystone and custom barrels still having trouble. It looks like the bolt face is the issue it is like an exwife its allways your fault
I originally had issues with mine, keystone fixed my chamber once. But while all that was happening I bought a proof pre-fit, it’s still on the gun, so far with Eley Match or Tenex, it shoots ragged one hole groups and everything feeds and cycles beautifully.

Jeff

Be careful, anytime now some primal Neanderthal type guy is likely to show up to educate everyone that nobody but he can correctly build a rifle for this action.

I originally had issues with mine, keystone fixed my chamber once. But while all that was happening I bought a proof pre-fit, it’s still on the gun, so far with Eley Match or Tenex, it shoots ragged one hole groups and everything feeds and cycles beautifully.

Jeff

I can confirm. It shoots excellent now.

Just get the Proof barrel. 🤠

I talked to one of the guys at our matches who has been running a RimX for a few months. He said he got it through the Keystone group buy and we were talking about any issues he had. Luckily his just ran fine out of the box. He has it inside of an MPA fully loaded. I guess using the adjustable mag latch to have the magazine seated properly.

He said it shoots great and he hasn't had any feeding issues at all.

Keystone did send him a mail saying that he could send his barrel back to them to have them add more chamfering but he never did. Since his just works.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
The answer to your question is pretty obvious, there are a lot of people out there having success with the product. Any issues pointed out on an online forum don't make or break the viability of a product. How those issues are handled and solved can definitely be both destructive or constructive to the overall viability and success of the product. If you're having issues, it's very obvious on this exact forum that we are more than willing to work with you to identify and resolve the issues.

The design of the bolt face is new and we feel it to be innovative in the market. For new and/or different designs to be implemented in any market place, there's an amount of trial and error for them to be either ruled out as an option or accepted as a widely used option. We've never said straight up to anyone that the work of someone else is to blame for any issues. If people are having problems, we ask for as much information as possible to identify the potential cause of their issue. After working through these issues for 10 months, we've learned a thing or two on how to identify the problem. We've gone to pretty extreme levels and have brought in some of the troubled products for our own inspection and to more easily identify the problem through hands on experience. Some things aren't as easy to identify and produce a solution for over the phone as others. That's part of the joy some people get playing in the custom rifle world. If someone doesn't want to tinker or build, they should probably just go buy something off the shelf as it'll likely be easier on the budget and has a better chance of limiting the potential for problems by limiting the amount of customization available. If that person wants a full custom rifle but doesn't want the challenge of setting it up or the inherently higher potential for issues, they should probably just pay someone they believe to be qualified to do that for them. We all know there's no shortage of custom shops out there.

We know that within the custom action and firearm industry there are thousands of options for stocks, barrels, triggers, etc. for people to choose from and utilize on their individual system. We don't offer barreled actions or full rifle systems for the simple reason that there are too many choices for all the other components and how they're produced. We have had success with this model in the past with our center fire actions so we maintained that model when designing and producing our rim fire actions. A lot of people want a unique rifle system so we give them that option. There's nothing wrong with controlling variables by offering a limited amount of variations, but that isn't our model so we don't do that.

If anyone would like to have a conversation about the issues they're experiencing, I'll be more than happy to do so. Jumping online and claiming we'll always blame a different product for issues with your individual system is irresponsible and inaccurate on every level. Is the problem sometimes identified as being in the barrel? Absolutely. Do we land on that the first time we hear of an issue with our products? Absolutely not. I'll be happy to send anyone new parts or return labels for any of our products to get hands on and help identify problems and learn how to solve them. Those people have got to be willing to give us that opportunity when that happens, though. Shutting down and establishing the opinion that the product isn't a viable option in the market isn't a good way to get problems solved.

For everyone else that is interested in the product, take some time and read through the success stories and how happy people are with their products in this thread. That's part of the reason people keep buying the RimX action.

I have 2 RimX actions , one has a Keystone bbl . one has a PVA bbl , I have interchanged both bbl's back and forth on the 2 actions , because I can ! 4 mags , 2 with the +5 ext. , 2 without , ZERO problems , 5/6 K on the PVA , Rock Creek bbl , probably 2/3 K on the Keystone , BenchMark bbl , both have padom's chamber , I like that chamber so well , I just sent a Vudoo ACE bbl to Keystone for a re-fit to a RimX .

The answer to your question is pretty obvious, there are a lot of people out there having success with the product. Any issues pointed out on an online forum don't make or break the viability of a product. How those issues are handled and solved can definitely be both destructive or constructive to the overall viability and success of the product. If you're having issues, it's very obvious on this exact forum that we are more than willing to work with you to identify and resolve the issues.

The design of the bolt face is new and we feel it to be innovative in the market. For new and/or different designs to be implemented in any market place, there's an amount of trial and error for them to be either ruled out as an option or accepted as a widely used option. We've never said straight up to anyone that the work of someone else is to blame for any issues. If people are having problems, we ask for as much information as possible to identify the potential cause of their issue. After working through these issues for 10 months, we've learned a thing or two on how to identify the problem. We've gone to pretty extreme levels and have brought in some of the troubled products for our own inspection and to more easily identify the problem through hands on experience. Some things aren't as easy to identify and produce a solution for over the phone as others. That's part of the joy some people get playing in the custom rifle world. If someone doesn't want to tinker or build, they should probably just go buy something off the shelf as it'll likely be easier on the budget and has a better chance of limiting the potential for problems by limiting the amount of customization available. If that person wants a full custom rifle but doesn't want the challenge of setting it up or the inherently higher potential for issues, they should probably just pay someone they believe to be qualified to do that for them. We all know there's no shortage of custom shops out there.

