• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Started the day off shooting a full mag at single dots and got 7 100s out of 10 attempts.

Then I shot a 5x5 (not 4x5 like I wrote on the target 🤦‍♂️) with an average of 0.46”. When I can get the random large group to go away, this rifle is going to be super impressive.
82CC3B2A-76EE-42B8-AE08-0AECD93798F7.jpeg

Reactions: 021411
I’ll shoot groups to check accuracy but when I zero I used a grid target. If I can nail intersecting points consecutively I call my rifle zeroed. First hit is what matters. Gotta hit what you’re aiming at.

What fore end is on the bravo? I had a vision fore end on my whiskey 3 but it only had 4 mounting screws and was kind of janky to secure

What fore end is on the bravo? I had a vision fore end on my whiskey 3 but it only had 4 mounting screws and was kind of janky to secure
Next Shot Precision Alpha. It secures with 8 screws. I have mine in the raw finish which is actually tumbled/stonewashed.

Reactions: Mxridr
Yeah it looks great plus they charge $125 to cerakote. Thank you

How does that rimx mag work with alpha fore end? I just grabbed one in the px section.

So I’m looking to build another 22 rifle and have been considering a RIMX. I really want a rifle/chamber that will shoot eley well (due to its availability compared to lapua). Is there a particular gunsmith y’all would recommend for this? Looking to get a barreled action. Probably 24-25” barrel mtu or straight with no tuner.

So I’m looking to build another 22 rifle and have been considering a RIMX. I really want a rifle/chamber that will shoot eley well (due to its availability compared to lapua). Is there a particular gunsmith y’all would recommend for this? Looking to get a barreled action. Probably 24-25” barrel mtu or straight with no tuner.
Not because he’s a mod here but I’ve had good experience with the Eachus Match Chamber shooting Eley. Semi-Auto BR was my match round last year. Tenex/Match/Team/Edge shot nicely as well once you lot test. I grouped them together because of the bullet profile.

In no particular order from personal experience.. Manzella Precision, Keystone Accuracy, Modacam. Manzella and Keystone can do the Eachus chamber.
Modacam’s match chamber shoots Eley well also.

As with anything you read on the internet, YMMV.

As specifically related to Eley vs Lapua it basically comes down to chamber specs and headspace. Eley typically does better with a 2 degree lead. Lapua 1.5 degree. When I say better, I simply mean you are more likely to find a lot of Eley to shoot in a 2 degree chamber vs 1.5. Either can shoot in either type chamber and in the end all else being equal it comes down to what lot your rifle likes. Find a reputable Rimfire smith and discuss it with them. If they only do one type of chamber or don’t have a good answer to a question, find another. Anyone worth their salt should be able to give you solid advice and not just a this is the way I do it answer.

Engraving depth, tapered or non tapered chamber are all things to ask about. I come from the BR side of things and have my preferences and know some will have other preferences so not going to argue on details of every aspect of it. That’s why I say find a Rimfire smith who’s main job is Rimfires and have a conversation. There is no one size fits all answer.

If you are buying a prefit, you won’t have these choices. If you buy a blank and send it to someone you will (or should).

Reactions: Csafisher
Does anyone know if MCR or Manzella will sell a barreled action? I don’t have a blank or the action on hand. Would like to get both from the same smith if possible.

The beauty of tight tolerances and prefits. They don’t need to have the action when they spin the barrel.

My 2 1.2" straight 20" barrels arrived today from Manzella. Ready to start testing.

Ones a GM and the other is the Shilen 4G 12 twist...

Gonna throw the shilen on and get to testing.

That’s what I’m waiting on! Lol. Mike said he finished them up. How your 12t shoots will determine if I play with a 12 twist.

Reactions: padom
My 2 1.2" straight 20" barrels arrived today from Manzella. Ready to start testing.

Ones a GM and the other is the Shilen 4G 12 twist...

Gonna throw the shilen on and get to testing.

The amount of barrels you have makes me truly jealous. Although I couldn't shoot all of them even if I tried. lol

What are you guys torquing your barrels to on these? I usually do 300 IN-LB on my 2500x’s but with these being a bigger tenon curious what you guys are doing.

I just want one really good one. Hopefully that green mountain by Manzella

Hahaha. I have a problem... don't be like me kids.😆😆🤣🤣🤣
Do you shoot NRL22 or PRS22? If so what length barrel, barrel profile, will balance well without a bunch of weights on your RimX actions?

I want a RimX and I want a straight or nearly straight profile barrel that will balance with little to no added weights.

