• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Posting this here, its a repost from my Zermatt Review thread for anyone running RimX mags with the +5 round magazine extensions. This is a must buy!

So I just received these in the mail and they couldnt come soon enough. I had Zermatt send Joel @ JKL Precision a RimX magazine so he could design and make RimX magazine loaders. These are a MUST BUY for anyone running the RimX magazines with the +5 magazine extensions!! 10rd mags you can load just fine with the built in loading tabs to pull down on the follower. If you have the +5 billet extensions installed, you can just barely load 11 rounds into the magazine at which time you no longer have tabs to pull down on to load the last 4. You had to physically grab the greasy/oily stack of match bullets and pull down hard to get the last 4 in. Anyone loading 1000's of rounds in their RimX 15rd mags knows how frustrating this is/was.

Well the new JKL Precision RimX magazine loader is done and it works beautifully! Made this quick little video to show how easy and nice it is. Get with JKL Precision to place your orders!

Big shout out to Joel @ JKL Precision for getting this done! and Ray @Zermatt Arms for helping me out and sending Joel a mag to design off of!..

Last edited:
I am getting ready to order a rimx action. My question is, with the lawsuit with vudoo over the mags. What could come with it? If vudoo wins would zermatt have to redesign the mags? I guess I'm just nervous to order an action only to have it obsolete after the lawsuit.

I am getting ready to order a rimx action. My question is, with the lawsuit with vudoo over the mags. What could come with it? If vudoo wins would zermatt have to redesign the mags? I guess I'm just nervous to order an action only to have it obsolete after the lawsuit.

How would it be obsolete? Its a proven action, proven magazine. You buy the action and the mags, it works just like the rest of ours does..... It doesnt stop working because of a lawsuit, if there even is one.....

Reactions: PR3AK
This is one of the place I read it. If there is no lawsuit cool, I couldn't find anything about it that is why I asked.

20200621_230627.jpg

As per earlier posts I have had feeding issues with my RimX. I have been working with Ray and Aaron at Zermatt and I didn’t want to post any specifics until I got the issue resolved. I believed I have it resolved now and thought it might be beneficial to others to share what I learned.

The issue I had was the round hanging up during feeding, a problem that was exacerbated when I added the 5 round magazine extensions. The tip would get caught in the chamber and the body of the round would not come all the way up to horizontal to allow the round to feed into the chamber. The solution for me (and for others) was to add additional chamfer/polish to the chamber face (more than you would typically need for other rimfire actions). Hopefully this will prevent some headaches for any future RimX owners that may experience this issue.

Last edited:
As per earlier posts I have had feeding issues with my RimX. I have been working with Ray and Aaron at Zermatt and I didn’t want to post any specifics until I got the issue resolved. I believed I have it resolved now and thought it might be beneficial to others to share what I learned.

The issue I had was the round hanging up during feeding, a problem that was exacerbated when I added the 5 round magazine extensions. The tip would get caught in the chamber and the body of the round would not come all the way up to horizontal to allow the round to feed into the chamber. The solution for me (and for others) was to add additional chamfer/polish to the chamber face (more than you would typically need for other rimfire actions). Hopefully this will prevent some headaches for any future RimX owners that may experience this issue.
Should have also mentioned thanks to Padom and Reubenski for their help troubleshooting with the issues

I just put in an order with Keystone for a barreled RimX. Looking forward to its arrival in late August. I am leaning towards the MPA BA but still deciding on which direction to go.

Gents, not to reopen a can of worms, but based on comments earlier in this thread (or another), for those of us who are spinning up a RimX action and want to run a TriggerTech, do we have anything to worry about? I.e., should I send the TT to smith who has the action to double check timing as a simple precaution? Or would that be over doing it?

So what is the best setup for benchrest shooting or just target shooting. A single stage Bix n Andy Tac Sport Pro Trigger or a Double stage? A Krieger 20" barrel or 20" Benchmark?

Just picked up my transferred Keystone barreled action from LGS. Mounted the Bix & Andy dropped it in an MPA Hybrid. Trigger is sweet, waiting for rings, hopefully I have no feeding issues; bolt removal was just fine.
RimX1.jpg

Reactions: JKW70
Have to say, I have (3) TT Diamond triggers, all set between 8-10oz, I like them very much. Just put a Bix & Andy in my Rim-X that came in yesterday, really a nice feel, set up at 10oz from Bullet central. I have not measured it yet but this thing REALLY nice.

I just put in an order with Keystone for a barreled RimX. Looking forward to its arrival in late August. I am leaning towards the MPA BA but still deciding on which direction to go.

Is late Aug what they told you? I wonder how long I have to go.. ordered June 1.

Yes the ball park date was late August so around two months. If the two month period is consistent yours looks to arrive around August 1st. I know, the waiting game is tough.

I ordered an action last week from Zermatt, they told me it would ship around September 1st. Then I have to wait for the smith to finish it up. I probably won't be putting rounds down mine until November.

Have to say, I have (3) TT Diamond triggers, all set between 8-10oz, I like them very much. Just put a Bix & Andy in my Rim-X that came in yesterday, really a nice feel, set up at 10oz from Bullet central. I have not measured it yet but this thing REALLY nice.