We know that within the custom action and firearm industry there are thousands of options for stocks, barrels, triggers, etc. for people to choose from and utilize on their individual system. We don't offer barreled actions or full rifle systems for the simple reason that there are too many choices for all the other components and how they're produced. We have had success with this model in the past with our center fire actions so we maintained that model when designing and producing our rim fire actions. A lot of people want a unique rifle system so we give them that option. There's nothing wrong with controlling variables by offering a limited amount of variations, but that isn't our model so we don't do that.

If anyone would like to have a conversation about the issues they're experiencing, I'll be more than happy to do so. Jumping online and claiming we'll always blame a different product for issues with your individual system is irresponsible and inaccurate on every level. Is the problem sometimes identified as being in the barrel? Absolutely. Do we land on that the first time we hear of an issue with our products? Absolutely not. I'll be happy to send anyone new parts or return labels for any of our products to get hands on and help identify problems and learn how to solve them. Those people have got to be willing to give us that opportunity when that happens, though. Shutting down and establishing the opinion that the product isn't a viable option in the market isn't a good way to get problems solved.

For everyone else that is interested in the product, take some time and read through the success stories and how happy people are with their products in this thread. That's part of the reason people keep buying the RimX action.
One Qustion Do you build complete rifles Ready to shoot. If not Why. Vudoo does. You make a action. Why not build a accurate gun arond your action. Back it up make a match ready 22.

One Qustion Do you build complete rifles Ready to shoot. If not Why. Vudoo does. You make a action. Why not build a accurate gun arond your action. Back it up make a match ready 22.
They've chosen a different business model as was fairly clearly written. Plenty of action companies make just actions and not complete rifles, it's not an uncommon thing.

Just mentioning this, and nothing against Vudoo, but 3 of the 4 Vudoo's I've been around have had problems and were either sold or sent back to them, twice in one circumstance of the latter.

So barreled actions are no guarantee of reliability either.

BTW I haven't owned Vudoo, or RimX, or whatever the other uber 22 bolt rifles are.

Reactions: Raufoss
Just mentioning this, and nothing against Vudoo, but 3 of the 4 Vudoo's I've been around have had problems and were either sold or sent back to them, twice in one circumstance of the latter.

BTW I haven't owned Vudoo, or RimX, or whatever the other uber 22 bolt rifles are.
"BTW I haven't owned Vudoo, or RimX, or whatever the other uber 22 bolt rifles are."

Well, I have, and have put countless rounds down the barrel. Overall, this is a very educated forum, let's hear back from you after you have some actual experience.

Reactions: STex

It's all about relevant context Steve. Might you know how many rifles/barreled actions we pay to ship to us that all they require is proper cleaning or proper installation into a stock or chassis? I'm not saying we've not had small issues, but we deal with them and most times we're ahead of it. Anyone that's actually dealt with us through things like this already know that dealing with an issue is as simple as reaching out.

MB

I covered this in the response:

"...
..."

Ultimately, our core competency is building actions. We've been so busy with that task over that past few years that there's not been a need for us to attempt to become a sole source for rifle systems. Not to mention, there are a lot of small shops across the country that benefit from us not offering barreled actions, rifle systems or even just barrels. If we become the one stop shop, we can negatively impact our dealers that have been loyal to us over the years. Taking the sale of a barrel or a trigger or a stock away from them would likely force them to drop our product all together which isn't good for any of the businesses involved. We trust in a lot of these shops to produce quality products for our end users and offer them at a reasonable price with solid support of the systems. Some are better than others and that's why there's a public forum for people to share their experiences with those shops.

If company A does something different than company B but they're both producing high quality products and satisfied customers, should either company change their model to reflect the other's? There's a reason we all exist and it's because this is a free market where we're left (mostly) to decide how we do things on our own. That's the beauty of our country, let's keep it that way.

It's all about relevant context Steve. Might you know how many rifles/barreled actions we pay to ship to us that all they require is proper cleaning or proper installation into a stock or chassis? I'm not saying we've not had small issues, but we deal with them and most times we're ahead of it. Anyone that's actually dealt with us through things like this already know that dealing with an issue is as simple as reaching out.

MB
OP-" I'm looking to buy a Nightforce ATACR , what do you think?"
First post- "I've never owned one, but my Vortex is the bomb"
Pro tip- only post if you have some personal knowledge or expertise to add to the conversation.

Analogy purposes only - On the other hand if someone sees 3 NF going down during matches and knows the people that own them....

One of these guys won the NRL22 match last weekend with his Vudoo, he didn't have any problems, so there's more truth just to show I'm not being mean or picking on Vudoo.

But he sure as hell wasn't winning anything when his Vudoo was malfunctioning before he sent it back and that was a chambering problem.

I and others saw the problem first hand.

He bought the BA brand new BTW.

TRUTH

Reactions: b6graham