Finally got a few boxes of Lapua Super Long Range in along with new bricks of SK LRM to replenish my stash. I don’t know.. I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze on the new SLR after today comparing it to the lot of SK LRM I got. Could it be more consistent in the long run? Who knows.
Both lots of the ammo shot almost identical this morning. Numbers were neck and neck as well as group sizes. I’m going to burn up the SLR at an upcoming match.
I also reverted back to how I trued dope which was how I did it last season. I’m using G1 instead of CDM and Cal DSF. My truing method today was tweak MV at 100 and tweak BC at 200. I moved to two different ranges this morning to accomplish the task.
At 100, my MV was dead on. I didn’t have to touch anything there. I then moved to the next range which had 96, 196, and 226. Since 226 was the furthest at that particular range, I adjusted BC at that distance. I had to come down 4 tenths which brought the BC to 0.170. I verified at 226 and then went and shot at 196. Stacked them as you can see. The height of the water line was 1.4”.
Barrel: Keystone GM 20” Eachus Match chamber
IMG_0491.jpeg

IMG_0490.jpeg

IMG_0496.jpeg

IMG_0503.jpeg

Last edited:
I "need" a new barrel. I have been lusting after some of the higher end barrels. But due to my current employment situation and results like these really have me leaning toward the keystone GM barrel. Seems like all the testing reports I have seen here have the Eachus chamber. How does the Keystone chamber compare?

Finally got a few boxes of Lapua Super Long Range in along with new bricks of SK LRM to replenish my stash. I don’t know.. I don’t think the juice is worth the squeeze on the new SLR after today comparing it to the lot of SK LRM I got. Could it be more consistent in the long run? Who knows.
Both lots of the ammo shot almost identical this morning. Numbers were neck and neck as well as group sizes. I’m going to burn up the SLR at an upcoming match.
I also reverted back to how I trued dope which was how I did it last season. I’m using G1 instead of CDM and Cal DSF. My truing method today was tweak MV at 100 and tweak BC at 200. I moved to two different ranges this morning to accomplish the task.
At 100, my MV was dead on. I didn’t have to touch anything there. I then moved to the next range which had 96, 196, and 226. Since 226 was the furthest at that particular range, I adjusted BC at that distance. I had to come down 4 tenths which brought the BC to 0.170. I verified at 226 and then went and shot at 196. Stacked them as you can see. The height of the water line was 1.4”.
Barrel: Keystone GM 20” Eachus Match chamber
View attachment 8224107
View attachment 8224108
View attachment 8224109
View attachment 8224231

That's a nice brick of LRM if it stays that consistent. My last 3 lots of LRM were an ES of like 40 and an SD of 9-10. My SLR is similar to yours with an ES of 20 and an SD of 5.

Reactions: 021411
I "need" a new barrel. I have been lusting after some of the higher end barrels. But due to my current employment situation and results like these really have me leaning toward the keystone GM barrel. Seems like all the testing reports I have seen here have the Eachus chamber. How does the Keystone chamber compare?
I also have an MCR Krieger and a TS Customs Benchmark. In the beginning I was dead set on only having higher end barrels until I was exposed to the GM barrels. Now I have two of them. Once I lot tested, the Keystone shot no different than the Krieger and Benchmark with my skill set and fundamentals. I’m still in process of lot testing my second GM. Accuracy was so close between all of them it didn’t make a difference to me. I can’t outshoot my barrels and I’m satisfied with my group sizes. If you go back a page you’ll see what the barrel could do on a 5x5 with the right lot of ammo.
Now if you’re a high level competitive shooter then yeah. You want the best and I get that. You can squeeze every bit of accuracy out of the higher end blank. Common sense when you don’t see National and world champs with budget blanks.

As far as chambers go I’m not well versed on chamber dimensions and what does better with what. Specifically for the Eachus I want to say it was designed to shoot SK/Lapua. But it also does really well RWS and Eley in my experience.

At the end of the day, too much emphasis is put on what degree chamber to use. The quality of chambering is much more important than if it is 1.5 degree or 2 degree. A well finished chamber set to either lead angle will perform just fine. I would argue that engraving depth has much more affect on the result than the lead angle. All else being equal, the fact is it comes down to barrel quality and ammo. A great barrel will shoot about any ammo. A bad barrel will shoot none, and a normal barrel will shoot a couple of lots pretty decent. You don't know until you put it on and ammo test.