Ive had 10 or so TT Diamonds and they are nice, but I personally think the BnA TacSport Pro's feel nicer. Thats why I bought 6 of them.. hahaha

Ive had 10 or so TT Diamonds and they are nice, but I personally think the BnA TacSport Pro's feel nicer. Thats why I bought 6 of them.. hahaha

Y'all are having me want to try one out. I have 5 tt diamonds now. I may have to order one to put on the rimx if they offer a lefty.

I believe Zermätt worked out an agreement with Vudoo on this when they were making the mag. I don’t think there are any issues between Zermätt and Vudoo. But don’t quote me on that because I could be dead wrong.

The only potential patent issue I’ve heard about is the magazine for the Bergara B-14R. As far as I know, however, nothing has happened between Bergara and Vudoo yet so I don’t know if there is actually a problem or not.

Anyone shooting Eley EPS ? I've been getting really good consistency with CCI SV for 1/4 of the price of the Eley EPS. I avg 1080 FPS (with an ES of 4 FPS!) with the CCI SV. The Eley isn't grouping as good at 200 possibly because it's cloaking at 1140 FPS and perhaps just in between transonic and subsonic as opposed to the CCI SV which is subsonic throughout the whole flight ? Anyone else have EPS running "hotter" than the other match 22lr stuff ? Using a 16" barrel btw.

Anyone shooting Eley EPS ? I've been getting really good consistency with CCI SV for 1/4 of the price of the Eley EPS. I avg 1080 FPS (with an ES of 4 FPS!) with the CCI SV. The Eley isn't grouping as good at 200 possibly because it's cloaking at 1140 FPS and perhaps just in between transonic and subsonic as opposed to the CCI SV which is subsonic throughout the whole flight ? Anyone else have EPS running "hotter" than the other match 22lr stuff ? Using a 16" barrel btw.
Who chambered your barrel? I ask as I have a ton of CCI SV but had read it didn't work so well in some of the match chambers done by some smiths. if there was a smith or brand that worked well with the SV that'd be a bit more interesting.

Still trying to decide if I just go with the Keystone offer before it expires on the 4th.

Who chambered your barrel? I ask as I have a ton of CCI SV but had read it didn't work so well in some of the match chambers done by some smiths. if there was a smith or brand that worked well with the SV that'd be a bit more interesting.

Still trying to decide if I just go with the Keystone offer before it expires on the 4th.
Primal rights 2deg chamber, Paradigm 16” sendero, carbon wrapped.
Is it slightly tighter to feed than Eley EPS ? Wee little bit... still feeds and eject fines. But I couldn’t believe how consistent velocity wise with the MS3. At some point I had 5 CCI SV rounds in a row at 1079fps ...

Still impressed with the PR 2deg with CCI SV. This ammo is very consistent on this barrel. And at more than half the cost of the Lapua, I'm tempted to buy a few 5000 rds case to practice my wind reading and fundamentals.
Still waiting for my Lapua order to get delivered and compare.
Just did a quick dope on a 9x9" 295y steel. No wind, yesterday afternoon. I tried 2 sighters without compensating for spin drift or wind just to see if it would match the Kestrel dope, first shot was high and to the right (I used the Kestrel custom curve for the Lapua so maybe thats why), so I adjusted elevation and second was right on elevation, then all others I compensated about 0.5L for SD .. that being said, was it SD or 1MPH wind ? Can't tell, I'm a novice 22lr shooter. Not sure either if the vertical spread is due to FPS variance or slight aerodynamic jump ? Most likely the velocity but I didn't have the chrony set up on this one.

I'm trying to set up a Soliom solar remote camera using an outdoor wifi repeater, it's downhill line of sight so it does reach 300y but the sun washes the target and the resolution is too low to make out the impacts, maybe I'll try to put a shade or something.

Also gonna get some surveyors tape to put as poor mans wind flags at every 100y.

Sw2LAYG.png

Still impressed with the PR 2deg with CCI SV. This ammo is very consistent on this barrel. And at more than half the cost of the Lapua, I'm tempted to buy a few 5000 rds case to practice my wind reading and fundamentals.
Still waiting for my Lapua order to get delivered and compare.
Just did a quick dope on a 9x9" 295y steel. No wind, yesterday afternoon. I tried 2 sighters without compensating for spin drift or wind just to see if it would match the Kestrel dope, first shot was high and to the right (I used the Kestrel custom curve for the Lapua so maybe thats why), so I adjusted elevation and second was right on elevation, then all others I compensated about 0.5L for SD .. that being said, was it SD or 1MPH wind ? Can't tell, I'm a novice 22lr shooter. Not sure either if the vertical spread is due to FPS variance or slight aerodynamic jump ? Most likely the velocity but I didn't have the chrony set up on this one.

I'm trying to set up a Soliom solar remote camera using an outdoor wifi repeater, it's downhill line of sight so it does reach 300y but the sun washes the target and the resolution is too low to make out the impacts, maybe I'll try to put a shade or something.

Also gonna get some surveyors tape to put as poor mans wind flags at every 100y.

Sw2LAYG.png

Problem I've had with CCI SV is that I'd go one brick fantastic, one brick shit. So if you can buy up that one lot # you have that's shooting well you should definitely do it. I went from a brick consistently shooting at 1065 with low SD's, to another brick that shot between 950 and 1045... 95 ES!

Problem I've had with CCI SV is that I'd go one brick fantastic, one brick shit. So if you can buy up that one lot # you have that's shooting well you should definitely do it. I went from a brick consistently shooting at 1065 with low SD's, to another brick that shot between 950 and 1045... 95 ES!
Make sense !