If you want a guaranteed great shooter, pull out your wallet and buy a gun that is proven. That is the only way to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Williwaw
At the end of the day, too much emphasis is put on what degree chamber to use. The quality of chambering is much more important than if it is 1.5 degree or 2 degree. A well finished chamber set to either lead angle will perform just fine. I would argue that engraving depth has much more affect on the result than the lead angle. All else being equal, the fact is it comes down to barrel quality and ammo. I great barrel will shoot about any ammo. A bad barrel will shoot none, and a normal barrel will shoot a couple of lots pretty decent. You don't know until you put it on and ammo test.

If you want a guaranteed great shooter, pull out your wallet and buy a gun that is proven. That is the only way to do it.

I couldnt agree more... A lot of the barrels Keystone did and all the barrels Mike @ Manzella are doing with my 22LR Match Eachus chamber designed for Lapua CenterX, we have engraving Lapua CenterX just touching the 2nd driving bang on the bullet when chambered. This setup has provide unbelievable accuracy from Lapua, SK, RWS, FGMM, and Federal Ultramatch.. It also allows for a live round to be ejected.

I say a lot of the barrels Keystone did, because I know they went with a modified chamber with looser dimensions and I dont know how much they are engraving the bullet anymore sometime in the past 2yr or so... But in the initial runs in 2020-2021 they all were setup running my chamber and engraving to the 2nd driving band on CX.

Last edited:
I couldnt agree more... A lot of the barrels Keystone did and all the barrels Mike @ Manzella are doing with my 22LR Match Eachus chamber designed for Lapua CenterX, we have engraving Lapua CenterX just touching the 2nd driving bang on the bullet when chambered. This setup has provide unbelievable accuracy from Lapua, SK, RWS, FGMM, and Federal Ultramatch.. It also allows for a live round to be ejected.

I say a lot of the barrels Keystone did, because I know they went with a modified chamber with looser dimensions and I dont know how much they are engraving the bullet anymore sometime in the past 2yr or so... But in the initial runs in 2020-2021 they all were setup running my chamber and engraving to the 2nd driving bang on CX.
How does your chamber perform with eley?
Thanks Dave

Reactions: MilSpecOkie
How does your chamber perform with eley?
Thanks Dave

I will be right up front and tell you I have virtually no experience testing Eley. I did test 1 single very old lot of Tennex and it shot very good. It was 1 or 2 very very old 50rd boxes and thats the extent of Eley testing Ive done.

I have a kreiger 22" by Manzella I can test some Eley Match and Tenex this weekend if you want , I can post 6x5 with a shilen ratchet match too. The shilen shoots very very good with eley match and midas plus.
I’d be interested to see that. I’m looking for a chamber that will shoot eley as well. Lapua/sk is a little hard to find consistently

I have a kreiger 22" by Manzella I can test some Eley Match and Tenex this weekend if you want , I can post 6x5 with a shilen ratchet match too. The shilen shoots very very good with eley match and midas plus.
That would be great 😊 I have a Krieger with Mike now. I have a brick of eley match that my Lilja barreled CZ likes. I was going to order some more ammo . I have no problem using SK.
Thanks Dave

I also have an MCR Krieger and a TS Customs Benchmark. In the beginning I was dead set on only having higher end barrels until I was exposed to the GM barrels. Now I have two of them. Once I lot tested, the Keystone shot no different than the Krieger and Benchmark with my skill set and fundamentals. I’m still in process of lot testing my second GM. Accuracy was so close between all of them it didn’t make a difference to me. I can’t outshoot my barrels and I’m satisfied with my group sizes. If you go back a page you’ll see what the barrel could do on a 5x5 with the right lot of ammo.
Now if you’re a high level competitive shooter then yeah. You want the best and I get that. You can squeeze every bit of accuracy out of the higher end blank. Common sense when you don’t see National and world champs with budget blanks.

As far as chambers go I’m not well versed on chamber dimensions and what does better with what. Specifically for the Eachus I want to say it was designed to shoot SK/Lapua. But it also does really well RWS and Eley in my experience.
I appreciate the info. I think I am going to call keystone this week and order a GM. I am wanting to go with a bit longer barrel to get more weight onto the gun. Any reason you and @padom only run 20" barrels? I was thinking about getting a straight 23 to 25 incher. I also go back and forth about having it threaded. I do have suppressors but don't think I would use one regularly or in matches. All the testing I have done with different guns the 22s seem to shoot a lil less consistently suppressed.

Does anyone know what the dimensions of the tensioner spring are? Looking to buy a bunch in bulk to swap as they compress instead of one at a time from local dealers